From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Subject: Why did Hope Leave?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 12:46:30 -0500
 by: Rick - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 17:46 UTC

Refresh my memory on something, please. What was the in-story explanation
for Hope leaving the show? I know the actress decided to leave the role,
but how did they explain that on-air? Given that all her closest relatives
(I think) remained in Salem, including her sister and elderly father, and
given that Bo was established in canon as dead, I'm struggling to remember a
good in-story reason for her to leave Salem.

Re: Why did Hope Leave?

<svb5su$1otbs$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=491&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#491

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Subject: Re: Why did Hope Leave?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 10:07:24 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:07 UTC

On 2/25/2022 9:46 AM, Rick wrote:
> Refresh my memory on something, please.  What was the in-story
> explanation for Hope leaving the show?  I know the actress decided to
> leave the role, but how did they explain that on-air?   Given that all
> her closest relatives (I think) remained in Salem, including her sister
> and elderly father, and given that Bo was established in canon as dead,
> I'm struggling to remember a good in-story reason for her to leave Salem.

Originally she was going off to search for Ciara, whom she believed was
not dead. Then after she was found, Hope went to S Africa to be with
her. It hasn't been explained why she's still there when Ciara is back
in Salem, though she was supposedly coming to visit a couple of times,
but there were 'flight problems'. I think Ben and Ciara are going to be
off the show for a while in the coming months, maybe they go to stay
with her.

Re: Why did Hope Leave?

<svbc1t$1lfm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=492&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#492

From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:52:29 -0500
 by: Rick - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 19:52 UTC

"suzeeq" wrote in message news:svb5su$1otbs$1@solani.org...

>On 2/25/2022 9:46 AM, Rick wrote:
>> Refresh my memory on something, please. What was the in-story
>> explanation for Hope leaving the show? I know the actress decided to
>> leave the role, but how did they explain that on-air? Given that all
>> her closest relatives (I think) remained in Salem, including her sister
>> and elderly father, and given that Bo was established in canon as dead,
>> I'm struggling to remember a good in-story reason for her to leave Salem.
>
>Originally she was going off to search for Ciara, whom she believed was not
>dead. Then after she was found, Hope went to S Africa to be with her. It
>hasn't been explained why she's still there when Ciara is back in Salem,
>though she was supposedly coming to visit a couple of times, but there were
>'flight problems'. I think Ben and Ciara are going to be off the show for a
>while in the coming months, maybe they go to stay with her.

Thanks. At least they haven't gone with that old Days chestnut of her being
perpetually off-camera "in another room" as they did for so many years with
Alice.