Disco is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

SubjectAuthor
* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
|`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manIdlehands
| `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manIdlehands
|`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
| +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manIdlehands
| +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| |`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
| | `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| |  `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
+- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe True Doctor
+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
|+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
||+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
|||`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
||+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
|||`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
||`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
|`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| |`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| | `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a mansolar penguin
| +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
| |+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| ||`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| |`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
| |+- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
| |`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a mansolar penguin
| | `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
| |  `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
| |   `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
|`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
 +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
 | +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Coca Cola Kid
 | |`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
 | `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |  +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
 |  `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
 |   `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |    `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |     +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
 |     |`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |     `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
  +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manIdlehands
  +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
  `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
   `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor

Pages:1234567
Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<to49td$1nkcb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13851&group=rec.arts.drwho#13851

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 13:19:41 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:lGPyIWxPj+1af4E4/C82+5ysbDQ=
 by: The Last Doctor - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 13:19 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <to0160$14q9c$1@dont-email.me>,
> The Dark Doctor <darkdoctor@geocities.com> wrote:
>>

>> "The Last Doctor" wrote in message news:t58cno$935$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>>> Ncuti Gatwa: BBC names actor as next Doctor Who star
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123
>>>
>>> You may not be familiar with him but if not, check out Netflix’s Sex
>>> Education (you should anyway). His Eric is an excellent role.
>>
>> The Doctor is always a man. Sometimes he is a queer man, like the most
>> recent incarnation, but he is always a man.
>>

> Someone Tell me what the Hell is going on!

It doesn’t matter how many times we tell you Dave, you won’t get it.

(Yes, I know you were more or less quoting from the 2023 specials trailer,
which was a rare moment of appropriateness from you).

In my original post, “man” referred to the gender of the actor playing the
next Doctor after Tennant’s encore, Ncuti Gatwa. Like “Scottish” and
“black”, these represent characteristics of humans.

In the Universe of Doctor Who, though, the Doctor is a Gallfreyan - the
first modern Gallifreyan, in fact, since the Doctor’s genetic material was
spliced into the genes of early Gallifreyans to give them the ability to
regenerate.

The Doctor, and the members of the resultant hybrid species created from
the Doctor’s germ plasm, are humanoids with a full range of human-like
phenotypes. The process of regeneration can alter many characteristics that
in humans are deemed immutable - height, eye colour, hair type and colour,
skin colour, gross physiognomy, biological sex, voice, personality, and
major adjustments backwards and forwards in apparent physiological age, to
name but a few.

It’s therefore irrational and misleading to ascribe certain human
attributes to Gallifreyans, such as “male”, “straight”, “transgender”, as
these things can and do change over time for many Gallifreyans thanks to
regeneration. Some of these concepts make no fundamental sense when
considering aliens that have the ability to shape change in extremis and
even by choice.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<to4bdp$1npls$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13852&group=rec.arts.drwho#13852

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 06:45:28 -0700
 by: Idlehands - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 13:45 UTC

On 2022-12-23 6:19 a.m., The Last Doctor wrote:
> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <to0160$14q9c$1@dont-email.me>,
>> The Dark Doctor <darkdoctor@geocities.com> wrote:

>>> The Doctor is always a man. Sometimes he is a queer man, like the most
>>> recent incarnation, but he is always a man.
>>>

>> Someone Tell me what the Hell is going on!
>
> It doesn’t matter how many times we tell you Dave, you won’t get it.
>
> (Yes, I know you were more or less quoting from the 2023 specials trailer,
> which was a rare moment of appropriateness from you).
>
> In my original post, “man” referred to the gender of the actor playing the
> next Doctor after Tennant’s encore, Ncuti Gatwa. Like “Scottish” and
> “black”, these represent characteristics of humans.
>
> In the Universe of Doctor Who, though, the Doctor is a Gallfreyan - the
> first modern Gallifreyan, in fact, since the Doctor’s genetic material was
> spliced into the genes of early Gallifreyans to give them the ability to
> regenerate.
>
> The Doctor, and the members of the resultant hybrid species created from
> the Doctor’s germ plasm, are humanoids with a full range of human-like
> phenotypes. The process of regeneration can alter many characteristics that
> in humans are deemed immutable - height, eye colour, hair type and colour,
> skin colour, gross physiognomy, biological sex, voice, personality, and
> major adjustments backwards and forwards in apparent physiological age, to
> name but a few.
>
> It’s therefore irrational and misleading to ascribe certain human
> attributes to Gallifreyans, such as “male”, “straight”, “transgender”, as
> these things can and do change over time for many Gallifreyans thanks to
> regeneration. Some of these concepts make no fundamental sense when
> considering aliens that have the ability to shape change in extremis and
> even by choice.

Well written, succinct and to the point and totally wasted on an
ignorant asshole like binky who has nothing better to do than slot
people into pigeonholes of his own making.

And spew hundreds of nonsense spam posts every day.

--
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."
- Benjamin Franklin

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<to4le1$1p3tn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13854&group=rec.arts.drwho#13854

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:36:17 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:sTLnhkcSk0OTwmApSVE8uZRHlEc=
 by: The Last Doctor - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:36 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

>>> Someone Tell me what the Hell is going on!
>>
>> It doesn’t matter how many times we tell you Dave, you won’t get it.
>>
>> (Yes, I know you were more or less quoting from the 2023 specials trailer,
>> which was a rare moment of appropriateness from you).
>
> You missed the obvious Joke, Chibnall-loving MM!

I don’t know who “Chibnall-loving MM” is, as since I’ve made my disdain for
and disappointment in the Chibnall era pretty plain, it’s not me.

As for the “obvious joke”, I rather think that I noticed your quote
(clearly not funny as a follow up to the odd assertion being made, so that
wasn’t the joke) - since I referred to it - and then I TOLD the obvious
joke, ie that when YOU ask to be told what’s going on, it doesn’t matter,
since you’ll never understand what you’re told.

As evidenced here by you.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<to5joo$1srrf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13856&group=rec.arts.drwho#13856

From: darkdoc...@geocities.com (The Dark Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 19:13:56 -0600
 by: The Dark Doctor - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 01:13 UTC

"The Last Doctor" wrote in message news:to49td$1nkcb$1@dont-email.me...

>In the Universe of Doctor Who, though, the Doctor is a Gallfreyan - the
>first modern Gallifreyan, in fact, since the Doctor’s genetic material was
>spliced into the genes of early Gallifreyans to give them the ability to
>regenerate.

That is, at best, a very disputed 'fact', and it is very likely a lie
created by The Master and possibly others in order to manipulate and
gaslight the Doctor.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<to5ktc$1svmn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13858&group=rec.arts.drwho#13858

From: darkdoc...@geocities.com (The Dark Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 19:33:28 -0600
 by: The Dark Doctor - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 01:33 UTC

"Daniel65" wrote in message news:to3vq1$1mfu8$1@dont-email.me...

>tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 23/12/22 4:27 am:
>>
>> So JodieDoc was transgender by our standards?
>>
>No, Tim, as I understand it, the suggestion is that JodicDoc was a
>Transvestite Male, i.e. a Cross-dresser!

More like an androgynous-dresser, but basically yeah.

>If JodicDoc were transgender that would mean JodieDoc was a Female!!

if you choose to believe the JodieDoc was biologically female, then the
JodieDoc was literally a man trapped in a female body. That would explain
why the character was always trying to hide their body, especially if it had
post-pubescent features.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<to5l8k$1t0n7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13859&group=rec.arts.drwho#13859

From: darkdoc...@geocities.com (The Dark Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 19:38:09 -0600
 by: The Dark Doctor - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 01:38 UTC

"The Coca Cola Kid" wrote in message

>On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 5:41:59 PM UTC-6, netk...@gmail.com
>wrote:
>> In article <to23fk$1e1fi$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> The Dark Doctor <darkd...@geocities.com> wrote:

>> >Sure, why not?
>> >
>> Ugh!
>
>That's what King Yrcanos said when he found out something similar about
>Nicola Bryant's character.

Great point! I never thought about the parallels between the Doctor's sex
change and the Lord Kiv/Peri transfer, until now.

Hmm. Perhaps I should write a fanfic about this...

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<to6oah$28t82$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13864&group=rec.arts.drwho#13864

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 22:37:49 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 11:37 UTC

The Dark Doctor wrote on 24/12/22 12:33 pm:
> "Daniel65"  wrote in message news:to3vq1$1mfu8$1@dont-email.me...
>
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 23/12/22 4:27 am:
>>>
>>> So JodieDoc was transgender by our standards?
>>>
>> No, Tim, as I understand it, the suggestion is that JodicDoc was a
>> Transvestite Male, i.e. a Cross-dresser!
>
> More like an androgynous-dresser, but basically yeah.

Yeah!! O.K., and it's not like we saw JodieDoc going into a Female
Toilet or such!
--
Daniel

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<to99sj$2lam8$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13889&group=rec.arts.drwho#13889

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 21:49:57 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:49 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/22 1:33 am:
> On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 3:37:55 AM UTC-8, Daniel65 wrote:
>> The Dark Doctor wrote on 24/12/22 12:33 pm:

>>> More like an androgynous-dresser, but basically yeah.
>> Yeah!! O.K., and it's not like we saw JodieDoc going into a Female
>> Toilet or such!
>
> Have we ever seen the Doctor going to the bathroom?

No! Nor have we seen The Doctor ever have a Shower/Bath!! Oh, the Pong!!
--
Daniel

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<toaaah$35o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13901&group=rec.arts.drwho#13901

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 09:03:30 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 20:03 UTC

On 2022-12-25 10:49:57 +0000, Daniel65 said:
> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/22 1:33 am:

>>> Yeah!! O.K., and it's not like we saw JodieDoc going into a Female
>>> Toilet or such!
>>
>> Have we ever seen the Doctor going to the bathroom?
>
> No! Nor have we seen The Doctor ever have a Shower/Bath!! Oh, the Pong!!

Yes we have, although it was way back in Jon Pertwee's time ...

Doctor in the shower - Dr Who - BBC sci-fi
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0Vz7ow45s>

Having a bath has been mentioned a few times, but not seen (as far as I know).

You don't see the Doctor eat very often (Matt Smith was probably the
one who ate the most) ... so maybe that explains not needing to use a
toilet.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<tobs0o$3844j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13907&group=rec.arts.drwho#13907

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 21:11:35 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:11 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/22 11:23 pm:
> On Sunday, December 25, 2022 at 2:49:57 AM UTC-8, Daniel65 wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/22 1:33 am:

>>> Have we ever seen the Doctor going to the bathroom?
>>>
>> No! Nor have we seen The Doctor ever have a Shower/Bath!! Oh, the
>> Pong!!
>
> He/she might be stinkless just after a regeneration!

Maybe, Tim, or maybe that's one of the abilities built into a Gallifrian
..... the absence of Body Odour!!
--
Daniel

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<tobsbl$385c0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13908&group=rec.arts.drwho#13908

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 21:17:25 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:17 UTC

Your Name wrote on 26/12/22 7:03 am:
> On 2022-12-25 10:49:57 +0000, Daniel65 said:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/22 1:33 am:

>>> Have we ever seen the Doctor going to the bathroom?
>>
>> No! Nor have we seen The Doctor ever have a Shower/Bath!! Oh, the
>> Pong!!
>
> Yes we have, although it was way back in Jon Pertwee's time ...
>
> Doctor in the shower - Dr Who - BBC sci-fi
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0Vz7ow45s>

Hmm! DoctorJohn 'selecting' his 'costume'?? Was this the first
DoctorJohn episode??

> Having a bath has been mentioned a few times, but not seen (as far as
> I know).
>
> You don't see the Doctor eat very often (Matt Smith was probably the
> one who ate the most) ... so maybe that explains not needing to use a
> toilet.

Ah!! Of course.
--
Daniel

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<toccg0$39sai$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13911&group=rec.arts.drwho#13911

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 14:52:48 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:2jkXzAm8EIKKd12ABZGKtoMp9Wc=
 by: The Last Doctor - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 14:52 UTC

The Dark Doctor <darkdoctor@geocities.com> wrote:
> "The Last Doctor" wrote in message news:to49td$1nkcb$1@dont-email.me...
>
>> In the Universe of Doctor Who, though, the Doctor is a Gallfreyan - the
>> first modern Gallifreyan, in fact, since the Doctor’s genetic material was
>> spliced into the genes of early Gallifreyans to give them the ability to
>> regenerate.
>
> That is, at best, a very disputed 'fact', and it is very likely a lie
> created by The Master and possibly others in order to manipulate and
> gaslight the Doctor.

Yes, it could be a lie, but isn’t that mess of a plot line convoluted
enough without distorting it further?

Better to just ignore the whole thing and move on. It isn’t all that
germane to the main point, as if the Doctor is just another Gallifreyan
rather than their mitochondrial Eve, they are still part of a race that
changes almost everything about themselves from lifetime to lifetime, and
terms like “man” and “woman” really don’t apply.