Life is too short to be taken seriously. -- Oscar Wilde

arts / rec.arts.startrek.current / Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?FireteamJoker
+* Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?Faux Dameron
|`- Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?The Horny Goat
`- Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?John Crane

1
Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?

<6261cf19-9676-4afc-89c4-278ca3969e35n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#59

Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?
From: campionn...@gmail.com (FireteamJoker)
 by: FireteamJoker - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 17:45 UTC

On Wednesday, August 14, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Peter Griffiths wrote:
> I read an interview with Rene Auberjonois (in British mag
> Starburst) in which he said Nana Visitor was *kidnapped* just
> before the filming of 'Heart of Stone' in the third season.
> Does anyone know what happened? I was a bit shocked.
> Cheers,
> Peter G.
Gates McFadden just did a podcast with Nana Visitor. In it she talks about her kidnapping and rape. Someone followed her home and put a gun to her head. She ran, but they shot at her and captured her. They bound her and took her somewhere. She was raped all night and overhead them talk about where they were going to dump the body. In the morning they put the gun back to her head told her to take them back to her house. She said telling them was what gave her the most shame because her baby was at the house. They got to the house and bound her nanny and infant. They rummaged through her house and even played with her dogs. She said it wasn't the rape that gave her PTSD, it was the shame of bringing them into her home and her baby. Eventually the two men where caught and given multiple life sentences. She said it was the kidnapping more than anything that led to the long sentencing. All of this comes straight from Nana in the podcast. It's called InvestaGates.

Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?

<sbekli$3cr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#60

From: fauxdame...@mailfence.com (Faux Dameron)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:12:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Faux Dameron - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:12 UTC

On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 10:45:01 -0700, FireteamJoker wrote:

> In it she talks about her kidnapping and rape.

This is absolutely terrifying. I had never heard about this but it's not
surprising considering how absolutely terrible it is.

Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?

<168d7f501ed8d9e1$1$2370493$68dd226a@news.thundernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=61&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#61

Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
From: john_cra...@yahoo.com (John Crane)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 18:17:02 -0500
 by: John Crane - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:17 UTC

On 6/27/21 12:45 PM, FireteamJoker wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 14, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Peter Griffiths wrote:
>> I read an interview with Rene Auberjonois (in British mag
>> Starburst) in which he said Nana Visitor was *kidnapped* just
>> before the filming of 'Heart of Stone' in the third season.
>> Does anyone know what happened? I was a bit shocked.
>> Cheers,
>> Peter G.
> Gates McFadden just did a podcast with Nana Visitor. In it she talks about her kidnapping and rape. Someone followed her home and put a gun to her head. She ran, but they shot at her and captured her. They bound her and took her somewhere. She was raped all night and overhead them talk about where they were going to dump the body. In the morning they put the gun back to her head told her to take them back to her house. She said telling them was what gave her the most shame because her baby was at the house. They got to the house and bound her nanny and infant. They rummaged through her house and even played with her dogs. She said it wasn't the rape that gave her PTSD, it was the shame of bringing them into her home and her baby. Eventually the two men where caught and given multiple life sentences. She said it was the kidnapping more than anything that led to the long sentencing. All of this comes straight from Nana in the podcast. It's called InvestaGates.

This is why you take your gun with you.

Also why you have a tiled foyer that is easy to hose down...

As they say in TX... hanging is too good for some folk.

Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?

<e1j2egp7n87o80bbk5l2dunl5bd3mc9uah@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=63&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#63

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 22:52:10 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 05:52 UTC

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:12:34 -0000 (UTC), Faux Dameron
<fauxdameron@mailfence.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 10:45:01 -0700, FireteamJoker wrote:
>
>> In it she talks about her kidnapping and rape.
>
>This is absolutely terrifying. I had never heard about this but it's not
>surprising considering how absolutely terrible it is.

I had not heard this story before but OMG as someone who plays far too
much Star Trek Timelines I have to say she's my favorite actor in the
show canon. Especially her wide variety of holodeck roles.