One big pile is better than two little piles. -- Arlo Guthrie

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

SubjectAuthor
* Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-PrivUbiquitous
`* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-The Horny Goat
 `* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Micky DuPree
  +* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-BTR1701
  |`* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery Inanim8rfsk
  | `* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-BTR1701
  |  +* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortionchromebook test
  |  |`- Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In AbortionmoviePig
  |  `* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery Inanim8rfsk
  |   `* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery InUbiquitous
  |    `- Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery Inanim8rfsk
  +* Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which IRhino
> [...]
  |  `* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Adam H. Kerman
  |   `* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortionsuzeeq
  |    +* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In AbortionAdam H. Kerman
  |    |`* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortionsuzeeq
  |    | `* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In AbortionAdam H. Kerman
  |    |  +* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortionsuzeeq
  |    |  |`- Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In AbortionAdam H. Kerman
  |    |  `- Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery Inanim8rfsk
  |    `* Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Micky DuPree
  |     `- Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Adam H. Kerman
  +- Re: Candace Owens....Rhino
  `- Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Adam H. Kerman

Pages:123
Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion

<tbpk06$pkoo$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148965&group=rec.arts.tv#148965

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 13:49:09 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 20:49 UTC

On 7/26/2022 1:08 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Micky DuPree
>>> suzeeq
>>>
>>> If women - black, white or otherwise - really wanted to demonstrate
>>> agency, they'd insist on using - or having their lovers use - birth
>>> control.
>>
>> Make contraception covered by all insurance plans regardless of employer
>> or any other circumstance, and that would go a long way towards helping
>> this along. But there's more to it than that.
>
> Agreed, the Pill ought to be free to any woman who wants it.
>
>> Half of all unintended pregnancies occur when some form of contraception
>> was being used.
>
> I'm calling bullshit on that. 70% of Black kids are born to unwed mothers
> while the rate for White gals is something like 20%, if the problem was with
> birth control methods, the numbers would be roughly equal.

Yeah, it's not half of them. However, the discrepancy is probably due to
the methods easily available to them.

>> The anti-abortion movement tends to go hand in hand with opposition to
>> sex education and to all forms of contraception except abstinence.
>> Wagging a moralistic finger at women and girls (yet curiously not at the
>> sperm-providers, without whom the pregnancies would be impossible) is
>> missing the forest for the trees.
>
> I disagree. It's the woman who gets pregnant and the woman who decides
> if she's having a baby or not and it'll be the woman who will care for that kid
> for the rest of her life, the worst you can do to the guy is make him pay child
> support.
>
> Birth control is wholly the woman's prerogative and thus wholly her
> responsibility and a sure fire way to drastically cut down on the number
> of unwed moms, is eliminate their ability to soak the father for years
> of child support payments for a kid she decided to have on her own.
>
> As long as abortion and other birth control methods are legal and
> available, the responsibility should be wholly on the mom.
>
>> They're coming for the whole enchilada, not just abortion.
>
> Indeed. Like anti-gun fundies, there's no point where anti-abortion
> fundies will ever say "that’s enough".

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<tbr8vu$2gcog$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149068&group=rec.arts.tv#149068

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In
Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> And one of the least reliable forms of contraception.
>>
>> suzeeq, we're talking about a minor learning curve here. It's not
>> difficult to operate. Mostly, it's throw out the old one sitting in your
>> wallet and take a fresh one, and take a moment to inspect it for damage.
>> Like anything else, you have to use it as intended for it to work
>> reliably.
>>
>> Too stupid to operate one successfully? Then you aren't enough of an
>> adult to have sex.
>
> This is a case where “think of it as evolution in action“ works
> against us as a species.

Ever watch IDIOCRACY?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<1554514356.680633066.275039.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149096&group=rec.arts.tv#149096

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 09:56:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 16:56 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> suzeeq, we're talking about a minor learning curve here. It's not
>>> difficult to operate. Mostly, it's throw out the old one sitting in your
>>> wallet and take a fresh one, and take a moment to inspect it for damage.
>>> Like anything else, you have to use it as intended for it to work
>>> reliably.
>>>
>>> Too stupid to operate one successfully? Then you aren't enough of an
>>> adult to have sex.
>>
>> This is a case where “think of it as evolution in action“ works
>> against us as a species.
>
> Ever watch IDIOCRACY?

No

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<b4ce6ea2-73e6-4a14-b66c-cb1124879973n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149125&group=rec.arts.tv#149125

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:58:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion
Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 19:58 UTC

> anim8rfsk
> > Ubiquitous
> >
> > Ever watch IDIOCRACY?
>
> No

You really should, it's funny as shit.

Here’s the intro scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2tUW0HDHA

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<tbtqi3$3116j$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149222&group=rec.arts.tv#149222

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> This is a case where “think of it as evolution in action“ works
>>> against us as a species.
>>
>> Ever watch IDIOCRACY?
>
>No

Oh, you need to watch it. It's quite funny.
The movie, created by Mike Judge, who also made OFFICE SPACE, BEAVIS &
BUTTHEAD, and KING OF THE HILL, is based on the premiswe that stupid people
reproduce faster than smart ones and follows a very average man who Rip-
VanWinkles himself into the future.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<888126989.680702917.849991.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149230&group=rec.arts.tv#149230

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 05:59:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:59 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Ever watch IDIOCRACY?
>>
>> No
>
> Oh, you need to watch it. It's quite funny.
> The movie, created by Mike Judge, who also made OFFICE SPACE, BEAVIS &
> BUTTHEAD, and KING OF THE HILL, is based on the premiswe that stupid people
> reproduce faster than smart ones and follows a very average man who Rip-
> VanWinkles himself into the future.

It has Luke Wilson in it. I don’t watch anything with Luke Wilson in it.

It has Dax Shepard in it. I don’t watch anything with Dax Shepard in it.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'H

<tcv6tp$v6q$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151425&group=rec.arts.tv#151425

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'H
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 02:59:05 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 02:59 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

> On 7/25/2022 10:57 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>> In article <tbnu4p$skm$1@pcls7.std.com>,
>> MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree) wrote:

>>> Make contraception covered by all insurance plans regardless of
>>> employer or any other circumstance, and that would go a long way
>>> towards helping this along.
>>
>> Oh, for gawd's sake. A pack of condoms is hardly a major expenditure.
>
> And one of the least reliable forms of contraception.

You have to rely on the guys' willingness to use them, and then you also
have to be able to rely on the man not to "stealth" remove it during
sex. But if you're serious about reducing the number of abortions, you
remove the easy obstacles first.

-Micky

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'H

<0KecnV2dutKtuG7_nZ2dnZfqnPhQAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151428&group=rec.arts.tv#151428

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:25:36 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:25 UTC

Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:
>
>> On 7/25/2022 10:57 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Oh, for gawd's sake. A pack of condoms is hardly a major expenditure.
>>
>> And one of the least reliable forms of contraception.
>
> You have to rely on the guys' willingness to use them

How exactly does that work, DuPree?

She tells him he has to use a condom if he wants to have sex with her and
he says no, I don't wanna, and she just shrugs and says, well, I tried and
goes ahead and does it with him anyway?

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion

<tcvae9$v6q$3@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151429&group=rec.arts.tv#151429

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:59:05 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:59 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

> On 7/26/2022 1:08 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:

>> Micky DuPree

>>> Half of all unintended pregnancies occur when some form of
>>> contraception was being used.
>>
>> I'm calling bullshit on that. 70% of Black kids are born to unwed
>> mothers while the rate for White gals is something like 20%, if the
>> problem was with birth control methods, the numbers would be roughly
>> equal.

You're assuming that the pregnancies of all unwed mothers are unintended
or unwanted, and that all unwed mothers are also single mothers. That's
a more complicated issue to unravel than just contraception. A lot of
couples (more black than white, but it's a generational issue as well,
as it's more common in the younger generations of both races) are both
unwed but also living and raising their children together.

> Yeah, it's not half of them. However, the discrepancy is probably due
> to the methods easily available to them.

I actually used a pro-life report that was quoting the more venerable
Guttmacher Institute (but which did not link to the report in question):

<https://www.lifenews.com/2011/01/11/report-shows-contraception-failure-54-used-before-abortion/>

"Report Shows Contraception Failure, 54% Used Before Abortion"

"The Guttmacher report shows '54 percent of women who have
abortions had used a contraceptive method *usually condom or
the pill) during the month they became pregnant.' These figures
are similar to those of a report in Spain showing abortions
doubling despite increased family planning promotion."

They're trying to use the statistic to prove something it doesn't, which
is that it's therefore pointless to promote contraception as a means of
circumventing abortion.

>>> The anti-abortion movement tends to go hand in hand with opposition
>>> to sex education and to all forms of contraception except
>>> abstinence. Wagging a moralistic finger at women and girls (yet
>>> curiously not at the sperm-providers, without whom the pregnancies
>>> would be impossible) is missing the forest for the trees.
>>
>> I disagree. It's the woman who gets pregnant and the woman who
>> decides if she's having a baby or not and it'll be the woman who will
>> care for that kid for the rest of her life, the worst you can do to
>> the guy is make him pay child support.
>>
>> Birth control is wholly the woman's prerogative and thus wholly her
>> responsibility and a sure fire way to drastically cut down on the
>> number of unwed moms, is eliminate their ability to soak the father
>> for years of child support payments for a kid she decided to have on
>> her own.
>>
>> As long as abortion and other birth control methods are legal and
>> available, the responsibility should be wholly on the mom.

A lot of energy is being poured into telling women and girls that they
can simply abstain from sex if they don't want to have children. That
option is entirely open to the male as well, yet it's almost never
invoked, as if it's wholly unthinkable to tell a male to abstain from
unprotected sex, even if doing so might lead to -- oh no! -- an
abortion.

>>> They're coming for the whole enchilada, not just abortion.
>>
>> Indeed. Like anti-gun fundies, there's no point where anti-abortion
>> fundies will ever say "that’s enough".

That's why I think it's partly misdirection for people to get all
stirred up about blaming women and girls for getting pregnant when they
could have used contraception. The same people behind the abortion bans
are coming for contraception and sex education too.

-Micky

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion

<qld6fh9kv29r7pj5i1nlvvt168pp88osk4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151435&group=rec.arts.tv#151435

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 21:42:18 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 04:42 UTC

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:59:05 +0000 (UTC),
MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree) wrote:

>That's why I think it's partly misdirection for people to get all
>stirred up about blaming women and girls for getting pregnant when they
>could have used contraception. The same people behind the abortion bans
>are coming for contraception and sex education too.

Perhaps - though I've said before that better contraception education
could go a long way to reducing the rate. Don't get me wrong -
nothing's foolproof but after we had our 3 kids I did the deed and
never subsequently used a condom. But at that point we both were sure
that having had 3 kids we weren't contemplating 4.

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'H

<pqd6fhp6pf3nvhs1mcmkmc5rclgo10j96v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151436&group=rec.arts.tv#151436

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 21:46:54 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 04:46 UTC

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:25:36 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>How exactly does that work, DuPree?
>
>She tells him he has to use a condom if he wants to have sex with her and
>he says no, I don't wanna, and she just shrugs and says, well, I tried and
>goes ahead and does it with him anyway?

Or there's the Canadian legal case where the guy knowing how she felt
about condoms got out a fine needle and sabotaged them.....

I'm not sure about the recent Canadian legal decision that would allow
separate permissions or non-permissions for sex depending on birth
control method since if she insists on a condom and it comes off (she
says "accidentally on purpose" he says "accidentally") the new
decision would allow a plea of non-consensual sex.

I mean how the heck do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt whether the
condom came off accidentally or otherwise? Since there are only two
witnesses (usually) you quickly get into "he said she said"

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion

<tcvdtl$im28$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151440&group=rec.arts.tv#151440

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 21:58:28 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 04:58 UTC

On 8/9/2022 9:42 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:59:05 +0000 (UTC),
> MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree) wrote:
>
>> That's why I think it's partly misdirection for people to get all
>> stirred up about blaming women and girls for getting pregnant when they
>> could have used contraception. The same people behind the abortion bans
>> are coming for contraception and sex education too.
>
> Perhaps - though I've said before that better contraception education
> could go a long way to reducing the rate. Don't get me wrong -
> nothing's foolproof but after we had our 3 kids I did the deed and
> never subsequently used a condom. But at that point we both were sure
> that having had 3 kids we weren't contemplating 4.

The people against abortion are also against all forms of contraception
as well as sex ed. And they're getting elected to school boards all over
the country.

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'H

<1709ee7df54ab0bd$4$1775478$c0d58a68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151463&group=rec.arts.tv#151463

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:27:16 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:27 UTC

On 8/9/2022 10:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>>> And one of the least reliable forms of contraception.
>>
>> You have to rely on the guys' willingness to use them
>
> How exactly does that work, DuPree?
>
> She tells him he has to use a condom if he wants to have sex with her and
> he says no, I don't wanna, and she just shrugs and says, well, I tried and
> goes ahead and does it with him anyway?

I find it worse when chick tell me to use an I.U.D.

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion

<1709ee7e10b66f3d$2$1775478$c0d58a68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151464&group=rec.arts.tv#151464

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:29:07 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:29 UTC

On 8/9/2022 10:59 PM, Micky DuPree wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:
>
>> On 7/26/2022 1:08 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>
>>> Micky DuPree

>>> I'm calling bullshit on that. 70% of Black kids are born to unwed
>>> mothers while the rate for White gals is something like 20%, if the
>>> problem was with birth control methods, the numbers would be roughly
>>> equal.
>
> You're assuming that the pregnancies of all unwed mothers are unintended
> or unwanted,

How the hell is being married any kind of dividing line? What is this,
the 1950s?

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td0483$1qne8$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151484&group=rec.arts.tv#151484

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 04:30:44 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:
> Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com> wrote:
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>>> And one of the least reliable forms of contraception.
>>
>> You have to rely on the guys' willingness to use them
>
>How exactly does that work, DuPree?
>
>She tells him he has to use a condom if he wants to have sex with her and
>he says no, I don't wanna, and she just shrugs and says, well, I tried and
>goes ahead and does it with him anyway?

Didn't someone invent condoms for females at some point in the past?

P.S.

Is there a reason you all are using this corrupted subject header?

(which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because
America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single
parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion
Rant: 'H

[Subject header fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion

<025d0d1f-45cb-4f7d-92c0-5ec4dd287b88n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151561&group=rec.arts.tv#151561

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 15:08:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 22:08 UTC

> Micky DuPree
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > I'm calling bullshit on that. 70% of Black kids are born to unwed
> > mothers while the rate for White gals is something like 20%, if the
> > problem was with birth control methods, the numbers would be roughly
> > equal.
>
> You're assuming that the pregnancies of all unwed mothers are unintended
> or unwanted, and that all unwed mothers are also single mothers.

I’m just pointing out there are a shitload of single moms in the U.S.
and that single moms tend to make for disastrous parents, yet our child
support laws encourage this and our media celebrates single motherhood.

This isn’t because birth control methods are defective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_parents_in_the_United_States

“A 2019 study from Pew Research Center has shown that the United States
has the world's highest rate of children living in single-parent households..[12]

In the United States, 80% of single parents are mothers.[13][14] Among this
percentage of single mothers: 45% of single mothers are currently divorced
or separated, 1.7% are widowed, 34% of single mothers never have been
married.[15][16]”

https://i.postimg.cc/t46QNhVS/Unwed-Mothers.png
https://i.postimg.cc/MZB7xHVk/Single-Moms.png

Re: Candace O> ,>> Even if that were demonstrably true (which I question) would that mean,>> stable family units? Because America really DOESN'T need 10 million,>> more kids from single parent momswens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'H

<td223v$23fsn$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151595&group=rec.arts.tv#151595

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:55:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:55 UTC

Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>>>Oh, for gawd's sake. A pack of condoms is hardly a major expenditure.

>>And one of the least reliable forms of contraception.

>You have to rely on the guys' willingness to use them, and then you also
>have to be able to rely on the man not to "stealth" remove it during
>sex. But if you're serious about reducing the number of abortions, you
>remove the easy obstacles first.

What, make it illegal to have sex whilst stupid? It doesn't work like
that.

If the woman doesn't wish to get pregnant, then it's her responsibility
to make sure some form of contraception is being used. Yes, that's a
double standard. Pregnancy is the ultimate double standard given that
she's the one who might get knocked up and he isn't.

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td22u6$23fsn$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151596&group=rec.arts.tv#151596

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 05:09:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 05:09 UTC

I had to restore the title of the original article on Subject. A
paragraph from the article got pasted onto Subject. My newsreader balked
on posting.

Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>>>Oh, for gawd's sake. A pack of condoms is hardly a major expenditure.

>>And one of the least reliable forms of contraception.

>You have to rely on the guys' willingness to use them, and then you also
>have to be able to rely on the man not to "stealth" remove it during
>sex. But if you're serious about reducing the number of abortions, you
>remove the easy obstacles first.

What, make it illegal to have sex whilst stupid? It doesn't work like
that.

If the woman doesn't wish to get pregnant, then it's her responsibility to
make sure some form of contraception is being used and the contraceptive is
used correctly. Yes, that's a double standard. Pregnancy is the ultimate
double standard given that she's the one who might get knocked up and
he isn't.

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td23oj$23fsn$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151597&group=rec.arts.tv#151597

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 05:23:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 05:23 UTC

Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:

>>>. . .

Micky's usual annoying practice of piggybacking in followup on one
person's article to address another person Micky pretends to have kill
filed

>Make contraception covered by all insurance plans regardless of employer
>or any other circumstance, and that would go a long way towards helping
>this along. But there's more to it than that.

>The high incarceration rate of young black males significantly lowers
>the male-to-female ratio in some black neighborhoods, which gives a
>disproportionate amount of power to dictate the terms of sexual
>engagement to the males who are left. Is it really a wise social
>situation to give older teen to younger twenty-something males an
>outsized say in the use of condoms?

Oh for fuck's sake (appropriate given what we are discussing). Use of
contraception is ALWAYS up to the woman! She's the one who might get
pregnant, not him!

He refuses to wear a condom? No sex.

>>>. . .

>This is based on a survey in _Jet_ magazine or something?

>Half of all unintended pregnancies occur when some form of contraception
>was being used.

Not when the condom is used CORRECTLY, like throw out the really really
old ones. It's actually a successful form of birth control.

Seriously. If the two would-be lovers are too stupid to operate a condom
correctly, don't have sex.

Did you read the article? It actually says this:

There are many reasons that getting pregnant on birth control is
possible. The main reason is user error.

Like anything else, birth control must be used correctly to be
effective.

>Would the number go down if the other half were using
>contraception as well? Sure, but the idea that the total number would
>be "negligible" if everyone were using contraception during sex is just
>based on some misconception about what's really going on.

The article doesn't state failure rate of properly-used birth
control but it sure as hell isn't half.

>https://www.verywellhealth.com/did-my-birth-control-fail-906653

>. . .

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td2vc8$kq6s$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151628&group=rec.arts.tv#151628

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:14:43 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:14 UTC

On 8/10/2022 10:23 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Micky's usual annoying practice of piggybacking in followup on one
> person's article to address another person Micky pretends to have kill
> filed
>
>> Make contraception covered by all insurance plans regardless of employer
>> or any other circumstance, and that would go a long way towards helping
>> this along. But there's more to it than that.
>
>> The high incarceration rate of young black males significantly lowers
>> the male-to-female ratio in some black neighborhoods, which gives a
>> disproportionate amount of power to dictate the terms of sexual
>> engagement to the males who are left. Is it really a wise social
>> situation to give older teen to younger twenty-something males an
>> outsized say in the use of condoms?
>
> Oh for fuck's sake (appropriate given what we are discussing). Use of
> contraception is ALWAYS up to the woman! She's the one who might get
> pregnant, not him!
>
> He refuses to wear a condom? No sex.

>> This is based on a survey in _Jet_ magazine or something?
>
>> Half of all unintended pregnancies occur when some form of contraception
>> was being used.
>
> Not when the condom is used CORRECTLY, like throw out the really really
> old ones. It's actually a successful form of birth control.
>
> Seriously. If the two would-be lovers are too stupid to operate a condom
> correctly, don't have sex.
>
> Did you read the article? It actually says this:
>
> There are many reasons that getting pregnant on birth control is
> possible. The main reason is user error.
>
> Like anything else, birth control must be used correctly to be
> effective.
>
>> Would the number go down if the other half were using
>> contraception as well? Sure, but the idea that the total number would
>> be "negligible" if everyone were using contraception during sex is just
>> based on some misconception about what's really going on.
>
> The article doesn't state failure rate of properly-used birth
> control but it sure as hell isn't half.
>
>> https://www.verywellhealth.com/did-my-birth-control-fail-906653

I read a forum post from a women who had 3 children. One by using a
condom, one by using the pill, and one by using an IUD. Finally, she
either got her tubes tied or her husband got a vasectomy. Sometimes it's
not just user error.

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td30s0$2657s$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151633&group=rec.arts.tv#151633

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:40:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:40 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>Micky's usual annoying practice of piggybacking in followup on one
>>person's article to address another person Micky pretends to have kill
>>filed

>>>Make contraception covered by all insurance plans regardless of employer
>>>or any other circumstance, and that would go a long way towards helping
>>>this along. But there's more to it than that.

>>>The high incarceration rate of young black males significantly lowers
>>>the male-to-female ratio in some black neighborhoods, which gives a
>>>disproportionate amount of power to dictate the terms of sexual
>>>engagement to the males who are left. Is it really a wise social
>>>situation to give older teen to younger twenty-something males an
>>>outsized say in the use of condoms?

>>Oh for fuck's sake (appropriate given what we are discussing). Use of
>>contraception is ALWAYS up to the woman! She's the one who might get
>>pregnant, not him!

>>He refuses to wear a condom? No sex.

>>>This is based on a survey in _Jet_ magazine or something?

>>>Half of all unintended pregnancies occur when some form of contraception
>>>was being used.

>>Not when the condom is used CORRECTLY, like throw out the really really
>>old ones. It's actually a successful form of birth control.

>>Seriously. If the two would-be lovers are too stupid to operate a condom
>>correctly, don't have sex.

>>Did you read the article? It actually says this:

>> There are many reasons that getting pregnant on birth control is
>> possible. The main reason is user error.

>>Like anything else, birth control must be used correctly to be
>>effective.

>>>Would the number go down if the other half were using
>>>contraception as well? Sure, but the idea that the total number would
>>>be "negligible" if everyone were using contraception during sex is just
>>>based on some misconception about what's really going on.

>>The article doesn't state failure rate of properly-used birth
>>control but it sure as hell isn't half.

>>>https://www.verywellhealth.com/did-my-birth-control-fail-906653

>I read a forum post from a women who had 3 children. One by using a
>condom, one by using the pill, and one by using an IUD. Finally, she
>either got her tubes tied or her husband got a vasectomy. Sometimes it's
>not just user error.

I'm not buying the woman's claims, suzeeq. Was it a reasonably fresh
condom, the right size for him, and was he wearing it correctly? Was
she taking the Pill as directed? A woman actually has to take it on a
precise schedule based o the cycle of her periods for it to be effective,
and she still has to wait several weeks after starting the Pill to have
sex so that the medicine stablizes her hormones. An IUD can slip out. It
has to be in place to function.

Three unintended pregnancies? Three? All with birth control methods that
were used as directed? Unbelieveable.

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td32de$ks7t$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151636&group=rec.arts.tv#151636

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 07:06:37 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:06 UTC

On 8/11/2022 6:40 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Micky's usual annoying practice of piggybacking in followup on one
>>> person's article to address another person Micky pretends to have kill
>>> filed

>>> Oh for fuck's sake (appropriate given what we are discussing). Use of
>>> contraception is ALWAYS up to the woman! She's the one who might get
>>> pregnant, not him!
>
>>> He refuses to wear a condom? No sex.

>>> Not when the condom is used CORRECTLY, like throw out the really really
>>> old ones. It's actually a successful form of birth control.
>
>>> Seriously. If the two would-be lovers are too stupid to operate a condom
>>> correctly, don't have sex.
>
>>> Did you read the article? It actually says this:
>
>>> There are many reasons that getting pregnant on birth control is
>>> possible. The main reason is user error.
>
>>> Like anything else, birth control must be used correctly to be
>>> effective.

>>> The article doesn't state failure rate of properly-used birth
>>> control but it sure as hell isn't half.

>> I read a forum post from a women who had 3 children. One by using a
>> condom, one by using the pill, and one by using an IUD. Finally, she
>> either got her tubes tied or her husband got a vasectomy. Sometimes it's
>> not just user error.
>
> I'm not buying the woman's claims, suzeeq. Was it a reasonably fresh

She's a reputable regular poster.

> condom, the right size for him, and was he wearing it correctly? Was
> she taking the Pill as directed? A woman actually has to take it on a
> precise schedule based o the cycle of her periods for it to be effective,
> and she still has to wait several weeks after starting the Pill to have
> sex so that the medicine stablizes her hormones. An IUD can slip out. It
> has to be in place to function.
>
> Three unintended pregnancies? Three? All with birth control methods that
> were used as directed? Unbelieveable.
> It does happen.

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td38em$273tq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151653&group=rec.arts.tv#151653

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 15:49:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 15:49 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 8/11/2022 6:40 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> I read a forum post from a women who had 3 children. One by using a
>>> condom, one by using the pill, and one by using an IUD. Finally, she
>>> either got her tubes tied or her husband got a vasectomy. Sometimes it's
>>> not just user error.
>>
>> I'm not buying the woman's claims, suzeeq. Was it a reasonably fresh
>
>She's a reputable regular poster.

She's one of anim's ex's.

>> condom, the right size for him, and was he wearing it correctly? Was
>> she taking the Pill as directed? A woman actually has to take it on a
>> precise schedule based o the cycle of her periods for it to be effective,
>> and she still has to wait several weeks after starting the Pill to have
>> sex so that the medicine stablizes her hormones. An IUD can slip out. It
>> has to be in place to function.
>>
>> Three unintended pregnancies? Three? All with birth control methods that
>> were used as directed? Unbelieveable.
>> It does happen.

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td3a16$l1e4$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151658&group=rec.arts.tv#151658

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 09:16:35 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:16 UTC

On 8/11/2022 8:49 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> I'm not buying the woman's claims, suzeeq. Was it a reasonably fresh
>>
>> She's a reputable regular poster.
>
> She's one of anim's ex's.

Heh, I doubt it.

Anyway, no method is 100% reliable. The pill is 99% effective when used
perfectly, though an IUD or implant has near complete effectiveness. So
at least 1 out of 100 women is going to become pregnant.

>>> condom, the right size for him, and was he wearing it correctly? Was
>>> she taking the Pill as directed? A woman actually has to take it on a
>>> precise schedule based o the cycle of her periods for it to be effective,
>>> and she still has to wait several weeks after starting the Pill to have
>>> sex so that the medicine stablizes her hormones. An IUD can slip out. It
>>> has to be in place to function.
>>>
>>> Three unintended pregnancies? Three? All with birth control methods that
>>> were used as directed? Unbelieveable.
>>> It does happen.

Re: Candace Owens Grills Amy Schumer For Using Slavery In Abortion Rant: 'Hyper-Privileged Liberals Want Black People To Protest On Their Behalf'

<td3e7q$27n4s$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151668&group=rec.arts.tv#151668

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 17:28:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 17:28 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 8/11/2022 8:49 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> She's a reputable regular poster.
>>
>> She's one of anim's ex's.
>
>Heh, I doubt it.
>
>Anyway, no method is 100% reliable. The pill is 99% effective when used
>perfectly, though an IUD or implant has near complete effectiveness. So
>at least 1 out of 100 women is going to become pregnant.

Of course nothing is perfect. With any method of birth control used as
intended, there is always a slight chance of pregnancy.

But the odds of THREE unintended pregnancies from entirely proper use
of different forms of birth control are so miniscule, the woman has
no credibility.