Nobody knows the trouble I've been.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Is Ford going woke?Rhino2
+* Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?moviePig
|+* Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?BTR1701
||+* Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?moviePig
|||+* Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?Rhino2
|||+- Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?trotsky
|||`* Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?BTR1701
||| +- Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?Adam H. Kerman
||| `- Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?Ubiquitous
||`- Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?Ubiquitous
|`- Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?Ubiquitous
+* Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?super70s
|`- Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?Ubiquitous
`- Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?Ubiquitous

Pages:12
Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?

<u4l6ko$dm60$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187258&group=rec.arts.tv#187258

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 07:23:18 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 24 May 2023 14:23 UTC

On 5/23/2023 11:43 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> They don't. Nexstar isn't affiliated with a television studio. Nancy
>>> Drew was shoved down its throat. At time it was renewed, that it was
>>> produced by CBS Studios gave it an advantage in renewal negotiations,
>>> but that's not the case any longer. I've never read that it's found an
>>> audience on streaming but we no it hadn't when renewew.
>
>> Our best guess was that the CW was making nice so that they could launch
>> their TOM SWIFT series, which they proudly proclaimed as the most explicit
>> gay black sex ever put on network television.
>
> There was no room to put the actual Tom Swift character in, let alone
> entertainment, from what I've read about it. I saw is Nancy Drew
> episodes; lousy character. I W/Qed his series.
>
>>> Nexstar seemed to want CW's daytime affiliates for the deal it made for
>>> golf. I have no idea what they see as profitable in prime time.
>
>> They are running ads for another season of NANCY DREW right now. I don't
>> recognize anyone in them and they’re all kids running around fighting
>> monsters.
>
>> It's a complete puzzlement. The only thing they could want out of the
>> rights holders at this point is the HARDY BOYS, and somebody else has them.
>
> I'm sure it won't resemble the Hardy Boys either.

The Hardy Boys resemble the books much more than Tom Swift did. They've
already aired two seasons. Or maybe it was one, split in two.

Re: [OT] Is Ford going woke?

<622774180.706622792.286636.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187261&group=rec.arts.tv#187261

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 07:27:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 May 2023 14:27 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> They don't. Nexstar isn't affiliated with a television studio. Nancy
>>> Drew was shoved down its throat. At time it was renewed, that it was
>>> produced by CBS Studios gave it an advantage in renewal negotiations,
>>> but that's not the case any longer. I've never read that it's found an
>>> audience on streaming but we no it hadn't when renewew.
>
>> Our best guess was that the CW was making nice so that they could launch
>> their TOM SWIFT series, which they proudly proclaimed as the most explicit
>> gay black sex ever put on network television.
>
> There was no room to put the actual Tom Swift character in, let alone
> entertainment, from what I've read about it. I saw is Nancy Drew
> episodes; lousy character. I W/Qed his series.

Good call. I bailed about episode three and just came back for the finale.
It was incredibly dire.

>>> Nexstar seemed to want CW's daytime affiliates for the deal it made for
>>> golf. I have no idea what they see as profitable in prime time.
>
>> They are running ads for another season of NANCY DREW right now. I don't
>> recognize anyone in them and they’re all kids running around fighting
>> monsters.
>
>> It's a complete puzzlement. The only thing they could want out of the
>> rights holders at this point is the HARDY BOYS, and somebody else has them.
>
> I'm sure it won't resemble the Hardy Boys either.

The Hardy boys is on the Hulu. Two seasons so far. It started out pretty
close, but with annoying mistakes that showed they really didn’t care like
having people be from the wrong city (Nancy Drew did the same thing). But
it almost immediately went supernatural. The Hardy boys only fought humans.