From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #198: Beige Midnight Part Thirty-Four
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 21:11:10 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20161025;
h=x-gm-message-state:path:newsgroups:date:injection-info
:nntp-posting-host:user-agent:mime-version:message-id:subject:from
:injection-date:to;
bh=lrgQkYDLreJOtweF7l2QpgxSSJFN32puPOue5Kuc2tU=;
b=eYJU2JZq1YL0AG9zltBRKHfFtg+MMZISeATcfJ+Vr3jjqrd1J5VtCkpsWBCStnp14R
EwLEXUN2h5+ghTrX5mxF5tDLB3+A1uUAK+Mlg4asWUpth6Y5MwdU9IePJC9UkknDvd2Z
m/oBIedoDVHWZZDGydyze08hxTE8zhhik+7FIa2I0zN4TV8T0Uz4zVTy5dYH8SJrnwZE
8He0S+lRlde6WYwFx4ssUapbo10E9dddB0xWAqG9lgYef5v6SFz+Mnfzr9AtW0pW0kcK
38CWeW5Sx1UFbgP5qQy6bfUo2V3KdaKSO+abD9TrwOp3c1/ZFuyJtuJ4YXEE//kqUWrB
k3+A==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 2 May 2021 21:11 UTC

You can sift through the racc list archive
https://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/racc/
or you can try google groups racc for the thirty fourth part of Beige
Midnight.

Here's the first third of issue #11 -- The Week Before the End by me
(Arthur Spitzer). The LNH have defeated Hex Luthor, Bart the Dark
Receptionist, and Mynabird -- but can they stop the Ultimate Killing Duo of
Dekay and Diskolor -- THE BRYTTLE BROTHERS?! And what exactly did Occultism
Kid do to the Looniverse last issue? And will even Dr. Stomper be able to
explain it in a satisfactory manner?! And is the Four Color Kid happy to see us
or is that just a large swarm of locusts and flies in his pocket?!!!

Find out some of that in...

_
| | Classic
| | =
| | ____ ____ _ ____ ___
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

ADVENTURES #198

=====================
Beige Midnight Part Thirty-Four
=====================

Date: Wed Sep 19 12:26:56 PDT 2012

[Cover: A 2008 Day to Day Calendar hangs on a wall. The pages of April
22nd to April 27th are blowing away. Each page depicts various events
such as Occultism Kid feeding birds, The Ultimate Ninja fighting a Ninja
T-Rex, Tara Shreds (Ripping Dancer) looking in a mirror, Toony Stork
(Irony Man) with a five o'clock shadow and blood shot eyes drinking tiny
bottles of liquor, LNH'rs throwing a wedding, and a Space.Thingee flying
into the LNHQ Hangar Bay. April 28th mostly torn away dangles from the
calendar and depicts a number of LNH'rs having a toga party. Underneath
it can be seen April 29th showing the words -- 'THE END' with the Dekay
and Diskolor within the words waking up. At the bottom reads the text,
'The Week Before the End'.]

**** <<--BM-->> ****

The place -- The Front Lawn of the LNHHQ

The time --

B E I G E

M I D N I G H T

The number -- E L E V E N

The Writer -- Arthur Spitzer

**** <<--BM-->> ****

Monday the 21st of April, 2008 --
The LNHHQ, Net.ropolis, USA --

The Ultimate Ninja looked at Occultism Kid who was still saying the
word, 'Split' over and over again. He turned his head towards Dr.
Stomper and said, "Doctor, do something. Make him coherent." And he
moved his attention towards the tree that had started to grow in the
middle of the LNHHQ's front lawn.

He saw hundreds of apples begin to fall off the tree. And as the apples
splatted onto the ground, things began to crawl out. Maggots, flies,
beetles, locusts, and other creepy crawly things. And they began to
merge together into a human shape. And the shape began to change into
something that looked like a superhero. Like someone they used to know.

Most of the LNH'rs began to back away. The braver ones stood there
ground. But only three LNH'rs moved closer to the insect monstrosity:
Ultimate Ninja, Fearless Leader, and Catalyst Lass.

"Why so silent, LNH?" said the monstrosity as it began to move its
mouth. "Aren't you going to welcome me back? Your good old pal -- The
Four Color Kid? I'm beginning to think you didn't miss me."

"4-Color Kid?" said the Ultimate Ninja musing on how to kill it.

"It's not him -- it's some servant of the Bryttles," said Fearless
Leader. "Some demon creature."

"For shame, Felix," said the Creepy Crawly Being shifting its attention
towards Fearless Leader. "After all those late-night chats we had, I
thought you knew me better than that. Of course you told all your LNH
buddies about me, right? About how I was coming back? You told them
that, didn't you? You didn't keep me a secret?"

The Ultimate Ninja turned his head. "What's he talking about, FL?"

"It's nothing. They were dreams -- nightmares. I didn't want to waste
your time. It doesn't matter. He's not the 4-Color Kid."

The Insect Beast picked one of the rotten apples off of the ground and
began to chew on it. "I'm not? Are you sure about that? Oh well, if
you're talking about that idiot who died saving the Looniverse back
during Beige Noon -- well, then technically you'd be right. I'm not
that guy. But I am -- one of the Four Color Kids. That's right --
there were more than one.

"Haven't you always wondered about that time the Four Color Kid was
killed by former LNH butler -- Graves [See Verticle Plain #5 -- Footnote
Girl] many months after he died saving the Looniverse? No? Well, I'll
ruin that mystery for you anyways. You see it all began on April 4th,
1934. There was this poor girl who died in child birth -- Florina
Cathaline Kirby was her name. And she gave birth to four boys -- and
these four identical babies were each sent to a different part of the
Loonited States -- to four different orphanages. The luckiest one was
sent to a Net.ropolis orphanage and was adopted by a wealthy
philanthropist who also turned out to secretly be the masked avenger
known as -- Captain All-For-A-Dime. Of course it was only a matter of
time before my brother became the side kick known as the 4-Color Kid as
well as part of Boy Lad Jr's sidekick team known as the Li'l Nett'rs --
and eventually a full fledged member of the Classic Squad.

"The second Four Color Kid was sent to an orphanage on the west coast
where he was adopted by a more middle class family. He, however, also
had that thirst for the hero life and began his own career during the
50s as the Four Color Kid. He never achieved the fame of his more well
known sibling -- and after he had heard about the death of his brother
he made his way to Net.ropolis -- perhaps in hopes of replacing him.
Having his big come back. But that never happened. After a traffic
accident, he spent the remaining moments of his life in a Net.ropolis
hospital -- where he was killed by the supervillain and ex-LNH butler
Graves. And there were two...

"The third was sent to an orphanage up north. Really, it doesn't matter
where. He was never adopted. And eventually he ran away. To join the
circus -- well that never happened. He wound up in jail for stealing an
apple from a stand. It was a group of cultists -- worshippers of the
Bryttles that wound up freeing him -- and they offered him a deal. And
it was a very good deal. He would get a nice paying job ($44,444 a
year, which was a lot back then) for the rest of his life. And it was
an easy job. He only had to do one thing. And one thing only. Just
not be a hero. That's all he had to do. Not be a hero. And for that
he got a very nice salary. And for four years, he lived the good life.
Alas, he had some tax problems and had to go to jail -- where he lived
till he turned 44 -- which was also the year he died. And it turned out
that there was some fine print in his contract that stated he would
serve the Bryttles even after death. For the rest of his afterlife.
And that's what happened to the third brother.

"And the fourth? Well, who knows whatever happened to him. And that's
the story -- the story of the Four 4-Color Quadruplets. Enjoy it?"

"That's a sad story," said Catalyst Lass as she began focusing her
powers on the Four Color Kid. "But you know you don't have to serve
them forever, don't you? You could break the contract. You could help
us -- help us fight them. You could finally be free. You could be -- a
hero. It's not too late."

"Rebel against them?" The Four Color Kid let out a laugh and then
paused as if to consider it. "No. You don't have a chance. You are
way out of your league. I don't think you really understand how much
more powerful the Bryttles are compared to you. If you were a gnat
battling a space beast that devoured whole galaxies -- you'd stand a
better chance. No, I'll stick with the Bryttles and watch as they
easily tear you apart.

"Anyways, I didn't come here to be saved -- or find redemption. I came
here to tell you what's going to happen. Here's the plan: First, you
have a week and some hours to prepare for your demise. The Bryttles
won't wake up till Midnight on April the 29th, but don't worry -- they
won't actually start attacking you till noon -- so please feel free to
have some breakfast and brunch before you die. At noon they will start
killing you -- and I do recommend that it would be a good idea to die
within the first two hours. The first couple of hours will be the easy
deaths -- I won't say that they won't be painful -- they will -- but
they'll be rather quick. After the first couple of hours though will
come the long painful deaths. Try to imagine all of the horrible things
people can do to each other. Rape with jagged glass, eyes being gouged
with red hot pokers, fingernails being pulled out, having your skin
peeled away, being put in a microwave -- you think those things are
horrible -- you don't know what real horror is -- but you'll find out if
you manage to survive the first couple of hours." The Four Color Kid
laughed. "And the killing will keep on going till the last second
before Midnight when they will kill the last one of you. And that's the
plan. My advice: The morning before the Bryttles attack -- I think you
should all commit suicide. Maybe have one of those Jim Jones kool-aid
parties right before the Bryttles begin their slaughter. That's the
smartest thing you can do. Well, that's my advice.

Click here to read the complete article