Subject: [NEWS] "Star Trek: Prodigy" - Kate Mulgrew returns (animated series)
From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.animation, rec.arts.startrek.current, alt.tv.star-trek.voyager
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 19:51 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.animation, rec.arts.startrek.current, alt.tv.star-trek.voyager
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 08:51:05 +1300

From ComingSoon.net ...

   Star Trek: Prodigy:
   Kate Mulgrew Returns as Captain Janeway in Nickelodeon's Animated Series
   During Star Trek Universe's virtual panel at New York Comic Con, creator
   Alex Kurtzman has announced that Star Trek: Voyager alum Kate Mulgrew
   will officially be joining Nickelodeon and CBS Studios' upcoming
   animated series Star Trek: Prodigy to reprise her iconic role as
   Captain Kathryn Janeway. Featuring Mulgrew as she shares her excitement
   for the project, you can check out the full announcement video in
   player below!

   Announcement Video:  (5mins 46secs)
   https://youtu.be/nPZsYTddCp4

   "I have invested every scintilla of my being in Captain Janeway, and
   I can't wait to endow her with nuance that I never did before in Star
   Trek: Prodigy," Mulgrew said. "How thrilling to be able to introduce
   to these young minds an idea that has elevated the world for decades.
   To be at the helm again is going to be deeply gratifying in a new way
   for me."

   Kurtzman added, "Captain Janeway was held to a different standard than
   her predecessors. She was asked to embody an inhuman level of
   perfection in order to be accepted as 'good enough' by the doubters,
   but showed them all what it means to be truly outstanding. We can
   think of no better captain to inspire the next generation of dreamers
   on Nickelodeon, than she."

   The Golden Globe-nominated actress' Captain Janeway was the central
   character for Star Trek: Voyager which ran for seven seasons from
   1995-2006. She was also the only female captain to lead a Star Trek
   series.

   Star Trek: Prodigy will follow a group of lawless teenagers who
   discover a derelict Starfleet ship and take it on adventures while
   searching for meaning and salvation in the universe. The CG-animated
   series is expected to make its debut in 2021. The series is being
   developed by Emmy winners Dan and Kevin Hageman (Scary Stories To
   Tell in the Dark). The project is overseen by Ramsey Naito, and was
   first announced in April 2019.

   Prodigy comes from CBS' Eye Animation Productions, CBS Television
   Studios' new animation arm, plus Secret Hideout; and Roddenberry
   Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin will serve as EPs will
   Katie Krentz, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth and the Hageman siblings.
   Aaron Baiers will serve as a co-executive producer.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1151260-star-trek-prodigy-kate-mulgrew-returns-as-captain-janeway

From: The Horny Goat
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 04:57 UTC
From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 21:57:45 -0700
View all headers
On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 08:51:05 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

  "I have invested every scintilla of my being in Captain Janeway, and
  I can't wait to endow her with nuance that I never did before in Star
  Trek: Prodigy,"

Oh give me a break - this wasn't Mulgrew's first TV role nor her last.

Nor in my opinion even her best (I thought she did a far better job as
Reznikov in Orange is the New Black) work and I say that feeling I've
at least as good a Trekkie as most. (Mind you I don't consider Voyager
as the best in the Star Trek canon though I watched all of it_

On the other hand working actors routinely exaggerate their roles so I
guess I can live with comments like this.