I use technology in order to hate it more properly. -- Nam June Paik

arts / rec.arts.disney.parks / Re: It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".

SubjectAuthor
* It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".Mikchiaheads
+- Re: It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".Steve Soares
`- Re: It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".JG

1
It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".

<4cae2de4-082a-4a1f-8afe-9bfa87e63192n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1037&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#1037

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 18:36:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".
From: mikchiah...@yahoo.com (Mikchiaheads)
 by: Mikchiaheads - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 02:36 UTC

Just returned home from a trip to Walt Disney World(11/2/2023 to 11/6/2023).. It's been almost 5 years since we've been to "The World" due to Covid. Stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside. Not much has changed at Riverside other than no daily room cleaning and my old refillable mug did not work :-/ The place looked and felt the same as I remember having stayed there several years ago.

As far as the parks are concerned, the weather certainly cooperated(low 80s - with no rain). Attendance was moderate to heavy most days. We still have not returned to eating at indoor restaurants either in our home town nor in the Orlando area. This put a damper on the trip for me even knowing we would not be eating indoors before the trip. I have a list of observations compiled during our trip. It is as follows in no particular order:

Seeing Tron in person at night was impressive.
Virtually no masks on guests nor cast members.
Backlot restaurant void of movie props except a motocross bike.
No Tigger plushes to be found :-/
No antenna toppers in stores.
Very few refrigerator magnets.
"Wallcot" is alive and well :-/
Christmas music on Main St. has already started along with a multi-story Christmas tree.
Many runners walking through the parks with medals proudly displayed around their necks.
Many sightings of signs, storefronts, statues and props used in "Where in WDW" - RIP Mr. Fendrick.

Overall, It was a very enjoyable trip. I just had to post like I use to do, shortly after arriving home safely. I was hoping to see a few more familiar names here on rec.arts. Oh well, TTFN

Re: It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".

<uil68u$2qg9a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1038&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#1038

From: hos...@wdwent.com (Steve Soares)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 07:04:44 -0500
 by: Steve Soares - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:04 UTC

Thanks for posting. There are very few of us left!

Steve S.

On 11/9/2023 9:36 PM, Mikchiaheads wrote:
> Just returned home from a trip to Walt Disney World(11/2/2023 to 11/6/2023). It's been almost 5 years since we've been to "The World" due to Covid. Stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside. Not much has changed at Riverside other than no daily room cleaning and my old refillable mug did not work :-/ The place looked and felt the same as I remember having stayed there several years ago.
>
> As far as the parks are concerned, the weather certainly cooperated(low 80s - with no rain). Attendance was moderate to heavy most days. We still have not returned to eating at indoor restaurants either in our home town nor in the Orlando area. This put a damper on the trip for me even knowing we would not be eating indoors before the trip. I have a list of observations compiled during our trip. It is as follows in no particular order:
>
> Seeing Tron in person at night was impressive.
> Virtually no masks on guests nor cast members.
> Backlot restaurant void of movie props except a motocross bike.
> No Tigger plushes to be found :-/
> No antenna toppers in stores.
> Very few refrigerator magnets.
> "Wallcot" is alive and well :-/
> Christmas music on Main St. has already started along with a multi-story Christmas tree.
> Many runners walking through the parks with medals proudly displayed around their necks.
> Many sightings of signs, storefronts, statues and props used in "Where in WDW" - RIP Mr. Fendrick.
>
> Overall, It was a very enjoyable trip. I just had to post like I use to do, shortly after arriving home safely. I was hoping to see a few more familiar names here on rec.arts. Oh well, TTFN

Re: It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".

<21846813-c7f9-4fdd-bcfc-4291f1b5595bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1039&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#1039

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 11:06:37 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (JG)
 by: JG - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:06 UTC

On Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 8:37:00 PM UTC-6, Mikchiaheads wrote:
> Just returned home from a trip to Walt Disney World(11/2/2023 to 11/6/2023). It's been almost 5 years since we've been to "The World" due to Covid. Stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside. Not much has changed at Riverside other than no daily room cleaning and my old refillable mug did not work :-/ The place looked and felt the same as I remember having stayed there several years ago.
>
> As far as the parks are concerned, the weather certainly cooperated(low 80s - with no rain). Attendance was moderate to heavy most days. We still have not returned to eating at indoor restaurants either in our home town nor in the Orlando area. This put a damper on the trip for me even knowing we would not be eating indoors before the trip. I have a list of observations compiled during our trip. It is as follows in no particular order:
>
> Seeing Tron in person at night was impressive.
> Virtually no masks on guests nor cast members.
> Backlot restaurant void of movie props except a motocross bike.
> No Tigger plushes to be found :-/
> No antenna toppers in stores.
> Very few refrigerator magnets.
> "Wallcot" is alive and well :-/
> Christmas music on Main St. has already started along with a multi-story Christmas tree.
> Many runners walking through the parks with medals proudly displayed around their necks.
> Many sightings of signs, storefronts, statues and props used in "Where in WDW" - RIP Mr. Fendrick.
>
> Overall, It was a very enjoyable trip. I just had to post like I use to do, shortly after arriving home safely. I was hoping to see a few more familiar names here on rec.arts. Oh well, TTFN

USF is worth 2 days just for the Hogwarts ecosystem. And no Wallcot fencing to trap umbrella needy "Guests". I just waited 15 minutes in a USF Gift shoppe for rain. Iger's a Cannibal CEO