Fundamentally, there may be no basis for anything.

arts / rec.music.christian / Re: Christian Women Guitarists

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Christian Women GuitaristsChelsea Savage
`- Re: Christian Women GuitaristsAnt

1
Re: Christian Women Guitarists

<0378acb9-77de-4b07-9452-de0cd17c5ae9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1067&group=rec.music.christian#1067

Newsgroups: rec.music.christian
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:16:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Christian Women Guitarists
From: chelsea....@gmail.com (Chelsea Savage)
 by: Chelsea Savage - Fri, 13 May 2022 21:16 UTC

I know this conversation is 27 years old, but I thought I would contribute! :) I am a Christian female who plays guitar and I release music under the name "Chelsea Amber." I started a Facebook group and recently a podcast, both called "Christian Guitar Girls" (ChristianGuitarGirls.com) to provide community and encouragement for women of all skill levels who want to grow in their guitar abilities. I found it really fascinating to see that 27 years ago this was already a conversation!

On Sunday, April 16, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Jennifer L. Morgan wrote:
> Amazing. I've never thought of a guitar as a gender-specific instrument.
> What about pianists? Christian churches are full of women pianists and
> organists. Why are there so few women keyboardists in the CCM community.
> Sorry guys, despite your posts, I suspect we are looking at some
> cultural, rather than talent, barriers here.
> Jennifer Morgan

Re: Christian Women Guitarists

<97qdnatML9TituL_nZ2dnUU7-QmdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1068&group=rec.music.christian#1068

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: rec.music.christian
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 23:09:35 -0500
 by: Ant - Sat, 14 May 2022 04:09 UTC

Woah, time flies. Just curious. How many bassists are in that group?

--
Friday the 13th! :O Will it be quiet too? So far, it is even though getting hot. Still aching like the left foot with its ankle.
| |o o| |