From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Subject: 17th Anniversay events?
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:51:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:51 UTC

has there been any news about the upcoming 17th Anniversary event? I'm
considering using some gold to pay for a month of access, partly to see
how my new machine performs playing WoW, and partly to take advantage of
any anniversary events.

--
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good
novel, must be intolerably stupid".

Re: 17th Anniversay events?

<ruf3og93sl96pv7btkd20rmpquvmut6abf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=108&group=alt.games.warcraft#108

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Subject: Re: 17th Anniversay events?
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 22:51:11 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 22:51 UTC

On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:51:44 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>has there been any news about the upcoming 17th Anniversary event? I'm
>considering using some gold to pay for a month of access, partly to see
>how my new machine performs playing WoW, and partly to take advantage of
>any anniversary events.

Knew I saw something about it but had to google as it was longer ago
than I thought:
https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/wows-17th-anniversary-new-rewards-burning-crusade-themed-loot-and-mount-321958
- I never actually killed Doomwalker yet (or if I did it was maybe
once, many years ago) due to ridiculous spawn times, will be nice if
they make it not too insane a wait! Obviously datamining is not
official news but seems a likely shot anyway.

Re: 17th Anniversay events?

<slrnso3mec.m7q.g.kreme@macbook-pro.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=109&group=alt.games.warcraft#109

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 00:37:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 00:37 UTC

In message <ruf3og93sl96pv7btkd20rmpquvmut6abf@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:51:44 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>has there been any news about the upcoming 17th Anniversary event? I'm
>>considering using some gold to pay for a month of access, partly to see
>>how my new machine performs playing WoW, and partly to take advantage of
>>any anniversary events.

> Knew I saw something about it but had to google as it was longer ago
> than I thought:
> https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/wows-17th-anniversary-new-rewards-burning-crusade-themed-loot-and-mount-321958
> - I never actually killed Doomwalker yet (or if I did it was maybe
> once, many years ago) due to ridiculous spawn times, will be nice if
> they make it not too insane a wait! Obviously datamining is not
> official news but seems a likely shot anyway.

Wow, that is old. I guess I will hold right until there's more info or
the event actually starts.

--
'He's mad, isn't he?' 'No, mad's when you froth at the mouth,' said
Gaspode. ' He's insane. That's when you froth at the brain.'

Re: 17th Anniversay events?

<i9ctog5f6naojvs9i0jknk6nfg9r6fs9vl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=110&group=alt.games.warcraft#110

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 18:24:22 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 18:24 UTC

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 00:37:32 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <ruf3og93sl96pv7btkd20rmpquvmut6abf@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:51:44 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
>> <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
>
>>>has there been any news about the upcoming 17th Anniversary event? I'm
>>>considering using some gold to pay for a month of access, partly to see
>>>how my new machine performs playing WoW, and partly to take advantage of
>>>any anniversary events.
>
>> Knew I saw something about it but had to google as it was longer ago
>> than I thought:
>> https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/wows-17th-anniversary-new-rewards-burning-crusade-themed-loot-and-mount-321958
>> - I never actually killed Doomwalker yet (or if I did it was maybe
>> once, many years ago) due to ridiculous spawn times, will be nice if
>> they make it not too insane a wait! Obviously datamining is not
>> official news but seems a likely shot anyway.
>
>Wow, that is old. I guess I will hold right until there's more info or
>the event actually starts.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23745821/celebrate-17-years-of-world-of-warcraft
- Doomwalker it is, but, weekly... for an event that lasts 3 weeks.
Not holding out much hope of getting anything then!

Re: 17th Anniversay events?

<b895pg18lemjo0monjik84e316npn4gctm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=111&group=alt.games.warcraft#111

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 18:23:59 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 18:23 UTC

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 18:24:22 +0000, Catriona R
<catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 00:37:32 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
><g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
>
>>In message <ruf3og93sl96pv7btkd20rmpquvmut6abf@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Knew I saw something about it but had to google as it was longer ago
>>> than I thought:
>>> https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/wows-17th-anniversary-new-rewards-burning-crusade-themed-loot-and-mount-321958
>>> - I never actually killed Doomwalker yet (or if I did it was maybe
>>> once, many years ago) due to ridiculous spawn times, will be nice if
>>> they make it not too insane a wait! Obviously datamining is not
>>> official news but seems a likely shot anyway.
>>
>>Wow, that is old. I guess I will hold right until there's more info or
>>the event actually starts.
>
>https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23745821/celebrate-17-years-of-world-of-warcraft
>- Doomwalker it is, but, weekly... for an event that lasts 3 weeks.
>Not holding out much hope of getting anything then!

Quest is probably weekly but speculation is boss kills are daily -
that makes much more sense, we'll find out for sure tomorrow! Got a
220 dagger for my priest, a nice upgrade! (Probably not so useful for
anyone actually geared, but I've played so little in recent months
that most my gear is still below 220)

Now wondering if I can get my lvl 55 warlock to 60 in time to get
anything from it, might give it a go, although the new Classic season
launching tomorrow will take my attention I think. In any case loot is
for lvl 30 and up so I have 5 eligible characters I'll park there
until the mount and toy drop, and I'll check out the transmog options
too.

Re: 17th Anniversay events?

<slrnsp68gr.226e.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=112&group=alt.games.warcraft#112

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 03:14:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 03:14 UTC

In message <b895pg18lemjo0monjik84e316npn4gctm@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 18:24:22 +0000, Catriona R
> <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>>On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 00:37:32 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
>><g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>>Wow, that is old. I guess I will hold right until there's more info or
>>>the event actually starts.
>>
>>https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23745821/celebrate-17-years-of-world-of-warcraft
>>- Doomwalker it is, but, weekly... for an event that lasts 3 weeks.
>>Not holding out much hope of getting anything then!

> Quest is probably weekly but speculation is boss kills are daily -
> that makes much more sense, we'll find out for sure tomorrow! Got a
> 220 dagger for my priest, a nice upgrade! (Probably not so useful for
> anyone actually geared, but I've played so little in recent months
> that most my gear is still below 220)

I am mostly in 220 gear now, but I do have a 207 trinket that is holding
me back, and a couple of 213 items that aren't upgradable. Overall iLvl
is 218. I cannot upgrade further as I need "tier 6' and I believe i am
on 'tier 3'.

> Now wondering if I can get my lvl 55 warlock to 60

It's definitely possible, even easy, but the simplest and fastest way to
do it is to run instance over and over.

--
Boys skip school and steals a car, make girlfriend an accessory
(Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

Re: 17th Anniversay events?

<64n7pg19m7949s127bg7dfjdkhrprkog5f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=113&group=alt.games.warcraft#113

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 16:46:46 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 16:46 UTC

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 03:14:35 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <b895pg18lemjo0monjik84e316npn4gctm@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 18:24:22 +0000, Catriona R
>> <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>>>https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23745821/celebrate-17-years-of-world-of-warcraft
>>>- Doomwalker it is, but, weekly... for an event that lasts 3 weeks.
>>>Not holding out much hope of getting anything then!
>
>> Quest is probably weekly but speculation is boss kills are daily -
>> that makes much more sense, we'll find out for sure tomorrow! Got a
>> 220 dagger for my priest, a nice upgrade! (Probably not so useful for
>> anyone actually geared, but I've played so little in recent months
>> that most my gear is still below 220)
>
>I am mostly in 220 gear now, but I do have a 207 trinket that is holding
>me back, and a couple of 213 items that aren't upgradable. Overall iLvl
>is 218. I cannot upgrade further as I need "tier 6' and I believe i am
>on 'tier 3'.

Ahh yeah, the Korthia rep - they increased the rate that's gained with
the recent patch so might be faster to get there now (also you can buy
tokens for upgradeable items for specific slots now which can help
with the non-upgradeable items... although they cost stygia, which I
have very little of).

I hit tier 5 the other day anyway, having played very little, but I'm
wandering in a couple of days a week to do dailies/weekly and grab
some rares, without turning it into a massive grind, tier 6 will
happen eventually.

>> Now wondering if I can get my lvl 55 warlock to 60
>
>It's definitely possible, even easy, but the simplest and fastest way to
>do it is to run instance over and over.

Ugh, nothing more boring for me :-P Anyway, yes it's not that bad, I'm
57 already, this character is doing threads of fate rather than
questing, and just hitting any interesting WQs and the bonus areas
goes reasonably fast - also very fast on renown, I'm something like 58
renown already (the BoA token for instant lvl 40 helped to be fair),
which is about where my main was 3 weeks ago...!

Only downside is the timing, Classic season starts tonight and so I'll
be playing that now... sigh. Blizz always used to do Diablo seasons
1-2 weeks before or after a major WoW patch, now they're doing the
same with Classic seasons, not sure why it's so hard for them to just
spread out content launches where their players might want to do both!
(I'm not actually that keen on the seasonal idea, faster levelling and
changes from the original is NOT what I play Classic for, but since
there's too low a population in the regular Classic servers to find
groups for anything, seasonal it must be I guess - ironic when I'm
mainly a solo player anyway, but Classic really does require enough
population to be able to do group quests and the odd dungeon...)