From: inc...@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Jay
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 19:06:38 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 18:06 UTC

I think Jay was the most exciting woman this season.

I never liked the "shot in the dark" advantage since it brings
randomness to the game for no real reason what I can see
anyway. Or what is supposed to be the idea behind it?

Anyway now I like it even less as it got Jay booted.

What a boring cast this season, 2 players quit, no really cool
guy, and, while some of the women including Jay look good in
an everyday sense, weren't there a time when there were 3~4
real stunners per season?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: Jay

<874jgr49h5.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1110&group=alt.tv.survivor#1110

From: inc...@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re: Jay
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2023 17:38:30 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 16:38 UTC

> What a boring cast this season, 2 players quit [...]

Sean pretended to quit as we was going to be voted out anyway.

That said, the way he did it and the way he boasted afterwards
"I did it on my own terms" and "could have made it if I had
wanted" was just embarrassing, what a jerk.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: Jay

<87h6kn2tyl.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1112&group=alt.tv.survivor#1112

From: inc...@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 18:48:02 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 17:48 UTC

>> What a boring cast this season, 2 players quit [...]
>
> Sean pretended to quit as we was going to be voted
> out anyway.
>
> That said, the way he did it and the way he boasted
> afterwards "I did it on my own terms" and "could have made
> it if I had wanted" was just embarrassing, what a jerk.

There should be a better definition of what is quitting and
what isn't quitting.

Quitting should be a simple "I quit". After that there is no
discussion, no therapy session at TC, no vote, no torch snuff,
you simply leave the game, instantly. This can happen anytime
and at any stage of the game since, ultimately, it is up to
the individual player what to do. Survivor isn't
a dictatorship.

Convincing everyone else to vote for you should not formally
be considered quitting since it is still up to them how to
cast their votes.

There should be only two ways to "leave the game on my own
terms". Either quit (bad) or make it to the FTC (good).
Everything in between is just being voted of the island as
anyone else.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: Jay

<87o7euora0.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1113&group=alt.tv.survivor#1113

From: inc...@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 01:55:03 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 00:55 UTC

>>> What a boring cast this season, 2 players quit [...]
>>
>> Sean pretended to quit as we was going to be voted
>> out anyway.
>>
>> That said, the way he did it and the way he boasted
>> afterwards "I did it on my own terms" and "could have made
>> it if I had wanted" was just embarrassing, what a jerk.
>
> There should be a better definition of what is quitting and
> what isn't quitting.

Well, the cast wasn't exactly boring, I don't want to
say that. They just didn't click with me this time,
that happens.

The 2 players quitting will probably not be remembered for
long.

The show, as always, looks very good - the jungle, the
ocean ...

Also on a positive note, I think when they get used to and
realize the possibilities of the longer episode format, we are
likely up for better seasons!

Go Survivor!