Subject: Re: What happened to Nana Visitor?
From: Jacqui Dicks
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 14:14 UTC
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 06:14:53 -0800 (PST)
From: jax...@gmail.com (Jacqui Dicks)
On Saturday, 31 August 1996 at 08:00:00 UTC+1, C. AZIZ wrote:
In <01bb92b9.a955d400$7461...@shannara.pnx.com> shannara
<shan...@pnx.com> writes:

You have to remember that 99 percent of what the
tabloids print is fiction. Consider:
"Elvis spotted in alien ship"
The type of stories that they
frequently run.

On Friday, August 16, 1996, C. AZIZ wrote...

The *kidnapping* of a TV star occurred sometime last year and with
the
exception of a tabloid story (which are notoriously unreliable), the
incident is only now becoming public? I find this incredible.
Either
Paramount has the awesome power it takes to control the news media
and
prevent the dissemination of information, or Star Trek has reached
its
market saturation point and the mainstream press just doesn't
consider
them newsworthy anymore.

\
Oh absolutely. The tabloids print 99% trash. I won't believe the
details of this borrible story until I read it from a reputable
source.
Nana did get raped. She was followed home after filming and abducted. After driving around for a while, they took her back home and raped her. She did an event with Alexander Siddig and Patricia Tallman in early October this year called The Bardo to talk about it. Very hard to hear. Most of us watching via Zoom were in tears. She talked about things that Alexander didn't even know, so I can only imagine how hard it is for her to talk about still. I type this as I'm watching Heart of Stone