From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Subject: Can I get honorable kills in the open world?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 15:24:43 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 20:24 UTC

I am trying to earn some honorable kills for an achievement. I know
nothing about PVP.

If one Horde player and one Alliance player flags for PVP in the open
world and attack each other, will the winner get an honorable kill by
doing so? If so, what is the max level gap between the two players
where this method will work? I am trying this now and it is not
working.

Re: Can I get honorable kills in the open world?

<7ganrg1ua6re65ghr80ugga8tk7mlv8ptu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=115&group=alt.games.warcraft#115

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Subject: Re: Can I get honorable kills in the open world?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:15:58 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:15 UTC

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 15:24:43 -0500, Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>I am trying to earn some honorable kills for an achievement. I know
>nothing about PVP.
>
>If one Horde player and one Alliance player flags for PVP in the open
>world and attack each other, will the winner get an honorable kill by
>doing so? If so, what is the max level gap between the two players
>where this method will work? I am trying this now and it is not
>working.

My understanding (I don't do world PVP so may be off on the details!),
is that, so long as the other player is at least a green level to you
then it should be an honorable kill. Grey level will not give
honorable kills, all others should.

Of course, I assumed the default UI actually showed level range
colours, I'm sure it used to, but can I see it now? No lol... perhaps
I'm thinking of healthbars, which may or may not show it, depending on
your settings. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mob_difficulty_colors
may help; if it's accurate, then if you are lvl 60, anything 51 and
below will be grey to you, and so likely not count.

I think if you're camping 1 player repeatedly for multiple kills,
there'll be a cooldown of some minutes, as well, so it may count once,
but then not for, say, 5 or 10 minutes afterwards.

Re: Can I get honorable kills in the open world?

<slrnsrne5j.qt9.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=116&group=alt.games.warcraft#116

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 22:07:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 22:07 UTC

In message <vs7nrg5nolerikpfg0dem4e952353gh2qv@4ax.com> Mike S <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
> I am trying to earn some honorable kills for an achievement. I know
> nothing about PVP.

I believe world PVP still counts. The system is rather different than it
was, but I don't think this changed. Players must be "green" to you to
count as HKs, which is basically "within 5 levels of you" but might be
fewer at level 60.

Gone are the days of PVP servers and DHKs.

I generally leave it off because there are enough griefers to make
getting things done annoying.

> If one Horde player and one Alliance player flags for PVP in the open
> world and attack each other, will the winner get an honorable kill by
> doing so? If so, what is the max level gap between the two players
> where this method will work? I am trying this now and it is not
> working.

If you are not getting an HK then the target is "grey" instead of
"green" but I don't know how this shows up in the UI by default anymore.
Try for 5 levels or less, but at 60 it might be different now. Perhaps
60s can only get HKs at 60 (as was suggested back the first time lvl 60
was the level cap)?

--
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

Re: Can I get honorable kills in the open world?

<cnnnrg9l2ednj45tpilihg2n50bc41qdb0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=117&group=alt.games.warcraft#117

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 19:52:54 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 00:52 UTC

Thank you Lewis and Catriona. I think the problem was them being gray
to me. That would explain it. I will keep that in mind.

arts / alt.games.warcraft / Re: Can I get honorable kills in the open world?