God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through. -- Paul Valery

arts / rec.arts.startrek.current / Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening words

SubjectAuthor
* Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsYour Name
+* Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsWolffan
|+* Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
||`* Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsBlueshirt
|| +- Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsThe Horny Goat
|| `* Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
||  `* Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsDimensional Traveler
||   `- Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|`- Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsYour Name
+- Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsThe Horny Goat
`- Re: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening wordsThe Doctor

1
Subject: Stupid "Political Correctness" hits Star Trek opening words
From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 20:36 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 09:36:50 +1300

It looks like the "Political Correctness" / "Equality" morons have now forced a change to the wording used in the upcoming series "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds".

The orginal show uses the phrase:
     "To boldly go where no man has gone before".

From this video of the excited cast
https://twitter.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/status/1370435517485969411
it appears that wording has been changed in the new show to be:
     "To boldly go where no one has gone before."

"Man" is yet another word added to the 'naughty list' of banned words.  :-\

From: Wolffan
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 21:25 UTC
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 16:25:06 -0500
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
View all headers
On 2021 Mar12, Your Name wrote
(in article <s2gjd0$1q5q$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

It looks like the "Political Correctness" / "Equality" morons have now
forced a change to the wording used in the upcoming series "Star Trek:
Strange New Worlds".

The orginal show uses the phrase:
"To boldly go where no man has gone before".

From this video of the excited cast
https://twitter.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/status/1370435517485969411
it appears that wording has been changed in the new show to be:
"To boldly go where no one has gone before."

"Man" is yet another word added to the 'naughty list' of banned words. :-\

Err... The very first episode of TNG opened with Picard yapping “To boldly
go where no-one has gone before”. You didn’t notice? I did. More than 30
years ago. It’s a bit late to be complaining...

From: Jibini Kula Tumbili
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 21:04 UTC
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.sf.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 14:04:02 -0700
Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote in

On 2021 Mar12, Your Name wrote
(in article <s2gjd0$1q5q$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

It looks like the "Political Correctness" / "Equality" morons
have now forced a change to the wording used in the upcoming
series "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds".

The orginal show uses the phrase:
"To boldly go where no man has gone before".

From this video of the excited cast
https://twitter.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/status/1370435517485969411
it appears that wording has been changed in the new show to be:
"To boldly go where no one has gone before."

"Man" is yet another word added to the 'naughty list' of banned
words. :-\

Err... The very first episode of TNG opened with Picard yapping
“To boldly go where no-one has gone before”. You didn’t
notice? I did. More than 30 years ago. It’s a bit late to be
complaining...

Indeed. Anybody who has been surprised by Star Trek being politically
correct since the beginning of ST:TNG has been in a coma. Trek was
woke before it was called woke. A *lot* before. By intent.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

From: Blueshirt
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 22:48 UTC
From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 22:48:09 +0000
View all headers
On 12/03/2021 21:04, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote

Err... The very first episode of TNG opened with Picard yapping
“To boldly go where no-one has gone before”. You didn’t
notice? I did. More than 30 years ago. It’s a bit late to be
complaining...

Indeed. Anybody who has been surprised by Star Trek being politically
correct since the beginning of ST:TNG has been in a coma. Trek was
woke before it was called woke. A *lot* before. By intent.

Anyone complaining about “To boldly go where no-one has gone before” in 2021 like it's something new can't be an actual Star Trek fan and is just complaining about something for the sake of it.

From: The Horny Goat
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 15:44 UTC
From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 07:44:30 -0800
On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 09:36:50 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

It looks like the "Political Correctness" / "Equality" morons have now
forced a change to the wording used in the upcoming series "Star Trek:
Strange New Worlds".

The orginal show uses the phrase:
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before".

From this video of the excited cast
https://twitter.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/status/1370435517485969411
it appears that wording has been changed in the new show to be:
    "To boldly go where no one has gone before."

"Man" is yet another word added to the 'naughty list' of banned words.  :-\

Was that not the phrase used in ST:TNG? It certainly wasn't a recent
change

From: The Horny Goat
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 15:45 UTC
From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 07:45:43 -0800
On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 22:48:09 +0000, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news>
wrote:

On 12/03/2021 21:04, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote

Err... The very first episode of TNG opened with Picard yapping
“To boldly go where no-one has gone before”. You didn’t
notice? I did. More than 30 years ago. It’s a bit late to be
complaining...

Indeed. Anybody who has been surprised by Star Trek being politically
correct since the beginning of ST:TNG has been in a coma. Trek was
woke before it was called woke. A *lot* before. By intent.

Anyone complaining about “To boldly go where no-one has gone before” in
2021 like it's something new can't be an actual Star Trek fan and is
just complaining about something for the sake of it.

I remember a group called the Procrastinators club that during the
Vietnam war was protesting US policy from the War of 1812.....

From: Jibini Kula Tumbili
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 00:03 UTC
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.sf.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 17:03:41 -0700
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in

On 12/03/2021 21:04, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote

Err... The very first episode of TNG opened with Picard
yapping “To boldly go where no-one has gone before”. You
didn’t notice? I did. More than 30 years ago. It’s a bit
late to be complaining...

Indeed. Anybody who has been surprised by Star Trek being
politically correct since the beginning of ST:TNG has been in a
coma. Trek was woke before it was called woke. A *lot* before.
By intent.

Anyone complaining about “To boldly go where no-one has gone
before” in 2021 like it's something new can't be an actual
Star Trek fan and is just complaining about something for the
sake of it.

Note who we are making fun of.

From: Dimensional Traveler
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 03:11 UTC
From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 19:11:07 -0800
On 3/13/2021 4:03 PM, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in

On 12/03/2021 21:04, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote

Err... The very first episode of TNG opened with Picard
yapping “To boldly go where no-one has gone before”. You
didn’t notice? I did. More than 30 years ago. It’s a bit
late to be complaining...

Indeed. Anybody who has been surprised by Star Trek being
politically correct since the beginning of ST:TNG has been in a
coma. Trek was woke before it was called woke. A *lot* before.
By intent.

Anyone complaining about “To boldly go where no-one has gone
before” in 2021 like it's something new can't be an actual
Star Trek fan and is just complaining about something for the
sake of it.

Note who we are making fun of.

With you that doesn't narrow it down.  At all.

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 06:40 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 19:40:20 +1300
On 2021-03-12 21:25:06 +0000, Wolffan said:
On 2021 Mar12, Your Name wrote
(in article <s2gjd0$1q5q$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

It looks like the "Political Correctness" / "Equality" morons have now
forced a change to the wording used in the upcoming series "Star Trek:
Strange New Worlds".

The orginal show uses the phrase:
"To boldly go where no man has gone before".

From this video of the excited cast
https://twitter.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/status/1370435517485969411
it appears that wording has been changed in the new show to be:
"To boldly go where no one has gone before."

"Man" is yet another word added to the 'naughty list' of banned words. :-\

Err... The very first episode of TNG opened with Picard yapping "To boldly
go where no-one has gone before". You didn't notice? I did. More than 30
years ago. It's a bit late to be complaining...

So it did. It's been a long time since I've seen any TNG episodes, so I'd forgotten about that.

From: Jibini Kula Tumbili
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 15:44 UTC
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.sf.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 08:44:38 -0700
View all headers
Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote in news:s2jus8$hrb$2
@dont-email.me:

[...]

Does you newsreader not thread?

From: The Doctor
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 23:10 UTC
From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 23:10:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
View all headers
In article <s2gjd0$1q5q$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Your Name  <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

It looks like the "Political Correctness" / "Equality" morons have now
forced a change to the wording used in the upcoming series "Star Trek:
Strange New Worlds".

The orginal show uses the phrase:
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before".

From this video of the excited cast
https://twitter.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/status/1370435517485969411
it appears that wording has been changed in the new show to be:
    "To boldly go where no one has gone before."

"Man" is yet another word added to the 'naughty list' of banned words.  :-\

Stupid!
Light wants an end to war, but so does darkness.  -unknown