You will be called upon to help a friend in trouble.

arts / alt.games.warcraft / Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

SubjectAuthor
* Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Catriona R
+* Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Peter T.
|`- Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Catriona R
`* Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Catriona R
 `* Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Peter T.
  `* Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Catriona R
   +- Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Catriona R
   `* Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Peter T.
    +- Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Peter T.
    `* Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Catriona R
     `* Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Peter T.
      `- Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)Catriona R

1
Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<lgm3qh9hpivo0abqn84mi9q08evh8v19au@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=121&group=alt.games.warcraft#121

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Subject: Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 15:53:10 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 15:53 UTC

On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:17:59 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/zq6p0v/otto_the_mount_has_been_found/

I was just reading that earlier, looks like fun! I tend not to get
around to the super-complicated secret mounts, but fishing? Well I've
been bored of fishing in recent expansions but I'm having fun with it
this time out, I think having the tuskarr as a faction has got me back
into it, and that otter mount looks cool :-)

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<tnvksn$1qn6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=122&group=alt.games.warcraft#122

From: pino...@hotmail.moc (Peter T.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 19:56:24 +0100
 by: Peter T. - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 18:56 UTC

On 20-12-2022 16:53, Catriona R wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:17:59 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
> wrote:
>
>> https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/zq6p0v/otto_the_mount_has_been_found/
>
> I was just reading that earlier, looks like fun! I tend not to get
> around to the super-complicated secret mounts, but fishing? Well I've
> been bored of fishing in recent expansions but I'm having fun with it
> this time out, I think having the tuskarr as a faction has got me back
> into it, and that otter mount looks cool :-)

Absolutely cool. :)

I've always liked fishing. Especially since I did the fishing ach's in
Northrend. So now I'm focused on maxing out Tuskarr asap. :)

I consider buying subbing for a year and relax with the game. The state
it's in now... I love it!

--
Peter T.

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<28i7qh9tuagbn9tl970dsva7heotbp2m9u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=123&group=alt.games.warcraft#123

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 03:07:31 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 03:07 UTC

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 19:56:24 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>On 20-12-2022 16:53, Catriona R wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:17:59 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/zq6p0v/otto_the_mount_has_been_found/
>>
>> I was just reading that earlier, looks like fun! I tend not to get
>> around to the super-complicated secret mounts, but fishing? Well I've
>> been bored of fishing in recent expansions but I'm having fun with it
>> this time out, I think having the tuskarr as a faction has got me back
>> into it, and that otter mount looks cool :-)
>
>Absolutely cool. :)
>
>I've always liked fishing. Especially since I did the fishing ach's in
>Northrend. So now I'm focused on maxing out Tuskarr asap. :)

I used to love it, I'm glad the tuskarr are getting me back into it!

>I consider buying subbing for a year and relax with the game. The state
>it's in now... I love it!

Yeah I'm having way more fun than I did in Shadowlands, that's for
sure, some slight irritations but overall it's a very positive
feeling, the upcoming patches sound positive too, so here's hoping it
continues being as good :-)

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<1ibhrh5bvafsvcpj5meic78p2972rjs3nf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125&group=alt.games.warcraft#125

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 23:29:09 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 23:29 UTC

On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 15:53:10 +0000, Catriona R
<catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:17:59 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
>wrote:
>
>>https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/zq6p0v/otto_the_mount_has_been_found/
>
>I was just reading that earlier, looks like fun! I tend not to get
>around to the super-complicated secret mounts, but fishing? Well I've
>been bored of fishing in recent expansions but I'm having fun with it
>this time out, I think having the tuskarr as a faction has got me back
>into it, and that otter mount looks cool :-)

Got him! I hit lucky last week and fished up a whole gold coin, been
doing it bit by bit since and finished tonight - my bad habit of
hitting my fish bind too fast while looting nearly bit me though, saw
the Kingfin fish in the loot window, right as I pressed the button and
it closed without me getting the loot, argh! Luckily RNG was on my
side and it dropped again 5 casts later, but that could've bee very
annoying indeed... lesson learned to be more careful when looking for
rare things!

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<tpgrfr$508$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=126&group=alt.games.warcraft#126

From: pino...@hotmail.moc (Peter T.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 11:49:32 +0100
 by: Peter T. - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 10:49 UTC

On 07-01-2023 00:29, Catriona R wrote:

> Got him! I hit lucky last week and fished up a whole gold coin, been
> doing it bit by bit since and finished tonight - my bad habit of
> hitting my fish bind too fast while looting nearly bit me though, saw
> the Kingfin fish in the loot window, right as I pressed the button and
> it closed without me getting the loot, argh! Luckily RNG was on my
> side and it dropped again 5 casts later, but that could've bee very
> annoying indeed... lesson learned to be more careful when looking for
> rare things!

Grats!

I got a gold coin 2-3 days ago as well. But I wasn't aware how many I
should farm of those, but 1 seems to do it. My plan was to look at it
later, but I look at it tonight. :)

I'm farming 3 draconium Nuggets in leaper pools sigh... *crying with 163
prismatic leapers and zero nuggets in my bags*

--
Peter T.

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<3ngorh5dqv3tbe10fdfa4pr9fqa9jdoh0k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=127&group=alt.games.warcraft#127

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 16:56:55 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 16:56 UTC

On Mon, 9 Jan 2023 11:49:32 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>On 07-01-2023 00:29, Catriona R wrote:
>
>> Got him! I hit lucky last week and fished up a whole gold coin, been
>> doing it bit by bit since and finished tonight - my bad habit of
>> hitting my fish bind too fast while looting nearly bit me though, saw
>> the Kingfin fish in the loot window, right as I pressed the button and
>> it closed without me getting the loot, argh! Luckily RNG was on my
>> side and it dropped again 5 casts later, but that could've bee very
>> annoying indeed... lesson learned to be more careful when looking for
>> rare things!
>
>Grats!
>
>I got a gold coin 2-3 days ago as well. But I wasn't aware how many I
>should farm of those, but 1 seems to do it. My plan was to look at it
>later, but I look at it tonight. :)

Seems to just be 1, yeah, I got my shades on the first bag anyway,
although one or two comments say it's not 100%, most people get it
first time. After that it wasn't bad going at all, better droprates
than I expected so fairly chill and fun, and a very cute mount at the
end of it :-) Love that otters get 100% swim speed, so I actually have
a use for a non-flying mount in this dragonriding expansion - he gets
used when I do the "scare the pesky ottuks" daily ;-)

>I'm farming 3 draconium Nuggets in leaper pools sigh... *crying with 163
>prismatic leapers and zero nuggets in my bags*

Might be pure luck but I find those seem to drop more often in magma
thresher pools if you've unlocked lava fishing - especially if you
find an "overheated" pool, those have higher chance of all rare drops
(in the same way if you get lucky and find a "deep" ice fishing pool,
that has a better chance of the upgrade items too - only those are
pretty rare; I've only seen one once!).

Southwest of Obsidian citadel you'll find a "Daring Fisher" on an
island in the lava (who is a fishing trainer so shows on the minimap
if you have trainers tracked), and there's often pools near him, I
always check that spot when I'm in the area; the fish aren't worth a
lot now but they're prospectable and I'm a jewelcrafter so I just
prospect them instead, seeing as they cost much the same as ores.

I just wish I could max out any of the harpoon/net upgrades and get
some of the junk out of my bags, between that, rep handins, shovels,
conches and crafting taking up tons of space (oh boy, crafting... 11
types of gem, multiple different parts, elemental bits and ores... and
most have 2-3 different levels...), bag management is no easier than
usual lol, the reagent bag only goes so far!

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<884prh1rfih5so81abfkch4jepa181oglf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128&group=alt.games.warcraft#128

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 22:12:36 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 22:12 UTC

On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 16:56:55 +0000, Catriona R
<catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 9 Jan 2023 11:49:32 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
>wrote:
>
>>On 07-01-2023 00:29, Catriona R wrote:
>>
>>> Got him! I hit lucky last week and fished up a whole gold coin, been
>>> doing it bit by bit since and finished tonight - my bad habit of
>>> hitting my fish bind too fast while looting nearly bit me though, saw
>>> the Kingfin fish in the loot window, right as I pressed the button and
>>> it closed without me getting the loot, argh! Luckily RNG was on my
>>> side and it dropped again 5 casts later, but that could've bee very
>>> annoying indeed... lesson learned to be more careful when looking for
>>> rare things!
>>
>>Grats!
>>
>>I got a gold coin 2-3 days ago as well. But I wasn't aware how many I
>>should farm of those, but 1 seems to do it. My plan was to look at it
>>later, but I look at it tonight. :)
>
>Seems to just be 1, yeah, I got my shades on the first bag anyway,
>although one or two comments say it's not 100%, most people get it
>first time. After that it wasn't bad going at all, better droprates
>than I expected so fairly chill and fun, and a very cute mount at the
>end of it :-) Love that otters get 100% swim speed, so I actually have
>a use for a non-flying mount in this dragonriding expansion - he gets
>used when I do the "scare the pesky ottuks" daily ;-)
>
>>I'm farming 3 draconium Nuggets in leaper pools sigh... *crying with 163
>>prismatic leapers and zero nuggets in my bags*
>
>Might be pure luck but I find those seem to drop more often in magma
>thresher pools if you've unlocked lava fishing - especially if you
>find an "overheated" pool, those have higher chance of all rare drops
>(in the same way if you get lucky and find a "deep" ice fishing pool,
>that has a better chance of the upgrade items too - only those are
>pretty rare; I've only seen one once!).
>
>Southwest of Obsidian citadel

*sigh*, sense of direction, of course I meant south*east*! Helps if I
don't send you entirely the wrong way...

you'll find a "Daring Fisher" on an
>island in the lava (who is a fishing trainer so shows on the minimap
>if you have trainers tracked), and there's often pools near him, I
>always check that spot when I'm in the area; the fish aren't worth a
>lot now but they're prospectable and I'm a jewelcrafter so I just
>prospect them instead, seeing as they cost much the same as ores.
>
>I just wish I could max out any of the harpoon/net upgrades and get
>some of the junk out of my bags, between that, rep handins, shovels,
>conches and crafting taking up tons of space (oh boy, crafting... 11
>types of gem, multiple different parts, elemental bits and ores... and
>most have 2-3 different levels...), bag management is no easier than
>usual lol, the reagent bag only goes so far!

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<tpi6f9$dmp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129&group=alt.games.warcraft#129

From: pino...@hotmail.moc (Peter T.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 00:03:06 +0100
 by: Peter T. - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 23:03 UTC

On 09-01-2023 17:56, Catriona R wrote:

> Might be pure luck but I find those seem to drop more often in magma
> thresher pools if you've unlocked lava fishing

I checked lava fishing again as it appears in my fishing journal. It's
unlocked until renown 15. I'm at 13. That explains why I haven't seen any.

I also understand I can acquire perception to my fishing pole. Honestly
I haven't understood all this deftness, perception and other. I have
looked for a guide, but haven't found any.

This person says his/her fishing pole has 151 perception. I'm just
puzzled here. :)

--
Peter T.

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<tpi71b$jtv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130&group=alt.games.warcraft#130

From: pino...@hotmail.moc (Peter T.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 00:12:44 +0100
 by: Peter T. - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 23:12 UTC

On 10-01-2023 00:03, Peter T. wrote:
> This person says his/her fishing pole has 151 perception.  I'm just
> puzzled here. :)

Forgot link:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=200080/draconium-nugget#comments:id=5496369

--
Peter T.

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<pflprhdcjqvog3hgo03h6mgbkvsndh1mge@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131&group=alt.games.warcraft#131

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 03:30:42 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 03:30 UTC

On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 00:03:06 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>On 09-01-2023 17:56, Catriona R wrote:
>
>> Might be pure luck but I find those seem to drop more often in magma
>> thresher pools if you've unlocked lava fishing
>
>I checked lava fishing again as it appears in my fishing journal. It's
>unlocked until renown 15. I'm at 13. That explains why I haven't seen any.

Ahh, yeah - shouldn't take too long to get there though, especially if
you do the soup event in Iskaar a few times, that gives fairly good
rep (check wowhead front page for when it's next on, "community
feast")

>I also understand I can acquire perception to my fishing pole. Honestly
>I haven't understood all this deftness, perception and other. I have
>looked for a guide, but haven't found any.
>
>This person says his/her fishing pole has 151 perception. I'm just
>puzzled here. :)

New fishing poles always come with perception, which increases chance
at rare drops when fishing/gathering. The guy with 151 perception
probably has
https://www.wowhead.com/item=198226/khazgorite-fisherfriend with a
https://www.wowhead.com/item=200048/enchant-tool-draconic-perception
enchant and some other buffs stacked up.

I've been using
https://www.wowhead.com/item=198225/draconium-fisherfriend until a
couple of days ago (with no enchant as I only recently learned they
can be enchanted!) as it's cheaper and not BoP so doesn't require
making a crafting order using mats I don't have. Works fairly well
although I'd certainly like better rare droprate, couldn't complain
about it when I did Otto though (only upgraded my pole afterwards when
my other half got the recipe)

Other profession stats to know about:

Deftness: gather faster
Finesse: gather more of the base item (ores, herbs etc)

Multicraft: chance to craft multiple items (only works on stackables,
if the crafting window doesn't mention it, don't bother)
Resourcefulness: chance to save some of your mats
Inspiration: chance to craft as though you have higher skill, which
may give you a higher quality item
Crafting speed: selfexplanatory

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/professions/secondary-stats probably
expalins it better than me though! It's complicated but I've grown to
like it, especially when multicraft procs on an expensive gem ;-)

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<tpjktk$r7t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132&group=alt.games.warcraft#132

From: pino...@hotmail.moc (Peter T.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 13:15:49 +0100
 by: Peter T. - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 12:15 UTC

On 10-01-2023 04:30, Catriona R wrote:

> New fishing poles always come with perception, which increases chance
> at rare drops when fishing/gathering. The guy with 151 perception
> probably has
> https://www.wowhead.com/item=198226/khazgorite-fisherfriend with a
> https://www.wowhead.com/item=200048/enchant-tool-draconic-perception
> enchant and some other buffs stacked up.

Aaaahh!

> I've been using
> https://www.wowhead.com/item=198225/draconium-fisherfriend until a
> couple of days ago (with no enchant as I only recently learned they
> can be enchanted!) as it's cheaper and not BoP so doesn't require
> making a crafting order using mats I don't have. Works fairly well
> although I'd certainly like better rare droprate, couldn't complain
> about it when I did Otto though (only upgraded my pole afterwards when
> my other half got the recipe)

I bought that pole on AH last night after I wrote my previous answer. I
also found out I could buy other stuff for my profs that I could put in
the empty slots. :)

> Other profession stats to know about:

Thank you! That helped!

> https://www.wowhead.com/guide/professions/secondary-stats probably
> expalins it better than me though!

You have done an excellent job for an old man like me. :) But that
guide looks pretty good.

--
Peter T.

Re: I like fishing, so... Otto the Mount :)

<pv6rrh137uqiuusr4nku6cgaaotpniq3t0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133&group=alt.games.warcraft#133

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 17:14:56 +0000
 by: Catriona R - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 17:14 UTC

On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 13:15:49 +0100, "Peter T." <pinoc10@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>On 10-01-2023 04:30, Catriona R wrote:
>> I've been using
>> https://www.wowhead.com/item=198225/draconium-fisherfriend until a
>> couple of days ago (with no enchant as I only recently learned they
>> can be enchanted!) as it's cheaper and not BoP so doesn't require
>> making a crafting order using mats I don't have. Works fairly well
>> although I'd certainly like better rare droprate, couldn't complain
>> about it when I did Otto though (only upgraded my pole afterwards when
>> my other half got the recipe)
>
>I bought that pole on AH last night after I wrote my previous answer. I
>also found out I could buy other stuff for my profs that I could put in
>the empty slots. :)

Yep, green quality professions gear is all BoE - btw take note of the
ilvl, higher ilvl has higher stats, much like regular gear :-) Blue
quality is all BoP but can be ordered through crafting orders, I've
only bothered for a few slots though, generally I wait till one of my
own characters or my other half can make them.

>> Other profession stats to know about:
>
>Thank you! That helped!
>>
>> https://www.wowhead.com/guide/professions/secondary-stats probably
>> expalins it better than me though!
>
>You have done an excellent job for an old man like me. :) But that
>guide looks pretty good.

Hehe yeah I wish I'd found that guide sooner, would've been useful to
me too at first, I just learned a lot through trial and error and
reading reddit posts (I read the woweconomy subreddit, everyone there
knows so much more than me that a lot goes over my head but I absorb a
few useful things anyway).