Many people are unenthusiastic about their work.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn?t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

SubjectAuthor
* Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn?t Fitting In While Working On The Gjdyoung
+* Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’tRichA
> [...]
| ||   |||    `* Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In Whiletrotsky
| ||   |||     `* Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In WhilemoviePig
| ||   |||      `- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In Whiletrotsky
| ||   ||`- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On TThe Horny Goat
| ||   |+- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On TUbiquitous
| ||   |`- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On TThe Horny Goat
| ||   `* Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On TUbiquitous
| ||    `- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On TA Friend
| |`- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly IsnmoviePig
| `- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’tRichA
`* Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On TBTR1701
 +- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’ttrotsky
 `- Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On TAdam H. Kerman

Pages:123
Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn?t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<rv96pglufkuc5fmfpit6ljmgqfvsujp0nt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124144&group=rec.arts.tv#124144

From: jdyou...@ymail.com (jdyoung)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn???t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 22:44:25 -0500
 by: jdyoung - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 03:44 UTC

Probably the main reason the Mayim Bialik experiment isn't working out
is she isn't attractive. Looks still mean plenty when it comes to
television and that's one area she lacks. It she were hot, she'd be a
hit.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/why-jeopardy-host-mayim-bialik-allegedly-isnt-fitting-in-while-working-on-the-game-show?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated

Jeopardy! Is still on the hunt for a permanent host following the
death of longtime quizmaster Alex Trebek, and apparently isn’t getting
any closer with its part-time host Mayim Bialik. The Big Bang Theory
actress is filling in to head up the iconic game show in the interim,
but according to recent reports, she isn't quite fitting in behind the
scenes, and doesn't mesh with the culture of the series.

A recent report alleged that Jeopardy! staff members are divided on
whether or not Mayim Bialik is best suited to serve as the game show's
permanent host. OK! Magazine reported insiders who alleged that while
Bialik is performing her duties on the show satisfactorily enough,
she’s rather insistent on doing certain things her own way, and
without producers' input. This reportedly includes picking her own
wardrobe for the filming of episodes, and that behavior is said to
have caused eye- rolls from those working on the show.

The end result, if these reports are to be believed, is that some
Jeopardy! staffers don’t believe Mayim Bialik is the best person to
serve as the face of the franchise going forward. Allegedly, the
feeling from staff is that the show would be better off not trying to
scout out celebrities, but rather someone who is a “more polished pro”
on the hosting front. There are no specific examples on who exactly
that would be, but it’s likely the staff would like to see someone
more in line with Alex Trebek himself. As would everyone, probably.

It’s been a rough road for Jeopardy!, as the show doesn’t seem any
closer to finding a permanent host after months of inviting
celebrities and former players to host for shorter stints. The series
did eventually try and announce executive producer Mike Richards as
the host of the program, but after a ton of backlash and resurfaced
controversy regarding past comments and workplace conduct, he left the
show completely. With former champ Ken Jennings currently in the hot
seat — or behind the hot lectern, as it were — Mayim Bialik's latest
hosting stint seemingly didn't win over producers enough to offer her
a permanent position beyond primetime tournaments. Not that it's clear
if she could do that anyway, what with her other professional
commitments such as Fox's Call Me Kat.

If Mayim Bialik isn’t Jeopardy!’s solution for a permanent host, one
might have to ask who is. The show balked at a chance to bring in
actor LeVar Burton despite his initial enthusiasm to do so (which has
since waned), and it seems as though Ken Jennings won’t be the one to
assume full-time hosting responsibilities despite his ties
behind-the-scenes and popularity with the fanbase. Other options are
still out there, but given the alleged scrutiny Bialik is under, one
has to wonder what applicants will be willing to come in and not be
able to exercise much creative control. Of course, there’s no
guaranteeing that’s the case, and it’s also possible this problem (if
it is an actual problem) is specific to Bialik herself, and not the
temp group at large.

Jeopardy! airs weekdays, with Ken Jennings back at the helm for the
time being. Continue to stick with CinemaBlend for any further chatter
on who the franchise’s next host may be, and what may happen next with
Bialik.

J Young
jdyoung1@ymail.com

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<fd555015-4ef6-4137-8321-cfd240184e72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124149&group=rec.arts.tv#124149

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 20:36:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Why_Jeopardy_Host_Mayim_Bialik_Allegedly_Isn’t
_Fitting_In_While_Working_On_The_Game_Show
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 04:36 UTC

On Monday, 15 November 2021 at 22:44:30 UTC-5, jdyoung wrote:
> Probably the main reason the Mayim Bialik experiment isn't working out
> is she isn't attractive. Looks still mean plenty when it comes to
> television and that's one area she lacks. It she were hot, she'd be a
> hit.
>

> https://www.cinemablend.com/television/why-jeopardy-host-mayim-bialik-allegedly-isnt-fitting-in-while-working-on-the-game-show?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated
>
> Jeopardy! Is still on the hunt for a permanent host following the
> death of longtime quizmaster Alex Trebek, and apparently isn’t getting
> any closer with its part-time host Mayim Bialik. The Big Bang Theory
> actress is filling in to head up the iconic game show in the interim,
> but according to recent reports, she isn't quite fitting in behind the
> scenes, and doesn't mesh with the culture of the series.
>
> A recent report alleged that Jeopardy! staff members are divided on
> whether or not Mayim Bialik is best suited to serve as the game show's
> permanent host.

For better or worse, hosting shows using experts or intellectuals ended in the 1960's.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<A5CdnVLIGYTW0Q78nZ2dnUU7-S2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124164&group=rec.arts.tv#124164

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 00:14:35 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 06:14 UTC

On Nov 15, 2021 at 7:44:25 PM PST, "jdyoung" <jdyoung1@ymail.com> wrote:
> If Mayim Bialik isn’t Jeopardy!’s solution for a permanent host, one
> might have to ask who is. The show balked at a chance to bring in
> actor LeVar Burton despite his initial enthusiasm to do so (which has
> since waned), and it seems as though Ken Jennings won’t be the one to
> assume full-time hosting responsibilities despite his ties
> behind-the-scenes and popularity with the fanbase. Other options are
> still out there, but given the alleged scrutiny Bialik is under, one
> has to wonder what applicants will be willing to come in and not be
> able to exercise much creative control.

Creative control? What kind of creative control could their possibly be for a
host of this game show? You stand there and read questions to contestants and
tell them if they got the answers right or wrong. What else is there to do
with that?

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<sn06cg$1jol$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124178&group=rec.arts.tv#124178

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
_Fitting_In_While_Working_On_The_Game_Show
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 05:58:07 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 11:58 UTC

On 11/16/2021 12:14 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2021 at 7:44:25 PM PST, "jdyoung" <jdyoung1@ymail.com> wrote:
>> If Mayim Bialik isn’t Jeopardy!’s solution for a permanent host, one
>> might have to ask who is. The show balked at a chance to bring in
>> actor LeVar Burton despite his initial enthusiasm to do so (which has
>> since waned), and it seems as though Ken Jennings won’t be the one to
>> assume full-time hosting responsibilities despite his ties
>> behind-the-scenes and popularity with the fanbase. Other options are
>> still out there, but given the alleged scrutiny Bialik is under, one
>> has to wonder what applicants will be willing to come in and not be
>> able to exercise much creative control.
>
> Creative control? What kind of creative control could their possibly be for a
> host of this game show? You stand there and read questions to contestants and
> tell them if they got the answers right or wrong. What else is there to do
> with that?

Since she's fresh from the set of one of the most successful sitcoms in
human history maybe she wanted to inject some levity. Just a hunch. I
noticed, as usual, you had nothing constructive, useful, or observant to
say.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<sn079v$4a9$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124188&group=rec.arts.tv#124188

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Why_Jeopardy_Host_Mayim_Bialik_Allegedly_Isn
’t_Fitting_In_While_Working_On_The_Game_Show
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 06:13:50 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 12:13 UTC

On 11/15/2021 10:36 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 15 November 2021 at 22:44:30 UTC-5, jdyoung wrote:
>> Probably the main reason the Mayim Bialik experiment isn't working out
>> is she isn't attractive. Looks still mean plenty when it comes to
>> television and that's one area she lacks. It she were hot, she'd be a
>> hit.
>>

>> https://www.cinemablend.com/television/why-jeopardy-host-mayim-bialik-allegedly-isnt-fitting-in-while-working-on-the-game-show?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated
>>
>> Jeopardy! Is still on the hunt for a permanent host following the
>> death of longtime quizmaster Alex Trebek, and apparently isn’t getting
>> any closer with its part-time host Mayim Bialik. The Big Bang Theory
>> actress is filling in to head up the iconic game show in the interim,
>> but according to recent reports, she isn't quite fitting in behind the
>> scenes, and doesn't mesh with the culture of the series.
>>
>> A recent report alleged that Jeopardy! staff members are divided on
>> whether or not Mayim Bialik is best suited to serve as the game show's
>> permanent host.
>
> For better or worse, hosting shows using experts or intellectuals ended in the 1960's.

Was Allen Ludden an expert in passwords then?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<161120210743184651%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124200&group=rec.arts.tv#124200

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 07:43:18 -0500
 by: A Friend - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 12:43 UTC

In article <sn079v$4a9$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
wrote:

> On 11/15/2021 10:36 PM, RichA wrote:
> > On Monday, 15 November 2021 at 22:44:30 UTC-5, jdyoung wrote:
> >> Probably the main reason the Mayim Bialik experiment isn't working out
> >> is she isn't attractive. Looks still mean plenty when it comes to
> >> television and that's one area she lacks. It she were hot, she'd be a
> >> hit.
> >>

> >> https://www.cinemablend.com/television/why-jeopardy-host-mayim-bialik-alleg
> >> edly-isnt-fitting-in-while-working-on-the-game-show?utm_source=wnd&utm_medi
> >> um=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated
> >>
> >> Jeopardy! Is still on the hunt for a permanent host following the
> >> death of longtime quizmaster Alex Trebek, and apparently isn¹t getting
> >> any closer with its part-time host Mayim Bialik. The Big Bang Theory
> >> actress is filling in to head up the iconic game show in the interim,
> >> but according to recent reports, she isn't quite fitting in behind the
> >> scenes, and doesn't mesh with the culture of the series.
> >>
> >> A recent report alleged that Jeopardy! staff members are divided on
> >> whether or not Mayim Bialik is best suited to serve as the game show's
> >> permanent host.
> >
> > For better or worse, hosting shows using experts or intellectuals ended in
> > the 1960's.
>

> Was Allen Ludden an expert in passwords then?
> LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Trebek had been ill for more than a year. Everyone knew he was
going to die, but the producers apparently didn't care to plan ahead,
despite everything. Now we're supposed to care about the ascension of
the new host as if we were talking about the papacy.

Find a host and do it now. There's a weather forecaster out there
somewhere who can do the job and pull off the look. It's just a game
show -- a well-respected and long-lived one, but it's still just a game
show.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<sn0c4q$t1b$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124212&group=rec.arts.tv#124212

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:36:26 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:36 UTC

In article <161120210743184651%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:

>Alex Trebek had been ill for more than a year. Everyone knew he was
>going to die, but the producers apparently didn't care to plan ahead,
>despite everything. Now we're supposed to care about the ascension of
>the new host as if we were talking about the papacy.
>
>Find a host and do it now. There's a weather forecaster out there
>somewhere who can do the job and pull off the look. It's just a game
>show -- a well-respected and long-lived one, but it's still just a game
>show.

They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<mAPkJ.35787$3q9.14694@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124217&group=rec.arts.tv#124217

’t_Fitting_In_While_Working_On_The_Game_Show
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 09:52:02 -0500
 by: moviePig - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 14:52 UTC

On 11/16/2021 7:43 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <sn079v$4a9$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
> wrote:

>>> For better or worse, hosting shows using experts or intellectuals ended in
>>> the 1960's.
>>

>> Was Allen Ludden an expert in passwords then?
>> LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> Alex Trebek had been ill for more than a year. Everyone knew he was
> going to die, but the producers apparently didn't care to plan ahead,
> despite everything. Now we're supposed to care about the ascension of
> the new host as if we were talking about the papacy.
>
> Find a host and do it now. There's a weather forecaster out there
> somewhere who can do the job and pull off the look. It's just a game
> show -- a well-respected and long-lived one, but it's still just a game
> show.

I'm not sure "just a game show" quite covers it. Right now, anyway, it
seems to have morphed into a national institution in the public's
perception -- e.g., able to confer a certain respectful royalty onto
very successful contestants. (And, unlike predecessors of the '50s,
it's legit...)

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<800178847.658773195.951266.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124229&group=rec.arts.tv#124229

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 09:41:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 16:41 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <161120210743184651%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
>
>> Alex Trebek had been ill for more than a year. Everyone knew he was
>> going to die, but the producers apparently didn't care to plan ahead,
>> despite everything. Now we're supposed to care about the ascension of
>> the new host as if we were talking about the papacy.
>>
>> Find a host and do it now. There's a weather forecaster out there
>> somewhere who can do the job and pull off the look. It's just a game
>> show -- a well-respected and long-lived one, but it's still just a game
>> show.
>
> They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
> Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.

I’d like to think that Bialik’s phony claims about her credentials while
selling something actual people practicing in her claimed field out an out
call “snake oil” has damaged her credibility to the point where she won’t
even be able to eat in a fast food restaurant much less work at one.

> —> Let’’ go Brandon!

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<sn11fh$kku$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124288&group=rec.arts.tv#124288

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 14:40:33 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 19:40 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> In article <161120210743184651%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:

>>> Alex Trebek had been ill for more than a year. Everyone knew he was
>>> going to die, but the producers apparently didn't care to plan ahead,
>>> despite everything. Now we're supposed to care about the ascension of
>>> the new host as if we were talking about the papacy.
>>>
>>> Find a host and do it now. There's a weather forecaster out there
>>> somewhere who can do the job and pull off the look. It's just a game
>>> show -- a well-respected and long-lived one, but it's still just a game
>>> show.
>>
>> They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
>> Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.
>
>I'd like to think that Bialik's phony claims about her credentials while
>selling something actual people practicing in her claimed field out an out
>call “snake oil” has damaged her credibility to the point where she won't
>even be able to eat in a fast food restaurant much less work at one.

Mmm, more increased brain function, please!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<1924505587.658786302.525681.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124299&group=rec.arts.tv#124299

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:16:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 20:16 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
>>> Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.
>>
>> I'd like to think that Bialik's phony claims about her credentials while
>> selling something actual people practicing in her claimed field out an out
>> call “snake oil” has damaged her credibility to the point where she won't
>> even be able to eat in a fast food restaurant much less work at one.
>
> Mmm, more increased brain function, please!

That’s the one.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<4cbce4ae-e95e-4a00-9ffa-856e259cc554n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124355&group=rec.arts.tv#124355

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 15:33:43 -0800 (PST)
_Fitting_In_While_Working_On_The_Game_Show
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 23:33 UTC

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 3:17:02 PM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> > anim...@cox.net wrote:

> >> I'd like to think that Bialik's phony claims about her credentials while
> >> selling something actual people practicing in her claimed field out an out
> >> call “snake oil” has damaged her credibility to the point where she won't
> >> even be able to eat in a fast food restaurant much less work at one.
> >
> > Mmm, more increased brain function, please!
> That’s the one.

I always wondered about that commercial...

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<d571a95b-786e-44f5-bee4-42f2442a2224n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124365&group=rec.arts.tv#124365

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 16:32:05 -0800 (PST)
_Fitting_In_While_Working_On_The_Game_Show
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 00:32 UTC

On Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 07:13:56 UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 11/15/2021 10:36 PM, RichA wrote:
> > On Monday, 15 November 2021 at 22:44:30 UTC-5, jdyoung wrote:
> >> Probably the main reason the Mayim Bialik experiment isn't working out
> >> is she isn't attractive. Looks still mean plenty when it comes to
> >> television and that's one area she lacks. It she were hot, she'd be a
> >> hit.
> >>

> >> https://www.cinemablend.com/television/why-jeopardy-host-mayim-bialik-allegedly-isnt-fitting-in-while-working-on-the-game-show?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated
> >>
> >> Jeopardy! Is still on the hunt for a permanent host following the
> >> death of longtime quizmaster Alex Trebek, and apparently isn’t getting
> >> any closer with its part-time host Mayim Bialik. The Big Bang Theory
> >> actress is filling in to head up the iconic game show in the interim,
> >> but according to recent reports, she isn't quite fitting in behind the
> >> scenes, and doesn't mesh with the culture of the series.
> >>
> >> A recent report alleged that Jeopardy! staff members are divided on
> >> whether or not Mayim Bialik is best suited to serve as the game show's
> >> permanent host.
> >
> > For better or worse, hosting shows using experts or intellectuals ended in the 1960's.
> Was Allen Ludden an expert in passwords then?
> LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Parr was far more educated than Johnny Carson, then there was Dick Cavett.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn’t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<2010486416.658802120.537967.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124369&group=rec.arts.tv#124369

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 18:02:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 01:02 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 3:17:02 PM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Mmm, more increased brain function, please!
>> That’s the one.
>
> I always wondered about that commercial...

I checked it out because I was curious about her claim of being an actual
neuroscientist or whatever it is she says. At what I found was actual
neuroscientists just damning the stuff she’s selling.

> —> Let’’ go Brandon!

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<sn1o5b$t43$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124382&group=rec.arts.tv#124382

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 02:07:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 02:07 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Nov 15, 2021 at 7:44:25 PM PST, "jdyoung" <jdyoung1@ymail.com> wrote:

>>If Mayim Bialik isn't Jeopardy!'s solution for a permanent host, one
>>might have to ask who is. The show balked at a chance to bring in
>>actor LeVar Burton despite his initial enthusiasm to do so (which has
>>since waned), and it seems as though Ken Jennings won't be the one to
>>assume full-time hosting responsibilities despite his ties
>>behind-the-scenes and popularity with the fanbase. Other options are
>>still out there, but given the alleged scrutiny Bialik is under, one
>>has to wonder what applicants will be willing to come in and not be
>>able to exercise much creative control.

>Creative control? What kind of creative control could their possibly be for a
>host of this game show? You stand there and read questions to contestants and
>tell them if they got the answers right or wrong. What else is there to do
>with that?

Vanna hasn't turned letters for decades.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn?t Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<07s8pghv4v1vorbh2glq9qoo0gdjeqnjmo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124398&group=rec.arts.tv#124398

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 19:03:35 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:03 UTC

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:36:26 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
>Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.

Yet the Price is Right has gone on longer than Jeopardy with multiple
hosts.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<sn1u4p$4o8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124408&group=rec.arts.tv#124408

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:49:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:49 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:36:26 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
>>Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.

>Yet the Price is Right has gone on longer than Jeopardy with multiple
>hosts.

I never saw the Bill Cullen version. Of course I remember Bob Barker.
Eat a fury animal.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<1670063071.658822110.431897.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124416&group=rec.arts.tv#124416

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting
In While Working On The Game Show
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 23:13:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 06:13 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:36:26 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
>>> Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.
>
>> Yet the Price is Right has gone on longer than Jeopardy with multiple
>> hosts.
>
> I never saw the Bill Cullen version. Of course I remember Bob Barker.
> Eat a fury animal.

And by that you mean Dian Parkinson?

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<171120210806455598%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124451&group=rec.arts.tv#124451

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:06:45 -0500
 by: A Friend - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 13:06 UTC

In article <sn1u4p$4o8$2@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> >On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:36:26 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> >>They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
> >>Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.
>
> >Yet the Price is Right has gone on longer than Jeopardy with multiple
> >hosts.
>
> I never saw the Bill Cullen version.

It runs occasionally on Game Show Network. The old show really has
nothing to do with the later Bob Barker version. I remember liking the
Cullen version of TPIR very much as a kid, but I think that was mostly
because of the machinery that kept track of the contestants' bids.

The show was live, of course, and once in a while the display machinery
wouldn't work, so they'd bring in a math professor from Columbia or NYU
to keep track of bids. He'd write them on a big pad that was sitting
on an easel.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<899631585.658856385.903100.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124460&group=rec.arts.tv#124460

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
In While Working On The Game Show
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:42:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 15:42 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <sn1u4p$4o8$2@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> Yet the Price is Right has gone on longer than Jeopardy with multiple
>>> hosts.
>>
>> I never saw the Bill Cullen version.
>

> It runs occasionally on Game Show Network. The old show really has
> nothing to do with the later Bob Barker version. I

Yeah, it looks just like I’ve got a secret or to tell the truth except
they’re guessing numbers instead of names.

remember liking the
> Cullen version of TPIR very much as a kid, but I think that was mostly
> because of the machinery that kept track of the contestants' bids.
>
> The show was live, of course, and once in a while the display machinery
> wouldn't work, so they'd bring in a math professor from Columbia or NYU
> to keep track of bids. He'd write them on a big pad that was sitting
> on an easel.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<sn38nj$ipc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124462&group=rec.arts.tv#124462

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 15:56:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 15:56 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>>Yet the Price is Right has gone on longer than Jeopardy with multiple
>>>hosts.

>>I never saw the Bill Cullen version.

>It runs occasionally on Game Show Network. The old show really has
>nothing to do with the later Bob Barker version. I remember liking the
>Cullen version of TPIR very much as a kid, but I think that was mostly
>because of the machinery that kept track of the contestants' bids.

>The show was live, of course, and once in a while the display machinery
>wouldn't work, so they'd bring in a math professor from Columbia or NYU
>to keep track of bids. He'd write them on a big pad that was sitting
>on an easel.

Very interesting; thank you.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<cvjapg9h1gobtj1j92gs0tuvaj7kgm5557@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124497&group=rec.arts.tv#124497

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 10:55:38 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 18:55 UTC

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:49:45 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>>On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:36:26 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>>They will never be able to replace Alex Trebeck.
>>>Cancel the show if you cannot figure that out.
>
>>Yet the Price is Right has gone on longer than Jeopardy with multiple
>>hosts.
>
>I never saw the Bill Cullen version. Of course I remember Bob Barker.
>Eat a fury animal.

Heck my parents were on Truth or Consequences back when I was a tiny
tyke in the 1950s......I'm pretty sure that was Barker's first show

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<171120211821024286%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124514&group=rec.arts.tv#124514

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 18:21:02 -0500
 by: A Friend - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 23:21 UTC

In article <cvjapg9h1gobtj1j92gs0tuvaj7kgm5557@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
<lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:49:45 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> >>Yet the Price is Right has gone on longer than Jeopardy with multiple
> >>hosts.
> >
> >I never saw the Bill Cullen version. Of course I remember Bob Barker.
> >Eat a fury animal.
>
> Heck my parents were on Truth or Consequences back when I was a tiny
> tyke in the 1950s......I'm pretty sure that was Barker's first show

Truth or Consequences was on radio for ten years before it went to TV
in 1950. Bob Barker had his own audience-participation show on KNX
radio in Los Angeles when Ralph Edwards tapped him for ToC host at the
end of 1956. He got The Price Is Right revival in 1972 because CBS
preferred him to Dennis James, whom co-producer Mark Goodman wanted.
James did get the syndicated nighttime weekly version of TPIR, which
ran for five years during the '70s.

In 1950, Ralph Edwards ran a contest to have a town rename itself Truth
or Consequences, and there was a huge amount of publicity. That's why
we (still!) have Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. (The town's maiden
name was Hot Springs. The springs that gave the town its name were not
renamed.)

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<574655161.658884833.468491.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124516&group=rec.arts.tv#124516

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
In While Working On The Game Show
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 16:45:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 23:45 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <cvjapg9h1gobtj1j92gs0tuvaj7kgm5557@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
> <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:49:45 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> I never saw the Bill Cullen version. Of course I remember Bob Barker.
>>> Eat a fury animal.
>>
>> Heck my parents were on Truth or Consequences back when I was a tiny
>> tyke in the 1950s......I'm pretty sure that was Barker's first show
>

> Truth or Consequences was on radio for ten years before it went to TV
> in 1950. Bob Barker had his own audience-participation show on KNX
> radio in Los Angeles when Ralph Edwards tapped him for ToC host at the
> end of 1956. He got The Price Is Right revival in 1972 because CBS
> preferred him to Dennis James, whom co-producer Mark Goodman wanted.
> James did get the syndicated nighttime weekly version of TPIR, which
> ran for five years during the '70s.
>
> In 1950, Ralph Edwards ran a contest to have a town rename itself Truth
> or Consequences, and there was a huge amount of publicity. That's why
> we (still!) have Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. (The town's maiden
> name was Hot Springs. The springs that gave the town its name were not
> renamed.)

I had no idea the town was named after the show.

Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While Working On The Game Show

<2QglJ.112381$IW4.4774@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124536&group=rec.arts.tv#124536

Subject: Re: Why Jeopardy Host Mayim Bialik Allegedly Isn't Fitting In While
Working On The Game Show
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 19:08:30 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 00:08 UTC

On 11/17/2021 6:45 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article <cvjapg9h1gobtj1j92gs0tuvaj7kgm5557@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
>> <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> Heck my parents were on Truth or Consequences back when I was a tiny
>>> tyke in the 1950s......I'm pretty sure that was Barker's first show
>>

>> Truth or Consequences was on radio for ten years before it went to TV
>> in 1950. Bob Barker had his own audience-participation show on KNX
>> radio in Los Angeles when Ralph Edwards tapped him for ToC host at the
>> end of 1956. He got The Price Is Right revival in 1972 because CBS
>> preferred him to Dennis James, whom co-producer Mark Goodman wanted.
>> James did get the syndicated nighttime weekly version of TPIR, which
>> ran for five years during the '70s.
>>
>> In 1950, Ralph Edwards ran a contest to have a town rename itself Truth
>> or Consequences, and there was a huge amount of publicity. That's why
>> we (still!) have Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. (The town's maiden
>> name was Hot Springs. The springs that gave the town its name were not
>> renamed.)
>>
> I had no idea the town was named after the show.

Did you have a theory of how it had gotten the name, then? I can't
think of many pleasant ones...