From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-11-03 (Wednesday)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:13:35 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:13 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> writes:

> In article
> <148852925.657725301.180550.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>> PASSAGE TO MARSEILLE
>> The survivors of a shipwreck may or may not have escaped from Devils
>> Island. I burned out halfway through this and gave up.
>
> I think there was an escape, and it was successful.

There was, and it was.

> The point of it was for them to get back to France so they could join
> the Resistance.

A redemption story and plug for Allied unity, since even convicts would
come together to fight the boche.

Probably most famous for nesting flashbacks inside other flashbacks, not
a technique I can remember being copied much elsewhere (if at all).

-Micky