The only difference between a rut and a grave is their dimensions.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Civility Project ends

SubjectAuthor
o Re: Civility Project endsmoviePig

1
Re: Civility Project ends

<fV_kJ.22421$cW6.20510@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124407&group=rec.arts.tv#124407

Subject: Re: Civility Project ends
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 22:45:14 -0500
 by: moviePig - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 03:45 UTC

On 11/3/2021 8:21 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2021 5:06:02 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> When this election is over in Virginia, we will know have we seen the emergence of the delta
>> variant of Trumpism. The delta variant of Trumpism. In other words, Youngkin same disease, but
>> spreads a lot faster and can get a lot more places.
>>
>> “That’s implying that Youngkin is more dangerous than the president – former president,” host
>> Anderson Cooper wondered. Jones responded by suggesting Youngkin was better at subtly pushing
>> racism than Trump.
>
> It's also saying any GOP who wins is the second coming of Trump.

Sadly, if they won, they likely ARE the 2nd coming of Trump...

> Which makes as much sense as suggesting any Democrat is a Bernie lover
> or a 'Tribe' lover. Which is the exact opposite of being a 'big tent
> party' which both the GOP and Dems clearly are.
>
>> He expanded on his argument by suggesting Youngkin was “playing footsie with the worst of
>> Trumpism” and was just a racist who was playing the role of a warrior for parents:
>>
>> https://www.mrctv.org/videos/cnns-van-jones-compares-youngkin-delta-variant-spreading-disease
>
> That's completely despicable particularly when a politician is being
> compared to a lethal disease. That's about as personal as it gets.
>
>> He’s putting himself forward as a champion of parent – this is a
>> referendum on parents right. But he’s not talking about, but he is
>> using all of the critical race theory head fakes and head nods,
>> which is a softer version of a very, virulent kind of anti-black
>> posture.
>>
>> “And so, I think this is a very big deal, because if this is a pathway – if you can flirt with
>> Trumpism if you can flirt with Trump and still win in the suburbs, that’s a new development
>> for us,” he cautioned.
>>
>> Jennings was up next and he wasted no time in slapping down Jones’ vile attacks by pointing
>> out how the left and the media had “demanded, asked for, begged for, pleaded for Republican
>> candidates who would not do what you just said which is, you know, embrace Trumpism and sort
>> of run the kind of races and style that he runs.”
>>
>> Adding: “So, a Republican comes along and does exactly what everybody says they want which is
>> hey let's have Republicans who don't act like Donald Trump. And you still beat them about the
>> head and neck and claim they are Donald Trump.”
>
> Exactly - damned if you do and damned if you don't. Trouble is the
> left wing of the Democratic party will be using rhetoric like this for
> the next 20 years.
>
> Bottom line is that both parties are going to fight hard to win every
> election - that's what they're there for - but there is a line and
> it's been crossed.

Yes, it's uphill for any candidate who ignores Trump like a bad dream.