Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 12:37:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: MSNBC host says trucking industry full of "aggressive" white men
who "overwhelmingly voted for Trmp"
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (JG Rove)
 by: JG Rove - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 20:37 UTC

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 1:24:14 PM UTC-6, Ubiquitous wrote:
> MSNBC host Tiffany Cross characterized the truck driving industry as
> populated by "a lot of white men" who she says "overwhelmingly voted for"
> former President Donald Trump.
>
> Cross, who is the author of Say It Louder! Black Voters, said Sunday on Cross
> Connection that she is worried because her brother is a truck driver. She
> said it "feels like a dangerous industry."
>
> Cross questioned her guest, CrossCountry Truck Driving School owner and
> president Pamela Day, about how the industry can become more "welcoming" to
> drivers of color.
>
> "This is an industry populated by a lot of white men over the age of 55,"
> Cross said. "This group of people overwhelmingly voted for Trump. Some people
> have talked about aggressive truck drivers cutting them off or not being
> helpful."
>

> MSNBC’s @TiffanyDCross: Trucking “is an industry populated by a lot of
> white men over the age of 55. This group of people overwhelmingly voted
> for Trump. Some people have talked about, you know, aggressive truck
> drivers cutting them off or not being helpful.”
> pic.twitter.com/Ob8Kg03Dwa
>
> — Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 14, 2021
>
> "So, obviously, the more populated it is with people of color I think you’ll
> see less of that," she continued. "How can you encourage people to come and
> disrupt this space when it seems a bit unwelcoming?"
>
> In her response, Day said bringing women into the industry would help close
> the gap.
>
> "Well I think just what you are doing, getting myself as a black female out
> there and letting people know, I drove more almost eight years, and yes, ran
> into lots of racism, but however was out there to do my job," Day said.
>
> "The women will be able to close this deficit if we just let them know," she
> continued.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

I remember one Goober in a dump truck who love-tapped my rear bumper at a stop light 30 years ago.
Guessing his education stopped short of integral calculus.

Re: MSNBC host says trucking industry full of "aggressive" white men who "overwhelmingly voted for Trmp"

<sn5hnc$gof$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124614&group=rec.arts.tv#124614

Followup: alt.fan.noam-chomsky
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
who "overwhelmingly voted for Trmp"
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 07:42:19 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:42 UTC

jgrove24@hotmail.com wrote:
>On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 1:24:14 PM UTC-6, Ubiquitous wrote:

>> MSNBC host Tiffany Cross characterized the truck driving industry as
>> populated by "a lot of white men" who she says "overwhelmingly voted for"
>> former President Donald Trump.
>>
>> Cross, who is the author of Say It Louder! Black Voters, said Sunday on Cross
>> Connection that she is worried because her brother is a truck driver. She
>> said it "feels like a dangerous industry."
>>
>> Cross questioned her guest, CrossCountry Truck Driving School owner and
>> president Pamela Day, about how the industry can become more "welcoming" to
>> drivers of color.
>>
>> "This is an industry populated by a lot of white men over the age of 55,"
>> Cross said. "This group of people overwhelmingly voted for Trump. Some people
>> have talked about aggressive truck drivers cutting them off or not being
>> helpful."
>>

>> MSNBC’s @TiffanyDCross: Trucking “is an industry populated by a lot of
>> white men over the age of 55. This group of people overwhelmingly voted
>> for Trump. Some people have talked about, you know, aggressive truck
>> drivers cutting them off or not being helpful.”
>> pic.twitter.com/Ob8Kg03Dwa
>>
>> — Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 14, 2021
>>
>> "So, obviously, the more populated it is with people of color I think you’ll
>> see less of that," she continued. "How can you encourage people to come and
>> disrupt this space when it seems a bit unwelcoming?"
>>
>> In her response, Day said bringing women into the industry would help close
>> the gap.
>>
>> "Well I think just what you are doing, getting myself as a black female out
>> there and letting people know, I drove more almost eight years, and yes, ran
>> into lots of racism, but however was out there to do my job," Day said.
>>
>> "The women will be able to close this deficit if we just let them know," she
>> continued.
>
> I remember one Goober in a dump truck who love-tapped my rear bumper at a
> stop light 30 years ago.
> Guessing his education stopped short of integral calculus.

Nonresponse noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
--
Let's go Brandon!