Patience is a minor form of despair, disguised as virtue. -- Ambrose Bierce, on qualifiers

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends

SubjectAuthor
* Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons endssuper70s
+* Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons endsA Friend
|`- Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons endsJG Rove
+* Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons endsAnt
|`* Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons endsAdriana Alves
| `- Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons endsUbiquitous
`- Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons endsUbiquitous

1
Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends

<super70s-FCC33E.11081917112021@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124478&group=rec.arts.tv#124478

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.simpsons
Subject: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 11:08:20 -0600
 by: super70s - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 17:08 UTC

'The Simpsons' showrunner reveals how show will end
The long-running series recently aired its milestone 700th episode
Canoe.com
Nov 16, 2021

The series finale of The Simpsons is still many years away. But with the
show hitting its stride in its current 33rd season, showrunner Al Jean
has shared his thoughts as to how the long-running animated show should
come to an end.

In an interview with Radio Times on Sunday, Jean -- who has been part of
the series since the beginning -- said: "There would be an ending where
they (the Simpsons) would be going back to the Christmas pageant from
the first episode ( Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire ), so that the
whole series was a continuous loop -- that's how I would end it, if I
had to."

The show, which debuted on Dec. 17, 1989, is the longest-running
primetime series in TV history and is credited by some with predicting
the future, including Donald Trump becoming U.S. president and the 9/11
attacks.

In March, 2020, fans pointed to a May 6, 1993, episode titled Marge in
Chains -- which featured a fictitious disease dubbed the "Osaka Flu"
that everyone contracts after an ill factory worker in Japan coughs on
boxes that are shipped to Springfield -- as proof that the series saw
the coronavirus pandemic coming.

Bill Oakley, a co-writer on the episode spoke to The Hollywood Reporter
denouncing claims that the show had predicted the pandemic.

"The idea that anyone misappropriates it to make coronavirus seem like
an Asian plot is terrible. In terms of trying to place blame on Asia --
I think that is gross," Oakley said.

Oakley went on to downplay the notion that the series acts as a
modern-day Nostradamus saying, "It's mainly just coincidence because the
episodes are so old that history repeats itself. Most of these episodes
are based on things that happened in the '60s, '70s or '80s that we knew
about."

Earlier this year, a viral Facebook post credited the show with
predicting the Jan. 6 Capitol Riots in a 1996 episode titled The Day the
Violence Died. More recently, fans claimed the show referenced the
Astroworld tragedy after digital fan art from 2018 resurfaced.

But with no end to the series in sight, Jean thinks there will be plenty
of more times fans will be able to find ways the show has had foresight
into the future.

"To be honest ... especially as we're doing really well on Disney+ ... I
don't see anybody going, 'Let's wrap it up, or figure out how to get out
of it' at the moment," he said.

After it recently celebrated its 700th episode, Jean goes on to add he
would be happy to see the show reach its 1,000th episode -- something
that won't happen until sometime in 2033.

"I'll be very happy to be here in 12 seasons' time," he said.
#

Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends

<171120211749351022%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124513&group=rec.arts.tv#124513

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.simpsons
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 17:49:35 -0500
 by: A Friend - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 22:49 UTC

In article
super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> After it recently celebrated its 700th episode, Jean goes on to add he
> would be happy to see the show reach its 1,000th episode -- something
> that won't happen until sometime in 2033.
>
> "I'll be very happy to be here in 12 seasons' time," he said.

For that matter, so would I.

Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends

<d7ednSgPZsJ1jgv8nZ2dnUU7-e2dnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124593&group=rec.arts.tv#124593

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.simpsons
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 02:50:48 -0600
 by: Ant - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 08:50 UTC

The Simpsons will outlast us! What's the exact URL for this online web article?

--
Is summer finally over? Weather, buggy and slammy life are so crazy! Being old sucks. :(
| |o o| |

Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends

<e75c4a93-236e-46d1-9184-8b1f7f0074a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124675&group=rec.arts.tv#124675

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 15:40:45 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (JG Rove)
 by: JG Rove - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 23:40 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 4:49:40 PM UTC-6, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <super70s-FCC33E...@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
> super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
> > After it recently celebrated its 700th episode, Jean goes on to add he
> > would be happy to see the show reach its 1,000th episode -- something
> > that won't happen until sometime in 2033.
> >
> > "I'll be very happy to be here in 12 seasons' time," he said.
>

> For that matter, so would I.

As long as it lets harry Shearer do an ad free podcast great.

Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends

<5c8ecf9b2bd58794145bc0a26fe717c3@185.233.81.99>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124693&group=rec.arts.tv#124693

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.simpsons
From: supervis...@oportunidadesrh11.ruprestecomunicacao.com (Adriana Alves)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 18:15:26 +0300
 by: Adriana Alves - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 15:15 UTC

In article <d7ednSgPZsJ1jgv8nZ2dnUU7-e2dnZ2d@earthlink.com>, ant@zimage.comANT wrote:

>The Simpsons will outlast us! What's the exact URL for this online web article?

https://canoe.com/entertainment/television/the-simpsons-showrunner-reveals-how-show-will-end/wcm/c681c1b2-e20a-4111-bac8-b9d978030da3

Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends

<sn847d$d5n$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124750&group=rec.arts.tv#124750

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.simpsons
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 07:10:21 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:10 UTC

super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:

>The show, which debuted on Dec. 17, 1989, is the longest-running
>primetime series in TV history and is credited by some with predicting
>the future, including Donald Trump becoming U.S. president and the 9/11
>attacks.
>
>In March, 2020, fans pointed to a May 6, 1993, episode titled Marge in
>Chains -- which featured a fictitious disease dubbed the "Osaka Flu"
>that everyone contracts after an ill factory worker in Japan coughs on
>boxes that are shipped to Springfield -- as proof that the series saw
>the coronavirus pandemic coming.

Like Nostradamus, anything you predict will come true, given enough time.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Looks like we'll all be dead before The Simpsons ends

<sn84am$d5n$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124751&group=rec.arts.tv#124751

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.simpsons
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 07:12:06 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:12 UTC

supervisaorh39310@oportunidadesrh11.ruprestecomunicacao.com wrote:
> ant@zimage.comANT wrote:

>>The Simpsons will outlast us! What's the exact URL for this online web article?
>
>https://canoe.com/entertainment/television/the-simpsons-showrunner-reveals-how-show-will-end/wcm/c681c1b2-e20a-4111-bac8-b9d978030da3

Canoe? Isn't that the Kayak.com ripoff?

--
Let's go Brandon!