From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Weapons Charge Against Rittenhouse Dismissed
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 02:30:02 -0600
<Ag9lJ.45920$SW5.33511@fx45.iad> <rjcbpghrchntga316v4f1asavc9jnl9n26@4ax.com>
<ygklJ.37428$QB1.17955@fx42.iad> <4apdpgtddi0h56a8e40l748ufc6q5erabk@4ax.com>
<pEElJ.35089$6a3.8907@fx41.iad>
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 08:30 UTC

On 11/18/2021 9:14 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 11/18/2021 6:45 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 23:03:41 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> His "crime" is that, for probably infantile motives, he embarked on a
>>> mission to make a bad situation worse.  My concern isn't that he won't
>>> be punished for it, or even that he'll ever consider doing it again.  My
>>> concern is that infantile behavior is contagious.
>>
>> In other words you are concerned about the likely backlash should he
>> be found not guilty on all counts.
>>
>> There have been numerous cases in US history when rioting occured
>> after unpopular court verdicts.
>>
>> That said convicting a man simply to avoid a riot is the definition of
>> 'mob rule'.
>
> If it matters, I'm also concerned about a 'NOT guilty' backlash...

You should be, we saw something similar with Rodney King.

Re: [OT] Weapons Charge Against Rittenhouse Dismissed

<onPlJ.19918$aY3.6514@fx21.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124760&group=rec.arts.tv#124760

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
<pEElJ.35089$6a3.8907@fx41.iad> <sn7naa$6t7$2@gioia.aioe.org>
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 10:27:15 -0500
 by: moviePig - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 15:27 UTC

On 11/19/2021 3:30 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 11/18/2021 9:14 PM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 11/18/2021 6:45 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:

>>> In other words you are concerned about the likely backlash should he
>>> be found not guilty on all counts.
>>>
>>> There have been numerous cases in US history when rioting occured
>>> after unpopular court verdicts.
>>>
>>> That said convicting a man simply to avoid a riot is the definition of
>>> 'mob rule'.
>>
>> If it matters, I'm also concerned about a 'NOT guilty' backlash...
>

> You should be, we saw something similar with Rodney King.

Yes, but I mis-typed. To clarify: I think *either* verdict perilous.

However, I suppose *everyone's* recall those earlier events may help...

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] Weapons Charge Against Rittenhouse Dismissed