From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Dave Chappelle Responds After His Old High School Disinvites Him From Speaking
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 13:37:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 18:37 UTC

Last week, Politico reported that comedian Dave Chappelle's old high school,
the Duke Ellington School of the Arts in Georgetown, quietly canceled a
fundraiser featuring "The Closer" comedian after students complained about
jokes he made regarding transgender individuals.

Two students told Politico that a "heated debate" occurred between students
and faculty when they were told to help put together an exhibition honoring
Chappelle the day of the fundraiser. The students said they were
uncomfortable since so many classmates claimed to be LGBTQ.

Hours later, Politico reported that the school reinstated the event but at a
future date, vowing to use the controversy as a "teachable moment."

"We recognize that not everyone will accept or welcome a particular artist's
point of view, product or craft, but reject the notion that a `cancel
culture' is a healthy or constructive means to teach our students how society
should balance creative freedom with protecting the right and dignity of all
of its members," the school said, according to Politico.

The school said it would hold "listening sessions" with students as well as
expand social studies to include "content related to political activism,
civic engagement, arts activism, and the intersections of race, gender, and
sexuality."

At the time, Chappelle spokesperson Carla Sims said that delaying the event
was due to Chappelle's team and the school "working on a way to make sure the
students understand what's in the special."

Last Friday, after a screening of his documentary "Untitled," Chappelle joked
about his old high school disinviting him.

"They're canceling stuff I didn't even want to do," Chappelle said, according
to the IndyStar. "If you think you're mad at me - remember, I didn't
disinvite you from anything."

Also during a 15-minute set following the screening in Indianapolis, Indiana,
Chappelle invited audience members to engage with transgender individuals on
his behalf.

"If anyone says trans people are angry at me, they are wrong," Chappelle
said. "And if you see [a trans person], buy them a coffee or lipstick or
whatever they want and tell them Dave Chappelle sent you."

The manufactured controversy surrounding Chappelle stems from jokes he made
during his latest comedy special, "The Closer."

The Washington Examiner reported on some of Chappelle's jokes in his latest
Netflix special [Warning: language]:

"Gender is a fact," Chappelle says , according to a Daily Beast report
of his sixth special on the streaming platform. "Every human being in
this room, every human being on Earth, had to pass through the legs
of a woman to be on Earth. That is a fact. Now, I am not saying that
to say trans women aren't women, I am just saying that those p*****s
that they got . you know what I mean? I'm not saying it's not p***y,
but it's Beyond P***y or Impossible P***y."

The special, which was panned by critics but loved by audiences, caused
outrage among a small group of Netflix employees, who staged a walkout and
protest against Chappelle. Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos initially defended the
streaming service's decision to keep the special. Sarandos then doubled down
on Chappelle before Netflix fired the employee who organized the walkout.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Dave Chappelle Responds After His Old High School Disinvites Him From Speaking

<20211119185646@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124893&group=rec.arts.tv#124893

From: rogbl...@iname.invalid (Roger Blake)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dave Chappelle Responds After His Old High School Disinvites
Him From Speaking
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 23:59:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Roger Blake - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 23:59 UTC

On 2021-11-19, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Last week, Politico reported that comedian Dave Chappelle's old high school,
> the Duke Ellington School of the Arts in Georgetown, quietly canceled a
> fundraiser featuring "The Closer" comedian after students complained about
> jokes he made regarding transgender individuals.

Those idiot stew-dent snowflakes would probably have strokes if they saw
some of Chappelles old skits like "Clayton Bigsby, black white supremacist",
etc.

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
There is no "climate crisis" -- https://climatedepot.com
Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com

Re: Dave Chappelle Responds After His Old High School Disinvites Him From Speaking

<2f8ad2bf-692d-4113-9160-fa91292d2a17n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124903&group=rec.arts.tv#124903

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 16:39:23 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 00:39 UTC

On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 13:37:45 UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Last week, Politico reported that comedian Dave Chappelle's old high school,
> the Duke Ellington School of the Arts in Georgetown, quietly canceled a
> fundraiser featuring "The Closer" comedian after students complained about
> jokes he made regarding transgender individuals.
>
> Two students told Politico that a "heated debate" occurred between students
> and faculty when they were told to help put together an exhibition honoring
> Chappelle the day of the fundraiser. The students said they were
> uncomfortable since so many classmates claimed to be LGBTQ.
>
> Hours later, Politico reported that the school reinstated the event but at a
> future date, vowing to use the controversy as a "teachable moment."
>
> "We recognize that not everyone will accept or welcome a particular artist's
> point of view, product or craft, but reject the notion that a `cancel
> culture' is a healthy or constructive means to teach our students how society
> should balance creative freedom with protecting the right and dignity

What "right" are they talking about?

Re: Dave Chappelle Responds After His Old High School Disinvites Him From Speaking

<21606315-7c01-404f-a598-0dc700916532n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124906&group=rec.arts.tv#124906

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 16:42:47 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 00:42 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 1:37:45 PM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Last week, Politico reported that comedian Dave Chappelle's old high school,
> the Duke Ellington School of the Arts in Georgetown, quietly canceled a
> fundraiser featuring "The Closer" comedian after students complained about
> jokes he made

The Duke Ellington School of the Arts, is a high school located at 35th Street and R Street, Northwest, Washington, D.C., and dedicated to arts education. One of the high schools of the District of Columbia Public School system, it is named for the American jazz bandleader and composer Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington , himself a native of Washington, D.C.

Duke Ellington School of the Arts Will Still Name Its Theater After Dave Chappelle
https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/11/12/duke-ellington-school-of-the-arts-will-still-name-its-theater-after-dave-chappelle/

"You know, I learned something This is a wild story. I learned this past Juneteenth of a story, this is true. And it’s that there was a Black man who was in South Carolina during slavery who somehow got granted his freedom by his so-called master. And when his master granted him the freedom he also gave him a plot of land. Now it turns out, this brother was brilliant. He had a good eye, good knack for farming. And he farmed this plot of land very successfully and made a lot of money, and this is where the story gets crazy. When he got all that money… this n*gga brought some slaves. Have you ever heard this before? This is a true story. Not only was he a slave owner, he became a slave breeder. And employed tactics that were so cruel even White slave owners were like, “Yo, my man.” He was a wild dude, but he did it just because that’s what successful people did at the time. He just wanted to be down, what a fuckin’ tragedy. How can a person that went through slavery perpetuate the same evil on a person that looks just like him. It’s mind blowing. And shockingly, they’re making a movie about him. Ironically… it is called Space Jews."

Dave Chappelle, The Closer, October 2021

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/hZgj-CiLyXE/m/fQgjocKYAwAJ

Re: Dave Chappelle Responds After His Old High School Disinvites Him From Speaking

<848bd5fb-f9aa-43ce-8f4b-19e46a2a04a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124908&group=rec.arts.tv#124908

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 16:54:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Dave Chappelle Responds After His Old High School Disinvites Him
From Speaking
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 00:54 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 7:42:50 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 1:37:45 PM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> > Last week, Politico reported that comedian Dave Chappelle's old high school,
> > the Duke Ellington School of the Arts in Georgetown, quietly canceled a
> > fundraiser featuring "The Closer" comedian after students complained about
> > jokes he made

> "You know, I learned something This is a wild story. I learned this past Juneteenth of a story, this is true. And it’s that there was a Black man who was in South Carolina during slavery who somehow got granted his freedom by his so-called master. And when his master granted him the freedom he also gave him a plot of land. Now it turns out, this brother was brilliant. He had a good eye, good knack for farming. And he farmed this plot of land very successfully and made a lot of money, and this is where the story gets crazy. When he got all that money… this n*gga brought some slaves. Have you ever heard this before? This is a true story. Not only was he a slave owner, he became a slave breeder. And employed tactics that were so cruel even White slave owners were like, “Yo, my man.” He was a wild dude, but he did it just because that’s what successful people did at the time. He just wanted to be down, what a fuckin’ tragedy. How can a person that went through slavery perpetuate the same evil on a person that looks just like him. It’s mind blowing. And shockingly, they’re making a movie about him. Ironically… it is called Space Jews."
>
> Dave Chappelle, The Closer, October 2021

"We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone."
https://www.google.com/search?q=we+have+never+been+slaves+to+anyone

Gaza: The world's largest open-air prison
https://www.google.com/search?q=Gaza+open-air+prison

TAGS: see dave run, see dave do metaphor

Re: Dave Chappelle Responds After His Old High School Disinvites Him From Speaking

<3fb338f6-c735-4243-a42e-36ed6392d8dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=124910&group=rec.arts.tv#124910

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 17:12:54 -0800 (PST)
From Speaking
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 01:12 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 7:54:20 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 7:42:50 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> > On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 1:37:45 PM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> > > Last week, Politico reported that comedian Dave Chappelle

> > "You know, I learned something This is a wild story. I learned this past Juneteenth of a story, this is true. And it’s that there was a Black man who was in South Carolina during slavery who somehow got granted his freedom by his so-called master. And when his master granted him the freedom he also gave him a plot of land. Now it turns out, this brother was brilliant. He had a good eye, good knack for farming. And he farmed this plot of land very successfully and made a lot of money, and this is where the story gets crazy. When he got all that money… this n*gga brought some slaves. Have you ever heard this before? This is a true story. Not only was he a slave owner, he became a slave breeder. And employed tactics that were so cruel even White slave owners were like, “Yo, my man.” He was a wild dude, but he did it just because that’s what successful people did at the time. He just wanted to be down, what a fuckin’ tragedy. How can a person that went through slavery perpetuate the same evil on a person that looks just like him. It’s mind blowing. And shockingly, they’re making a movie about him. Ironically… it is called Space Jews."

> > Dave Chappelle, The Closer, October 2021
> "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone."
> https://www.google.com/search?q=we+have+never+been+slaves+to+anyone

> Gaza: The world's largest open-air prison
> https://www.google.com/search?q=Gaza+open-air+prison

“In my movie idea, we find out that these aliens are originally from earth — that they’re from an ancient civilization that achieved interstellar travel and left the earth thousands of years ago. Some other planet they go to, and things go terrible for them on the other planet, so they come back to earth, (and) decide that they want to claim the earth for their very own. It’s a pretty good plot line, huh? I call it Space Jews.”

TAGS: brilliant, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sovVYInjHjw , bookends