Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 23:14:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Tips on getting a gun license in Canada:
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 07:14 UTC

1. Don't have a criminal record.
2. Do not start fights with people over nothing, never instigate.
3. Never assault women and only men if endangered.
4. Learn how to handle ALL legal weapons, not just the ones you want to buy.
5. Do not threaten anyone. Most threats are pointless anyway, so why waste the energy?
6. Live in a non-"crime-ridden" area of a city. I kid you not, you WILL be turned-down in you live in a "bad" area, even if you are law-abiding.
7. Obey range master commands using a gun. You do not need a license to go to a range and shoot under supervision.
8. Show you have the ability to store guns safely.
9. Do not have any psychiatric issues. If you go to a psychiatrist or take anti-psychotics, you probably won't be granted a license.
10. Do not talk about "home defense" or "fear" of robbery as a reason why you need a gun.
11. Do not stalk people, surveil them or harass them.
12. Get the gun rules books (rifles AND handguns) and learn them.
13. Get high marks in firearms training class. Be respectful of the trainers, many are ex-RCMP or cops.
14. Don't joke in training about any aspect of firearm handling.
15. Do not talk about anything illegal when it comes to firearms, like
silencers or illegal weapons.
16. Do not frequent questionable websites like radical leftist, rightist or Jihadist websites.
17. Do not have public spats with any family member. Only white trash do that anyway.
18. Do not get into arguments with ANY peace officers. If you get a traffic ticket, discuss it but don't get angry. Go to court if you feel you've been wronged.
19. Be attentive in firearms class as the people teaching you will grade you as well and their word is law.
20. Do not carry weapons in your car prior to getting a license. You don't want to be pulled over at a traffic stop and they find a machete in your car.
21. Abide by all traffic laws. Do not get enraged if you get into a traffic accident.
22. Do not live with anyone with a mental, drug or alcohol problem or a felony criminal record.
23. If you are challenged by any past deed, take ownership, and assure the interviewing officer that it was in the past.

Re: Tips on getting a gun license in Canada:

<qN9mJ.57182$SW5.52954@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125038&group=rec.arts.tv#125038

Subject: Re: Tips on getting a gun license in Canada:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 11:56:52 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 16:56 UTC

On 11/20/2021 2:14 AM, RichA wrote:
> 1. Don't have a criminal record.
> 2. Do not start fights with people over nothing, never instigate.
> 3. Never assault women and only men if endangered.
> 4. Learn how to handle ALL legal weapons, not just the ones you want to buy.
> 5. Do not threaten anyone. Most threats are pointless anyway, so why waste the energy?
> 6. Live in a non-"crime-ridden" area of a city. I kid you not, you WILL be turned-down in you live in a "bad" area, even if you are law-abiding.
> 7. Obey range master commands using a gun. You do not need a license to go to a range and shoot under supervision.
> 8. Show you have the ability to store guns safely.
> 9. Do not have any psychiatric issues. If you go to a psychiatrist or take anti-psychotics, you probably won't be granted a license.
> 10. Do not talk about "home defense" or "fear" of robbery as a reason why you need a gun.
> 11. Do not stalk people, surveil them or harass them.
> 12. Get the gun rules books (rifles AND handguns) and learn them.
> 13. Get high marks in firearms training class. Be respectful of the trainers, many are ex-RCMP or cops.
> 14. Don't joke in training about any aspect of firearm handling.
> 15. Do not talk about anything illegal when it comes to firearms, like
> silencers or illegal weapons.
> 16. Do not frequent questionable websites like radical leftist, rightist or Jihadist websites.
> 17. Do not have public spats with any family member. Only white trash do that anyway.
> 18. Do not get into arguments with ANY peace officers. If you get a traffic ticket, discuss it but don't get angry. Go to court if you feel you've been wronged.
> 19. Be attentive in firearms class as the people teaching you will grade you as well and their word is law.
> 20. Do not carry weapons in your car prior to getting a license. You don't want to be pulled over at a traffic stop and they find a machete in your car.
> 21. Abide by all traffic laws. Do not get enraged if you get into a traffic accident.
> 22. Do not live with anyone with a mental, drug or alcohol problem or a felony criminal record.
> 23. If you are challenged by any past deed, take ownership, and assure the interviewing officer that it was in the past.

What's your point?