From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: ques re: an MTM episode where... Mary and Lou hitch up
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 06:08:41 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 06:08 UTC

I half, or a quarter.. recall it, but don't
remember the ending.

Mary and Lou are a couple of decades older than
they appear during the normal show.

Mary, who's shuffling a bit, asks Lou how
come he never hit on her.

He replies that when he first met her, he
thought of her as his dughter, so hands off.

Then later, as his sister, so hands off.

And now... as his mother!

Whereupon Mary grumbles "like your mother!!!",
rips off her shawl or somesuch, and the
two of them head off into the sunset.

Anyone recall the episode and perhaps
some more details?

Thanks

dannyb@panix.com

Re: ques re: an MTM episode where... Mary and Lou hitch up

<4d4cba50-9ee7-4fb5-aa8c-63d22e1461b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125293&group=rec.arts.tv#125293

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 22:22:49 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 06:22 UTC

On Sunday, 21 November 2021 at 01:08:47 UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:
> I half, or a quarter.. recall it, but don't
> remember the ending.
>
> Mary and Lou are a couple of decades older than
> they appear during the normal show.
>
> Mary, who's shuffling a bit, asks Lou how
> come he never hit on her.
>
> He replies that when he first met her, he
> thought of her as his dughter, so hands off.
>
> Then later, as his sister, so hands off.
>
> And now... as his mother!
>
> Whereupon Mary grumbles "like your mother!!!",
> rips off her shawl or somesuch, and the
> two of them head off into the sunset.
>
> Anyone recall the episode and perhaps
> some more details?
>
> Thanks
I just remember one good line from the show. Lou tells Mary some newsguy got fired because he made a pass at some exec's wife.
She tells him, "Oh it was party and how can he get fired for being out of line where a lot of alcohol was being served?"
Then Lou says, "This was a completed pass."

Re: ques re: an MTM episode where... Mary and Lou hitch up

<K6adnes8hO0gwwf8nZ2dnUU7-SnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125360&group=rec.arts.tv#125360

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: rkm...@nowhere.com (Richard)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 09:59:16 -0500
 by: Richard - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 14:59 UTC

I don't remember very much about the episode,
but I think it might have been this one.
From: http://jyanet.com/mtm/season7.htm :

165 Mary's Three Husbands
Murray, Ted and Lou fantasize about being married to Mary. (This is the
only episode where "dream sequences" are used, and one of the few 'What
if?' episodes bringing the show to a close)

On 11/21/21 1:08 AM, danny burstein wrote:
> I half, or a quarter.. recall it, but don't
> remember the ending.
>
> Mary and Lou are a couple of decades older than
> they appear during the normal show.
>
> Mary, who's shuffling a bit, asks Lou how
> come he never hit on her.
>
> He replies that when he first met her, he
> thought of her as his dughter, so hands off.
>
> Then later, as his sister, so hands off.
>
> And now... as his mother!
>
> Whereupon Mary grumbles "like your mother!!!",
> rips off her shawl or somesuch, and the
> two of them head off into the sunset.
>
> Anyone recall the episode and perhaps
> some more details?
>
> Thanks

> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
>              dannyb@panix.com
> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Re: ques re: an MTM episode where... Mary and Lou hitch up

<sndulm$v4$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125396&group=rec.arts.tv#125396

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 17:12:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 17:12 UTC

In <K6adnes8hO0gwwf8nZ2dnUU7-SnNnZ2d@giganews.com> Richard <rkm@nowhere.com> writes:

>I don't remember very much about the episode,
>but I think it might have been this one.
>From: http://jyanet.com/mtm/season7.htm :

>165 Mary's Three Husbands
>Murray, Ted and Lou fantasize about being married to Mary. (This is the
>only episode where "dream sequences" are used, and one of the few 'What
>if?' episodes bringing the show to a close)

Thanks. That seems to be it.

dannyb@panix.com