I'm sorry if the correct way of doing things offends you.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Rhino
+* Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Adam H. Kerman
|+- Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Rhino
|`- Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?RichA
+* Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?shawn
|+* Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?moviePig
||`- Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Ubiquitous
|`- Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Rhino
`* Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Ubiquitous
 `* Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Rhino
  `* Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Ubiquitous
   +* Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Rhino
   |`* Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Ubiquitous
   | `- Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?Rhino
   `- Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?anim8rfsk

1
[OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<snbl5g$tm9$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125148&group=rec.arts.tv#125148

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:17:52 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 20:17 UTC

Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
hide such eruptions if they took place....

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<snbrfd$47q$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125185&group=rec.arts.tv#125185

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 22:05:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 22:05 UTC

>Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
>celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
>other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
>seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
>hide such eruptions if they took place....

There were several prominent retail stores broken into then looted in
Chicago Friday evening. The news story in the Trib had the comment that
whether it was related to the verdict was unknown.

That was completely unprofessional.

Plenty of violence in Chicago after the verdict but nothing comparable
to the George Floyd crap.

I'd say there were a handful of protests and nothing to note.

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<r8sipg9jsbcpj9ue2bdb5nvui2fnlo38lf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125188&group=rec.arts.tv#125188

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 17:10:56 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 22:10 UTC

On Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:17:52 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
>celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
>other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
>seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
>hide such eruptions if they took place....

I haven't heard of any. Only city I know that had major issues was in
the Netherlands, but that was due to protests over Covid partial
lockdowns. Much like in the USA there were vehicles being set on fire
and general destruction of property.

https://nltimes.nl/2021/11/20/gunshots-injured-two-rotterdam-riot-51-arrested-total

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/rotterdam-mayor-slams-violent-covid-19-protests-scores-arrested-2021-11-20/

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<GGemJ.38521$6a3.38320@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125191&group=rec.arts.tv#125191

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 17:31:02 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 22:31 UTC

On 11/20/2021 5:10 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:17:52 -0500, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
>> celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
>> other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
>> seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
>> hide such eruptions if they took place....
>
> I haven't heard of any. Only city I know that had major issues was in
> the Netherlands, but that was due to protests over Covid partial
> lockdowns. Much like in the USA there were vehicles being set on fire
> and general destruction of property.
>
> https://nltimes.nl/2021/11/20/gunshots-injured-two-rotterdam-riot-51-arrested-total
>
> https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/rotterdam-mayor-slams-violent-covid-19-protests-scores-arrested-2021-11-20/

Huh. I didn't know Holland had so many angry black thugs...

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<27d2b438-f780-444e-a654-405ba74aab90n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125211&group=rec.arts.tv#125211

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:40:56 -0800 (PST)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 23:40 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 3:17:56 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:

> Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
> celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
> other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
> seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
> hide such eruptions if they took place....

I am not aware of any riots^Wpeaceful protests, but it would not
surprise me if the liberal media didn't bother to cover it, since they
wouldn't want Resident Joke Biden looking bad...

-
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<snc2ue$4n8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125222&group=rec.arts.tv#125222

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 19:12:59 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 00:12 UTC

On 2021-11-20 5:05 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
>> celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
>> other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
>> seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
>> hide such eruptions if they took place....
>
> There were several prominent retail stores broken into then looted in
> Chicago Friday evening. The news story in the Trib had the comment that
> whether it was related to the verdict was unknown.
>
> That was completely unprofessional.
>
> Plenty of violence in Chicago after the verdict but nothing comparable
> to the George Floyd crap.

Couldn't you say that for just about ANY day in Chicago? ;-)

> I'd say there were a handful of protests and nothing to note.

Interesting. I still remember comments just before the 2008 election
where people were predicting riots regardless of the outcome: blacks
would riot if Obama lost since he seemed the clear favourite and whites
would riot if he won since they'd be in a racist fury. I saw comparable
predictions for the Rittenhouse verdict....

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<snc350$4n8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125223&group=rec.arts.tv#125223

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 19:16:31 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 00:16 UTC

On 2021-11-20 5:10 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:17:52 -0500, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
>> celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
>> other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
>> seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
>> hide such eruptions if they took place....
>
> I haven't heard of any. Only city I know that had major issues was in
> the Netherlands, but that was due to protests over Covid partial
> lockdowns. Much like in the USA there were vehicles being set on fire
> and general destruction of property.
>
> https://nltimes.nl/2021/11/20/gunshots-injured-two-rotterdam-riot-51-arrested-total
>
> https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/rotterdam-mayor-slams-violent-covid-19-protests-scores-arrested-2021-11-20/

I didn't see anything to suggest the Dutch were concerned one way or the
other about Rittenhouse....

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<snc3c8$72s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125225&group=rec.arts.tv#125225

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 19:20:22 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 00:20 UTC

On 2021-11-20 6:40 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 3:17:56 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
>
>> Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
>> celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
>> other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
>> seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
>> hide such eruptions if they took place....
>
> I am not aware of any riots^Wpeaceful protests, but it would not
> surprise me if the liberal media didn't bother to cover it, since they
> wouldn't want Resident Joke Biden looking bad...

You've got a point there. I was initially looking at it differently and
thinking it was an opportunity to show that "America" (or at least the
"progressives" who are seen - at least by themselves and their media
allies - as the good and virtuous half of the country were outraged by
the "travesty" of a "white supremacist" who got away with murder.

But even Biden moderated his tone and urged people to accept the verdict
despite their anger which may have made a difference.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<SISdnX7VCPrWPgT8nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125241&group=rec.arts.tv#125241

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 20:39:03 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 01:39 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
> On 2021-11-20 6:40 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 3:17:56 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:

>>> Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
>>> celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
>>> other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
>>> seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
>>> hide such eruptions if they took place....
>>
>> I am not aware of any riots^Wpeaceful protests, but it would not
>> surprise me if the liberal media didn't bother to cover it, since they
>> wouldn't want Resident Joke Biden looking bad...
>
>You've got a point there. I was initially looking at it differently and
>thinking it was an opportunity to show that "America" (or at least the
>"progressives" who are seen - at least by themselves and their media
>allies - as the good and virtuous half of the country were outraged by
>the "travesty" of a "white supremacist" who got away with murder.
>
>But even Biden moderated his tone and urged people to accept the verdict
>despite their anger which may have made a difference.

Has Resident Joke Biden chnaged his mind again?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<sncam9$e2d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125248&group=rec.arts.tv#125248

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 21:25:12 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 02:25 UTC

On 2021-11-20 8:39 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>>> I am not aware of any riots^Wpeaceful protests, but it would not
>>> surprise me if the liberal media didn't bother to cover it, since they
>>> wouldn't want Resident Joke Biden looking bad...
>>
>> You've got a point there. I was initially looking at it differently and
>> thinking it was an opportunity to show that "America" (or at least the
>> "progressives" who are seen - at least by themselves and their media
>> allies - as the good and virtuous half of the country were outraged by
>> the "travesty" of a "white supremacist" who got away with murder.
>>
>> But even Biden moderated his tone and urged people to accept the verdict
>> despite their anger which may have made a difference.
>
> Has Resident Joke Biden chnaged his mind again?

Here is a short excerpt from one article about the verdict:

Then presidential candidate Biden called Rittenhouse a “white
supremacist” while campaigning. After the verdict was announced, Biden
stated, “I stand by what the jury has concluded,” but added that he is
“angry and concerned.”

Rhino

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<1780196364.659161420.531999.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125275&group=rec.arts.tv#125275

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 21:25:12 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 04:25 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>>> I am not aware of any riots^Wpeaceful protests, but it would not
>>> surprise me if the liberal media didn't bother to cover it, since they
>>> wouldn't want Resident Joke Biden looking bad...
>>
>> You've got a point there. I was initially looking at it differently and
>> thinking it was an opportunity to show that "America" (or at least the
>> "progressives" who are seen - at least by themselves and their media
>> allies - as the good and virtuous half of the country were outraged by
>> the "travesty" of a "white supremacist" who got away with murder.
>>
>> But even Biden moderated his tone and urged people to accept the verdict
>> despite their anger which may have made a difference.
>
> Has Resident Joke Biden chnaged his mind again?

I hope so; the one he’s got now is dirty.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<Wb2dnUROeuZ-RQT8nZ2dnUU7-K-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125286&group=rec.arts.tv#125286

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 00:27:43 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 05:27 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
>On 2021-11-20 8:39 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

>> Has Resident Joke Biden chnaged his mind again?
>
>Here is a short excerpt from one article about the verdict:

>Then presidential candidate Biden called Rittenhouse a “white
>supremacist” while campaigning. After the verdict was announced, Biden
>stated, “I stand by what the jury has concluded,” but added that he is
>“angry and concerned.”

Ah, minutes after saying that, his handlers sent him out with another
statement contradicting it.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<Wb2dnUdOeubcRAT8nZ2dnUU7-K-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125287&group=rec.arts.tv#125287

Followup: soc.politics
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Followup-to: soc.politics
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 00:28:53 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 05:28 UTC

In article <GGemJ.38521$6a3.38320@fx41.iad>, pwallace@moviepig.com wrote:
> On 11/20/2021 5:10 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:17:52 -0500, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
>>> celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
>>> other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
>>> seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
>>> hide such eruptions if they took place....
>>
>> I haven't heard of any. Only city I know that had major issues was in
>> the Netherlands, but that was due to protests over Covid partial
>> lockdowns. Much like in the USA there were vehicles being set on fire
>> and general destruction of property.
>
>Huh. I didn't know Holland had so many angry black thugs...

Wow.
Racist, much?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<snd68j$lji$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125329&group=rec.arts.tv#125329

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 05:15:46 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 10:15 UTC

On 2021-11-21 12:27 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
>> On 2021-11-20 8:39 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>>> Has Resident Joke Biden chnaged his mind again?
>>
>> Here is a short excerpt from one article about the verdict:

>> Then presidential candidate Biden called Rittenhouse a “white
>> supremacist” while campaigning. After the verdict was announced, Biden
>> stated, “I stand by what the jury has concluded,” but added that he is
>> “angry and concerned.”
>
> Ah, minutes after saying that, his handlers sent him out with another
> statement contradicting it.

So now he's encouraging people to go out and riot?

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] How bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict?

<c46065e0-a67c-452d-96e1-4b411d42f2e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=125332&group=rec.arts.tv#125332

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 02:45:02 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 10:45 UTC

On Saturday, 20 November 2021 at 17:05:37 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
>
> >Aside from the predictable and asinine remarks of the pundits and
> >celebrities, how bad was the reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict? In
> >other words, how many cities went up in flames last night? I'm not
> >seeing anything in my Google news feed and I wouldn't expect them to
> >hide such eruptions if they took place....
> There were several prominent retail stores broken into then looted in
> Chicago Friday evening.

Yes, because stealing a TV goes a long way to helping the course of justice for anarchists...