Don't worry -- the brontosaurus is slow, stupid, and placid.

arts / rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st / Re: cliff hangers~

SubjectAuthor
* cliff hangers~Lucretia Borgia
`* Re: cliff hangers~kat
 +* Re: cliff hangers~Lucretia Borgia
 |`* Re: cliff hangers~kat
 | `* Re: cliff hangers~Lucretia Borgia
 |  +- Re: cliff hangers~kat
 |  `- Re: cliff hangers~James Heaton
 `* Re: cliff hangers~Calvin Henry-Cotnam
  `- Re: cliff hangers~kat

1
cliff hangers~

<rahiaghs4be6v3h6uus7kgppgc7klm07hr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1249&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1249

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: cliff hangers~
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 14:58:07 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Sat, 22 May 2021 17:58 UTC

Here they do a double episode on Fridays. I elect not to watch both
then and save one for Saturday so I only have one Corrie-less day per
week. Glad I do that as now I only have to wait until Monday to see
whether both Nina and Seb make it okay :(

Re: cliff hangers~

<igt8brF6mkjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1250&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1250

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: cliff hangers~
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 21:37:13 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 22 May 2021 20:37 UTC

On 22/05/2021 18:58, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> Here they do a double episode on Fridays. I elect not to watch both
> then and save one for Saturday so I only have one Corrie-less day per
> week. Glad I do that as now I only have to wait until Monday to see
> whether both Nina and Seb make it okay :(

Often on a Friday we get one episode, an hour long, unlike the Monday and
Wednesday ones, which are 2 spearated half hour episodes. I assume when we do
they must split the Friday one in half for you.

Won't say anything about what happened to Seb and Nina, but part of the action
you have to come soon now includes a scene where a hand double has been used.
The fun of Covid!

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: cliff hangers~

<m4riagdg18cqfto9e83ilovqsd25vl8vuo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1251&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1251

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 17:42:37 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Sat, 22 May 2021 20:42 UTC

On Sat, 22 May 2021 21:37:13 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 22/05/2021 18:58, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> Here they do a double episode on Fridays. I elect not to watch both
>> then and save one for Saturday so I only have one Corrie-less day per
>> week. Glad I do that as now I only have to wait until Monday to see
>> whether both Nina and Seb make it okay :(
>>

>Often on a Friday we get one episode, an hour long, unlike the Monday and
>Wednesday ones, which are 2 spearated half hour episodes. I assume when we do
>they must split the Friday one in half for you.
>
>Won't say anything about what happened to Seb and Nina, but part of the action
>you have to come soon now includes a scene where a hand double has been used.
>The fun of Covid!

I'll keep my eyes on the screen, not the knitting :)

Re: cliff hangers~

<igus8eFg1tsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1252&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1252

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 12:22:53 +0100
 by: kat - Sun, 23 May 2021 11:22 UTC

On 22/05/2021 21:42, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2021 21:37:13 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 22/05/2021 18:58, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>> Here they do a double episode on Fridays. I elect not to watch both
>>> then and save one for Saturday so I only have one Corrie-less day per
>>> week. Glad I do that as now I only have to wait until Monday to see
>>> whether both Nina and Seb make it okay :(
>>>

>> Often on a Friday we get one episode, an hour long, unlike the Monday and
>> Wednesday ones, which are 2 spearated half hour episodes. I assume when we do
>> they must split the Friday one in half for you.
>>
>> Won't say anything about what happened to Seb and Nina, but part of the action
>> you have to come soon now includes a scene where a hand double has been used.
>> The fun of Covid!
>
> I'll keep my eyes on the screen, not the knitting :)

Do! Did you spot the Tyrone and Alina substitution a little while back? There
was some very clever filming as well.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: cliff hangers~

<20210523-153522.31.0@Calvin-Henry-Cotnam.newsfeed.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1253&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1253

From: cal...@remove.daxack.ca (Calvin Henry-Cotnam)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 11:35:22 -0400
 by: Calvin Henry-Cotnam - Sun, 23 May 2021 15:35 UTC

kat (littlelionne@hotmail.com) said...

>Often on a Friday we get one episode, an hour long, unlike the Monday and
>Wednesday ones, which are 2 spearated half hour episodes. I assume when
>we do they must split the Friday one in half for you.

With the current timing for episodes, the double episodes that the CBC
airs on Fridays happen to consist of the second Wednesday episode aired
on ITV two weeks earlier followed by the first half hour (or first
episode) aired on a Friday on ITV.

I feel for those watching on the CBC. For example, the hour long episode
on ITV had the first half hour ending with a cliff hanger (I won't give
it away here for those who haven't seen it yet). This will air on the
CBC as the second of two episodes on Friday June 4 (the first was the
second ITV episode this past Wednesday, May 19).

CBC viewers will be left hanging until Monday June 7 when they will get
to see the second half hour from ITV's Friday May 21 episode.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"Unusual or extreme reactions to events caused by negligence

Re: cliff hangers~

<fh7lagdktbncjlnjf9eed0ta456eh5gdl6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1254&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1254

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 15:25:56 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Sun, 23 May 2021 18:25 UTC

On Sun, 23 May 2021 12:22:53 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 22/05/2021 21:42, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 May 2021 21:37:13 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Often on a Friday we get one episode, an hour long, unlike the Monday and
>>> Wednesday ones, which are 2 spearated half hour episodes. I assume when we do
>>> they must split the Friday one in half for you.
>>>
>>> Won't say anything about what happened to Seb and Nina, but part of the action
>>> you have to come soon now includes a scene where a hand double has been used.
>>> The fun of Covid!
>>
>> I'll keep my eyes on the screen, not the knitting :)
>>

>Do! Did you spot the Tyrone and Alina substitution a little while back? There
>was some very clever filming as well.

No, I didn't, thought it was the same old Alina :(

Re: cliff hangers~

<igvs1dFm3mdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1255&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1255

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 21:25:14 +0100
 by: kat - Sun, 23 May 2021 20:25 UTC

On 23/05/2021 19:25, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sun, 23 May 2021 12:22:53 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 22/05/2021 21:42, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>> I'll keep my eyes on the screen, not the knitting :)
>>>

>> Do! Did you spot the Tyrone and Alina substitution a little while back? There
>> was some very clever filming as well.
>
> No, I didn't, thought it was the same old Alina :(

They used the real actors while they were talking on a bench, but they actually
filmed them separately as they were otherwise too close together. I gather they
used a pair of sunglassses ( or something like that ) held at the level of the
missing one's eyes so they knew where to look!

But when the two leaned in to kiss "Tyrone" was a regular stand-in for the show,
and "Alina" was his real life girlfriend.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: cliff hangers~

<igvs46Fm3mdU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1256&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1256

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 21:26:45 +0100
 by: kat - Sun, 23 May 2021 20:26 UTC

On 23/05/2021 16:35, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
> kat (littlelionne@hotmail.com) said...
>>
>> Often on a Friday we get one episode, an hour long, unlike the Monday and
>> Wednesday ones, which are 2 spearated half hour episodes. I assume when
>> we do they must split the Friday one in half for you.
>
> With the current timing for episodes, the double episodes that the CBC
> airs on Fridays happen to consist of the second Wednesday episode aired
> on ITV two weeks earlier followed by the first half hour (or first
> episode) aired on a Friday on ITV.
>
> I feel for those watching on the CBC. For example, the hour long episode
> on ITV had the first half hour ending with a cliff hanger (I won't give
> it away here for those who haven't seen it yet). This will air on the
> CBC as the second of two episodes on Friday June 4 (the first was the
> second ITV episode this past Wednesday, May 19).
>
> CBC viewers will be left hanging until Monday June 7 when they will get
> to see the second half hour from ITV's Friday May 21 episode.

At least Lucretia wil have a shorter wait, just like this week!

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: cliff hangers~

<s8edvl$149u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1257&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1257

From: heatonan...@gmail.com.invalid (James Heaton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 21:22:42 +0100
 by: James Heaton - Sun, 23 May 2021 20:22 UTC

"Lucretia Borgia" <lucretiaborgia@fl.it> wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 May 2021 12:22:53 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On 22/05/2021 21:42, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>> I'll keep my eyes on the screen, not the knitting :)
>>>

>>Do! Did you spot the Tyrone and Alina substitution a little while back?
>>There
>>was some very clever filming as well.
>
> No, I didn't, thought it was the same old Alina :(

They subbed both with a real life couple who could kiss without problems.

The woman was a good match for Alina so they arranged the positions so she
was in the foreground.

The man was rather slim for Tyrone but you didn't notice too much with the
clever positioning.

BTW I've emailed David on his personal email but not heard anything back
yet. I hope he's ok.

James