Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: a long long time ago...

SubjectAuthor
* a long long time ago...Ignis Fatuus
+* a long long time ago...Your Name
|+* a long long time ago...Daniel65
||`* a long long time ago...Blueshirt
|| `- a long long time ago...Daniel65
|`* a long long time ago...Daniel65
| +- a long long time ago...Daniel65
| `* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|  +- a long long time ago...The Last Doctor
|  `* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|   +- a long long time ago...%
|   `* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|    `* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|     +- a long long time ago...Idlehands
|     `* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|      +- a long long time ago...Idlehands
|      +* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|      |+* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|      ||`* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|      || `* a long long time ago...solar penguin
|      ||  +- a long long time ago...Idlehands
|      ||  +- a long long time ago...solar penguin
|      ||  `* a long long time ago...Daniel65
|      ||   `* a long long time ago...Daniel65
|      ||    `- a long long time ago...solar penguin
|      |`* a long long time ago...Daniel65
|      | `- a long long time ago...Daniel65
|      +- a long long time ago...%
|      `* a long long time ago...roach
|       `- a long long time ago...%
+- a long long time ago...%
`- a long long time ago...Daniel65

Pages:12
a long long time ago...

<dogflh9bcrp0stpucu5ji8gl55l62l5784@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12274&group=rec.arts.drwho#12274

From: Ign...@fatuusisland.com (Ignis Fatuus)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: a long long time ago...
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:35:51 +0100
 by: Ignis Fatuus - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 11:35 UTC

The BBC created a classic scifi show, on a shoestring budget (£30,000 -
£40,000 per episode at today's prices), in a studio the size of a shoe
box.
Now they chuck money at it as if it's going out of fashion (which it is
for the majority of us), and the result is a godawful incoherent mess
delivered like a box of confetti chucked at the audience.
Still there's some consolation when the frenetic action calms down for a
moment with some previous incumbents.
David Bradley wins the honours with a Hartnell tribute so real that I wish
all over again he could be given a season or two to himself.
RTD and Tennant look set to revive their flagging careers in a bid to
reverse the show's decline... and the Good News is that Catherine Tate
will be along for the ride. The Tennant-Tate chemistry was the high point
of the revival, and the Beeb should never have let them go.

BTW... does anyone else think that the newly 'coronated' Prime Minister
bears an uncanny resemblance to The Master? Maybe life does imitate art.
This latest incarnation isn't nearly as sinister as Delgado, or as
hilarious as the Debauched Mary Poppins... but the OTT buffoonery was a
fitting tribute to the present UK government. I was in stitches as Truss
floundered after the Funeral Procession in a hat that looked just like a
satellite dish.

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjl435$8up$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12492&group=rec.arts.drwho#12492

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: a long long time ago...
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 19:03:18 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 06:03 UTC

On Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 4:35:54 AM UTC-7, Ignis Fatuus wrote:

> The BBC created a classic scifi show, on a shoestring budget (£30,000 -
> £40,000 per episode at today's prices), in a studio the size of a shoe
> box. Now they chuck money at it as if it's going out of fashion (which
> it is for the majority of us), and the result is a godawful incoherent
> mess delivered like a box of confetti chucked at the audience. Still
> there's some consolation when the frenetic action calms down for a
> moment with some previous incumbents. David Bradley wins the honours
> with a Hartnell tribute so real that I wish all over again he could be
> given a season or two to himself. RTD and Tennant look set to revive
> their flagging careers in a bid to reverse the show's decline... and
> the Good News is that Catherine Tate will be along for the ride. The
> Tennant-Tate chemistry was the high point of the revival, and the Beeb
> should never have let them go.

It's not like the BBC had a real choice. The actors sign a contract for
a set period, so once they decide they've had enough (for whatever
reason), there's little the BBC can do.

The problem is that too many actors get easily bored and want to move
on. Actors who sign on for a main / title role *knowing* full well that
they plan to leave in just a couple of years are basically selfish
idiots and give no thought to the rest of the cast, crew, nor fans.
They're basically just out to get a "big name show" on their CV so they
can then impress at future auditions ... any sensible producer,
director, casting person would simply throw such CVs straight in the
bin without even giving the actor an audition. The best "Doctor Who"
example being Quitopher Eccelston.

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjlks5$45p5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12505&group=rec.arts.drwho#12505

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 21:49:42 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 10:49 UTC

Your Name wrote on 30/10/22 5:03 pm:
> On Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 4:35:54 AM UTC-7, Ignis Fatuus
> wrote:
>>
>> The BBC created a classic scifi show, on a shoestring budget
>> (£30,000 - £40,000 per episode at today's prices), in a studio the
>> size of a shoe box. Now they chuck money at it as if it's going out
>> of fashion (which it is for the majority of us), and the result is
>> a godawful incoherent mess delivered like a box of confetti chucked
>> at the audience. Still there's some consolation when the frenetic
>> action calms down for a moment with some previous incumbents. David
>> Bradley wins the honours with a Hartnell tribute so real that I
>> wish all over again he could be given a season or two to himself.
>> RTD and Tennant look set to revive their flagging careers in a bid
>> to reverse the show's decline... and the Good News is that
>> Catherine Tate will be along for the ride. The Tennant-Tate
>> chemistry was the high point of the revival, and the Beeb should
>> never have let them go.
>
> It's not like the BBC had a real choice. The actors sign a contract
> for a set period, so once they decide they've had enough (for
> whatever reason), there's little the BBC can do.
>
> The problem is that too many actors get easily bored and want to move
> on.

The Show runners offer an actor a contract for a certain time ..... If
they wanted the actor for a longer time, they should offer a longer-term
contract!

> Actors who sign on for a main / title role *knowing* full well that
> they plan to leave in just a couple of years are basically selfish
> idiots and give no thought to the rest of the cast, crew, nor fans.
> They're basically just out to get a "big name show" on their CV so
> they can then impress at future auditions ... any sensible producer,
> director, casting person would simply throw such CVs straight in the
> bin without even giving the actor an audition. The best "Doctor Who"
> example being Quitopher Eccelston.

Do you really put "Christopher Eccelston" in a "big name actor" category??
--
Daniel

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjlu0j$68ts$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12513&group=rec.arts.drwho#12513

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 13:25:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 13:25 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> Your Name wrote on 30/10/22 5:03 pm:
>
> Do you really put "Christopher Eccelston" in a "big name actor"
> category??

In all fairness Christopher Eccleston was a reasonably big name actor
when he got the job. Not Tom Cruise big obviously, but very well known
to UK television audiences.

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjo4ts$fgb8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12533&group=rec.arts.drwho#12533

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 20:35:57 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 09:35 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 31/10/22 12:25 am:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>> Your Name wrote on 30/10/22 5:03 pm:
>>
>> Do you really put "Christopher Eccelston" in a "big name actor"
>> category??
>
> In all fairness Christopher Eccleston was a reasonably big name actor
> when he got the job. Not Tom Cruise big obviously, but very well known
> to UK television audiences.

Looking at his IMDB page, he has been around a bit,

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001172/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I'm sure I had seen him around the place in a series .... way more often
than the ten appearances he had had in 'Cracker' but I can't see
anything listed that rings a bell.
--
Daniel

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjo7j9$fkg7$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12542&group=rec.arts.drwho#12542

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 21:21:32 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 10:21 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 30/10/22 10:25 pm:
> In article <tjl435$8up$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Your Name
> <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

<Snip>

>> It's not like the BBC had a real choice. The actors sign a contract
>> for a set period, so once they decide they've had enough (for
>> whatever reason), there's little the BBC can do.
>>
>> The problem is that too many actors get easily bored and want to
>> move on. Actors who sign on for a main / title role *knowing* full
>> well that they plan to leave in just a couple of years are
>> basically selfish idiots and give no thought to the rest of the
>> cast, crew, nor fans. They're basically just out to get a "big name
>> show" on their CV so they can then impress at future auditions ...
>> any sensible producer, director, casting person would simply throw
>> such CVs straight in the bin without even giving the actor an
>> audition. The best "Doctor Who" example being Quitopher Eccelston.
>
> There is the casing of Colin Baker fired! Chibnall and Whittaker
> should have gone the same way!

What casing did Colin Baker fire, asswipe??
--
Daniel

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjqre7$ool6$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12557&group=rec.arts.drwho#12557

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 21:12:28 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 10:12 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 31/10/22 11:35 pm:
> In article <tjo7j9$fkg7$4@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 30/10/22 10:25 pm:
>>> In article <tjl435$8up$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Your Name
>>> <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>>
>> <Snip>

>>> There is the casing of Colin Baker fired! Chibnall and Whittaker
>>> should have gone the same way!
>>>
>> What casing did Colin Baker fire, asswipe??
>
> Michael Grade, Idlehands-Mouth Dannyboy!

*WOOOOOOOSSSHHH* !!
--
Daniel

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjr4nv$ph2a$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12562&group=rec.arts.drwho#12562

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 12:51:11 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:p9xyyz/mISAC8JrZYPUEKG8GaRA=
 by: solar penguin - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 12:51 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tjo7j9$fkg7$4@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 30/10/22 10:25 pm:
>>

>>> There is the casing of Colin Baker fired! Chibnall and
>>> Whittaker should have gone the same way!
>>>
>> What casing did Colin Baker fire, asswipe??
>
> Michael Grade, Idlehands-Mouth Dannyboy!

Liar! Michael Grade isn’t a casing, and Colin Baker didn’t
fire him!

--
solar penguin

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjr6ja$plim$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12563&group=rec.arts.drwho#12563

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 13:22:50 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ZCoA36gBb8QzMa7ylvbJ/ohvh7Y=
 by: The Last Doctor - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 13:22 UTC

solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:

> The asswipe asserted:
>
>> In article <tjo7j9$fkg7$4@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>> What casing did Colin Baker fire, asswipe??
>>
>> Michael Grade, Idlehands-Mouth Dannyboy!
>>

> Liar! Michael Grade isn’t a casing, and Colin Baker didn’t
> fire him!

Perhaps, in a bizarre twist on recent events, a Dalek has been fitted into
a Colin Baker casing? That would give an in universe explanation for his
bodily expansion …

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjrmos$qti8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12564&group=rec.arts.drwho#12564

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 17:58:52 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9fKrPec6nQvIBPTwHRIOkEby3ps=
 by: solar penguin - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 17:58 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tjr4nv$ph2a$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> Michael Grade, Idlehands-Mouth Dannyboy!
>>>

>> Liar! Michael Grade isn’t a casing, and Colin Baker didn’t
>> fire him!
>>

> I said Grade fired CBaker!

Liar! Daniel asked, ‘What casing did Colin Baker fire, asswipe??’
and you replied, ‘Michael Grade, Idlehands-Mouth Dannyboy!’

It’s all there in the quoted text above.

--
solar penguin

Re: a long long time ago...

<CYidncHTtphc6Pz-nZ2dnZfqn_QAAAAA@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12565&group=rec.arts.drwho#12565

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 12:38:40 -0700
 by: % - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 19:38 UTC

solar penguin wrote:

> The asswipe asserted:
>
>> In article <tjr4nv$ph2a$1@dont-email.me>,
>> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> Liar! Michael Grade isn’t a casing, and Colin Baker didn’t
>>> fire him!
>>>

>> I said Grade fired CBaker!
>>

> Liar! Daniel asked, ‘What casing did Colin Baker fire, asswipe??’
> and you replied, ‘Michael Grade, Idlehands-Mouth Dannyboy!’
>
> It’s all there in the quoted text above.

so is the fact that tim's an idgit

Re: a long long time ago...

<tju33g$16vk4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12573&group=rec.arts.drwho#12573

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:41:36 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:CSxNrNd9NIKRJHFbCiS/yBAeu24=
 by: solar penguin - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:41 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tjrmos$qti8$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> I said Grade fired CBaker!
>>>

>> Liar! Daniel asked, ‘What casing did Colin Baker fire,
>> asswipe??’ and you replied, ‘Michael Grade, Idlehands-Mouth
>> Dannyboy!’
>>
>> It’s all there in the quoted text above.
>>

> Then read correctly Idlehands-mouth Bird!

I did. The trouble is, you don’t write correctly.

--
solar penguin

Re: a long long time ago...

<tjvrdj$1du7v$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12578&group=rec.arts.drwho#12578

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 07:42:43 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:5qc/m4Stq1iX3UvewOfL1ofbq4Y=
 by: solar penguin - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 07:42 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tju33g$16vk4$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> Then read correctly Idlehands-mouth Bird!
>>>

>> I did. The trouble is, you don’t write correctly.
>>

> Still never trust niether Grade nor Powell!

A double negative? So we _should_ trust Grade and Powell.

(See what I mean about you not writing correctly?)

--
solar penguin

Re: a long long time ago...

<tk0cta$1f8kl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12582&group=rec.arts.drwho#12582

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 06:41:14 -0600
 by: Idlehands - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 12:41 UTC

On 2022-11-03 5:17 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
> In article <tjvrdj$1du7v$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> Still never trust niether Grade nor Powell!
>>>

>> A double negative? So we _should_ trust Grade and Powell.
>>
>> (See what I mean about you not writing correctly?)
>>

> Care to say that out loud paedophile guided Idlehands-mouth SP?

He did better than that binky the asswipe, he put it in writing. He is
correct, your posts are illiterate crap.

--
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."
- Benjamin Franklin

Re: a long long time ago...

<tk0nuh$1g6ip$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12584&group=rec.arts.drwho#12584

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 15:49:37 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:d3Goo8y7vGuX+36HxLui04lTv9I=
 by: solar penguin - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 15:49 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tjvrdj$1du7v$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> Still never trust niether Grade nor Powell!
>>>

>> A double negative? So we _should_ trust Grade and Powell.
>>
>> (See what I mean about you not writing correctly?)
>>

> Care to say that out loud

What would be the point? You’re not here to hear it.

> paedophile guided Idlehands-mouth SP?

I’m not sure what you think that means, but I want an apology
anyway!

--
solar penguin

Re: a long long time ago...

<tk2768$1mp8l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12590&group=rec.arts.drwho#12590

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 23:15:49 -0600
 by: Idlehands - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 05:15 UTC

On 2022-11-03 2:30 p.m., The Doctor wrote:
> In article <tk0nuh$1g6ip$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> Care to say that out loud
>>
>> What would be the point? You’re not here to hear it.
>>
>>> paedophile guided Idlehands-mouth SP?
>>>

>> I’m not sure what you think that means, but I want an apology
>> anyway!
>>

> You do not want a handshake from me!
>
> I go forehead to forehead!

Suspecting where your hands of have been I would not accept your
handshake either. As for your "forehead to forehead" is that another
fetish?

--
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."
- Benjamin Franklin

Re: a long long time ago...

<tk28pt$1mt6a$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12591&group=rec.arts.drwho#12591

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 05:43:25 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Yrb96cQMddafYob8J0j3ReHX1gE=
 by: solar penguin - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 05:43 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tk0nuh$1g6ip$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:
>>
>>> paedophile guided Idlehands-mouth SP?
>>>

>> I’m not sure what you think that means, but I want an
>> apology anyway!
>>

> You do not want a handshake from me!
>
> I go forehead to forehead!

No need for that. A simple typed apology will do.

--
solar penguin

Re: a long long time ago...

<JrucnTO26P21nPr-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12632&group=rec.arts.drwho#12632

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 17:34:47 -0700
 by: % - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 00:34 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 4:26:28 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In article <7c36f9b1-3419-44ba...@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> How does an apology morph into a handshake or a forehead bump?
>> It is called THE handshake.
>
> Most apologies I have heard of have been spoken or written. Although I have heard of Japanese bowing.

have you heard of make up sex

Re: a long long time ago...

<26be5361-46ee-495a-a9b2-c5479ec187d6n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12643&group=rec.arts.drwho#12643

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 08:33:46 -0800 (PST)
From: goldarac...@gmail.com (roach)
 by: roach - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 16:33 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 5:27:24 PM UTC-7, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 4:26:28 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> > In article <7c36f9b1-3419-44ba...@googlegroups.com>,
> > tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >How does an apology morph into a handshake or a forehead bump?
> > It is called THE handshake.
> Most apologies I have heard of have been spoken or written. Although I have heard of Japanese bowing.

some people speak with their eyes

Re: a long long time ago...

<gPCdnRMbRsF6aPr-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12644&group=rec.arts.drwho#12644

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 09:59:02 -0800
 by: % - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:59 UTC

roach wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 5:27:24 PM UTC-7, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 4:26:28 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> It is called THE handshake.
>> Most apologies I have heard of have been spoken or written. Although I have heard of Japanese bowing.
>
> some people speak with their eyes

like iam

Re: a long long time ago...

<tk9ak3$3apcs$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12647&group=rec.arts.drwho#12647

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 21:57:23 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ULF+RkeWYzue+aMAAKbzqsdbe8A=
 by: solar penguin - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 21:57 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tk28pt$1mt6a$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> You do not want a handshake from me!
>>>
>>> I go forehead to forehead!
>>>

>> No need for that. A simple typed apology will do.
>>

> That is how I apologise.

Only because you don’t apologise at all!

--
solar penguin

Re: a long long time ago...

<eRednTlX1tf72PX-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12648&group=rec.arts.drwho#12648

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 15:38:13 -0800
 by: % - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 23:38 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <3204f607-cac5-4f32-a941-1d4d5aa4a564n@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 3:09:56 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I prefer face to face.
>>
>> Then set up a videoconference, via Zoom, Google Meet, or Face Time.
>
> Physical not virtual!

everybody whack at themselves

Re: a long long time ago...

<tkadd2$3hoc2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12649&group=rec.arts.drwho#12649

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 07:50:58 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:7mz8d368Cm0ovmrR0ObA6z8XYbc=
 by: solar penguin - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 07:50 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tk9ak3$3apcs$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> That is how I apologise.
>>>

>> Only because you don’t apologise at all!
>>

> Birdie is scared to go forehead to forehead!

More like you’re scared to post ‘Sorry.’

--
solar penguin

Re: a long long time ago...

<tkaia9$3i3pc$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12653&group=rec.arts.drwho#12653

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 20:14:52 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:14 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 7/11/22 3:06 pm:
> In article <06ab056b-fd46-444f-84ea-91646e139a12n@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 6:01:59 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com
>> wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Good guess.
>>
>> How do they apologize to people who are far away from them?
>
> You really are dense Tim!

Yes, Tim, how dense of you expecting the asswipe to have an answer to
your question!!

Any Question, Tim!!
--
Daniel

Re: a long long time ago...

<tkaiim$3i55h$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12654&group=rec.arts.drwho#12654

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 20:19:18 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:19 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 5/11/22 12:46 am:
> In article <tk28pt$1mt6a$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> You do not want a handshake from me!
>>>
>>> I go forehead to forehead!
>>
>> No need for that. A simple typed apology will do.
>
> That is how I apologise.

How long have YOU, asswipe, been a member of the Inuit peoples, asswipe??

I thought YOU, asswipe, were a Pom that had been kicked out of Pomland,
asswipe!!
--
Daniel