From: hodoni...@gmail.com (Dubcek)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: evelyn
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 15:58:35 -0600
 by: Dubcek - Mon, 24 May 2021 21:58 UTC

In tonight's episode why did Evelyn call Tyrone an adulterer?
He's not married to Fiz and as far as I've seen common law
relationships in England are not recognised as a marriage.

Re: evelyn

<ih3mrvFe3a4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1259&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1259

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: evelyn
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 08:21:33 +0100
 by: kat - Tue, 25 May 2021 07:21 UTC

On 24/05/2021 22:58, Dubcek wrote:
> In tonight's episode why did Evelyn call Tyrone an adulterer?
> He's not married to Fiz and as far as I've seen common law
> relationships in England are not recognised as a marriage.

What would you have called him? Adulterer is a simple way to describe it if not
entirely correct.

Fiz and Tyrone were engaged, and Fiz was planning the wedding; he was certainly
unfaithful. And when people have been living together as long as those two I
would think most people see them as "married", the ceremony Fiz planned just
being the legal bit, because as you say, there is no legal recognition of a
common law marriage in the UK.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: evelyn

<ih6re3F2ai8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1260&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1260

From: g.da...@btinternet.com (GordonD)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 12:57:55 +0100
 by: GordonD - Wed, 26 May 2021 11:57 UTC

On 25/05/2021 08:21, kat wrote:
> On 24/05/2021 22:58, Dubcek wrote:
>> In tonight's episode why did Evelyn call Tyrone an adulterer?
>> He's not married to Fiz and as far as I've seen common law
>> relationships in England are not recognised as a marriage.
>>

> What would you have called him? Adulterer is a simple way to describe it
> if not entirely correct.
>
> Fiz and Tyrone were engaged, and Fiz was planning the wedding; he was
> certainly unfaithful.  And  when people have been living together as
> long as those two I would think most people see them as "married", the
> ceremony Fiz planned just being the legal bit, because as you say, there
> is no legal recognition of a common law marriage in the UK.

Evelyn has never been one to let facts get in the way when she's
speaking her mind.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland