The way to a man's heart is through the left ventricle.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

SubjectAuthor
* The final ratings are in and it's disaster...The True Doctor
+* The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Your Name
|+* The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Blueshirt
||`* The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Blueshirt
|| +* The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Blueshirt
|| |`- The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Blueshirt
|| `* The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Blueshirt
||  `- The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Blueshirt
|`- The final ratings are in and it's disaster...The Last Doctor
+- The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Daniel65
`- The final ratings are in and it's disaster...Your Name

1
The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tjtige$15cp4$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12571&group=rec.arts.drwho#12571

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 10:58:22 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 10:58 UTC

The Power of the Doctor final ratings are in and Whittaker could only
manage 3.71m overnight, 5.1m 7-day consolidated, 5.3m mobile devices, 82 AI.

This compares to 5.70m overnight and 7.92m consolidated (no mobile stats
back then) for Peter Capaldi's regeneration into Whittaker, and it
probably would have been height it fans hadn't know he was being turned
into a woman.

Capaldi thrashes Whittaker by almost 3 million viewers and Tennant could
barely attract another 1.4 million overnight after people knew he would
be the 14th Doctor.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tjuhjb$gur$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12574&group=rec.arts.drwho#12574

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 08:49:00 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 19:49 UTC

On 2022-11-02 10:58:22 +0000, The True Doctor said:

> The Power of the Doctor final ratings are in and Whittaker could only
> manage 3.71m overnight, 5.1m 7-day consolidated, 5.3m mobile devices,
> 82 AI.
>
> This compares to 5.70m overnight and 7.92m consolidated (no mobile
> stats back then) for Peter Capaldi's regeneration into Whittaker, and
> it probably would have been height it fans hadn't know he was being
> turned into a woman.
>
> Capaldi thrashes Whittaker by almost 3 million viewers and Tennant
> could barely attract another 1.4 million overnight after people knew he
> would be the 14th Doctor.

It depends on which set of manipulated guesswork "ratings" figures and
summaries you want to believe ...

And The Power of the Doctor landed an impressive Top 10
placing, at #5 in the weekly chart, its highest placement
since 2018's Arachnids in the UK. It's currently behind
the two editions of Strictly Come Dancing (9.89m and 8.63m),
The Great British Bake Off (7.79m), and Doc Martin (5.61m).
This also means it was Sunday's #2 show overall and the
BBC's #3 show of the week, as well as the #2 scripted show
for the week across all channels. There's an outside chance
that Who might overtake Martin in the +28 final figures,
but more than likely it will stay in its current, very
impressive, #5 slot.

<https://www.blogtorwho.com/doctor-who-viewing-figures-power-of-the-doctor-is-a-top-5-hit/>

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<xn0now4226b1yl4000@nntp.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12575&group=rec.arts.drwho#12575

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 22:09:19 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 22:09 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> It depends on which set of manipulated guesswork "ratings" figures
> and summaries you want to believe ...
>

> And The Power of the Doctor landed an impressive Top 10
> placing, at #5 in the weekly chart, its highest placement
> since 2018's Arachnids in the UK. It's currently behind
> the two editions of Strictly Come Dancing (9.89m and 8.63m),
> The Great British Bake Off (7.79m), and Doc Martin (5.61m).
> This also means it was Sunday's #2 show overall and the
> BBC's #3 show of the week, as well as the #2 scripted show
> for the week across all channels. There's an outside chance
> that Who might overtake Martin in the +28 final figures,
> but more than likely it will stay in its current, very
> impressive, #5 slot.

<https://www.blogtorwho.com/doctor-who-viewing-figures-power-of-the-doctor-is-a-top-5-hit/>

Yeah, basically all stats are open to spin and Doctor Who ratings
are very polarising among fandom... the nerds love nothing more than
discussing episode ratings like it's something biblical. There's
probably some truth to both opinions on the rating guesstimates
though. No.5 for the week is acceptable, but the viewing figures for
Doctor Who are undeniably down in the last few years.

Although if I enjoy a particular Doctor Who episode I don't actually
care who else watched it or liked it. So they can all shove their
opinions on the ratings up their arse.

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tk0277$1eere$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12579&group=rec.arts.drwho#12579

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:38:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:1J0pk6tqU3KPRFhGTUz3VqUsGv8=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:38 UTC

tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbrueni264@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 12:49:14 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:

>> It depends on which set of manipulated guesswork "ratings" figures and
>> summaries you want to believe ...
>>
>> And The Power of the Doctor landed an impressive Top 10
>> placing, at #5 in the weekly chart, its highest placement
>> since 2018's Arachnids in the UK. It's currently behind
>> the two editions of Strictly Come Dancing (9.89m and 8.63m),
>> The Great British Bake Off (7.79m), and Doc Martin (5.61m).
>> This also means it was Sunday's #2 show overall and the
>> BBC's #3 show of the week, as well as the #2 scripted show
>> for the week across all channels. There's an outside chance
>> that Who might overtake Martin in the +28 final figures,
>> but more than likely it will stay in its current, very
>> impressive, #5 slot.
>>

>> <https://www.blogtorwho.com/doctor-who-viewing-figures-power-of-the-doctor-is-a-top-5-hit/>
>
> Are the BBC's viewership figures down overall?

All viewership figures are down and have been trending down solidly since
2010 (with a hiccup in 2020 - /coughcovid) when streaming began to have a
real impact (Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, the BBC and Apple all began streaming
operations of a sort in the previous five years but it wasn’t till original
programming began that streaming services really took hold).

Here’s a fairly recent analysis:

https://informitv.com/2022/08/17/television-viewing-declines-in-united-kingdom/

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tk0556$1emo1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12581&group=rec.arts.drwho#12581

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 21:28:52 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 10:28 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 3/11/22 12:25 am:
> In article <tjtige$15cp4$2@dont-email.me>, The True Doctor
> <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>> The Power of the Doctor final ratings are in and Whittaker could
>> only manage 3.71m overnight, 5.1m 7-day consolidated, 5.3m mobile
>> devices, 82 AI.
>>
>> This compares to 5.70m overnight and 7.92m consolidated (no mobile
>> stats back then) for Peter Capaldi's regeneration into Whittaker,
>> and it probably would have been height it fans hadn't know he was
>> being turned into a woman.
>>
>> Capaldi thrashes Whittaker by almost 3 million viewers and Tennant
>> could barely attract another 1.4 million overnight after people
>> knew he would be the 14th Doctor.
>
> The whole Chibnall/Whittaker Era is trash.

So why the hell did YOU, asswipe, bother watching it??

> Points of View did a whitwash.

"whitwash"??

> Thank goodness for Noel Glynn and other true drwho fans!

Yes, we are doing a good job supporting Chris and Jodie, asswipe!! ....
or should that be 'did a good job'??
--
Daniel

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tk1gf8$1iae5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12585&group=rec.arts.drwho#12585

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 22:48:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 22:48 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0now4226b1yl4000@nntp.aioe.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > Your Name wrote:
> >>
> >> It depends on which set of manipulated guesswork "ratings" figures
> >> and summaries you want to believe ...
> >>

> >> And The Power of the Doctor landed an impressive Top 10
> >> placing, at #5 in the weekly chart, its highest placement
> >> since 2018's Arachnids in the UK. It's currently behind
> >> the two editions of Strictly Come Dancing (9.89m and 8.63m),
> >> The Great British Bake Off (7.79m), and Doc Martin (5.61m).
> >> This also means it was Sunday's #2 show overall and the
> >> BBC's #3 show of the week, as well as the #2 scripted show
> >> for the week across all channels. There's an outside chance
> >> that Who might overtake Martin in the +28 final figures,
> >> but more than likely it will stay in its current, very
> >> impressive, #5 slot.
> >
> > Yeah, basically all stats are open to spin and Doctor Who ratings
> > are very polarising among fandom... the nerds love nothing more than
> > discussing episode ratings like it's something biblical. There's
> > probably some truth to both opinions on the rating guesstimates
> > though. No.5 for the week is acceptable, but the viewing figures for
> > Doctor Who are undeniably down in the last few years.
> >
> > Although if I enjoy a particular Doctor Who episode I don't actually
> > care who else watched it or liked it. So they can all shove their
> > opinions on the ratings up their arse.
>
> #savedoctorwho #retconthetimelesschild!

#yawn #itwontbe #yawnagain

RTD is a close as you'll get to a saviour and even then I strongly
suspect that he's going to take the show further down a road you will
be unhappy with.

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tk28qf$14n0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12592&group=rec.arts.drwho#12592

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 18:43:43 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 05:43 UTC

On 2022-11-04 00:33:09 +0000, tsbr...@gmail.com said:
> On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 4:27:41 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In article <tk1gf8$1iae5$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> #yawn #itwontbe #yawnagain
>>>
>>> RTD is a close as you'll get to a saviour and even then I strongly
>>> suspect that he's going to take the show further down a road you will
>>> be unhappy with.
>>
>> So far Tennant is back! Good move!
>
> Do you expect David Tennent to declare that the whole Jodie Era didn't happen?

Tennant has no say in anything. His new run as The Doctor could have a
storyline that negates all the "Politically Correct" gabage of the last
few years ... BUT it's not gonna happen, especially as his time in the
role is only going to be very brief before it gets passed on to the
next "Politically Correct" quota-box-ticking actor. :-(

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tk2m2f$1nthj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12594&group=rec.arts.drwho#12594

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:29:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:29 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tk1gf8$1iae5$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> #savedoctorwho #retconthetimelesschild!
> >
> > #yawn #itwontbe #yawnagain
> >
> > RTD is a close as you'll get to a saviour and even then I strongly
> > suspect that he's going to take the show further down a road you
> > will be unhappy with.
>
> So far Tennant is back! Good move!

I prefer the term Viewer Bait!

We know that Ncuti Gatwa is coming as The Doctor... David Tennant's
Doctor isn't going to be around for long.

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tk2m2g$1nthj$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12595&group=rec.arts.drwho#12595

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:29:52 -0000 (UTC)

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 4:27:41 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com
> wrote:
> > So far Tennant is back! Good move!
>
> Do you expect David Tennent to declare that the whole Jodie Era
> didn't happen?

Anybody expecting that to happen is suffering from a bout of delusional
disorder. RTD could do that, but he doesn't strike me as the type of
Executive Producer that would want to send THAT message!

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tk36a4$1r233$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12603&group=rec.arts.drwho#12603

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 14:07:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 14:07 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tk2m2f$1nthj$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> So far Tennant is back! Good move!
> >
> > I prefer the term Viewer Bait!
> >
> > We know that Ncuti Gatwa is coming as The Doctor... David Tennant's
> > Doctor isn't going to be around for long.
>
> Bait? More like intrigue!

If Jodie's Doctor had regenerated directly in to Ncuti's, where would
the intrigue be then? All we'd have had is a year of moaning.

RTD is cleverer than that...

Re: The final ratings are in and it's disaster...

<tk36a4$1r233$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12604&group=rec.arts.drwho#12604

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 14:07:00 -0000 (UTC)

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tk2m2g$1nthj$2@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> Do you expect David Tennent to declare that the whole Jodie Era
> >> didn't happen?
> >
> > Anybody expecting that to happen is suffering from a bout of
> > delusional disorder. RTD could do that, but he doesn't strike me as
> > the type of Executive Producer that would want to send THAT message!
>
> Note the Tennant Doctor did not need a change of clothes.

The Doctor didn't NEED a change of gender either, but we got it!