The Public is merely a multiplied "me." -- Mark Twain

arts / rec.arts.tv / "Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?

SubjectAuthor
* "Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?RichA
+- Re: "Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?Your Name
`- Re: "Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?ZZyXX

1
"Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?

<ac62a023-6f7d-4567-bbf5-428260ed4181n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=126663&group=rec.arts.tv#126663

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 17:41:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: "Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 01:41 UTC

Do they really believe that families spend the ENTIRE holiday sitting around chatting and that the only time they don't and they only reason they wouldn't would be to watch ONLY football? I think they are stuck around 1965...

Re: "Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?

<sns4ft$1u3t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=126667&group=rec.arts.tv#126667

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:17:33 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 02:17 UTC

On 2021-11-27 01:41:40 +0000, RichA said:

> Do they really believe that families spend the ENTIRE holiday sitting
> around chatting and that the only time they don't and they only reason
> they wouldn't would be to watch ONLY football? I think they are stuck
> around 1965...

Here in New Zealand the holidays are in the summer and they think
everyone will be stupid enough to be outside in the blazing, stinking
hot sun, so they tend to broadcast *a lot* of re-runs and the same old
movies every year. It usually starts around mid-November, if not
earlier, as the local shows start going off air for their holiday break
and ends around mid-February / early-March when they return. :-(

Re: "Holiday" TV. Stuck in the old ways?

<so1hkd$ohp$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=127043&group=rec.arts.tv#127043

From: zzy...@CampSoda-Restoration-Project.tv (ZZyXX)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 19:32:26 -0800
 by: ZZyXX - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 03:32 UTC

On 11/26/21 5:41 PM, RichA wrote:
> Do they really believe that families spend the ENTIRE holiday sitting around chatting and that the only time they don't and they only reason they wouldn't would be to watch ONLY football? I think they are stuck around 1965...

damn christians