Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 16:17:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Conservative said something unheard of these days "people need to
make their OWN way."
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Fri, 26 Nov 2021 00:17 UTC

Imagine, someone actually saying people are not entitled to cradle to grave subsidization by the tax-payer? That if people are continually shielded from
negative economic effects, it makes them lazy and weak. About TIME someone said it.

Re: Conservative said something unheard of these days "people need to make their OWN way."

<snrvtp$gl9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=126651&group=rec.arts.tv#126651

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
make their OWN way."
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 17:59:37 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 00:59 UTC

On 2021-11-25 5:17 p.m., RichA wrote:
> Imagine, someone actually saying people are not entitled to cradle to grave subsidization by the tax-payer? That if people are continually shielded from
> negative economic effects, it makes them lazy and weak. About TIME someone said it.

Let them eat cake!

Re: Conservative said something unheard of these days "people need to make their OWN way."

<0b8388ad-9364-4f29-a4b3-c591bacaaa74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=126658&group=rec.arts.tv#126658

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 17:26:13 -0800 (PST)
make their OWN way."
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 01:26 UTC

On Friday, 26 November 2021 at 19:59:42 UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2021-11-25 5:17 p.m., RichA wrote:
> > Imagine, someone actually saying people are not entitled to cradle to grave subsidization by the tax-payer? That if people are continually shielded from
> > negative economic effects, it makes them lazy and weak. About TIME someone said it.
> >
> Let them eat cake!

Hardly the same. But people shouldn't expect to go through life with no negative consequences. A rich person can die of cancer at 40 almost as easily as a poor person, it just happens.
The state shouldn't be required to absorb 100% of it. Economically, all these things are nothing but a path toward full communism. The manipulation of labour markets, control of production,
re-distribution of income with no thought to how it is earned. The complete disregard for different abilities among people that results in mindless attempts to "equalize."

Re: Conservative said something unheard of these days "people need to make their OWN way."

<31ioJ.75221$Ql5.49779@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=126676&group=rec.arts.tv#126676

make their OWN way."
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 22:57:49 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 03:57 UTC

On 11/26/2021 8:26 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 26 November 2021 at 19:59:42 UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 2021-11-25 5:17 p.m., RichA wrote:
>>> Imagine, someone actually saying people are not entitled to cradle to grave subsidization by the tax-payer? That if people are continually shielded from
>>> negative economic effects, it makes them lazy and weak. About TIME someone said it.
>>>
>> Let them eat cake!
>
> Hardly the same. But people shouldn't expect to go through life with no negative consequences. A rich person can die of cancer at 40 almost as easily as a poor person, it just happens.
> The state shouldn't be required to absorb 100% of it. Economically, all these things are nothing but a path toward full communism. The manipulation of labour markets, control of production,
> re-distribution of income with no thought to how it is earned. The complete disregard for different abilities among people that results in mindless attempts to "equalize."

Society hardly purports to obviate all "negative consequences". At most
it hopes merely to take a few off the table... like starvation...

Re: Conservative said something unheard of these days "people need to make their OWN way."

<so1hi0$ohp$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=127042&group=rec.arts.tv#127042

From: zzy...@CampSoda-Restoration-Project.tv (ZZyXX)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
make their OWN way."
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 19:31:10 -0800
 by: ZZyXX - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 03:31 UTC

On 11/26/21 5:26 PM, RichA wrote:
> Hardly the same. But people shouldn't expect to go through life with no negative consequences. A rich person can die of cancer at 40 almost as easily as a poor person, it just happens.

hardly, a rich person can afford the best doctors and treatment, the
poor can't.

in any event, the poor die 7 times more than rich folk