Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts. -- Plotinus

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: New script editor

SubjectAuthor
* New script editorThe Last Doctor
+- New script editorRobert
+* New script editorThe True Doctor
|+* New script editorThe Last Doctor
||`* New script editorThe True Doctor
|| +- New script editorDaniel65
|| `- New script editorThe True Doctor
|`- New script editorBlueshirt
`* New script editorDaniel65
 +* New script editorBlueshirt
 |`- New script editorDaniel65
 `* New script editorThe Last Doctor
  `- New script editorDaniel65

1
New script editor

<tkj0iu$igrk$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12735&group=rec.arts.drwho#12735

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: New script editor
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:07:26 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:oyJxVYm8SSKgBprhd1CbdXRXYpU=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:07 UTC

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0795743toKrp7mXQ7kHBqeV4JjEPhhsn3XZPmue2fqkjTMhXfzE6yTHNzvk3ed3U8l&id=223403778

Scott Handcock is the new script editor for series 14 of Doctor Who. With
previous work on The Sarah Jane Adventures , production secret under
Moffat, and over a decade of great audio work as writer, sector and
producer at Big Finish, this is a reassuring piece of news for the quality
and continuity of future scripts. And who can fault a man who announces
this new role, excitedly, as “I’ve got Douglas Adams’ old job!”

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: New script editor

<jt4gpoF4m2fU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12736&group=rec.arts.drwho#12736

From: monst...@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: New script editor
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:39:52 +0000
 by: Robert - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:39 UTC

On 10/11/2022 14:07, The Last Doctor wrote:
> “I’ve got Douglas Adams’ old job!”
Or Robert Holmes :-)
Well, let's hope he does a good job!
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational

Re: New script editor

<tkj4ob$ip6k$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12739&group=rec.arts.drwho#12739

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 15:18:34 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 15:18 UTC

On 10/11/2022 14:07, The Last Doctor wrote:

> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0795743toKrp7mXQ7kHBqeV4JjEPhhsn3XZPmue2fqkjTMhXfzE6yTHNzvk3ed3U8l&id=223403778
>
> Scott Handcock is the new script editor for series 14 of Doctor Who. With
> previous work on The Sarah Jane Adventures , production secret under
> Moffat, and over a decade of great audio work as writer, sector and
> producer at Big Finish, this is a reassuring piece of news for the quality
> and continuity of future scripts. And who can fault a man who announces
> this new role, excitedly, as “I’ve got Douglas Adams’ old job!”

And they're only telling us now, after RTD has already made 4 specials?

Was Scott Handcock still writing for Big Finish after it went woke?

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: New script editor

<tkj8uh$j50g$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12742&group=rec.arts.drwho#12742

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 16:30:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:45hRpEke0WDQFXWBUGizOn1RbTM=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 16:30 UTC

The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
> On 10/11/2022 14:07, The Last Doctor wrote:
>>

>> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0795743toKrp7mXQ7kHBqeV4JjEPhhsn3XZPmue2fqkjTMhXfzE6yTHNzvk3ed3U8l&id=223403778
>>
>> Scott Handcock is the new script editor for series 14 of Doctor Who. With
>> previous work on The Sarah Jane Adventures , production secretary under
>> Moffat, and over a decade of great audio work as writer, director and
>> producer at Big Finish, this is a reassuring piece of news for the quality
>> and continuity of future scripts. And who can fault a man who announces
>> this new role, excitedly, as “I’ve got Douglas Adams’ old job!”

Typos fixed.

> And they're only telling us now, after RTD has already made 4 specials?

Three. The Christmas special that will be Ncuti’s proper introduction has
not been filmed, only the three Tennant episodes that were RTDs answer to
Ncuti not yet being free to film when the 60th episodes were planned in for
(he had contractual obligations for a season of Sex Education and a movie
he was already committed to, I believe).

Pre production (casting call for companions etc) for the new season started
at the end of September and Handcock has probably been finishing up his
ongoing projects at Big Finish / handing over / serving his notice during
October. Big Finish published this as news yesterday as well, he’s leaving
on cordial terms.

> Was Scott Handcock still writing for Big Finish after it went woke?

Paranoid right wing lunatics see and decry “wokeness” everywhere. Doctor
Who has been “woke” since at least 2005 (I would argue for 1970
personally), Handcock’s first job in the DW world was as production runner
for RTD’s Doctor Who Confidential. So yes, Handcock lives in the 21st
Century, not the distant and unlamented past.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: New script editor

<nnd$359c714c$747766f4@33881cb4359a3ff9>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12761&group=rec.arts.drwho#12761

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:23:59 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 14:23 UTC

The True Doctor wrote:

> On 10/11/2022 14:07, The Last Doctor wrote:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0795743toKrp7mXQ7kHBqeV4JjEPhhsn3XZPmue2fqkjTMhXfzE6yTHNzvk3ed3U8l&id=223403778

> > Scott Handcock is the new script editor for series 14 of Doctor Who.
> > With previous work on The Sarah Jane Adventures , production secret
> > under Moffat, and over a decade of great audio work as writer, sector
> > and producer at Big Finish, this is a reassuring piece of news for the
> > quality and continuity of future scripts. And who can fault a man who
> > announces this new role, excitedly, as “I’ve got Douglas Adams’ old
> > job!”
> >

> And they're only telling us now, after RTD has already made 4 specials?

What difference would it have made if they had told you earlier? Would it
have changed your life in any way? It's not like the episodes are going to
air any earlier! <shrugs>
> Was Scott Handcock still writing for Big Finish after it went woke?

Scott has written - and directed - some great stuff for Big Finish. Good
luck to him in his new venture.

Re: New script editor

<tko2uh$15opc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12800&group=rec.arts.drwho#12800

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:18:24 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 12:18 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 12/11/22 8:18 pm:
> On Friday, November 11, 2022 at 5:10:40 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>> In article <cce1484f-faf3-4fe0...@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

<Snip>

>>> You say I gave that episode too high a rating?
>> I said Skating on thin ice M as in MM is a pro-TimelessChild
>> anti-DoctorWho supporter!!
>
> I did not see MM specifically state that he was pro-Timeless Child
> and anti-Doctor Who. He merely stated Handcock's temporal location.
> Then out of the Blue, you said that he was skating on Thin Ice, but
> forgot the capitalization.

I think I've read MM specifically state that he hasn't been too
impressed with the Chibnall/Whittaker era but that it hasn't been
anywhere near as atrocious as the asswipe has been making out, Tim.

Sort of a "middle-ground" position .... but that is not tenable for the
asswipe who seems to be of the opinion that you either Love it or you
Hate it!!
--
Daniel

Re: New script editor

<nnd$689f2e2b$6291bc24@f0d612399076b1e9>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12802&group=rec.arts.drwho#12802

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:30:26 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 12:30 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 12/11/22 8:18 pm:
>
> I think I've read MM specifically state that he hasn't been too
> impressed with the Chibnall/Whittaker era but that it hasn't been
> anywhere near as atrocious as the asswipe has been making out, Tim.
>
> Sort of a "middle-ground" position .... but that is not tenable for the
> asswipe who seems to be of the opinion that you either Love it or you
> Hate it!!

Middle-ground isn't something most Doctor Who fans subscribe to. Usually
it's wetting their knickers with excitement or frothing at the mouth with
rage. Just enjoying an episode and accepting it for what it is seems like
a rare thing.

Doctor Who generally isn't as great as some would have you believe, but
it's nowhere near as bad as others make out either.

Re: New script editor

<tko4gd$15qtn$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12803&group=rec.arts.drwho#12803

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:45:03 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 12:45 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 12/11/22 11:30 pm:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 12/11/22 8:18 pm:
>>
>> I think I've read MM specifically state that he hasn't been too
>> impressed with the Chibnall/Whittaker era but that it hasn't been
>> anywhere near as atrocious as the asswipe has been making out, Tim.
>>
>> Sort of a "middle-ground" position .... but that is not tenable for the
>> asswipe who seems to be of the opinion that you either Love it or you
>> Hate it!!
>
> Middle-ground isn't something most Doctor Who fans subscribe to. Usually
> it's wetting their knickers with excitement or frothing at the mouth with
> rage. Just enjoying an episode and accepting it for what it is seems like
> a rare thing.
>
> Doctor Who generally isn't as great as some would have you believe, but
> it's nowhere near as bad as others make out either.

"There's some good'ns and there's some garbage!!"
--
Daniel

Re: New script editor

<tkoci2$16h3v$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12805&group=rec.arts.drwho#12805

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:02:26 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:2qyi9JPG3E82g7qUSa7bEc7sw08=
 by: The Last Doctor - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:02 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 12/11/22 8:18 pm:
>> On Friday, November 11, 2022 at 5:10:40 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
> <Snip>

>>> I said Skating on thin ice M as in MM is a pro-TimelessChild
>>> anti-DoctorWho supporter!!
>>
>> I did not see MM specifically state that he was pro-Timeless Child
>> and anti-Doctor Who. He merely stated Handcock's temporal location.
>> Then out of the Blue, you said that he was skating on Thin Ice, but
>> forgot the capitalization.
>
> I think I've read MM specifically state that he hasn't been too
> impressed with the Chibnall/Whittaker era but that it hasn't been
> anywhere near as atrocious as the asswipe has been making out, Tim.
>
> Sort of a "middle-ground" position .... but that is not tenable for the
> asswipe who seems to be of the opinion that you either Love it or you
> Hate it!!

I have numerous issues with the Chibnall era. The first season was largely
lacklustre and underwhelming, though there were a couple of outstanding
episodes. The second season was excellent in the main, with a couple of
clunkers including the appalling Orphan 55, in my view the worst story of
the revival era. I didn’t like the way the Timeless Child story played out
but had no issue with the overall concept, and after nit-picking my way
through fifty odd years of stories came to the conclusion that if the
premise was accepted then there were no new contradictions introduced by
it, and in fact it reconciled and explained a few anomalies along the way.

Flux was a mess, rushed and incoherent but managed to be entertaining. This
year’s specials were a mixed bag - Eve of the Daleks was lovely, Legend of
the Sea Devils was weak and looked cheap, and The Power of the Doctor had a
dreadful idiotic plot but overall with its love for the characters and
history of the show, and all the lovely cameos, was a great episode.

On the whole Chibnall was a poor show runner, making bad decisions he had
to roll back, and his story telling has left lots to be desired with loose
ends and diversions that make no sense. The whole Division / Tecteun /
Fugitive Doctor strand was just very poorly handled and left totally
unresolved.

So I think personally I fall well below middle ground, in my appreciation
of both Chibnall and the Timeless Child. But the reasons I have for my low
opinion are very different to those of The Idiot and the Wholly Greek. Mine
are to do with the relative quality of the stories we got. Theirs are
ideologically driven spiels of hatred powered by unshakeable preconceptions
and with no logical critique applied.

Nevertheless, even below par Doctor Who can be enjoyable and there are only
a handful of stories in the whole history of the show that I think the
world would be a better place without (yes, Orphan 55 and Praxeus are among
those. And all of season 24 - Dragonfire doesn’t deserve all the minimal
praise it gets),

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: New script editor

<tkofcv$16obo$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12808&group=rec.arts.drwho#12808

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:50:54 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:50 UTC

On 10/11/2022 16:30, The Last Doctor wrote:
> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>> On 10/11/2022 14:07, The Last Doctor wrote:
>>>

>>> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0795743toKrp7mXQ7kHBqeV4JjEPhhsn3XZPmue2fqkjTMhXfzE6yTHNzvk3ed3U8l&id=223403778
>>>
>>> Scott Handcock is the new script editor for series 14 of Doctor Who. With
>>> previous work on The Sarah Jane Adventures , production secretary under
>>> Moffat, and over a decade of great audio work as writer, director and
>>> producer at Big Finish, this is a reassuring piece of news for the quality
>>> and continuity of future scripts. And who can fault a man who announces
>>> this new role, excitedly, as “I’ve got Douglas Adams’ old job!”
>
> Typos fixed.
>

>> And they're only telling us now, after RTD has already made 4 specials?
>
> Three. The Christmas special that will be Ncuti’s proper introduction has
> not been filmed, only the three Tennant episodes that were RTDs answer to
> Ncuti not yet being free to film when the 60th episodes were planned in for
> (he had contractual obligations for a season of Sex Education and a movie
> he was already committed to, I believe).
>
> Pre production (casting call for companions etc) for the new season started
> at the end of September and Handcock has probably been finishing up his
> ongoing projects at Big Finish / handing over / serving his notice during
> October. Big Finish published this as news yesterday as well, he’s leaving
> on cordial terms.
>>
>> Was Scott Handcock still writing for Big Finish after it went woke?
>
> Paranoid right wing lunatics see and decry “wokeness” everywhere. Doctor
> Who has been “woke” since at least 2005 (I would argue for 1970

No it hasn't. Doctor Who went woke at the end of 2014 in the final two
episodes of Series 8 when the Master was turned into a women and the
body and legacy of the Brigadier was defiled by being turned into a
Cyberman along with all of the audience's departed loved ones.

After that the ratings totally collapsed in half from the start of
Series 9 the following year, and now they are 1/4 of what they were
during Series 8, standing at only 2.2 million.

Get woke, go broke!

People don't want to watch a show which panders to homosexuals,
transvestites, and man hating Nazi feminists because the woke mob
composed of them and a bunch of autistic children who cannot communicate
or understand social norms, despises intelligent heterosexual men and
women, especially if they happen to also be white, because these retards
just like Adolf Hitler think that race and race alone defines culture,
and have similar ideas regarding gender and sexuality. The mentally
retarded woke mob forget or do not understand that there are many
different cultures which exist thought the world and they are not
defined by race, they are defined by language and shared history and
interaction between peoples, none of which is represented by the woke
retards, who only care about promoting homosexuality, transvestitism,
and man hating lesbian-feminism.

> personally), Handcock’s first job in the DW world was as production runner
> for RTD’s Doctor Who Confidential. So yes, Handcock lives in the 21st
> Century, not the distant and unlamented past.

My question was, was Scott Handcock still writing for Big Finish after
it went woke? not when did he first become involved with Doctor Who.

But, as it typical with the woke they are totally retarded and
uninformed and therefore can't understand anything in front of them.
They think just like the Cybermen and Daleks, that anyone who has a
differing opinion should be deleted or exterminated. Unlike these woke
retards on the far left (who are standing in the same positions and on
the same platforms that were occupied by Stalin, Mussolini, and Hitler)
the right, or technically and more correctly I should say the centre,
believes in the freedoms of thought, speech and expression, and that
includes the world's riches man Elon Musk who didn't get their by being
a lunatic or paranoid, the word you are looking for is capitalist.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: New script editor

<tkqgch$1ebc7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12846&group=rec.arts.drwho#12846

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 21:20:01 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 10:20 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 13/11/22 8:13 am:
> [...]
>> The Idiot and the Wholly Greek. Mine are to do with the relative
>> quality of the stories we got. Theirs are ideologically driven
>> spiels of hatred powered by unshakeable preconceptions and with no
>> logical critique applied.
>>
>> Nevertheless, even below par Doctor Who can be enjoyable and there
>> are only a handful of stories in the whole history of the show that
>> I think the world would be a better place without (yes, Orphan 55
>> and Praxeus are among those. And all of season 24 - Dragonfire
>> doesn’t deserve all the minimal praise it gets),
>>
>> -- There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most
>> terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe
>> in.
>>
>> They must be /fought/.
>
> Series 2 of the Chibnall/Whittaker was highly divisive overall and

Gee Whiz, asswipe, Mike goes into great detail why he
loved/liked/endured/hated the Chibnall/Whittaker Era .... and all YOU,
asswipe, can contribute is a couple of lines!!

Well done!! ..... *NOT* !!
--
Daniel

Re: New script editor

<tkqh83$1edo3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12847&group=rec.arts.drwho#12847

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 21:34:43 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 10:34 UTC

The True Doctor wrote on 13/11/22 2:50 am:
> On 10/11/2022 16:30, The Last Doctor wrote:
>> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

<Snip>

>> personally), Handcock’s first job in the DW world was as production
>> runner for RTD’s Doctor Who Confidential. So yes, Handcock lives
>> in the 21st Century, not the distant and unlamented past.
>
> My question was, was Scott Handcock still writing for Big Finish
> after it went woke? not when did he first become involved with Doctor
> Who.
>
> But, as it typical with the woke they are totally retarded and
> uninformed and therefore can't understand anything in front of them.
> They think just like the Cybermen and Daleks, that anyone who has a
> differing opinion should be deleted or exterminated. Unlike these
> woke retards on the far left (who are standing in the same positions
> and on the same platforms that were occupied by Stalin, Mussolini,
> and Hitler) the right, or technically and more correctly I should say
> the centre, believes in the freedoms of thought, speech and
> expression, and that includes the world's riches man Elon Musk who
> didn't get their by being a lunatic or paranoid, the word you are
> looking for is capitalist.

"the right, or technically and more correctly I should say the centre,
believes in the freedoms of thought, speech and expression,"

Of course you would place yourself in "the centre" .... just as I'm sure
pretty well everyone here would place themselves pretty well in "the
centre" .... but all you other weirdos are really "out there"!!
--
Daniel

Re: New script editor

<tkrhkk$1h3c8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12874&group=rec.arts.drwho#12874

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:47:31 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:47 UTC

On 12/11/2022 21:16, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <tkofcv$16obo$2@dont-email.me>,
> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>>>>>

>> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0795743toKrp7mXQ7kHBqeV4JjEPhhsn3XZPmue2fqkjTMhXfzE6yTHNzvk3ed3U8l&id=223403778

>>> Typos fixed.

>>> Three. The Christmas special that will be Ncuti’s proper introduction has
>>> not been filmed, only the three Tennant episodes that were RTDs answer to
>>> Ncuti not yet being free to film when the 60th episodes were planned in for
>>> (he had contractual obligations for a season of Sex Education and a movie
>>> he was already committed to, I believe).
>>>
>>> Pre production (casting call for companions etc) for the new season started
>>> at the end of September and Handcock has probably been finishing up his
>>> ongoing projects at Big Finish / handing over / serving his notice during
>>> October. Big Finish published this as news yesterday as well, he’s leaving
>>> on cordial terms.

>>> Paranoid right wing lunatics see and decry “wokeness” everywhere. Doctor
>>> Who has been “woke” since at least 2005 (I would argue for 1970
>>
>> No it hasn't. Doctor Who went woke at the end of 2014 in the final two
>> episodes of Series 8 when the Master was turned into a women and the
>> body and legacy of the Brigadier was defiled by being turned into a
>> Cyberman along with all of the audience's departed loved ones.
>>
>> After that the ratings totally collapsed in half from the start of
>> Series 9 the following year, and now they are 1/4 of what they were
>> during Series 8, standing at only 2.2 million.
>>
>> Get woke, go broke!
>
> And Chibnall nearly put the series into a coffin!

What do you mean nearly? He did put Doctor Who into a coffin. Doctor Who
died in 2017!