A truth that's told with bad intent Beats all the lies you can invent. -- William Blake

arts / rec.arts.tv / Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

SubjectAuthor
* Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailRichA
|`- Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailtrotsky
+* Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailEd Stasiak
|+- Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailBTR1701
|`* Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailRichA
| `* Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailEd Stasiak
|  `- Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 millionmoviePig
`* Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailThe Horny Goat
 `- Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bailAdam H. Kerman

1
Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<sogtml$c4p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128572&group=rec.arts.tv#128572

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 23:30:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 23:30 UTC

Judge imposed combined $1 million bail on the parents of the Michigan
school shooter.

I realize that they're charged with counts of involuntary manslaughter
but the damage has been done. Even if I buy the involuntary manslaughter
charges, this bail setting sounds absurd. Just order then two of them
not to purchase any additional rifles.

Of course they're a flight risk, because it's gotten to be ridiculous.

Seems to me that school officials might have similar liability to the
parents for not immediately expelling the student or getting him
counseling they determined was necessary, even if the parents weren't
cooperating. But they haven't been charged criminally.

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<e3433fa0-585e-4f15-8b77-ecd446396050n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128587&group=rec.arts.tv#128587

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 16:36:47 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 00:36 UTC

On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 18:30:33 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Judge imposed combined $1 million bail on the parents of the Michigan
> school shooter.
>
> I realize that they're charged with counts of involuntary manslaughter
> but the damage has been done. Even if I buy the involuntary manslaughter
> charges, this bail setting sounds absurd. Just order then two of them
> not to purchase any additional rifles.
>
> Of course they're a flight risk, because it's gotten to be ridiculous.
>
> Seems to me that school officials might have similar liability to the
> parents for not immediately expelling the student or getting him
> counseling they determined was necessary, even if the parents weren't
> cooperating. But they haven't been charged criminally.

Political grandstanding. Notice rather than addressing the media alone, they always have some f------ entourage? It's ALL theatre.
They shouldn't even have been charged. The kid was "caught" looking up ammunition
on his phone by some school minion, and his mother apparently jokingly told him
he has to avoid getting caught doing that. When I was 15, I owned pellet guns (which at
the time I could buy from any store that carried them without adult supervision) and I read about guns.
No phones, but books and magazines sufficed. Oddly enough, no one suggested calling
the cops at the time so why should they have done that to the kid? Going to report every single kid
who reads "unacceptable" material to the police? A hugely abusive way to violate people's
rights and privacy on the basis of finding the psycho needles in the haystacks.

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<fc5b7794-efe1-4ab6-b044-19f8ba589383n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128593&group=rec.arts.tv#128593

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 17:22:00 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 01:22 UTC

> Adam H. Kerman
>
> Judge imposed combined $1 million bail on the parents of the Michigan
> school shooter.

Apparently the shooter kid’s parent left him swinging in the wind after
his arrest and withdrew $4000 from their bank account and went on the
lam, before being caught hiding out in a run-down industrial building in
Detroit.

And judging by the kid making a drawing of guns and dead people with
comments about death and killing, as well as getting caught looking
up ammo prices two days before, it seems like he was unconsciously
trying to get someone to help him but the parents brushed off sending
him to a psychiatrist and the stupid school administration let him go
back to class _that day_ without even bothering to search him or his
backpack…

I’m guessing the school is going to get sued six-ways-to-Sunday.

https://news.yahoo.com/james-jennifer-crumbleys-vehicle-found-061840735.html
December 4, 2021

James and Jennifer Crumbley caught, arrested after vehicle is found in Detroit

James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of the teen charged in the Oxford High School shooting, were located and arrested early Saturday in Detroit after a citizen saw their vehicle and called police.

"Yes, they are both in custody and will be on the way to the Oakland County Jail soon," said Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe. "Kudos to Detroit PD and all the other agencies that assisted."

Police arrived at the scene, in the area of the 1100 block of Bellevue near E. Lafayette, about 10 p.m. or 10:30 p.m., Detroit Police Chief James White told reporters about 3 a.m. Saturday morning.

It's believed the Crumbleys — facing charges of involuntary manslaughter connected to the Oxford High School mass shooting in which their son is accused — were let into a commercial building by someone, White said.

Police know who that someone is and those who aided the couple could face criminal charges, White said.

The Crumbleys were found hiding inside and were "distressed" White said. They were unarmed.

He said security video had helped officers by revealing one of the Crumbleys entering the building.

Authorities had been searching for the Crumbleys most of the day Friday after they were charged with four counts each of involuntary manslaughter in the shooting deaths at the high school in northern suburban Detroit. Their son, Ethan Crumbley, is charged with terrorism and first-degree murder in the case.

The Crumbley parents did not show for their arraignment Friday afternoon in Rochester Hills and the U.S. Marshals Service offered a reward for information leading to their arrests.

The tip led officers to search through the Bellevue building, home to several businesses. Police could be seen outside the building and in SWAT gear outside a nearby home about 12:45 a.m. as other officers checked the area, combing nearby properties with flashlights.

The area on Detroit's near east side is peppered with light industrial buildings and is located a couple blocks north of the Detroit River, just west of Belle Isle.

White praised his officers, and said Detroit was going to use whatever manpower was necessary to aid the victims from the high school shooting in Oxford Township, which is about a 45 minute drive from where the Crumbleys were discovered. The Tuesday tragedy has touched the whole country, he said.

"We've got a number of victims in Oxford, it takes as much manpower as it takes. ... We're tired of this," he said. "I mean, it's awful."

The investigation of the shootings and the search for the Crumbleys was led by the Oakland County Sheriff's Office. McCabe previously said the vehicle was found around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

“The owner of the building arrived and saw the car in the back parking lot, knew it didn’t belong there, went to investigate,” McCabe told the Free Press.

The building’s owner immediately recognized the car from information put out by law enforcement, checked the license plate, which matched, and called 911.

“There was a woman nearby sitting near the car smoking a cigarette,” McCabe said, adding that she walked away.

Sean O’Neill, 40, of Detroit, looked on with his wife, Jocelyn, as police worked about 12:30 a.m. The two had responded to a security company call that the alarm to their rare tropical plants business inside the Bellevue building was triggered. It could have been the cops working, he noted.

The couple had arrived about midnight to see the massive police response.

“They’ve been searching with the dogs back there and you see the flashlights in the woods,” he said, waiting for a chance to turn the alarm off.

As of 1:10 a.m., police were stopping passers-by, shining lights and requesting information about whether people had seen anything

By about 1:45 a.m., the Crumbleys were under arrest.

The couple was turned over to the U.S. Marshals and the Oakland County Sheriff's Office, White said. They are expected to be arraigned on the criminal charges later Saturday.

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<atropos-8CE389.17523804122021@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128594&group=rec.arts.tv#128594

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 17:52:38 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 01:52 UTC

In article <fc5b7794-efe1-4ab6-b044-19f8ba589383n@googlegroups.com>,
Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Adam H. Kerman
> >
> > Judge imposed combined $1 million bail on the parents of the Michigan
> > school shooter.
>
> Apparently the shooter kid's parent left him swinging in the wind after
> his arrest and withdrew $4000 from their bank account and went on the
> lam, before being caught hiding out in a run-down industrial building in
> Detroit.
>
> And judging by the kid making a drawing of guns and dead people with
> comments about death and killing, as well as getting caught looking
> up ammo prices two days before, it seems like he was unconsciously
> trying to get someone to help him but the parents brushed off sending
> him to a psychiatrist and the stupid school administration let him go
> back to class _that day_ without even bothering to search him or his
> backpack...
>
> I'm guessing the school is going to get sued six-ways-to-Sunday.
>
> https://news.yahoo.com/james-jennifer-crumbleys-vehicle-found-061840735.html
> December 4, 2021
>
> James and Jennifer Crumbley caught, arrested after vehicle is found in
> Detroit

> The Crumbley parents did not show for their arraignment Friday afternoon in
> Rochester Hills and the U.S. Marshals Service offered a reward for
> information leading to their arrests.

Why were the Marshals involved? The warrant is for state charges and
they hadn't crossed any state lines fleeing prosecution so it seems like
there's no jurisdiction here for the Marshals.

> The tip led officers to search through the Bellevue building, home to several
> businesses. Police could be seen outside the building and in SWAT gear
> outside a nearby home about 12:45 a.m. as other officers checked the area,
> combing nearby properties with flashlights.
>
> The area on Detroit's near east side is peppered with light industrial
> buildings and is located a couple blocks north of the Detroit River, just
> west of Belle Isle.

That's where the 4400 appeared!

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<4fe71c61-82df-42e2-aec8-5b7a0d658b54n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128604&group=rec.arts.tv#128604

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:49:04 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 04:49 UTC

On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 20:22:03 UTC-5, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> > Adam H. Kerman
> >
> > Judge imposed combined $1 million bail on the parents of the Michigan
> > school shooter.
> Apparently the shooter kid’s parent left him swinging in the wind after
> his arrest and withdrew $4000 from their bank account and went on the
> lam, before being caught hiding out in a run-down industrial building in
> Detroit.
>
> And judging by the kid making a drawing of guns and dead people with
> comments about death and killing, as well as getting caught looking
> up ammo prices two days before, it seems like he was unconsciously
> trying to get someone to help him but the parents brushed off sending
> him to a psychiatrist and the stupid school administration let him go
> back to class _that day_ without even bothering to search him or his
> backpack…
>
> I’m guessing the school is going to get sued six-ways-to-Sunday.
>
> https://news.yahoo.com/james-jennifer-crumbleys-vehicle-found-061840735.html
> December 4, 2021
>
> James and Jennifer Crumbley caught, arrested after vehicle is found in Detroit

In other news, 160 parents of swarming thug robberies in San Francisco were arrested and charged as accessories to their children's robberies. No, really. Honest!

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<16bdd71d0508afb6$1$3300346$52d51861@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128632&group=rec.arts.tv#128632

Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 05:05:59 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 11:05 UTC

On 12/4/2021 6:36 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 18:30:33 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Judge imposed combined $1 million bail on the parents of the Michigan
>> school shooter.
>>
>> I realize that they're charged with counts of involuntary manslaughter
>> but the damage has been done. Even if I buy the involuntary manslaughter
>> charges, this bail setting sounds absurd. Just order then two of them
>> not to purchase any additional rifles.
>>
>> Of course they're a flight risk, because it's gotten to be ridiculous.
>>
>> Seems to me that school officials might have similar liability to the
>> parents for not immediately expelling the student or getting him
>> counseling they determined was necessary, even if the parents weren't
>> cooperating. But they haven't been charged criminally.
>
> Political grandstanding. Notice rather than addressing the media alone, they always have some f------ entourage? It's ALL theatre.
> They shouldn't even have been charged. The kid was "caught" looking up ammunition
> on his phone by some school minion, and his mother apparently jokingly told him
> he has to avoid getting caught doing that. When I was 15, I owned pellet guns (which at
> the time I could buy from any store that carried them without adult supervision) and I read about guns.
> No phones, but books and magazines sufficed. Oddly enough, no one suggested calling
> the cops at the time so why should they have done that to the kid? Going to report every single kid
> who reads "unacceptable" material to the police? A hugely abusive way to violate people's
> rights and privacy on the basis of finding the psycho needles in the haystacks.

Excellent job voicing your opinion. As ever, it's just a huge pile of
shit that will be summarily ignored.

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<1e9e8c0f-133a-4072-964e-590c3b13a98an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128648&group=rec.arts.tv#128648

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 06:18:28 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:18 UTC

> RichA
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > James and Jennifer Crumbley caught, arrested after vehicle is found in Detroit
>
> In other news, 160 parents of swarming thug robberies in San Francisco were arrested
> and charged as accessories to their children's robberies. No, really. Honest!

Good point. I wonder how many parents of underaged gangbangers arrested for murders,
shootings and other crimes, end up being prosecuted or even charged with anything for
failing to keep their kids under control?

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<Hu4rJ.91592$qz4.19520@fx97.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128653&group=rec.arts.tv#128653

Subject: Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million
bail
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:00:55 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 15:00 UTC

On 12/5/2021 9:18 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> RichA
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> James and Jennifer Crumbley caught, arrested after vehicle is found in Detroit
>>
>> In other news, 160 parents of swarming thug robberies in San Francisco were arrested
>> and charged as accessories to their children's robberies. No, really. Honest!
>
> Good point. I wonder how many parents of underaged gangbangers arrested for murders,
> shootings and other crimes, end up being prosecuted or even charged with anything for
> failing to keep their kids under control?

I don't understand how these parents, though possibly the World's Worst,
can be charged for the actions of a kid being tried as an adult...

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<fqtpqghgj43rgqj9931lnq0ooogj9e2udb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128719&group=rec.arts.tv#128719

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 09:35:16 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:35 UTC

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 23:30:29 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Judge imposed combined $1 million bail on the parents of the Michigan
>school shooter.
>
>I realize that they're charged with counts of involuntary manslaughter
>but the damage has been done. Even if I buy the involuntary manslaughter
>charges, this bail setting sounds absurd. Just order then two of them
>not to purchase any additional rifles.

How does that help? If somebody hands them a rifle (a la the
Rittenhouse case which is how he crossed state lines but his gun
didn't) how is the danger reduced?

We had a case recently where some rich punk (who "just happened" not
to be a citizen) had his Porsche seized after his 4th speeding offense
when he was driving 3x the speed limit (on a bridge after midnight)
but that doesn't stop him getting into another car and putting pedal
to the metal

Just more expensive. And of course if he drives again (his licence was
also lifted) he gets to hire a lawyer to try to keep him out of jail.

Re: Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail

<soj85f$m1p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128765&group=rec.arts.tv#128765

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:41:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:41 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Sat, 4 Dec 2021 23:30:29 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>Judge imposed combined $1 million bail on the parents of the Michigan
>>school shooter.

>>I realize that they're charged with counts of involuntary manslaughter
>>but the damage has been done. Even if I buy the involuntary manslaughter
>>charges, this bail setting sounds absurd. Just order then two of them
>>not to purchase any additional rifles.

>How does that help? If somebody hands them a rifle (a la the
>Rittenhouse case which is how he crossed state lines but his gun
>didn't) how is the danger reduced?

Fine. Order them not to purchase nor receive any guns, nor to transfer
any guns to any friends or relatives. They can sell them back to a gun
dealer.

>We had a case recently where some rich punk (who "just happened" not
>to be a citizen) had his Porsche seized after his 4th speeding offense
>when he was driving 3x the speed limit (on a bridge after midnight)
>but that doesn't stop him getting into another car and putting pedal
>to the metal

>Just more expensive. And of course if he drives again (his licence was
>also lifted) he gets to hire a lawyer to try to keep him out of jail.

I'm thinking the parents would obey bail conditions even if a much lower
bail were set.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Parents of Michigan teen school shooter subject to $1 million bail