Xerox does it again and again and again and ...

arts / rec.arts.tv / Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

SubjectAuthor
* Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimEd Stasiak
+* Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimBTR1701
|`* Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Himtrotsky
| +- Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimNoBody
| `- Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimUbiquitous
`* Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimmoviePig
 +* Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimThe Horny Goat
 |`- Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimmoviePig
 `* Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimEd Stasiak
  `* Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimmoviePig
   `- Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By HimThe Horny Goat

1
Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<8998fc3d-1fa4-4558-b228-98fed62c2322n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128591&group=rec.arts.tv#128591

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 16:59:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 00:59 UTC

https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/alec-baldwin-blames-victim-in-sickening-interview/
December 3, 2021

Alec Baldwin blames the victim in sickening interview

Just when you think Alec Baldwin can’t go any lower, he blames Halyna Hutchins, the woman he shot to death, for getting shot to death.

“Everything is at her direction,” Baldwin told a sycophantic George Stephanopoulos during a jaw-dropping, hourlong interview that aired Thursday night.

“I’m holding the gun where she told me to hold it,” Baldwin said, “which ended up right below her armpit. Which is what I was told — I don’t know.”

There was so much Baldwin claimed not to know.

And Stephanopoulos, his longtime friend from the Hamptons — not that the average viewer would know that — was only too eager to pitch softball after softball.

Yes, one of ABC’s leading journalists — I use that term loosely — hardly challenged Baldwin when he claimed, repeatedly, that he never pulled the trigger, that the gun just went rogue.

“I would never point a gun at anyone,” Baldwin said — despite his earlier assertion that Hutchins had told him to point the gun at her, so he did — “and pull the trigger at them. Never..”

“The bullet striking and killing that woman came out of the barrel of the gun pointed directly at her,” says retired FBI Agent Bobby Chacon, who now works as a writer and on-set consultant in Hollywood.

“Bullets don’t curve. He isn’t in ‘The Matrix.’ The trigger would still have to be pulled.”

“I’m not aware of any gun firing itself,” says Steve Wolf, a Hollywood firearms and special-effects expert since 1994. “I’ve never seen a gun self-discharge. A single-action revolver like this” — the Colt that Baldwin fired — “can be discharged very easily, with minimal input required … The trigger still must have been pressed.”

Wolf is also outraged by a larger concern. “It’s really important to discredit anyone who claims that guns fire themselves,” he says. “If this becomes an acceptable defense, there goes any accountability when it comes to shooting people. We can’t have this kind of ‘guns shoot themselves’ thing. They don’t.”

Perhaps — perhaps — Baldwin is in denial. That’s the generous interpretation, but it’s hard to feel generous toward him when he and his wife have been behaving so deplorably.

There was the jaunt to Vermont immediately after the shooting, shopping at Ralph Lauren and buying out a local tavern, sitting right in front of the window where paparazzi could get unobstructed pictures.

Then came the bizarre roadside press conference in which Hilaria yelled self-righteously at the press while angling to get in every camera frame. All quickly followed by the gross Instagram posts on Halloween and after, raving about how happy their children are, while Hutchins’ son, only 9 when she died, was so traumatized, he couldn’t speak for two days after her death.

On Thursday morning, hours before this interview aired, Baldwin was photographed going for coffee and loading up his car — en route to the Hamptons, no doubt — while his gross fraud of a wife, Hilaria, strutted around in metallic leggings, four-inch heels and a gold $1,900 Moncler vest.

Thursday’s little gambit, Baldwin attempting to elicit sympathy while pointing the finger at everyone else, was an epic miscalculation.

He truly believes we’ll feel sorry for him — Alec Baldwin, one of Hollywood’s biggest bullies and rage monsters, attempting to squeeze out tears as he laments how this has ruined his love of moviemaking.

Stephanopoulos is equally to blame here. This was an embarrassing line of questioning.

“What was it that drew you to this project in the first place,” Stephanopoulos asked, “to ‘Rust’?”

Who cares? What is this — an episode of “Access Hollywood”?

“People who are watching this show,” Baldwin said — meaning people like you and me, the little people — “you have no idea how unique a motion picture set is … the amount of care …”

Care? That’s rich given what we know about this set, the seven crew members who walked out that very morning over documented safety concerns, at least two accidental gun discharges, one accidental special-effects explosion and a young, inexperienced armorer — but, hey, sure, let’s go with “care.”

“I looked at all these people, and I see how hard they worked and they’re so conscientious” — unbelievable — “and you’re part of one of the great collaborative processes in the world: moviemaking.”

Here’s the essence of this tragedy: It was just a movie. A fast, cheap and out-of-control production that cost a young wife and mother her life.

Ignore Baldwin’s excuses. Everyone from Chacon to Wolf to George Clooney and others has said safety protocols on set are specific, simple, exact, rigorous and to be followed to the letter every time.

Every. Single. Time.

In speaking to me a few weeks ago, Wolf presented an interesting hypothetical: “If that scene required [Baldwin] to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger, I’m sure he would have taken a look inside the gun. Wouldn’t you?”

If only Stephanopoulos had asked that question.

Instead, we learned that Baldwin now has nightmares (poor him!), feels no guilt, and fully expects Hutchins’ widower, Matthew, to sue — but is feeling pretty confident that he won’t be charged criminally and that Matthew won’t come after him personally.

“Someone is responsible for what happened,” Baldwin said, “and I know it’s not me.”

After this interview — and Baldwin’s callous demeanor these past few weeks — Matthew Hutchins, especially, might feel differently.

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<atropos-7A8B4F.17590204122021@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128595&group=rec.arts.tv#128595

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 17:59:02 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 01:59 UTC

In article <8998fc3d-1fa4-4558-b228-98fed62c2322n@googlegroups.com>,
Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ignore Baldwin's excuses. Everyone from Chacon to Wolf to George Clooney and
> others has said safety protocols on set are specific, simple, exact, rigorous
> and to be followed to the letter every time.
>
> Every. Single. Time.
>
> In speaking to me a few weeks ago, Wolf presented an interesting
> hypothetical: "If that scene required [Baldwin] to put the gun to his head
> and pull the trigger, I'm sure he would have taken a look inside the gun.
> Wouldn't you?"

This right here. I said the same thing to some friends a last week when
this came up over dinner.

I always cringe when I see people in movies put gun barrels in their
mouths or at their temples. Unless that was just a rubber gun, I'd have
real problems doing that even with a gun I'd personally determined
wasn't loaded.

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<%JWqJ.83969$aF1.57968@fx98.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128600&group=rec.arts.tv#128600

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:54:34 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 03:54 UTC

On 12/4/2021 7:59 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/alec-baldwin-blames-victim-in-sickening-interview/
> December 3, 2021

Exactly what is "loony leftie" Baldwin being accused of here?
Deliberately killing Hutchins? Depraved indifference? Was he in her
will? He apparently wasn't as careful as he could have been, but it's
quite likely he was more careful than *some* would've been. Would every
villager now bearing a pitchfork with Baldwin's name on it have sounded
the alarm had they been on-site watching the events unfold (as Hutchins
was and presumably did)? Accidents happen ...even the accidents that
aren't supposed to and make us angry and, ideally, wiser.

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<0inoqg1u3a4cjvbbonodn8gvkqk5ub8ng9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128608&group=rec.arts.tv#128608

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 22:39:30 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 06:39 UTC

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:54:34 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
wrote:

>Exactly what is "loony leftie" Baldwin being accused of here?
>Deliberately killing Hutchins? Depraved indifference? Was he in her
>will? He apparently wasn't as careful as he could have been, but it's
>quite likely he was more careful than *some* would've been. Would every
>villager now bearing a pitchfork with Baldwin's name on it have sounded
>the alarm had they been on-site watching the events unfold (as Hutchins
>was and presumably did)? Accidents happen ...even the accidents that
>aren't supposed to and make us angry and, ideally, wiser.

In Canada this would be either manslaughter or criminal negligence
causing death. Both are serious, CNCD usually being reserved for
automotive cases where the driver displayed a shocking degree of
cluelessness usually without alcohol being involved.

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<16bdd56ec5ea98aa$1$3165828$cad58068@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128621&group=rec.arts.tv#128621

Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 04:35:11 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:35 UTC

On 12/4/2021 7:59 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <8998fc3d-1fa4-4558-b228-98fed62c2322n@googlegroups.com>,
> Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Ignore Baldwin's excuses. Everyone from Chacon to Wolf to George Clooney and
>> others has said safety protocols on set are specific, simple, exact, rigorous
>> and to be followed to the letter every time.
>>
>> Every. Single. Time.
>>
>> In speaking to me a few weeks ago, Wolf presented an interesting
>> hypothetical: "If that scene required [Baldwin] to put the gun to his head
>> and pull the trigger, I'm sure he would have taken a look inside the gun.
>> Wouldn't you?"
>
> This right here. I said the same thing to some friends a last week when
> this came up over dinner.

(Read: Proud Boys.)

> I always cringe when I see people in movies put gun barrels in their
> mouths or at their temples. Unless that was just a rubber gun, I'd have
> real problems doing that even with a gun I'd personally determined
> wasn't loaded.

One has to wonder if there is anything you don't have "problems" with.
(Read: psychological problems.)

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<949b3b34-5a3c-459f-822c-f9f63a1cc85an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128649&group=rec.arts.tv#128649

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 06:32:43 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:32 UTC

> moviePig
>
> Exactly what is "loony leftie" Baldwin being accused of here?
> Deliberately killing Hutchins? Depraved indifference? Was he in her
> will? He apparently wasn't as careful as he could have been, but it's
> quite likely he was more careful than *some* would've been.

He literally KILLED HER.

I dunno how one can be _less_ careful then that?…

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<Xa4rJ.111866$3q9.93441@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128650&group=rec.arts.tv#128650

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 09:39:50 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:39 UTC

On 12/5/2021 1:39 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:54:34 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Exactly what is "loony leftie" Baldwin being accused of here?
>> Deliberately killing Hutchins? Depraved indifference? Was he in her
>> will? He apparently wasn't as careful as he could have been, but it's
>> quite likely he was more careful than *some* would've been. Would every
>> villager now bearing a pitchfork with Baldwin's name on it have sounded
>> the alarm had they been on-site watching the events unfold (as Hutchins
>> was and presumably did)? Accidents happen ...even the accidents that
>> aren't supposed to and make us angry and, ideally, wiser.
>
> In Canada this would be either manslaughter or criminal negligence
> causing death. Both are serious, CNCD usually being reserved for
> automotive cases where the driver displayed a shocking degree of
> cluelessness usually without alcohol being involved.

Afaics, that would hinge on whether Baldwin believed -- *reasonably* --
that the gun was cold. And *that* judgement (about him) presumably
would hinge on what safety measures he took and whether they met a
standard of known, common practice. If he were just some bit-player
rather than a hot-button celebrity, do we imagine that demands for his
head would be half so strident?...

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<VM4rJ.52799$1d1.27063@fx99.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128655&group=rec.arts.tv#128655

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:20:20 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 15:20 UTC

On 12/5/2021 9:32 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> moviePig
>>
>> Exactly what is "loony leftie" Baldwin being accused of here?
>> Deliberately killing Hutchins? Depraved indifference? Was he in her
>> will? He apparently wasn't as careful as he could have been, but it's
>> quite likely he was more careful than *some* would've been.
>
> He literally KILLED HER.
>
> I dunno how one can be _less_ careful then that?…

Sure you do. E.g., he could've rushed onto the set, grabbed a gun off a
nearby table, and started pumping clicks wildly around him ...and 99% of
the time, there'd have been zero injury despite maximum carelessness.

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<abppqgdv6mf2ue2tmdtdtiqn8uf72au8sd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128709&group=rec.arts.tv#128709

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 11:17:28 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 16:17 UTC

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 04:35:11 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>On 12/4/2021 7:59 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <8998fc3d-1fa4-4558-b228-98fed62c2322n@googlegroups.com>,
>> Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Ignore Baldwin's excuses. Everyone from Chacon to Wolf to George Clooney and
>>> others has said safety protocols on set are specific, simple, exact, rigorous
>>> and to be followed to the letter every time.
>>>
>>> Every. Single. Time.
>>>
>>> In speaking to me a few weeks ago, Wolf presented an interesting
>>> hypothetical: "If that scene required [Baldwin] to put the gun to his head
>>> and pull the trigger, I'm sure he would have taken a look inside the gun.
>>> Wouldn't you?"
>>
>> This right here. I said the same thing to some friends a last week when
>> this came up over dinner.
>

>(Read: Proud Boys.)

No reason to go there. It's a perfectly valid discussion that many
people have had.

>> I always cringe when I see people in movies put gun barrels in their
>> mouths or at their temples. Unless that was just a rubber gun, I'd have
>> real problems doing that even with a gun I'd personally determined
>> wasn't loaded.
>

>One has to wonder if there is anything you don't have "problems" with.
>(Read: psychological problems.)

An innocent person is DEAD because of absolute neglect by many people.
It's not a "psychological problem" to have an issue with giving them
all a pass.

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<n0tpqgt9are95qu46uck92nhd7go8j6tv8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128715&group=rec.arts.tv#128715

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 09:18:37 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:18 UTC

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:20:20 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
wrote:

>Sure you do. E.g., he could've rushed onto the set, grabbed a gun off a
>nearby table, and started pumping clicks wildly around him ...and 99% of
>the time, there'd have been zero injury despite maximum carelessness.

Well that's fine but if you do do that you understand of course that
you are playing Russian Roulette with somebody ELSE's life and there
are responsibilities if you do that.

It's not like you're out on the open prairies shooting beer cans off
fence posts you know.

Re: Alec Baldwin Blames Victim For Being Shot By Him

<sonqv0$614$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129182&group=rec.arts.tv#129182

Followup: alt.troll
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 09:26:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 14:26 UTC

gmsingh@email.com wrote:
> On 12/4/2021 7:59 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Ignore Baldwin's excuses. Everyone from Chacon to Wolf to George Clooney
>>> and others has said safety protocols on set are specific, simple, exact,
>>> rigorous and to be followed to the letter every time.
>>>
>>> Every. Single. Time.
>>>
>>> In speaking to me a few weeks ago, Wolf presented an interesting
>>> hypothetical: "If that scene required [Baldwin] to put the gun to his
>>> head and pull the trigger, I'm sure he would have taken a look inside
>>> the gun. Wouldn't you?"
>>
>> This right here. I said the same thing to some friends a last week when
>> this came up over dinner.
>
>(Read: Proud Boys.)
>
>> I always cringe when I see people in movies put gun barrels in their
>> mouths or at their temples. Unless that was just a rubber gun, I'd have
>> real problems doing that even with a gun I'd personally determined
>> wasn't loaded.
>
>One has to wonder if there is anything you don't have "problems" with.
>(Read: psychological problems.)

In other words, "trotsky" lost another debate.

--
Let's go Brandon!