From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Phil Harvey died; fought for pr0n and reproductive rights
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 05:45:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 05:45 UTC

It's an unwelcome irony that Phil Harvey, a crusader for sexual freedoms
died the week oral (heh heh heh) arguments were heard before a Supreme
Court filled with fuddy duddies who are chomping at the bit to rule that
the liberty clause in the constitution does not preserve reproductive
rights. First it's abortion. Next it'll be contraception.

Harvey founded a mail-order business Adam & Eve to sell contraception. He
expanded into selling pr0n and was investigated and taken to court by the
Reagan administration. He spent millions of dollars and a lot of time
over six years fighting for speech rights. When his business moved to
Hillsborough, North Carolina, the religious congregations and ministers
tried to fight his business move through zoning and building codes,
but he ultimately won.

He used business profits to support charitable endeavours to provide
family planning services in poor countries.

Re: Phil Harvey died; fought for pr0n and reproductive rights

<6ee64928-75b8-46e4-adb2-009478c592b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128901&group=rec.arts.tv#128901

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 23:16:33 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 07:16 UTC

On Monday, 6 December 2021 at 00:45:05 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> It's an unwelcome irony that Phil Harvey, a crusader for sexual freedoms
> died the week oral (heh heh heh) arguments were heard before a Supreme
> Court filled with fuddy duddies who are chomping at the bit to rule
> the liberty clause in the constitution does not preserve reproductive
> rights. First it's abortion. Next it'll be contraception.
>
> Harvey founded a mail-order business Adam & Eve to sell contraception. He
> expanded into selling pr0n and was investigated and taken to court by the
> Reagan administration. He spent millions of dollars and a lot of time
> over six years fighting for speech rights. When his business moved to
> Hillsborough, North Carolina, the religious congregations and ministers
> tried to fight his business move through zoning and building codes,
> but he ultimately won.
>
> He used business profits to support charitable endeavours to provide
> family planning services in poor countries.

Figures. The only free speech a leftist recognizes is producing porn. Free "speech" they hate.

Re: Phil Harvey died; fought for pr0n and reproductive rights

<16be2b072ec41d7d$1$2230235$d54a64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128920&group=rec.arts.tv#128920

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 06:43:43 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 12:43 UTC

On 12/6/2021 1:16 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 6 December 2021 at 00:45:05 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> It's an unwelcome irony that Phil Harvey, a crusader for sexual freedoms
>> died the week oral (heh heh heh) arguments were heard before a Supreme
>> Court filled with fuddy duddies who are chomping at the bit to rule
>> the liberty clause in the constitution does not preserve reproductive
>> rights. First it's abortion. Next it'll be contraception.
>>
>> Harvey founded a mail-order business Adam & Eve to sell contraception. He
>> expanded into selling pr0n and was investigated and taken to court by the
>> Reagan administration. He spent millions of dollars and a lot of time
>> over six years fighting for speech rights. When his business moved to
>> Hillsborough, North Carolina, the religious congregations and ministers
>> tried to fight his business move through zoning and building codes,
>> but he ultimately won.
>>
>> He used business profits to support charitable endeavours to provide
>> family planning services in poor countries.
>
> Figures. The only free speech a leftist recognizes is producing porn. Free "speech" they hate.

Uh oh, you're sounding like a vegetable again.

Re: Phil Harvey died; fought for pr0n and reproductive rights

<atropos-F6D244.09282406122021@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128968&group=rec.arts.tv#128968

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 09:28:24 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 17:28 UTC

In article <6ee64928-75b8-46e4-adb2-009478c592b5n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 6 December 2021 at 00:45:05 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> > It's an unwelcome irony that Phil Harvey, a crusader for sexual freedoms
> > died the week oral (heh heh heh) arguments were heard before a Supreme
> > Court filled with fuddy duddies who are chomping at the bit to rule
> > the liberty clause in the constitution does not preserve reproductive
> > rights. First it's abortion. Next it'll be contraception.
> >
> > Harvey founded a mail-order business Adam & Eve to sell contraception. He
> > expanded into selling pr0n and was investigated and taken to court by the
> > Reagan administration. He spent millions of dollars and a lot of time
> > over six years fighting for speech rights. When his business moved to
> > Hillsborough, North Carolina, the religious congregations and ministers
> > tried to fight his business move through zoning and building codes,
> > but he ultimately won.
> >
> > He used business profits to support charitable endeavours to provide
> > family planning services in poor countries.
>
> Figures. The only free speech a leftist recognizes is producing porn. Free
> "speech" they hate.

Unfortunately, in today's climate, the way the left-wing has morphed
into a Stasi-like thought police, Rich is correct.

Re: Phil Harvey died; fought for pr0n and reproductive rights

<soljvv$i9l$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128978&group=rec.arts.tv#128978

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 18:15:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 18:15 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Monday, 6 December 2021 at 00:45:05 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>>It's an unwelcome irony that Phil Harvey, a crusader for sexual freedoms
>>>died the week oral (heh heh heh) arguments were heard before a Supreme
>>>Court filled with fuddy duddies who are chomping at the bit to rule
>>>the liberty clause in the constitution does not preserve reproductive
>>>rights. First it's abortion. Next it'll be contraception.

>>>Harvey founded a mail-order business Adam & Eve to sell contraception. He
>>>expanded into selling pr0n and was investigated and taken to court by the
>>>Reagan administration. He spent millions of dollars and a lot of time
>>>over six years fighting for speech rights. When his business moved to
>>>Hillsborough, North Carolina, the religious congregations and ministers
>>>tried to fight his business move through zoning and building codes,
>>>but he ultimately won.

>>>He used business profits to support charitable endeavours to provide
>>>family planning services in poor countries.

>>Figures. The only free speech a leftist recognizes is producing porn. Free
>>"speech" they hate.

>Unfortunately, in today's climate, the way the left-wing has morphed
>into a Stasi-like thought police, Rich is correct.

That means you disagree with Rich, given that the Stasi-like thought police
of the contemporary left wing would never allow pr0n to be produced as
it gives offense.

Phil Harvey was a libertarian. He said so. He put his money where his
mouth was to fight for liberty over most of a decade.

Rich can take his second-guessing and shove it up his ass.

Re: Phil Harvey died; fought for pr0n and reproductive rights

<16be42a39d6dd899$1$3588101$6d54c64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129023&group=rec.arts.tv#129023

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 13:56:23 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 19:56 UTC

On 12/6/2021 11:28 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <6ee64928-75b8-46e4-adb2-009478c592b5n@googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, 6 December 2021 at 00:45:05 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>> It's an unwelcome irony that Phil Harvey, a crusader for sexual freedoms
>>> died the week oral (heh heh heh) arguments were heard before a Supreme
>>> Court filled with fuddy duddies who are chomping at the bit to rule
>>> the liberty clause in the constitution does not preserve reproductive
>>> rights. First it's abortion. Next it'll be contraception.
>>>
>>> Harvey founded a mail-order business Adam & Eve to sell contraception. He
>>> expanded into selling pr0n and was investigated and taken to court by the
>>> Reagan administration. He spent millions of dollars and a lot of time
>>> over six years fighting for speech rights. When his business moved to
>>> Hillsborough, North Carolina, the religious congregations and ministers
>>> tried to fight his business move through zoning and building codes,
>>> but he ultimately won.
>>>
>>> He used business profits to support charitable endeavours to provide
>>> family planning services in poor countries.
>>
>> Figures. The only free speech a leftist recognizes is producing porn. Free
>> "speech" they hate.
>
> Unfortunately, in today's climate, the way the left-wing has morphed
> into a Stasi-like thought police, Rich is correct.

I can see why you'd say this, I'm sure the heterosexual porn is very
disturbing to you gay guys.