Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

SubjectAuthor
* CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN StaffeUbiquitous
`* Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN StBTR1701
 +- Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Sttrotsky
 `* Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN StA Friend
  +* Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN StBTR1701
  |+* Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So ManymoviePig
  ||`- Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Sttrotsky
  |`- Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Sttrotsky
  `- Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Sttrotsky

1
CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<OKCdnUCNAf_CqjP8nZ2dnUU7-X0AAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128949&group=rec.arts.tv#128949

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 11:16:18 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 16:16 UTC

CNN�s Brian Stelter dunked on fired network host Chris Cuomo on
Saturday while breaking the news to CNN�s television audience live on
the air.

Stelter said that Cuomo �violated journalistic ethics and norms not
once or twice, but many times,� adding that Cuomo �had been suspended
not just, you know, for a week, not in the kind of way that�s a fake
suspension to take pressure off CNN, this was a real suspension.�

When talking about the �additional information� that the network
learned about Cuomo during the course of their investigation, Stelter
said he did not know if CNN would ever reveal what that information
was.

�I think this may be a situation, Jim, just drawing on my years as a
media reporter, I think this may be a situation where it was death by a
1,000 cuts, where there were just so many headaches, time and time
again, involving Chris Cuomo, that even though many viewers loved
watching �Cuomo Prime Time� and looked forward to his show, that he was
causing so many headaches for the network and for CNN staffers, that
ultimately this decision was reached,� Stelter said. �That�s just
drawing on my background, you know, covering other stories like this. I
do think, you know, this is a moment where journalistic ethics are at
play. And I know there were many CNN staffers very unhappy with the
situation, very frustrated by Chris Cuomo.�

WATCH:

This was the moment that CNN broke news to its 19 viewers
that the network fired its only star, host Chris Cuomo.
pic.twitter.com/5vsdssiLIu

� Jason Rantz on KTTH Radio (@jasonrantz) December 5, 2021

TRANSCRIPT:

JIM ACOSTA: We have breaking news to report to you right now about CNN
anchor Chris Cuomo. Earlier this week, Cuomo was suspended from CNN
after documents revealed he had been involved more than previously
known in shaping his brother�s, former Governor Andrew Cuomo, defense.
Cuomo, Chris Cuomo we should point out, has now been terminated here at
CNN. That�s the latest breaking news about what�s happening here at
CNN. I want to get to CNN�s Brian Stelter. Brian, obviously this is
huge news, not only inside CNN but for this industry. What can you tell
us?

BRIAN STELTER: Yes, Chris Cuomo, one of the most popular anchors at
CNN, one of the best known names in television news, violated
journalistic ethics and norms not once or twice, but many times. And
that�s ultimately, what is the result of today�s news, Jim. As you
mentioned, Cuomo just terminated by CNN this afternoon. And here�s the
statement from management explaining the decision, saying, �Chris Cuomo
was suspended earlier this week, pending further evaluation of new
information that came to light about his involvement with his brother�s
defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and
have terminated effective immediately. While in the process of that
review, additional information has come to light. Despite the
termination, we will investigate as appropriate.� So this is a big
surprise for a lot of people. Jim, I didn�t expect to be on with you
this evening, talking about this breaking news. But we did know that
Cuomo had been suspended not just, you know, for a week, not in the
kind of way that�s a fake suspension to take pressure off CNN, this was
a real suspension. He was put on the bench indefinitely while
management conducted a review. What we didn�t know until tonight, Jim,
is that an outside law firm also came in, and that the law firm went
through the thousands of pages of text messages and sworn testimony
that was released back on Monday. So there was clearly something in
those documents that was found to be a serious breach of standards and
practices. Of course, it was known months ago that Chris Cuomo was
helping his brother, talking to his brother, while his brother was
trying to hold on to the governorship and defending himself amid sexual
harassment allegations. What we learned this week in those text
messages, and in that sworn testimony, was that he basically was acting
like a staffer. He was like an unpaid staffer for the governor. And he
was doing that at the same time he was working for CNN. Now, there is
one part of the statement, Jim, that we don�t know anything about. Now,
just to be completely transparent with the audience. It says there�s
additional information that also came to light sometime this week. We
don�t know what that is. I�ve asked, there�s no answers coming on what
that could be. What we do know is that Cuomo was terminated earlier
today. We know in the past � I have reached out to Chris, asked him for
comments, and have not heard back yet. We know in the past, he has said
he always put family first. And he said he was sorry to put his CNN
colleagues in a difficult situation. Now that difficult situation will
not exist, because Chris Cuomo has been terminated.

ACOSTA: And Brian, do we know when this new information might be
brought out to the public, and we�ll have a sense as to what this
additional information was?

STELTER: I don�t know, actually, if it ever will, I think that�s very
much unclear. You know, certainly in the years I�ve spent covering
media, we know that companies try to keep these things as private as
possible. But this is playing out in a very public stage because of
Chris Cuomo�s prominence, and because of his relationship with his
brother. I think this may be a situation Jim, just drawing on my years
as a media reporter, I think this may be a situation where it was death
by a 1,000 cuts, where there were just so many headaches, time and time
again, involving Chris Cuomo, that even though many viewers loved
watching �Cuomo Prime Time� and looked forward to his show, that he was
causing so many headaches for the network and for CNN staffers, that
ultimately this decision was reached. That�s just drawing on my
background, you know, covering other stories like this. I do think, you
know, this is a moment where journalistic ethics are at play. And I
know there were many CNN staffers very unhappy with the situation, very
frustrated by Chris Cuomo. At the same time, Jim, I was hearing from
some fans of Chris, some viewers who said, we understood he was looking
out for his family. This was always a very complicated situation. But I
think the text messages and the documents this week, showing that he
was very deeply involved, very cozy with the governor�s office, very
improperly working with the aides, that was ultimately why this
decision was announced tonight.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<atropos-7624DC.09001806122021@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128960&group=rec.arts.tv#128960

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 09:00:18 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 17:00 UTC

In article <OKCdnUCNAf_CqjP8nZ2dnUU7-X0AAAAA@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> CNN's Brian Stelter dunked on fired network host Chris Cuomo on
> Saturday while breaking the news to CNN's television audience live on
> the air.
>
> Stelter said that Cuomo "violated journalistic ethics and norms not
> once or twice, but many times", adding that Cuomo "had been suspended
> not just, you know, for a week, not in the kind of way that's a fake
> suspension to take pressure off CNN, this was a real suspension."
>
> When talking about the "additional information" that the network
> learned about Cuomo during the course of their investigation, Stelter
> said he did not know if CNN would ever reveal what that information
> was.
>
> "I think this may be a situation, Jim, just drawing on my years as a
> media reporter, I think this may be a situation where it was death by a
> 1,000 cuts, where there were just so many headaches, time and time
> again, involving Chris Cuomo, that even though many viewers loved
> watching CUOMO PRIME TIME� and looked forward to his show, that he was
> causing so many headaches for the network and for CNN staffers, that
> ultimately this decision was reached," Stelter said. "That's just
> drawing on my background, you know, covering other stories like this. I
> do think, you know, this is a moment where journalistic ethics are at
> play.

That must be a unique experience for CNN, to experience a moment of
journalistic ethics.

Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<16be422c0f202b08$2$3588101$6d54c64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129014&group=rec.arts.tv#129014

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 13:47:50 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 19:47 UTC

On 12/6/2021 11:00 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <OKCdnUCNAf_CqjP8nZ2dnUU7-X0AAAAA@giganews.com>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> CNN's Brian Stelter dunked on fired network host Chris Cuomo on
>> Saturday while breaking the news to CNN's television audience live on
>> the air.
>>
>> Stelter said that Cuomo "violated journalistic ethics and norms not
>> once or twice, but many times", adding that Cuomo "had been suspended
>> not just, you know, for a week, not in the kind of way that's a fake
>> suspension to take pressure off CNN, this was a real suspension."
>>
>> When talking about the "additional information" that the network
>> learned about Cuomo during the course of their investigation, Stelter
>> said he did not know if CNN would ever reveal what that information
>> was.
>>
>> "I think this may be a situation, Jim, just drawing on my years as a
>> media reporter, I think this may be a situation where it was death by a
>> 1,000 cuts, where there were just so many headaches, time and time
>> again, involving Chris Cuomo, that even though many viewers loved
>> watching CUOMO PRIME TIME� and looked forward to his show, that he was
>> causing so many headaches for the network and for CNN staffers, that
>> ultimately this decision was reached," Stelter said. "That's just
>> drawing on my background, you know, covering other stories like this. I
>> do think, you know, this is a moment where journalistic ethics are at
>> play.
>
> That must be a unique experience for CNN, to experience a moment of
> journalistic ethics.

Compared to Fox Noise? That's the first funny thing I've ever seen you
say!!

Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<061220211528263818%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129043&group=rec.arts.tv#129043

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 15:28:26 -0500
 by: A Friend - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 20:28 UTC

In article <atropos-7624DC.09001806122021@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <OKCdnUCNAf_CqjP8nZ2dnUU7-X0AAAAA@giganews.com>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> > CNN's Brian Stelter dunked on fired network host Chris Cuomo on
> > Saturday while breaking the news to CNN's television audience live on
> > the air.
> >
> > Stelter said that Cuomo "violated journalistic ethics and norms not
> > once or twice, but many times", adding that Cuomo "had been suspended
> > not just, you know, for a week, not in the kind of way that's a fake
> > suspension to take pressure off CNN, this was a real suspension."
> >
> > When talking about the "additional information" that the network
> > learned about Cuomo during the course of their investigation, Stelter
> > said he did not know if CNN would ever reveal what that information
> > was.
> >
> > "I think this may be a situation, Jim, just drawing on my years as a
> > media reporter, I think this may be a situation where it was death by a
> > 1,000 cuts, where there were just so many headaches, time and time
> > again, involving Chris Cuomo, that even though many viewers loved
> > watching CUOMO PRIME TIMEí and looked forward to his show, that he was
> > causing so many headaches for the network and for CNN staffers, that
> > ultimately this decision was reached," Stelter said. "That's just
> > drawing on my background, you know, covering other stories like this. I
> > do think, you know, this is a moment where journalistic ethics are at
> > play.
>
> That must be a unique experience for CNN, to experience a moment of
> journalistic ethics.

When CNN does stuff some people don't like, it gets burned. When CNN
does something they do like, it gets burned anyway.

Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<xJudnc3g48VB7jP8nZ2dnUU7-IOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129047&group=rec.arts.tv#129047

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 14:34:36 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 20:34 UTC

On Dec 6, 2021 at 12:28:26 PM PST, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <atropos-7624DC.09001806122021@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <OKCdnUCNAf_CqjP8nZ2dnUU7-X0AAAAA@giganews.com>,
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>> > CNN's Brian Stelter dunked on fired network host Chris Cuomo on
>> > Saturday while breaking the news to CNN's television audience live on
>> > the air.
>> >
>> > Stelter said that Cuomo "violated journalistic ethics and norms not
>> > once or twice, but many times", adding that Cuomo "had been suspended
>> > not just, you know, for a week, not in the kind of way that's a fake
>> > suspension to take pressure off CNN, this was a real suspension."
>> >
>> > When talking about the "additional information" that the network
>> > learned about Cuomo during the course of their investigation, Stelter
>> > said he did not know if CNN would ever reveal what that information
>> > was.
>> >
>> > "I think this may be a situation, Jim, just drawing on my years as a
>> > media reporter, I think this may be a situation where it was death by a
>> > 1,000 cuts, where there were just so many headaches, time and time
>> > again, involving Chris Cuomo, that even though many viewers loved
>> > watching CUOMO PRIME TIMEí and looked forward to his show, that he was
>> > causing so many headaches for the network and for CNN staffers, that
>> > ultimately this decision was reached," Stelter said. "That's just
>> > drawing on my background, you know, covering other stories like this. I
>> > do think, you know, this is a moment where journalistic ethics are at
>> > play.
>>
>> That must be a unique experience for CNN, to experience a moment of
>> journalistic ethics.
>
> When CNN does stuff some people don't like, it gets burned. When CNN
> does something they do like, it gets burned anyway.

Well, they've made their bed. Now they have to wallow in it.

Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<yhvrJ.95001$np6.31679@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129057&group=rec.arts.tv#129057

Subject: Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many
Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 16:30:05 -0500
 by: moviePig - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:30 UTC

On 12/6/2021 3:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2021 at 12:28:26 PM PST, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <atropos-7624DC.09001806122021@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
>> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> That must be a unique experience for CNN, to experience a moment of
>>> journalistic ethics.
>>
>> When CNN does stuff some people don't like, it gets burned. When CNN
>> does something they do like, it gets burned anyway.
>
> Well, they've made their bed. Now they have to wallow in it.

wallow - (of a person) indulge in an unrestrained way in (something
that creates a pleasurable sensation)

Perhaps you mean they *get* to wallow in it...

Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<16be66f4b245ad9c$1$3289374$2d54864@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129129&group=rec.arts.tv#129129

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 01:01:55 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 07:01 UTC

On 12/6/2021 2:28 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <atropos-7624DC.09001806122021@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <OKCdnUCNAf_CqjP8nZ2dnUU7-X0AAAAA@giganews.com>,
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> CNN's Brian Stelter dunked on fired network host Chris Cuomo on
>>> Saturday while breaking the news to CNN's television audience live on
>>> the air.
>>>
>>> Stelter said that Cuomo "violated journalistic ethics and norms not
>>> once or twice, but many times", adding that Cuomo "had been suspended
>>> not just, you know, for a week, not in the kind of way that's a fake
>>> suspension to take pressure off CNN, this was a real suspension."
>>>
>>> When talking about the "additional information" that the network
>>> learned about Cuomo during the course of their investigation, Stelter
>>> said he did not know if CNN would ever reveal what that information
>>> was.
>>>
>>> "I think this may be a situation, Jim, just drawing on my years as a
>>> media reporter, I think this may be a situation where it was death by a
>>> 1,000 cuts, where there were just so many headaches, time and time
>>> again, involving Chris Cuomo, that even though many viewers loved
>>> watching CUOMO PRIME TIMEí and looked forward to his show, that he was
>>> causing so many headaches for the network and for CNN staffers, that
>>> ultimately this decision was reached," Stelter said. "That's just
>>> drawing on my background, you know, covering other stories like this. I
>>> do think, you know, this is a moment where journalistic ethics are at
>>> play.
>>
>> That must be a unique experience for CNN, to experience a moment of
>> journalistic ethics.
>

> When CNN does stuff some people don't like, it gets burned. When CNN
> does something they do like, it gets burned anyway.

Derp talking about ethics, now that's irony.

Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<16be6d8a88408505$1$2438686$4cd50660@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129136&group=rec.arts.tv#129136

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 03:02:33 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 09:02 UTC

On 12/6/2021 2:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2021 at 12:28:26 PM PST, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <atropos-7624DC.09001806122021@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
>> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> That must be a unique experience for CNN, to experience a moment of
>>> journalistic ethics.
>>
>> When CNN does stuff some people don't like, it gets burned. When CNN
>> does something they do like, it gets burned anyway.
>
> Well, they've made their bed. Now they have to wallow in it.

LOL! Anonyshit says what?

Re: CNN's Stelter Dunks On Fired Chris Cuomo: Caused "So Many Headaches", CNN Staffers Were "Very Unhappy"

<16be6e64adc8d89e$1$3213316$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129144&group=rec.arts.tv#129144

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 03:18:11 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 09:18 UTC

On 12/6/2021 3:30 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 12/6/2021 3:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Dec 6, 2021 at 12:28:26 PM PST, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> When CNN does stuff some people don't like, it gets burned.  When CNN
>>> does something they do like, it gets burned anyway.
>>
>> Well, they've made their bed. Now they have to wallow in it.
>
>    wallow - (of a person) indulge in an unrestrained way in (something
> that creates a pleasurable sensation)
>
> Perhaps you mean they *get* to wallow in it...

Perhaps he means he's a right wing asshole and hence not particularly
bright. He should leave the group permanently.