Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Fredo Cuomo Preparing To Take The Fight To CNN With Massive Lawsuit: Report
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 22:15:07 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 03:15 UTC

Former CNN host Chris Cuomo is reportedly planning on taking on his
former network by filing a massive lawsuit to get tens of millions of
dollars that he believes is still owed to him on his contract and to
�likely� seek damages from his recent firing.

�Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over
the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year � after a
bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts
to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo,� the New York
Post reported. �His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually,
leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed,
sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages.�

A CNN insider said that the far-left network has �no intention of
paying Cuomo a penny� because �if he gets a settlement, there would be
uproar.�

�CNN has a standard morality clause in their contract that says if the
employee does anything of disrepute, they can be immediately fired,�
another CNN insider told the Post.

CNN terminated Cuomo on Saturday evening, saying in a statement that it
had encountered new information that led to its decision:

Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further
evaluation of new information that came to light about his
involvement with his brother�s defense. We retained a respected
law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him,
effective immediately. While in the process of that review,
additional information has come to light. Despite the
termination, we will investigate as appropriate.

�This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told
you why and how I helped my brother,� Chris Cuomo responded. �So let me
now say as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the
team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we did as CNN�s #1 show in the
most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of
special people who did really important work.�

CNN came under fire over its statement because it did not disclose what
the �additional information� was that it said came to light during the
course of its investigation.

Debra S. Katz, a left-wing attorney, said in a statement on Sunday that
she is representing a client who claims that Chris Cuomo engaged in
�serious sexual misconduct� against her at another network.

Katz said she notified CNN of the allegations on Wednesday and that the
allegations are ultimately what led to Chris Cuomo being fired from
CNN.

In a statement, Katz said:

In the wake of public sexual harassment allegations against former
Governor Andrew Cuomo, Chris Cuomo looked directly into the camera and
told viewers of Cuomo Prime Time, �I have always cared very deeply
about these issues and profoundly so. I just wanted to tell you that.�
Subsequently, the Attorney General released jaw-dropping documentary
evidence demonstrating that Chris Cuomo played an active role in
attempting to smear women whom the Attorney General concluded had made
serious allegations of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct against
the Governor. Hearing the hypocrisy of Chris Cuomo�s on-air words and
disgusted by his efforts to try to discredit these women, my client
retained counsel to report his serious sexual misconduct against her to
CNN.

On Wednesday, December 1, 2021, I contacted CNN to report my client�s
allegations of misconduct against Chris Cuomo. By Friday, I was in
discussions with CNN about providing documentary evidence of my
client�s allegations and making my client available for an interview
with CNN�s outside counsel. Last night, CNN acted promptly on my
client�s complaint and fired Mr. Cuomo.

My client came forward at this time because she felt in sharing her
story and related documentation, she could help protect other women.
She will continue to cooperate with CNN�s investigation into her
allegations. Given the nature of her allegations, she wishes to remain
anonymous, and we ask that you respect this decision.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Fredo Cuomo Preparing To Take The Fight To CNN With Massive Lawsuit: Report

<sop96g$h8i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129407&group=rec.arts.tv#129407

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 19:35:45 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 03:35 UTC

On 2021-12-08 03:15:07 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> Former CNN host Chris Cuomo is reportedly planning on taking on his
> former network by filing a massive lawsuit to get tens of millions of
> dollars that he believes is still owed to him on his contract and to
> “likely” seek damages from his recent firing.

Gawd, I hope he follows through!!

Hopefully by the end of it, both the Cuomo family, and CNN, are utterly
bankrupt and destitute.