Hate the sin and love the sinner. -- Mahatma Gandhi

arts / rec.arts.tv / Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

SubjectAuthor
* Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesRichA
+* Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesanim8rfsk
|`* Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesshawn
| `- Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesRichA
+- Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotestrotsky
`* Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesDavid Johnston
 +* Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesRichA
 |`- Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotestrotsky
 `* Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesBTR1701
  +* Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesmoviePig
  |+- Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotestrotsky
  |+- Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesBTR1701
  |`* Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesNoBody
  | `* Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesmoviePig
  |  +- Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotestrotsky
  |  `- Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesweary flake
  `- Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotesUbiquitous

1
Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<a5eb8033-00ab-49fc-971d-d580be53717bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129423&group=rec.arts.tv#129423

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 21:11:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 05:11 UTC

Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes. Many of the videos on youtube are awful. Fatheads eager to get their "faces fit for radio" in as many video frames as possible, taking 20 minutes to say what could be read in text in 4 minutes. In other words, they are trash. So now they can't be downvoted visibly, so fewer content-maker suicides, but the nancy boys still get the downvote themselves, it's just hidden from the public. Some youtube videos are truly great, well-done efforts, but a lot are not. But at least for now you can still leave comments, until the Mary's turn them off.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<2022087554.660633936.482580.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129426&group=rec.arts.tv#129426

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 22:27:20 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 05:27 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes. Many of the
> videos on youtube are awful. Fatheads eager to get their "faces fit for
> radio" in as many video frames as possible, taking 20 minutes to say what
> could be read in text in 4 minutes. In other words, they are trash. So
> now they can't be downvoted visibly, so fewer content-maker suicides, but
> the nancy boys still get the downvote themselves, it's just hidden from
> the public. Some youtube videos are truly great, well-done efforts, but
> a lot are not. But at least for now you can still leave comments, until
> the Mary's turn them off.

This is like the snowflakes on the animation forums who submit their work
and asked for input but specify “constructive criticism only“

If you’ve freaking done something wrong you freaking need to be told. Up to
and including telling you that your mother should’ve never encouraged you
and that the world needs fast food cooks too.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<16bebc0b450e7c1c$1$3213316$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129454&group=rec.arts.tv#129454

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 03:00:49 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 09:00 UTC

On 12/7/2021 11:11 PM, RichA wrote:

Pussymen? You're a fucking anonyshit you vegetable.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<6911rgd551m6fea3vqtuv2e9mivmpat6s7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129462&group=rec.arts.tv#129462

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 05:16:46 -0500
 by: shawn - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 10:16 UTC

On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 22:27:20 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes. Many of the
>> videos on youtube are awful. Fatheads eager to get their "faces fit for
>> radio" in as many video frames as possible, taking 20 minutes to say what
>> could be read in text in 4 minutes. In other words, they are trash. So
>> now they can't be downvoted visibly, so fewer content-maker suicides, but
>> the nancy boys still get the downvote themselves, it's just hidden from
>> the public. Some youtube videos are truly great, well-done efforts, but
>> a lot are not. But at least for now you can still leave comments, until
>> the Mary's turn them off.
>>

>This is like the snowflakes on the animation forums who submit their work
>and asked for input but specify “constructive criticism only“
>
>If you’ve freaking done something wrong you freaking need to be told. Up to
>and including telling you that your mother should’ve never encouraged you
>and that the world needs fast food cooks too.

None of the channels that I follow are supporting Youtube in this
change. It's not like the content creators don't still see the
dislikes. It's just hidden from the viewers so it avoids those few
cases where people might push the dislike votes. While I'm sure some
people were being punished by dislikes for reasons other than people
actually not liking the video I can say that I only remember it
happening once when some video was getting noticed because of the
number of dislikes. Ah, I think it was some PewdiePie video where he
had some guys in Africa (I think) hold up a sign about Nazis that got
a lot of dislikes.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<2daab8ae-303e-418c-bbb0-e6e9ec8c2f76n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129573&group=rec.arts.tv#129573

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 13:41:05 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 21:41 UTC

On Wednesday, 8 December 2021 at 05:16:51 UTC-5, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 22:27:20 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> wrote:
> >RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes. Many of the
> >> videos on youtube are awful. Fatheads eager to get their "faces fit for
> >> radio" in as many video frames as possible, taking 20 minutes to say what
> >> could be read in text in 4 minutes. In other words, they are trash. So
> >> now they can't be downvoted visibly, so fewer content-maker suicides, but
> >> the nancy boys still get the downvote themselves, it's just hidden from
> >> the public. Some youtube videos are truly great, well-done efforts, but
> >> a lot are not. But at least for now you can still leave comments, until
> >> the Mary's turn them off.
> >>

> >This is like the snowflakes on the animation forums who submit their work
> >and asked for input but specify “constructive criticism only“
> >
> >If you’ve freaking done something wrong you freaking need to be told. Up to
> >and including telling you that your mother should’ve never encouraged you
> >and that the world needs fast food cooks too.
> None of the channels that I follow are supporting Youtube in this
> change. It's not like the content creators don't still see the
> dislikes. It's just hidden from the viewers so it avoids those few
> cases where people might push the dislike votes. While I'm sure some
> people were being punished by dislikes for reasons other than people
> actually not liking the video I can say that I only remember it
> happening once when some video was getting noticed because of the
> number of dislikes. Ah, I think it was some PewdiePie video where he
> had some guys in Africa (I think) hold up a sign about Nazis that got
> a lot of dislikes.

No, you are right, the content creators see it only, which is perplexing unless youtube believes that advertisers were upset about down-voted video they were helping monetize.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<sp0b2c$no3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129973&group=rec.arts.tv#129973

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 12:50:34 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 19:50 UTC

On 2021-12-07 10:11 p.m., RichA wrote:
> Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes.

Apparently it was because of mass downvoting of unpopular political
positions. Prager U will doubtless find it beneficial.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<957844f0-ccc4-43aa-a475-f2d8d43858b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129993&group=rec.arts.tv#129993

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 13:22:11 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 21:22 UTC

On Friday, 10 December 2021 at 14:50:40 UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2021-12-07 10:11 p.m., RichA wrote:
> > Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes.
> Apparently it was because of mass downvoting of unpopular political
> positions. Prager U will doubtless find it beneficial.

Tough luck for the masses of the Left who HATE freedom of speech.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<7sSdnY-K3Z22Sy78nZ2dnUU7-KednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130015&group=rec.arts.tv#130015

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 16:35:23 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 22:35 UTC

On Dec 10, 2021 at 11:50:34 AM PST, "David Johnston"
<davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2021-12-07 10:11 p.m., RichA wrote:
>> Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes.
>
> Apparently it was because of mass downvoting of unpopular political
> positions. Prager U will doubtless find it beneficial.

It was because every video the White House has released since Biden took
office has been ratioed to death. It was embarrassing them, so some phone
calls were made to Google.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<rOQsJ.3057$8Q7.2249@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130018&group=rec.arts.tv#130018

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:47:50 -0500
 by: moviePig - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 22:47 UTC

On 12/10/2021 5:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2021 at 11:50:34 AM PST, "David Johnston"
> <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-12-07 10:11 p.m., RichA wrote:
>>> Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes.
>>
>> Apparently it was because of mass downvoting of unpopular political
>> positions. Prager U will doubtless find it beneficial.
>
> It was because every video the White House has released since Biden took
> office has been ratioed to death. It was embarrassing them, so some phone
> calls were made to Google.

What's "ratioed"?

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<sp0odb$eqm$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130044&group=rec.arts.tv#130044

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:38:18 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 23:38 UTC

On 12/10/2021 4:47 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 12/10/2021 5:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Dec 10, 2021 at 11:50:34 AM PST, "David Johnston"
>> <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Apparently it was because of mass downvoting of unpopular political
>>> positions.  Prager U will doubtless find it beneficial.
>>
>> It was because every video the White House has released since Biden took
>> office has been ratioed to death. It was embarrassing them, so some phone
>> calls were made to Google.
>
> What's "ratioed"?

Great question.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<atropos-F46522.16063610122021@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130058&group=rec.arts.tv#130058

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 16:06:36 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 00:06 UTC

In article <rOQsJ.3057$8Q7.2249@fx10.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 12/10/2021 5:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > On Dec 10, 2021 at 11:50:34 AM PST, "David Johnston"
> > <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Apparently it was because of mass downvoting of unpopular political
> >> positions. Prager U will doubtless find it beneficial.
> >
> > It was because every video the White House has released since Biden took
> > office has been ratioed to death. It was embarrassing them, so some phone
> > calls were made to Google.
>
> What's "ratioed"?

https://www.google.com/search?lr=&safe=images&hl=en&as_qdr=all&q=What+doe
s+it+mean+to+be+ratioed+on+Youtube%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj5gL_2uNr0AhVhIjQIH
dhND9cQzmd6BAg-EAU&biw=1415&bih=1139&dpr=1

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<pof9rglbdg3o2eovn2l4hquu3fi27q8ats@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130142&group=rec.arts.tv#130142

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 10:09:20 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 15:09 UTC

On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:47:50 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
wrote:

>On 12/10/2021 5:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Dec 10, 2021 at 11:50:34 AM PST, "David Johnston"
>> <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Apparently it was because of mass downvoting of unpopular political
>>> positions. Prager U will doubtless find it beneficial.
>>
>> It was because every video the White House has released since Biden took
>> office has been ratioed to death. It was embarrassing them, so some phone
>> calls were made to Google.
>
>What's "ratioed"?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/words-were-watching-ratio-ratioed-ratioing

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<qa4tJ.180363$IW4.116412@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130157&group=rec.arts.tv#130157

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 11:17:25 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 16:17 UTC

On 12/11/2021 10:09 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:47:50 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/10/2021 5:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> It was because every video the White House has released since Biden took
>>> office has been ratioed to death. It was embarrassing them, so some phone
>>> calls were made to Google.
>>
>> What's "ratioed"?
>
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/words-were-watching-ratio-ratioed-ratioing

And BTR's link says that "A post being referred to as 'ratioed' means
that it has more replies than likes and is likely divisive, unpopular,
or generally controversial."

I suppose it's not the worst neologism ever, but I wish that
explanations of it mentioned, say, the *ratio* of dislikes to likes.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<sp2rea$1ud7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130181&group=rec.arts.tv#130181

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 12:42:17 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 18:42 UTC

On 12/11/2021 10:17 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 12/11/2021 10:09 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:47:50 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>> wrote:

>>> What's "ratioed"?
>>
>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/words-were-watching-ratio-ratioed-ratioing
>>

> And BTR's link says that "A post being referred to as 'ratioed' means
> that it has more replies than likes and is likely divisive, unpopular,
> or generally controversial."
>
> I suppose it's not the worst neologism ever, but I wish that
> explanations of it mentioned, say, the *ratio* of dislikes to likes.

Sounds like his brain has been ratioed if you ask me.

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<sp33do$1ilt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130198&group=rec.arts.tv#130198

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 14:58:32 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 20:58 UTC

On 12/10/2021 3:22 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 10 December 2021 at 14:50:40 UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 2021-12-07 10:11 p.m., RichA wrote:
>>> Apparently, a lot of snowflakes got upset over downvotes.
>> Apparently it was because of mass downvoting of unpopular political
>> positions. Prager U will doubtless find it beneficial.
>
> Tough luck for the masses of the Left who HATE freedom of speech.

How many people have you polled about this or are you LYING as usual?

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<UPadncM14L9R8Cj8nZ2dnUU7-afNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130269&group=rec.arts.tv#130269

Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 19:34:35 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: weary fl...@nowhere
 by: weary fl...@nowhere - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 03:34 UTC

On 12/11/21 8:17 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 12/11/2021 10:09 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:47:50 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>> wrote:

>>> What's "ratioed"?
>>
>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/words-were-watching-ratio-ratioed-ratioing
>
> And BTR's link says that "A post being referred to as 'ratioed' means that it has more replies than likes and is likely divisive, unpopular, or generally controversial."
>
> I suppose it's not the worst neologism ever, but I wish that explanations of it mentioned, say, the *ratio* of dislikes to likes.

So, according to the authority of youtube and twitter, etc., in what is called "social" media,
to reply to a post is "disliking" it? That's even stupider than I thought.

Well, I suppose I should apologize to you for "disliking" your post by replying to it,
but then again, usenet is not considered "social".

Re: Youtube caves into pussymen. Censors visible downvotes

<sp4sfh$49j$12@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130320&group=rec.arts.tv#130320

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 08:12:17 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 13:12 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>It was because every video the White House has released since Biden took
>office has been ratioed to death. It was embarrassing them, so some phone
>calls were made to Google.

That's EXACTLY why YouTube did it.

--
Let's go Brandon!