Did you know that clones never use mirrors?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Your car reports your location to Big Brother

SubjectAuthor
* Your car reports your location to Big BrotherAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brothersuzeeq
+* Re: Your car reports your location to Big BrotherBTR1701
|+- Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brotheranim8rfsk
|`- Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brothertrotsky
`- Re: Your car reports your location to Big BrotherRoger Blake

1
Your car reports your location to Big Brother

<sotpam$d87$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129774&group=rec.arts.tv#129774

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Your car reports your location to Big Brother
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:35:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:35 UTC

Given the number of automobiles built since 2015 with automatic logging
of locations, Tom Dart, sheriff of Cook County, wants vehicle owners to
be able to call their manufacturers to get them to relay location
telemetry to the police.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2021/12/9/22825829/carjacking-cook-county-tom-dart-asks-automakers-help-catch-carjackers

I'm sure for your own good, all telemetry will be shared with police
before your vehicle is involved in a crime. Your FitBit too.

It's time to implant the chip in the brain a la The President's Analyst.

Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brother

<sotpki$6rc$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129777&group=rec.arts.tv#129777

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brother
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 12:40:51 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:40 UTC

On 12/9/2021 12:35 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Given the number of automobiles built since 2015 with automatic logging
> of locations, Tom Dart, sheriff of Cook County, wants vehicle owners to
> be able to call their manufacturers to get them to relay location
> telemetry to the police.
>
> https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2021/12/9/22825829/carjacking-cook-county-tom-dart-asks-automakers-help-catch-carjackers
>
> I'm sure for your own good, all telemetry will be shared with police
> before your vehicle is involved in a crime. Your FitBit too.
>
> It's time to implant the chip in the brain a la The President's Analyst.

The car I got this summer is a 2014 model, maybe it doesn't have one.
However, my discount chip from my insurance company reports where I've
been via Google so they could still probably find me.

Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brother

<atropos-6A70E5.12472809122021@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129781&group=rec.arts.tv#129781

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 12:47:28 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:47 UTC

In article <sotpam$d87$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Given the number of automobiles built since 2015 with automatic logging
> of locations, Tom Dart, sheriff of Cook County, wants vehicle owners to
> be able to call their manufacturers to get them to relay location
> telemetry to the police.
>
> https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2021/12/9/22825829/carjacking-cook-count
> y-tom-dart-asks-automakers-help-catch-carjackers
>
> I'm sure for your own good, all telemetry will be shared with police
> before your vehicle is involved in a crime. Your FitBit too.
>
> It's time to implant the chip in the brain a la The President's Analyst.

I have a 1998 4Runner that I love and has *none* of the current crop of
"smart" features. The most I've done to upgrade it is have the factory
radio/CD player removed and a high-end sound system installed that can
play music from my iTunes devices. That's it. No OnStar, no GPS location
chips that the government can use to tax me by the mile, nothing that
reports anything back to any kind of corporate or government mother
ship, none of that crap. And in 17 years, it's never had a mechanical
problem that needed fixing other than the motor that runs the radio
antenna up and down.

Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brother

<353566092.660779063.927944.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129790&group=rec.arts.tv#129790

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 14:51:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 21:51 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <sotpam$d87$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Given the number of automobiles built since 2015 with automatic logging
>> of locations, Tom Dart, sheriff of Cook County, wants vehicle owners to
>> be able to call their manufacturers to get them to relay location
>> telemetry to the police.
>>
>> https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2021/12/9/22825829/carjacking-cook-count
>> y-tom-dart-asks-automakers-help-catch-carjackers
>>
>> I'm sure for your own good, all telemetry will be shared with police
>> before your vehicle is involved in a crime. Your FitBit too.
>>
>> It's time to implant the chip in the brain a la The President's Analyst.
>
> I have a 1998 4Runner that I love and has *none* of the current crop of
> "smart" features. The most I've done to upgrade it is have the factory
> radio/CD player removed and a high-end sound system installed that can
> play music from my iTunes devices. That's it. No OnStar, no GPS location
> chips that the government can use to tax me by the mile, nothing that
> reports anything back to any kind of corporate or government mother
> ship, none of that crap. And in 17 years, it's never had a mechanical
> problem that needed fixing other than the motor that runs the radio
> antenna up and down.

I’ve been through dozens of those motors over the decades.

Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brother

<sovb45$1urq$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129907&group=rec.arts.tv#129907

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 04:45:25 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:45 UTC

On 12/9/2021 2:47 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <sotpam$d87$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Given the number of automobiles built since 2015 with automatic logging
>> of locations, Tom Dart, sheriff of Cook County, wants vehicle owners to
>> be able to call their manufacturers to get them to relay location
>> telemetry to the police.
>>
>> https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2021/12/9/22825829/carjacking-cook-count
>> y-tom-dart-asks-automakers-help-catch-carjackers
>>
>> I'm sure for your own good, all telemetry will be shared with police
>> before your vehicle is involved in a crime. Your FitBit too.
>>
>> It's time to implant the chip in the brain a la The President's Analyst.
>
> I have a 1998 4Runner that I love and has *none* of the current crop of
> "smart" features. The most I've done to upgrade it is have the factory
> radio/CD player removed and a high-end sound system installed that can
> play music from my iTunes devices.

Wow! That's also known as bluetooth capability, which every fucking car
radio has now.

Re: Your car reports your location to Big Brother

<20211210184443@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=130047&group=rec.arts.tv#130047

From: rogbl...@iname.invalid (Roger Blake)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 23:45:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Roger Blake - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 23:45 UTC

On 2021-12-09, Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Given the number of automobiles built since 2015 with automatic logging
> of locations, Tom Dart, sheriff of Cook County, wants vehicle owners to
> be able to call their manufacturers to get them to relay location
> telemetry to the police.

I drive a 1975 model so no worries here.

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
There is no "climate crisis" -- https://climatedepot.com