Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:44:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: wheel of time and Hollywood originality
From: ten...@world.std.com (tenworld)
 by: tenworld - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 00:44 UTC

ive watched the first 6 episodes and it gets better although they are
differing more and more from the books but still within the sense of
the book's story. At least the major characters are mostly the same.

but the Lan character kept tickling the back of my mind until I realized why.
He is an Asian actor with a distinctive headband who is the mostly quiet
sidekick of the major heroine. Then I saw a story about Jay Silverheels who played a mostly quiet sidekick with a leather headband. Moraine even rides
a white horse.