Subject: R.I.P. Alejo Rodriguez, 79, in June 2020 (poet)
From: Lenona
Newsgroups: rec.arts.books.childrens
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 03:16 UTC
Newsgroups: rec.arts.books.childrens
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 19:16:38 -0800 (PST)
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
There's another poet by that name, but I doubt it's the same one - for one thing, Contemporary Authors does not mention his attending Syracuse University.

http://funeralinnovations.com/obituary/464684/Alejo-Rodriguez/

Alejo Rodriguez, 79, passed away on June 14, 2020 in Tavares, Florida. Born February 12, 1941, raised in the Bronx, NY. He served his country as part of the United States Navy in the 1960s. After that he worked as a bus driver for the New Jersey Transit. He finished his working career working for CBS for 30 years as a Production Supervisor. He also was a poet, publishing a collection of books like "Life Experience: Simple Poems" and "Simple Poems for Children: Hey What Kind Of World Is This?". His writing earned him multiple poetry awards. After retiring from CBS, he started his life in Orlando, Florida. He was a man of many talents who always kept life interesting and never allowed life to bore him. He joins his Sister Martha Rodriguez, Mother Francisca Rodriguez and Father Generoso Rodriguez in Heaven. Alejo Rodriguez is survived by his son Alejo A. Rodriguez.

https://www.acommunityfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Alejo-Rodriguez-2/
 (photo and condolences)

From Contemporary Authors:

CAREER:
Columbia Broadcasting System, Inc. (CBS), New York City, currently production supervisor. Military service: U.S. Navy, 1960-64.

AWARDS:
New York City Police Department Certificate of Commendation, 1977; Golden Poet Award, 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992.

"All my books express my concern about what we are doing to one another lately with the absence of love we once possessed as a child."

WRITINGS:

Life Experiences, Winston-Derek (Nashville, TN), 1988.
 ("Written for parents, teachers, and students who have problems communicating; this book opens the door to communication.")

Looking at Life through a Broken Glass, Winston-Derek, 1990.

Hey! What Kind of World Is This?, Winston-Derek, 1992.
 ("Children's poetry written to help them wrestle with the ambiguity and injustice they encounter in the way we live today.")

I'm Tired of Being Quiet, Winston-Derek, 1994.
 ("The author encourages the reader to understand why people look at one another with uncertainty rather than understanding.")

It's Tough Being a Kid These Days, Winston-Derek, 1995.
 ("In his fifth book, Rodriguez uses poetry from his life experiences and observations to help give teens an understanding of the world needed to cope with life's problems.")

Picking up the Pieces

Lenona.