Lord, defend me from my friends; I can account for my enemies. -- Charles D'Hericault

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

SubjectAuthor
* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should besolar penguin
+* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should beThe Last Doctor
|`- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should besolar penguin
`* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should besolar penguin
 `* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should besolar penguin
  `- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65

1
Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl5t2c$2mnsr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13027&group=rec.arts.drwho#13027

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be
retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:03:56 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:PsGWpLJWiHo18ziiZ+HOdZytl3A=
 by: solar penguin - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:03 UTC

Tim typed:

> In The Chase, the Daleks had the ability to track the
> TARDIS through time and space. This ability would have
>enabled them to track TARDISes containing Time Lord
> refugees through time and space during the Time War!

Perhaps the more advanced TARDISes have ways of hiding
their tracks so they can’t be followed?

--
solar penguin

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl5umh$2msnb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13028&group=rec.arts.drwho#13028

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:31:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hY3YWUQx3ilnCHKmLzcyrN0bNiI=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:31 UTC

solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tim typed:
>

>> In The Chase, the Daleks had the ability to track the
>> TARDIS through time and space. This ability would have
>> enabled them to track TARDISes containing Time Lord
>> refugees through time and space during the Time War!
>>

> Perhaps the more advanced TARDISes have ways of hiding
> their tracks so they can’t be followed?

Or those Daleks specifically had the “scent” of the Doctor’s TARDIS which
was uniquely broken and whose transit signature might have been easier to
follow than the norm?

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl6f36$2o9lq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13043&group=rec.arts.drwho#13043

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:11:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:tPHxbSaYBNBXOgOm148F1KLZsTI=
 by: solar penguin - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:11 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tl5t2c$2mnsr$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Tim typed:
>>

>>> In The Chase, the Daleks had the ability to track the
>>> TARDIS through time and space. This ability would
>>> have enabled them to track TARDISes containing Time
>>> Lord refugees through time and space during the
>>> Time War!
>>>

>> Perhaps the more advanced TARDISes have ways of
>> hiding their tracks so they can’t be followed?
>>

> REcall at the end of the Chase, that ship was destroyed
> in 1965 which put Barbara and Ian back home!

Recall that the Daleks have other ships that weren’t destroyed
in 1965!

--
solar penguin

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl7fqd$2tb6r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13066&group=rec.arts.drwho#13066

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 08:30:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:eKdjWh/eNue0q7EFVM+lQHdgdo0=
 by: solar penguin - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 08:30 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> In article <tl6f36$2o9lq$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> REcall at the end of the Chase, that ship was destroyed
>>> in 1965 which put Barbara and Ian back home!
>>>

>> Recall that the Daleks have other ships that weren’t
>> destroyed in 1965!
>>

> That was tehir only time ship at the time!

But they had another one in their very next story.

--
solar penguin

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl7g6a$2tc3u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13067&group=rec.arts.drwho#13067

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 08:36:26 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:EKyltVEAMur6BYbKw5jo45OH3PQ=
 by: solar penguin - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 08:36 UTC

The asswipe asked:

> In article <tl5umh$2msnb$1@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Tim typed:

>>> Perhaps the more advanced TARDISes have ways
>>> of hiding their tracks so they can’t be followed?
>>>

>> Or those Daleks specifically had the “scent” of the
>> Doctor’s TARDIS which was uniquely broken and whose
>> transit signature might have been easier to follow than
>> the norm?
>>

> The Chase and Day of the Doctor is rather different.
>
> BTw what of the 10 points are we discussing?

Look upthread and see for yourself!

(You could easily do it yourself if your newsreader arranged
posts in threads.)

--
solar penguin

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tlafbp$37ejg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13156&group=rec.arts.drwho#13156

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 22:40:41 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 11:40 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 19/11/22 1:03 am:
> In article <tl7fqd$2tb6r$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> That was tehir only time ship at the time!
>>
>> But they had another one in their very next story.
>
> LEt's see from a Dalek POV

What were those ten points supposed to prove, asswipe??

Those ten points don't seem to agree with or refute Tim post about "the
very next story"!!
--
Daniel