Don't Worry, Be Happy. -- Meher Baba

arts / rec.arts.books / Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

SubjectAuthor
* Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsIlya Shambat
`* Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsJeffrey Rubard
 `* Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsPluted Pup
  `* Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsJeffrey Rubard
   `* Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsJeffrey Rubard
    `- Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsJeffrey Rubard

1
Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<6a2c1fd3-a5f7-4893-8bd4-bd2dc5ba424bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1314&group=rec.arts.books#1314

Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 22:09:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 05:09 UTC

We have many in feminism say that they want women to not have to follow men’s expectations.

Oh, not at all. They want them to follow the feminists’ expectations, which are just as oppressive as anything that was thought up by any man.

I was with a woman who told me that she preferred male authority over female authority because in case of men there is often erotic attraction, whereas with women it’s “what do you cow know about.” I was with another woman who worked for a female-run social work organization who experienced vicious bullying by her female colleagues. Both of these women were raised in matriarchal settings. I didn’t come up with these conclusions. Strong, intelligent, feminism-influenced women told me these things.

Eminem – whose message of actual misogyny and domestic violence I detest – had many female followers. These girls were tired of feminist abuse, and they chose violence by mean but sexy young men over emotional bullying by mean, unattractive older women. I did not make them do that. “Patriarchy” did not make them do that. They chose it themselves.

That you share a gender with another person, does not mean that you have any business speaking for that person. Women are as different from one another as are men. Michael Murphy or the Ayatollah do not speak for me just because they are men; and feminists do not speak for women just because they are women.

Whose expectations are more burdensome: Men’s or feminists’? I suppose that depends on the person. Some women are comfortable in matriarchy, and others are comfortable in patriarchy. Both deserve a right to their choice.

Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<a4f07586-b098-4d8b-8e7e-dd4422e10236n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1315&group=rec.arts.books#1315

Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 13:35:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 20:35 UTC

On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 10:09:03 PM UTC-7, Ilya Shambat wrote:
> We have many in feminism say that they want women to not have to follow men’s expectations.
>
> Oh, not at all. They want them to follow the feminists’ expectations, which are just as oppressive as anything that was thought up by any man.
>
> I was with a woman who told me that she preferred male authority over female authority because in case of men there is often erotic attraction, whereas with women it’s “what do you cow know about.” I was with another woman who worked for a female-run social work organization who experienced vicious bullying by her female colleagues. Both of these women were raised in matriarchal settings. I didn’t come up with these conclusions. Strong, intelligent, feminism-influenced women told me these things.
>
> Eminem – whose message of actual misogyny and domestic violence I detest – had many female followers. These girls were tired of feminist abuse, and they chose violence by mean but sexy young men over emotional bullying by mean, unattractive older women. I did not make them do that. “Patriarchy” did not make them do that. They chose it themselves.
>
> That you share a gender with another person, does not mean that you have any business speaking for that person. Women are as different from one another as are men. Michael Murphy or the Ayatollah do not speak for me just because they are men; and feminists do not speak for women just because they are women.
>
> Whose expectations are more burdensome: Men’s or feminists’? I suppose that depends on the person. Some women are comfortable in matriarchy, and others are comfortable in patriarchy. Both deserve a right to their choice.

This seems dumb.

Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<vIWcnfYhCKTAf2f_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1329&group=rec.arts.books#1329

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:19:48 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
 by: Pluted Pup - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 00:19 UTC

On 8/10/22 1:35 PM, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 10:09:03 PM UTC-7, Ilya Shambat wrote:
>> We have many in feminism say that they want women to not have to follow men’s expectations.
>>
>> Oh, not at all. They want them to follow the feminists’ expectations, which are just as oppressive as anything that was thought up by any man.
>>
>> I was with a woman who told me that she preferred male authority over female authority because in case of men there is often erotic attraction, whereas with women it’s “what do you cow know about.” I was with another woman who worked for a female-run social work organization who experienced vicious bullying by her female colleagues. Both of these women were raised in matriarchal settings. I didn’t come up with these conclusions. Strong, intelligent, feminism-influenced women told me these things.
>>
>> Eminem – whose message of actual misogyny and domestic violence I detest – had many female followers. These girls were tired of feminist abuse, and they chose violence by mean but sexy young men over emotional bullying by mean, unattractive older women. I did not make them do that. “Patriarchy” did not make them do that. They chose it themselves.
>>
>> That you share a gender with another person, does not mean that you have any business speaking for that person. Women are as different from one another as are men. Michael Murphy or the Ayatollah do not speak for me just because they are men; and feminists do not speak for women just because they are women.
>>
>> Whose expectations are more burdensome: Men’s or feminists’? I suppose that depends on the person. Some women are comfortable in matriarchy, and others are comfortable in patriarchy. Both deserve a right to their choice.
>
> This seems dumb.

It is. And this is about the fourteenth year that the Israeli
"Ilya Shambat" has dumbed down this newsgroup with robo-posted spam.

Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<05cadb40-e8db-4302-a9de-0b3ae46d473fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1334&group=rec.arts.books#1334

Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:46:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 19:46 UTC

On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 5:19:54 PM UTC-7, Pluted Pup wrote:
> On 8/10/22 1:35 PM, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 10:09:03 PM UTC-7, Ilya Shambat wrote:
> >> We have many in feminism say that they want women to not have to follow men’s expectations.
> >>
> >> Oh, not at all. They want them to follow the feminists’ expectations, which are just as oppressive as anything that was thought up by any man.
> >>
> >> I was with a woman who told me that she preferred male authority over female authority because in case of men there is often erotic attraction, whereas with women it’s “what do you cow know about.” I was with another woman who worked for a female-run social work organization who experienced vicious bullying by her female colleagues. Both of these women were raised in matriarchal settings. I didn’t come up with these conclusions. Strong, intelligent, feminism-influenced women told me these things.
> >>
> >> Eminem – whose message of actual misogyny and domestic violence I detest – had many female followers. These girls were tired of feminist abuse, and they chose violence by mean but sexy young men over emotional bullying by mean, unattractive older women. I did not make them do that. “Patriarchy” did not make them do that. They chose it themselves.
> >>
> >> That you share a gender with another person, does not mean that you have any business speaking for that person. Women are as different from one another as are men. Michael Murphy or the Ayatollah do not speak for me just because they are men; and feminists do not speak for women just because they are women.
> >>
> >> Whose expectations are more burdensome: Men’s or feminists’? I suppose that depends on the person. Some women are comfortable in matriarchy, and others are comfortable in patriarchy. Both deserve a right to their choice.
> >
> > This seems dumb.
> It is. And this is about the fourteenth year that the Israeli
> "Ilya Shambat" has dumbed down this newsgroup with robo-posted spam.

Damn, when do you people ever quit the anti-Semitism?
(There is a time and a place for Fatah, man. Only.)

Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<30d74dd0-6d4c-4a73-ad6d-e5b069c46f29n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1335&group=rec.arts.books#1335

Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:46:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)

On Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 12:46:08 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 5:19:54 PM UTC-7, Pluted Pup wrote:

> > > This seems dumb.
> > It is. And this is about the fourteenth year that the Israeli
> > "Ilya Shambat" has dumbed down this newsgroup with robo-posted spam.
> Damn, when do you people ever quit the anti-Semitism?
> (There is a time and a place for Fatah, man. Only.)

(No, I do not trust Hamas. They remind me of the Zionists.)

Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<7e090765-6da5-42d4-ab8f-dcb08e537b0an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1336&group=rec.arts.books#1336

Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:47:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 19:47 UTC

On Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 12:46:40 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 12:46:08 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > It is. And this is about the fourteenth year that the Israeli
> > > "Ilya Shambat" has dumbed down this newsgroup with robo-posted spam.
> > Damn, when do you people ever quit the anti-Semitism?
> > (There is a time and a place for Fatah, man. Only.)
> (No, I do not trust Hamas. They remind me of the Zionists.)

Habash was a brilliant man, but it is not that time. Also, keep up on your HIV meds. No, *your* HIV meds.