You never hesitate to tackle the most difficult problems.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

SubjectAuthor
* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromThe True Doctor
+* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromThe True Doctor
|`- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromThe True Doctor
`* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromThe True Doctor
 +* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 |+* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should besolar penguin
 ||`* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who loBlueshirt
 || +* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 || |`* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 || | `- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 || +- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should beThe Last Doctor
 || `* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who loBlueshirt
 ||  `* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who loBlueshirt
 ||   +* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who loBlueshirt
 ||   |+- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who loBlueshirt
 ||   |`- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 ||   `- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 |`* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 | `* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 |  `- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
 +- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromThe True Doctor
 `* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromThe True Doctor
  +* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
  |`* Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should besolar penguin
  | `- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned fromDaniel65
  `- Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should besolar penguin

Pages:12
Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tkrc04$1gli5$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12866&group=rec.arts.drwho#12866

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:11:15 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:11 UTC

On 10/11/2022 09:29, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 7:28:42 AM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> 10) Chibnall trying to revised everything!
>> 9) The MAtrix overloaded and hacked when it could have been in Deadly Assassin
>
> You say that the Master and Doctor should have serendipitously discovered information about Tecteun and the Timeless Child while playing in the Matrix during Deadly Assassin?

They should have discovered it not just in The Deadly Assassin but also
at the end of both The Tenth Planet and The War Games, The Three
Doctors, The Invasion of Time, The Keeper of Traken, The Ark of
Infinity, The Five Doctors, The Two Doctors, Dimensions in Time, the
TVM, Family of Blood, The Eleventh Hour, The Name of the Doctor, The Day
of the Doctor, The Time of the Doctor (in fact the entire 11th Doctor
series arc), Listen, Heaven Sent, Hell Bent, and Twice Upon A Time.

>> 8) Pre-Hartnell incarnations rewriting the Brain of Morbuis!
>> 7) The Master killing Gallifrey
>
> The War Doctor had killed Gallifrey at the end of the Time War, until RTD retconned that incident to War, 10, and 11 placing Gallifrey in a stasis cube. Therefore, the Master killing Gallifrey would not be implausible.

We never saw the Doctor destroying Gallifrey so it was always possible
that only thought he'd destroyed it. What is totally not plausible is
the Time Lords not fleeing elsewhere.

>> 6) Ridiculous unplausible new monsters
>
> Which ones violate the pre-Timeless Child Whoiverse rules?

The Timeless Child monster in all of its incarnations for a start.

>> 5) The Rasputin Master
>> 4) Incomplete cybermen
>> 3) Cyberised TimeLords by the Master
>> 2) Tecteun is a contradiction of Rassilon and Omega
>> 1) The Doctor is not Gallifreyan but a being not from this universe
>
> In which episode is it specified that the Timeless Child is from a completely different universe? She could have been from a remote part of our universe!

Did you ever bother to watch Flux? It's explicitly stated.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tkrc84$1gm7n$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12867&group=rec.arts.drwho#12867

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:15:30 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:15 UTC

On 13/11/2022 18:11, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 10/11/2022 09:29, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 7:28:42 AM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>> 10) Chibnall trying to revised everything!
>>> 9) The MAtrix overloaded and hacked when it could have been in Deadly
>>> Assassin
>>
>> You say that the Master and Doctor should have serendipitously
>> discovered information about Tecteun and the Timeless Child while
>> playing in the Matrix during Deadly Assassin?
>
> They should have discovered it not just in The Deadly Assassin but also
> at the end of both The Tenth Planet and The War Games, The Three
> Doctors, The Invasion of Time, The Keeper of Traken, The Ark of

Wait, I missed out The Brain of Morbius and The Underworld too. Possibly
The Image of Fendahl and Shada too. In fact not just possibly in Shada
definitely in Shada when the Doctor has access to the Universal Mind.

> Infinity, The Five Doctors, The Two Doctors, Dimensions in Time, the
> TVM, Family of Blood, The Eleventh Hour, The Name of the Doctor, The Day
> of the Doctor, The Time of the Doctor (in fact the entire 11th Doctor
> series arc), Listen, Heaven Sent, Hell Bent, and Twice Upon A Time.
>

>>> 8) Pre-Hartnell incarnations rewriting the Brain of Morbuis!
>>> 7) The Master killing Gallifrey
>>
>> The War Doctor had killed Gallifrey at the end of the Time War, until
>> RTD retconned that incident to War, 10, and 11 placing Gallifrey in a
>> stasis cube.  Therefore, the Master killing Gallifrey would not be
>> implausible.
>
> We never saw the Doctor destroying Gallifrey so it was always possible
> that only thought he'd destroyed it. What is totally not plausible is
> the Time Lords not fleeing elsewhere.
>

>>> 6) Ridiculous unplausible new monsters
>>
>> Which ones violate the pre-Timeless Child Whoiverse rules?
>>

> The Timeless Child monster in all of its incarnations for a start.
>
>>> 5) The Rasputin Master
>>> 4) Incomplete cybermen
>>> 3) Cyberised TimeLords by the Master
>>> 2) Tecteun is a contradiction of Rassilon and Omega
>>> 1) The Doctor is not Gallifreyan but a being not from this universe
>>
>> In which episode is it specified that the Timeless Child is from a
>> completely different universe?  She could have been from a remote part
>> of our universe!
>
> Did you ever bother to watch Flux? It's explicitly stated.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tkrcg5$1gm7n$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12869&group=rec.arts.drwho#12869

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:19:48 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:19 UTC

On 13/11/2022 18:15, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 13/11/2022 18:11, The True Doctor wrote:
>> On 10/11/2022 09:29, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> You say that the Master and Doctor should have serendipitously
>>> discovered information about Tecteun and the Timeless Child while
>>> playing in the Matrix during Deadly Assassin?
>>
>> They should have discovered it not just in The Deadly Assassin but
>> also at the end of both The Tenth Planet and The War Games, The Three
>> Doctors, The Invasion of Time, The Keeper of Traken, The Ark of
>
> Wait, I missed out The Brain of Morbius and The Underworld too. Possibly
> The Image of Fendahl and Shada too. In fact not just possibly in Shada
> definitely in Shada when the Doctor has access to the Universal Mind.

Missed out Trial of a Time Lord too.

>> Infinity, The Five Doctors, The Two Doctors, Dimensions in Time, the
>> TVM, Family of Blood, The Eleventh Hour, The Name of the Doctor, The
>> Day of the Doctor, The Time of the Doctor (in fact the entire 11th
>> Doctor series arc), Listen, Heaven Sent, Hell Bent, and Twice Upon A
>> Time.

>>> The War Doctor had killed Gallifrey at the end of the Time War, until
>>> RTD retconned that incident to War, 10, and 11 placing Gallifrey in a
>>> stasis cube.  Therefore, the Master killing Gallifrey would not be
>>> implausible.
>>
>> We never saw the Doctor destroying Gallifrey so it was always possible
>> that only thought he'd destroyed it. What is totally not plausible is
>> the Time Lords not fleeing elsewhere.

>>> Which ones violate the pre-Timeless Child Whoiverse rules?
>>>

>> The Timeless Child monster in all of its incarnations for a start.

>>> In which episode is it specified that the Timeless Child is from a
>>> completely different universe?  She could have been from a remote
>>> part of our universe!
>>
>> Did you ever bother to watch Flux? It's explicitly stated.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tkusii$1ssfq$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12909&group=rec.arts.drwho#12909

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 02:12:34 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 02:12 UTC

On 14/11/2022 02:12, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 10:11:18 AM UTC-8, The True Doctor wrote:
>>>
>>> You say that the Master and Doctor should have serendipitously discovered information about Tecteun and the Timeless Child while playing in the Matrix during Deadly Assassin?
>> They should have discovered it not just in The Deadly Assassin but also
>> at the end of both The Tenth Planet and The War Games, The Three
>> Doctors, The Invasion of Time, The Keeper of Traken, The Ark of
>> Infinity, The Five Doctors, The Two Doctors, Dimensions in Time, the
>> TVM, Family of Blood, The Eleventh Hour, The Name of the Doctor, The Day
>> of the Doctor, The Time of the Doctor (in fact the entire 11th Doctor
>> series arc), Listen, Heaven Sent, Hell Bent, and Twice Upon A Time.
>
> I hadn't realized that the Doctor had contact with the Matrix in ALL of those episodes!

>>> The War Doctor had killed Gallifrey at the end of the Time War, until RTD retconned that incident to War, 10, and 11 placing Gallifrey in a stasis cube. Therefore, the Master killing Gallifrey would not be implausible.
>> We never saw the Doctor destroying Gallifrey so it was always possible
>> that only thought he'd destroyed it. What is totally not plausible is
>> the Time Lords not fleeing elsewhere.
>
> Past an immense Dalek fleet?

They can travel in time and in other dimensions. There's no way the
Daleks can stop them by forming a shell around Gallifrey in normal
space. Besides which the Time Lords should have seeded colonies long
before the Time War, as should the Daleks.

>>> Which ones violate the pre-Timeless Child Whoiverse rules?
>>>
>> The Timeless Child monster in all of its incarnations for a start.
>
> Please fill in the other unplausible monsters.

Space and Time, Tecteun, The Cyber Time Lords, and the Dog creatures for
a start.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tkvrmo$21uve$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12930&group=rec.arts.drwho#12930

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 22:03:53 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:03 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 15/11/22 4:39 pm:
> In article <155df3e4-a15e-48af-a580-fd0fff26a3e2n@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, November 14, 2022 at 6:12:37 PM UTC-8, The True Doctor
>> wrote:

>>> They can travel in time and in other dimensions. There's no way
>>> the Daleks can stop them by forming a shell around Gallifrey in
>>> normal space. Besides which the Time Lords should have seeded
>>> colonies long before the Time War, as should the Daleks.

>>> Space and Time, Tecteun, The Cyber Time Lords, and the Dog
>>> creatures for a start.
>>
>> Which pre Timeless Child Whoiverse rules do those monsters
>> violate?
>
> In the chibnallverse!

No, asswipe, Tim typed "pre Timeless Child Whoiverse rules", asswipe!
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl2i0h$2bel3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12952&group=rec.arts.drwho#12952

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be
retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 11:36:49 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:d5LSIXMi58wQZNX6WFpG5hlAKmQ=
 by: solar penguin - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 11:36 UTC

The asswipe asserted:

> Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
> KJV reproduced by permission of Cambridge University Press,

Liar! You didn’t ask the Cambridge University Press for
permission before you pasted all those quotations here!

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl2mnb$2bro6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12960&group=rec.arts.drwho#12960

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 23:57:13 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 12:57 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 16/11/2022 2:52 am:
> In article <tkvrmo$21uve$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 15/11/22 4:39 pm:

<Snip>

>>> In the chibnallverse!
>>>
>> No, asswipe, Tim typed "pre Timeless Child Whoiverse rules", asswipe!
>
> The Timeless child is bogus Idlehands-mouth Dannyboy!

WHY?? Why is "The Timeless Child" bogus, in YOUR opinion, asswipe?? I've
seen it on T.V., asswipe, so I *KNOW* "The Timeless Child" exists, asswipe!!

> Are you certain you want to be known as IDlehands-mouth Dannyboy??
Are you certain you want to be known as "asswipe", asswipe??
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl3g2i$2e3n2$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12970&group=rec.arts.drwho#12970

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 20:09:53 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 20:09 UTC

On 15/11/2022 03:32, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 14, 2022 at 6:12:37 PM UTC-8, The True Doctor wrote:

>>> I hadn't realized that the Doctor had contact with the Matrix in ALL of those episodes!

>>> Past an immense Dalek fleet?
>> They can travel in time and in other dimensions. There's no way the
>> Daleks can stop them by forming a shell around Gallifrey in normal
>> space. Besides which the Time Lords should have seeded colonies long
>> before the Time War, as should the Daleks.

>>> Please fill in the other unplausible monsters.
>> Space and Time, Tecteun, The Cyber Time Lords, and the Dog creatures for
>> a start.
>
> Which pre Timeless Child Whoiverse rules do those monsters violate?

Let's start with the first rule of fiction. No suspension of disbelief
is possible with them.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<nnd$07f1a1a5$0450e0db@b99969140c4caa96>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=12979&group=rec.arts.drwho#12979

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Subject: Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 23:33:27 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 22:33 UTC

solar penguin wrote:

> The asswipe asserted:
>

> > Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
> > KJV reproduced by permission of Cambridge University Press,
>
> Liar! You didn’t ask the Cambridge University Press for
> permission before you pasted all those quotations here!

Are we doing Bible stuff again? I'll have to dig out the 2021 edition of
the Authorised Revised Standard Edition (ARSE) so I can post some more
quotes...

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl5156$2kjmo$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13006&group=rec.arts.drwho#13006

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 21:07:33 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 10:07 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 17/11/22 11:14 am:
> In article <nnd$07f1a1a5$0450e0db@b99969140c4caa96>, Blueshirt
> <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> solar penguin wrote:
>>> The asswipe asserted:

>>> Liar! You didn’t ask the Cambridge University Press for
>>> permission before you pasted all those quotations here!
>>
>> Are we doing Bible stuff again? I'll have to dig out the 2021
>> edition of the Authorised Revised Standard Edition (ARSE) so I can
>> post some more quotes...
>
> Revised versions are just that, authorised by the Holy See!

So WHO is the " *Authorized* (King James) Version (AKJV)" authorised by,
asswipe??

As far as I know King James has been dead a long time, so I doubt he
authorised the current version!
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl51c2$2kkaj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13007&group=rec.arts.drwho#13007

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 21:11:12 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 10:11 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 17/11/22 2:12 am:
> In article <tl2mnb$2bro6$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 16/11/2022 2:52 am:
>>
>> <Snip>

>>> The Timeless child is bogus Idlehands-mouth Dannyboy!
>>
>> WHY?? Why is "The Timeless Child" bogus, in YOUR opinion, asswipe??
>> I've seen it on T.V., asswipe, so I *KNOW* "The Timeless Child"
>> exists, asswipe!!
>
> We do not what we saw, but it looks bogus/unplausible.

Yes, it does "look bogus/unplausible." because that response doesn't
look like correct English, asswipe.

English, asswipe, ENGLISH!!

>>> Are you certain you want to be known as IDlehands-mouth
>>> Dannyboy??
>> Are you certain you want to be known as "asswipe", asswipe??

No answer, asswipe??
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl53si$2kpmc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13014&group=rec.arts.drwho#13014

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 10:54:10 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4Bd0Cpz4xIug7zVrlO2vIc1R7Rk=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 10:54 UTC

Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> solar penguin wrote:
>

>> The asswipe asserted:
>>

>>> Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
>>> KJV reproduced by permission of Cambridge University Press,
>>
>> Liar! You didn’t ask the Cambridge University Press for
>> permission before you pasted all those quotations here!
>
> Are we doing Bible stuff again? I'll have to dig out the 2021 edition of
> the Authorised Revised Standard Edition (ARSE) so I can post some more
> quotes...

I’m surprised Dave doesn’t already use that version. Since he’s going to be
taking out of his arse anyway, it would add some consistency.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<nnd$76153101$74bf9f3f@52665fb8c2b0b5c8>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13041&group=rec.arts.drwho#13041

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 00:02:07 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:02 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <nnd$07f1a1a5$0450e0db@b99969140c4caa96>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > Are we doing Bible stuff again? I'll have to dig out the 2021 edition
> > of the Authorised Revised Standard Edition (ARSE) so I can post some
> > more quotes...
>
> Revised versions are just that, authorised by the Holy See!

The Holy Sea? Is that where the Pope goes to swim?

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<nnd$0cddf5bf$076b88a6@a64a17540214e403>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13048&group=rec.arts.drwho#13048

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 00:32:51 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:32 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <nnd$76153101$74bf9f3f@52665fb8c2b0b5c8>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> Revised versions are just that, authorised by the Holy See!
> >
> > The Holy Sea? Is that where the Pope goes to swim?
>
> I said SEE not SEA!!

Oh sorry, I thought it was just one of your usual typos...

So, you are on about his pair of glasses then? Actually, I think the Pope
only really needs them for reading, he can see quite well otherwise.

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<nnd$3078fe37$3059432f@81775124949e6327>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13052&group=rec.arts.drwho#13052

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 00:52:07 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:52 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <nnd$0cddf5bf$076b88a6@a64a17540214e403>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> can >> >> > post some more quotes...

> >> I said SEE not SEA!!
> >
> > Oh sorry, I thought it was just one of your usual typos...
> >
> > So, you are on about his pair of glasses then? Actually, I think the
> > Pope only really needs them for reading, he can see quite well
> > otherwise.
>
> Never heard of the Holy See?

This cool dude?

https://www.shitpostbot.com/resize/585/400?img=%2Fimg%2Fsourceimages%2Fpope-with-sunglasses-57b7113f1b2d5.jpeg

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<nnd$32496fcf$556a1035@5b702094315eaec7>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13093&group=rec.arts.drwho#13093

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:59:35 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 10:59 UTC

https://www.s*tpostbot.com/resize/585/400?img=%2Fimg%2Fsourceimages%2Fpope-with-sunglasses-57b7113f1b2d5.jpeg

> URL looks unreliable.

You run an ISP, do you not run anti-virus software?

No spell-checker, no anti-virus and you work in IT?!!!

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl7oqq$2u0m4$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13096&group=rec.arts.drwho#13096

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:03:55 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:03 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 17/11/22 11:40 pm:
> In article <tl5156$2kjmo$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 17/11/22 11:14 am:

>>> Revised versions are just that, authorised by the Holy See!
>>>
>> So WHO is the " *Authorized* (King James) Version (AKJV)" authorised by,
>> asswipe??
>>
>> As far as I know King James has been dead a long time, so I doubt he
>> authorised the current version!
>
> maintained by Cambridge Idlehands-mouth Dannyboy!

So a *REVISED* version, then, authorised by the City of Cambridge, then,
asswipe!!
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl7p06$2u0m4$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13097&group=rec.arts.drwho#13097

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:06:48 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:06 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 18/11/22 10:50 am:
> In article <ff1b9315-8d6a-47a9-9ddc-785d17c8406dn@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 3:33:25 PM UTC-8,
>> netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> In article <nnd$0cddf5bf$076b88a6@a64a17540214e403>, Blueshirt
>>> <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Never heard of the Holy See?
>>
>> As opposed to the Holy Hear?
>
> LOL!
>
> REcall Wilt Chamberlain?

I thought it was "Neville" Chamberlain!!
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl7p5b$2u0m4$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13098&group=rec.arts.drwho#13098

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:09:33 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:09 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 18/11/22 1:36 pm:
> In article <nnd$3078fe37$3059432f@81775124949e6327>, Blueshirt
> <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> Never heard of the Holy See?
>>
>> This cool dude?
>>
>> https://www.s*tpostbot.com/resize/585/400?img=%2Fimg%2Fsourceimages%2Fpope-with-sunglasses-57b7113f1b2d5.jpeg
>>
> URL looks unreliable.

Did you actually click it, asswipe??
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tl7pgp$2u34m$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13099&group=rec.arts.drwho#13099

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:15:36 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:15 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 17/11/22 11:41 pm:
> In article <tl51c2$2kkaj$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 17/11/22 2:12 am:

<Snip>

>> No answer, asswipe??

Still no answer, asswipe??

--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tlaeoq$37cvq$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13154&group=rec.arts.drwho#13154

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 22:30:37 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 11:30 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 19/11/22 1:29 am:
> In article <tl7oqq$2u0m4$2@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 17/11/22 11:40 pm:

>>> maintained by Cambridge Idlehands-mouth Dannyboy!
>>
>> So a *REVISED* version, then, authorised by the City of Cambridge,
>> then, asswipe!!

No response, asswipe??
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tlbc63$39m7b$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13173&group=rec.arts.drwho#13173

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:52:34 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:52 UTC

On 15/11/2022 03:32, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 14, 2022 at 6:12:37 PM UTC-8, The True Doctor wrote:

>>> I hadn't realized that the Doctor had contact with the Matrix in ALL of those episodes!

>>> Past an immense Dalek fleet?
>> They can travel in time and in other dimensions. There's no way the
>> Daleks can stop them by forming a shell around Gallifrey in normal
>> space. Besides which the Time Lords should have seeded colonies long
>> before the Time War, as should the Daleks.

>>> Please fill in the other unplausible monsters.
>> Space and Time, Tecteun, The Cyber Time Lords, and the Dog creatures for
>> a start.
>
> Which pre Timeless Child Whoiverse rules do those monsters violate?

Let's start with Einstein's theory of General Relativity which is
irrefutable and trumps everything.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tld2ad$3gh3q$6@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13190&group=rec.arts.drwho#13190

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 22:16:32 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:16 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 20/11/22 7:22 am:
> On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 11:52:36 AM UTC-8, The True Doctor
> wrote:
>> On 15/11/2022 03:32, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Which pre Timeless Child Whoiverse rules do those monsters
>>> violate?
>>
>> Let's start with Einstein's theory of General Relativity which is
>> irrefutable and trumps everything.
>
> How do those monsters violate General Relativity?

Probably because they were travelling faster than the speed of light as
they moved around the Universe, Tim.
--
Daniel

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tld7na$3h0th$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13203&group=rec.arts.drwho#13203

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
retconned from the Doctor Who lore
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 12:48:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:NySiQjy9gqsxL1iYK1gVmJ2DkBg=
 by: solar penguin - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 12:48 UTC

Daniel declared:

> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 20/11/22 7:22 am:
>> On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 11:52:36 AM UTC-8, The True Doctor
>> wrote:
>
> <Snip>

>>> Let's start with Einstein's theory of General Relativity
>>> which is irrefutable and trumps everything.
>>
>> How do those monsters violate General Relativity?
>>
> Probably because they were travelling faster than the
> speed of light as they moved around the Universe, Tim.

That’s violating _Special_ Relativity!

--
solar penguin

Re: Top 10 reasons why the Timeless Child should be retconned from the Doctor Who lore

<tlfk8c$3pieu$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13230&group=rec.arts.drwho#13230

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
the Doctor Who lore
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 21:34:56 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 10:34 UTC

solar penguin wrote on 20/11/22 11:48 p.m.> Daniel declared:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 20/11/22 7:22 am:
>>
>> <Snip>

>>> How do those monsters violate General Relativity?
>>>
>> Probably because they were travelling faster than the speed of
>> light as they moved around the Universe, Tim.
>
> That’s violating _Special_ Relativity!

Opps!! Sorry! ;-)
--
Daniel