This is the ____LAST time I take travel suggestions from Ray Bradbury!

arts / rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st / Eileen faulty logic in men

SubjectAuthor
* Eileen faulty logic in mencapricorn40
+* Re: Eileen faulty logic in menkat
|`- Re: Eileen faulty logic in menLucretia Borgia
`* Re: Eileen faulty logic in menGordonD
 `* Voting in General ElectionLucretia Borgia
  `- Re: Voting in General Electionkat

1
Eileen faulty logic in men

<11873910-4d6a-4fc6-9446-05d8a2f6c52an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1325&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1325

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 02:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Eileen faulty logic in men
From: rickblac...@hotmail.com (capricorn40)
 by: capricorn40 - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 09:41 UTC

She went on about how she can't trust men any more and she brought up Pat Phelan and Yan(Sp)
Ok First of all, she KNEW what kind of man Phelan was and she supported him anyway. Everyone on the street was was warning him about him, Anna told her how much of a pig the guy was but Eileen still stuck by him, because, well he treated other people like crap, but he's nice to ME

Yan, although a nice person, had a sketchy background and he had way too much weird crap going on in his life.

George is an established businessman, everyone likes him and has no skeletons in the closet, but she is comparing him to the previous two men.

Frustrating to watch.

EB

Re: Eileen faulty logic in men

<ipu6blFhmfbU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1327&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1327

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Eileen faulty logic in men
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:35:33 +0100
 by: kat - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 10:35 UTC

On 09/09/2021 10:41, capricorn40 wrote:
> She went on about how she can't trust men any more and she brought up Pat Phelan and Yan(Sp)
> Ok First of all, she KNEW what kind of man Phelan was and she supported him anyway. Everyone on the street was was warning him about him, Anna told her how much of a pig the guy was but Eileen still stuck by him, because, well he treated other people like crap, but he's nice to ME
>
> Yan, although a nice person, had a sketchy background and he had way too much weird crap going on in his life.
>
> George is an established businessman, everyone likes him and has no skeletons in the closet, but she is comparing him to the previous two men.
>
> Frustrating to watch.
>
> EB

I think I understand though, she has had so much trouble over the years with
wrong choices, she is wary of someone who looks to be a bit too good! After
all there might be the odd skeleton we don't know about yet - or indeed a load
of ashes...

I hope they get there though, I think they could make a lovely pairing.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Eileen faulty logic in men

<dqsjjgt9jgv19jn2hvfrnk29e7b65gm5s5@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1328&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1328

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 08:44:25 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:44 UTC

On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:35:33 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 09/09/2021 10:41, capricorn40 wrote:
>> She went on about how she can't trust men any more and she brought up Pat Phelan and Yan(Sp)
>> Ok First of all, she KNEW what kind of man Phelan was and she supported him anyway. Everyone on the street was was warning him about him, Anna told her how much of a pig the guy was but Eileen still stuck by him, because, well he treated other people like crap, but he's nice to ME
>>
>> Yan, although a nice person, had a sketchy background and he had way too much weird crap going on in his life.
>>
>> George is an established businessman, everyone likes him and has no skeletons in the closet, but she is comparing him to the previous two men.
>>
>> Frustrating to watch.
>>
>> EB
>>

>I think I understand though, she has had so much trouble over the years with
>wrong choices, she is wary of someone who looks to be a bit too good! After
>all there might be the odd skeleton we don't know about yet - or indeed a load
>of ashes...
>
>I hope they get there though, I think they could make a lovely pairing.

I noticed he did say to Todd when he told him he wasn't fired that he
himself had a troubled youth and it only changed when he didn't run
away but stopped and faced the music.

Re: Eileen faulty logic in men

<iq148kF4iv7U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1329&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1329

From: g.da...@btinternet.com (GordonD)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:18:11 +0100
 by: GordonD - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:18 UTC

On 09/09/2021 10:41, capricorn40 wrote:

> George is an established businessman, everyone likes him and has no skeletons in the closet,

I hope not, he's supposed to have buried them all!

--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

Voting in General Election

<pmnnjgdfakdadsi2koivgcffe1pp803rjo@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1330&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1330

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Voting in General Election
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 19:42:35 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 22:42 UTC

We are having a General Election in Canada on September 21 but advance
stations opened this a.m. I went and was second in line. I vote at
a Masons Hall but the thing that always delights me is it is on
Coronation Street !!

Re: Voting in General Election

<iq4fa5Fod4lU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1331&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1331

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Voting in General Election
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 20:45:07 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 19:45 UTC

On 10/09/2021 23:42, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> We are having a General Election in Canada on September 21 but advance
> stations opened this a.m. I went and was second in line. I vote at
> a Masons Hall but the thing that always delights me is it is on
> Coronation Street !!

Perfect! Or could be even more so if it was Mission Hall, though admittedly
that wasn't actually on the Street.:-)

--
kat