Except for 75% of the women, everyone in the whole world wants to have sex. -- Ellyn Mustard

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Adam H. Kerman
||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Micky DuPree
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
|| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Adam H. Kerman
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
| |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Adam H. Kerman
| |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)A Friend
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
  +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)shawn
  +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Ubiquitous
   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<UBI20211219@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131813&group=rec.arts.tv#131813

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:30 UTC

I watched:

THE MONKEES:
Decades was playing this all weekend, in memoriumn to Mike Nesmith.

THE GREAT NORTH:
"Dip The Halls Adventure". When Jerry's Bigfoot costume gets stolen a few
days before Christmas, Beef helps him track it down. The Tobin kids try to
build an elaborate gingerbread village.

FAMILY GUY:
"Christmas Crime". When Mayor West's nativity scene is ruined, Brian is seen
as the prime suspect.

What did you watch?

--
Let'a go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<spqegb$fe3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131835&group=rec.arts.tv#131835

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:28:43 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:28 UTC

On 2021-12-20 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Two-day catch-up:

SAT:

A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
(Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.

California Dreaming (recorde off Nick) - This was clearly a failed
pilot. In the spirit of a cross between "Big Time Rush" (i.e. so
"wacky") and something like "Lost & Found Music Studio" or "Backstage",
it's about 5 (really 6, though the sixth student is the upiquitous
rival/mean influencer bitch and is not main credited) music kids from
all over, and their auditions to get into an elite (boarding?) music
school (I guess like Juilliard, for high schoolers).
I had a problem with the tone - this would have been a better effort
if they'd played it "straighter" and less "wacky". The leads were all
fine, esp. the likeable Jenna Raine Simmons, and Liv Simone (whom I
feel I've seen in something else... but maybe not).
Clearly Nick passed on it, as we get an "American Graffiti"-style
text-over at the very end, telling us what happened to the five (really
six) principals.
Annoyingly, only the 5 principal leads were credited, and Nick
provided no end-credits on the "special", so I still have no idea who
played Mandy, the EVOL! rival/influencer girl.

In between grading, I watched "The Avengers" (2012), which I hadn't
seen for a few years, off Disney+. This was back when Loki was still
completely "EVOL!!1!" - they've sure done a number on the character
since then!

Legacies (recorded) - "I Can't Be the One to Stop You" (ep. #4.9). This
was an almost entirely dreadful effort, that likely represents
"Legacies" "jump the shark" moment.
Pretty much none of the developments here were good.
In Limbo, they are dragging out the storyline, as now Alaric, Landon
and "Ted" The Necromancer have to collect multiple coins in Limbo in
order to get a crack at "stealing" the Ferryman's boat - how many more
episodes of this are we going to have to put up with?!... So this
storyline is still on "pause".
Meanwhile, Kaylee Bryant really screwed them with her leaving the
show (I'd love to know the real story here - while Bryant is getting
work, post-show, her abrupt departure in the middle of the season
implies that there's some bigger problem here with the show, rather
than Bryant simply leaving for a "better offer"...).
But her *character's* departure is completely nonsensical - at
least, her stated reasons for "leaving" are. So now we're going to get
an even more awkward repeat of the whole "Caroline situation" - a
character that *should* be there, but isn't, for completely contrived
reasons.
This is going to look even dumber when Hope inevitably gets her
humanity back, and Josie never returns to the school.
And, even worse, they *don't* write out the Finch character with
this development, when they really should! Yeah, I get they didn't want
to screw over this actress due to Bryant's depature - but having Finch
stay while Josie leaves is idiotic. Finch is now going to be like the
*seventh* wheel on this show without Josie - they should have just
written her out.
They also introduce a new (recurring) character, whom I really don't
care about. And introduce a contrived rift between MG and Ethan.
The last developlment is the worst - Hope tricks Lizzie, who fails
to kill Hope when she has the chance, into helping Hope get her body
back. Then Hope "kills" Lizzie for good measure. But Lizzie had a
"contigency" - and now Lizzie is a witch *and* a vampire. This is a
terrible development, and parallels "The Vampire Diaries" which was
slowly ruined when pretty much everyone on the show eventually got
turned into a vampire. (Also, doesn't this seriously affect the "Merge"
that's supposed to happen!?!)
I'm already dreading the show's return now... >:/

Deadly Girls Night Out (LMN) - This was not from The Asylum, but from
The Cartel. Anyway, this turned out maybe better than expected - I
didn't see the revelation of the killer coming! It did take maybe a
little too long to get there, though.

Christmas for Keeps (Hallmark M&M) - I found this to be a really
lackluster effort. Obstensibly, it's about a group of former high
school friends who gather for a memorial service for the death of their
beloved, and influential, high school drama teacher. Being relatively
young adults, they are all struggling to find their way in the world.
It stars Christa B. Allen (who for some reason looks less than gorgeous
here), Ashley Newbrough (who continues to frustrate me by f***ing up
her face with collegen injections), and Ryan Rottman (who is suddently
looking old!), among others.
But this didn't really work for me at all, outside of Everick
Golding, who was superior as the (departed) drama teacher (who is seen
in flashbacks).

SUN:

I basically took Sunday "off", and didn't do much, mostly leaving
Christmas movies on in the background...:

When Hope Calls (recorded of GAC! Family) - I watched this mostly to
prove Robin RONG!!
Mission accomplished!! :)
It takes them two episodes to fully explain why Jocelyn Hudon's
Grace is no longer around - she took the one wretched orphan to her
grandfather in London, and then stayed there... and married!! (I don't
think the timeline works out on this at all! It means that Grace must
have gotten married in, like, under 6 months!!) Anyway, Grace is
married, and in London, and running her own orphanage now, so I doubt
we're ever going to see Jocelyn Hudon again!!
Meanwhile, another main character - Wendy Crewson's character's son,
Chuck - also is gone in season #2. He was sweet on Grace, so they kind
of explained that he left town after she did.
Beyond that, several people - Hanneke Talbot, Marshall Williams, and
Neil Crone - are bumped up to main cast for season #2. (Adding Crone's
character to the main cast was a bad idea - he's exactly the kind of
ham-fisted "comedy relief" character that a show like this does *not*
need more of!).
Many other season 1 recurring characters are kept around, like
Kalinka Petrie (despite her character being a potential love-interest
for the now-departed Chuck) and Morgan David Jones as one of Crewson's
ranch hands.
Lori Loughlin was front-and-center in this Christmas special - even
being main credited - to the point where I wonder if she's sticking
around the show after the special.
Anyway, without Hudon's Grace, the show feels even more uncompelling
and unbalanced now, so I doubt I will be watching any more of this...

The Witcher (Netflix) - "A Grain of Truth" (ep. #2.1). A strong start
to season #2.
Geralt and Ciri are now united. Geralt and Tissaia search for
Yennifer after the battle, but fail to find her, and assume her to be
dead. But, no! Yennifer is alive!! but captured by her former "school
chum" Fringilla.
Geralt takes Ciri to an "old friend" (Kristofer Hivju, who looks to
have lost some weight - and his beard! - since "Game of Thrones") who
it turns out has been cursed to be a "Boar Man" since Geralt last saw
him.
Of course, Geralt's "old friend" is keeping secrets... The monster kind!!
This allows us to have the lovely Norwegeian actress Agnes Born play
the "monster" (and gives us the only "naked nudity" of the episode!).
In the end, Geralt breaks his "friend's" curse the hard, and tragic!
way! leaving Ciri a little conflicted.
And the episode ends with Yennifer and Fringilla under lethal attack!

'Tis the Season to be Merry (Hallmark) - This was... OK. Rachael Leigh
Cook stars as a blogger and lying liar of an potential author, who has
based her book around a ficticious boyfriend. She and her editor (the
lovely Amy Groening) head back to the editor's hometown, where they run
into the editor's older brother (Travis Van Winkle), whom Cook's
character claims once had a serious crush on her. Wackiness ensues when
the editor's boss discovers that Cook's character's boyfriend is
fictious and races to the town to confront her about it.
This didn't do anything new, and Van Winkle's character is kind of
unlikeable, and I didn't like some of the supporting cast, but Cook and
Groening make this go down easier...

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<spqils$pcf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131840&group=rec.arts.tv#131840

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 10:39:54 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 18:39 UTC

On 12/20/2021 9:28 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2021-12-20 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Two-day catch-up:
>
> SAT:
>
> A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
> then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
> (Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
> course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret escapes
> a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the help of
> a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval officer", but
> they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the film...), try to track
> Margaret down as she races all over London.
>   While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the rest
> of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was actually
> only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.

This might be worth checking out.

> SUN:
>

> The Witcher (Netflix) - "A Grain of Truth" (ep. #2.1). A strong start to
> season #2.

I still haven't gotten to this. I'll be on vacation soon, then I'll see
how much streaming I can squeeze in. I still have tons of stuff across
multiple platforms to get through.

I watched:

The Matix Trilogy (HBOMax) The classic movie trilogy starring Keano
Reeves as a hacker named Neo who joins a terrorist cult lead by Morpheus
(Laurence Fishburne). Morpheus believes that anyone not in his cult can
be killed, and along with his acolytes they spend the movies murdering
lots of innocent people, and in particular law enforcement types who are
just doing their job. Trying to stop Morpheus and Neo's killing spree
are machines who are programmed to care for humanity, and provide humans
with food, shelter, and civilization. Since Morpheus and his cult
members reject civilization, they fight the machines and rationalize
it's OK to murder anyone not already on their side. I also never
noticed until now, but in Matrix 3 Neo stole a little's girl's luggage.

Existenz (blu-ray) 1999 sci-fi movie written and directed by David
Cronenberg. It stars Jennifer Jason Leigh as a video game designer who
creates a Matrix, I mean virtual reality game that she talks Jude Law
into playing with her after an assassination attempt. I haven't watched
this in about 10 years. It held up well enough.

Let Him Go (Netflix rental) - I saw this mentioned in the group a few
days back. It stars Ma and Pa Kent as a pair of grandparents who go up
against their new psycho in-laws, if you can call them that, to get
their grandson back. It was pretty good.

Dexter: New Blood - "Skin of Her Teeth" - This was a pretty good one
with Dexter thinking he can let the law handle The Kurgan, but the
Kurgan is two steps ahead of them.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<1073424679.661717858.506347.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131841&group=rec.arts.tv#131841

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 11:40:43 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 18:40 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-12-20 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Two-day catch-up:
>
> SAT:
>
> A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
> then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
> (Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
> course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
> escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
> help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
> officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
> film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
> While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
> rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
> actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.

Say what now?

> In between grading, I watched "The Avengers" (2012), which I hadn't
> seen for a few years, off Disney+. This was back when Loki was still
> completely "EVOL!!1!" - they've sure done a number on the character
> since then!

Well, the Loki of Loki isn’t the same Loki of the avengers.

> Deadly Girls Night Out (LMN) - This was not from The Asylum, but from
> The Cartel. Anyway, this turned out maybe better than expected - I
> didn't see the revelation of the killer coming! It did take maybe a
> little too long to get there, though.

So which was deadly, the girls or the night?

> SUN:
>
> I basically took Sunday "off", and didn't do much, mostly leaving
> Christmas movies on in the background...:
>
> When Hope Calls (recorded of GAC! Family) - I watched this mostly to
> prove Robin RONG!!
> Mission accomplished!! :)

You are *so* on the naughty list!

> Lori Loughlin was front-

Whooo-Hooo!

> The Witcher (Netflix) - "A Grain of Truth" (ep. #2.1). A strong start
> to season #2.
> Geralt and Ciri are now united. Geralt and Tissaia search for
> Yennifer after the battle, but fail to find her, and assume her to be
> dead. But, no! Yennifer is alive!! but captured by her former "school
> chum" Fringilla.

And must hide her deadly secret!

> Geralt takes Ciri to an "old friend" (Kristofer Hivju, who looks to
> have lost some weight - and his beard! - since "Game of Thrones") who
> it turns out has been cursed to be a "Boar Man" since Geralt last saw
> him.
> Of course, Geralt's "old friend" is keeping secrets... The monster kind!!
> This allows us to have the lovely Norwegeian actress Agnes Born play
> the "monster" (and gives us the only "naked nudity" of the episode!).

Maybe. I mean, half the time she was CGI and the rest she was twisted
around like Yeniffer was in season one which makes me wonder if those three
or four precious frames of nudity were even her or even real.

> In the end, Geralt breaks his "friend's" curse the hard, and tragic!
> way! leaving Ciri a little conflicted.
> And the episode ends with Yennifer and Fringilla under lethal attack!

I think the season in general has been better than season one. I like that
they aren’t going nonlinear with it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<spqjn2$17a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131846&group=rec.arts.tv#131846

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 10:57:38 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 18:57 UTC

On 2021-12-20 18:40:43 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2021-12-20 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Two-day catch-up:
>>
>> SAT:
>>
>> A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
>> then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
>> (Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
>> course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
>> escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
>> help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
>> officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
>> film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
>> While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
>> rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
>> actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.
>
> Say what now?

You know what I mean!! "14" is basically still a "tween". The real
"teenage" years are like 15 or 16 to 18 or 19...

>> In between grading, I watched "The Avengers" (2012), which I hadn't
>> seen for a few years, off Disney+. This was back when Loki was still
>> completely "EVOL!!1!" - they've sure done a number on the character
>> since then!
>
> Well, the Loki of Loki isn’t the same Loki of the avengers.

Even in the original MCU, they immediately started backpeddling on
Loki's EVOL!!1! immediately after this!

They clearly want us to forget how he murdered Coulson... >:/

>> Deadly Girls Night Out (LMN) - This was not from The Asylum, but from
>> The Cartel. Anyway, this turned out maybe better than expected - I
>> didn't see the revelation of the killer coming! It did take maybe a
>> little too long to get there, though.
>
> So which was deadly, the girls or the night?

It was definitely the girl(s)!

>> SUN:
>>
>> The Witcher (Netflix) - "A Grain of Truth" (ep. #2.1). A strong start
>> to season #2.
>> Geralt and Ciri are now united. Geralt and Tissaia search for
>> Yennifer after the battle, but fail to find her, and assume her to be
>> dead. But, no! Yennifer is alive!! but captured by her former "school
>> chum" Fringilla.
>
> And must hide her deadly secret!
>
>> Geralt takes Ciri to an "old friend" (Kristofer Hivju, who looks to
>> have lost some weight - and his beard! - since "Game of Thrones") who
>> it turns out has been cursed to be a "Boar Man" since Geralt last saw
>> him.
>> Of course, Geralt's "old friend" is keeping secrets... The monster kind!!
>> This allows us to have the lovely Norwegeian actress Agnes Born play
>> the "monster" (and gives us the only "naked nudity" of the episode!).
>
> Maybe. I mean, half the time she was CGI and the rest she was twisted
> around like Yeniffer was in season one which makes me wonder if those three
> or four precious frames of nudity were even her or even real.

I think they were. In the scenes without the funny business, it
credibly looked like that was actually Agnes Born's body.

>> In the end, Geralt breaks his "friend's" curse the hard, and tragic!
>> way! leaving Ciri a little conflicted.
>> And the episode ends with Yennifer and Fringilla under lethal attack!
>
> I think the season in general has been better than season one. I like that
> they aren’t going nonlinear with it.

Yeah, it was inevitable that season #2 would appeal more to a lot of
people, as the storytelling was no longer going to be "fragmentary".

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<640662170.661727892.844727.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131862&group=rec.arts.tv#131862

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 14:21:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 21:21 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-12-20 18:40:43 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Two-day catch-up:
>>>
>>> SAT:
>>>
>>> A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
>>> then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
>>> (Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
>>> course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
>>> escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
>>> help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
>>> officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
>>> film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
>>> While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
>>> rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
>>> actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.
>>
>> Say what now?
>
> You know what I mean!! "14" is basically still a "tween". The real
> "teenage" years are like 15 or 16 to 18 or 19...

Actually I had no idea what you’re talking about. “Tween” isn’t some thing
I think about at all.

>>> In between grading, I watched "The Avengers" (2012), which I hadn't
>>> seen for a few years, off Disney+. This was back when Loki was still
>>> completely "EVOL!!1!" - they've sure done a number on the character
>>> since then!
>>
>> Well, the Loki of Loki isn’t the same Loki of the avengers.
>
> Even in the original MCU, they immediately started backpeddling on
> Loki's EVOL!!1! immediately after this!
>
> They clearly want us to forget how he murdered Coulson... >:/

I was annoyed that they didn’t mention that when they were talking about
the 50 people he stabbed in the back. But then bringing up Colson get you
in trouble since he’s dead And the movies but Alive on TV.

>>> Deadly Girls Night Out (LMN) - This was not from The Asylum, but from
>>> The Cartel. Anyway, this turned out maybe better than expected - I
>>> didn't see the revelation of the killer coming! It did take maybe a
>>> little too long to get there, though.
>>
>> So which was deadly, the girls or the night?
>
> It was definitely the girl(s)!
>
>>> SUN:
>>>
>>> The Witcher (Netflix) - "A Grain of Truth" (ep. #2.1). A strong start
>>> to season #2.
>>> Geralt and Ciri are now united. Geralt and Tissaia search for
>>> Yennifer after the battle, but fail to find her, and assume her to be
>>> dead. But, no! Yennifer is alive!! but captured by her former "school
>>> chum" Fringilla.
>>
>> And must hide her deadly secret!
>>
>>> Geralt takes Ciri to an "old friend" (Kristofer Hivju, who looks to
>>> have lost some weight - and his beard! - since "Game of Thrones") who
>>> it turns out has been cursed to be a "Boar Man" since Geralt last saw
>>> him.
>>> Of course, Geralt's "old friend" is keeping secrets... The monster kind!!
>>> This allows us to have the lovely Norwegeian actress Agnes Born play
>>> the "monster" (and gives us the only "naked nudity" of the episode!).
>>
>> Maybe. I mean, half the time she was CGI and the rest she was twisted
>> around like Yeniffer was in season one which makes me wonder if those three
>> or four precious frames of nudity were even her or even real.
>
> I think they were. In the scenes without the funny business, it
> credibly looked like that was actually Agnes Born's body.
>
>>> In the end, Geralt breaks his "friend's" curse the hard, and tragic!
>>> way! leaving Ciri a little conflicted.
>>> And the episode ends with Yennifer and Fringilla under lethal attack!
>>
>> I think the season in general has been better than season one. I like that
>> they aren’t going nonlinear with it.
>
> Yeah, it was inevitable that season #2 would appeal more to a lot of
> people, as the storytelling was no longer going to be "fragmentary".

I’ve just finished it. Definitely better than season one, especially the
production values. But a huge step down in nudity.

How does Henry even find time to do this? I can’t believe this pays as well
as Superman.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<spqt8h$532$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131863&group=rec.arts.tv#131863

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 21:40:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 21:40 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>Two-day catch-up:

>SAT:

>A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
>then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
>(Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
>course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
>escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
>help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
>officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
>film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
> While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
>rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
>actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.

I tried to watch this when Showtime first got it. I made it 20 minutes.
I was bored with the script.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<126085132.661733475.563806.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131872&group=rec.arts.tv#131872

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 15:51:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:51 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Two-day catch-up:
>
>> SAT:
>
>> A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
>> then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
>> (Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
>> course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
>> escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
>> help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
>> officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
>> film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
>> While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
>> rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
>> actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.
>
> I tried to watch this when Showtime first got it. I made it 20 minutes.
> I was bored with the script.

But it’s from the writer of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie
Society ( 2018)!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<spr1jl$qc6$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131873&group=rec.arts.tv#131873

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:54:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:54 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>Two-day catch-up:

>>>SAT:

>>>A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
>>>then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
>>>(Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
>>>course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
>>>escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
>>>help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
>>>officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
>>>film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
>>>While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
>>>rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
>>>actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.

>>I tried to watch this when Showtime first got it. I made it 20 minutes.
>>I was bored with the script.

>But it's from the writer of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie
>Society ( 2018)!

Maverick's cattle.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<201220211800262086%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131874&group=rec.arts.tv#131874

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 18:00:26 -0500
 by: A Friend - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 23:00 UTC

In article
<126085132.661733475.563806.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> > Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Two-day catch-up:
> >
> >> SAT:
> >
> >> A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
> >> then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
> >> (Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
> >> course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
> >> escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
> >> help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
> >> officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
> >> film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
> >> While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
> >> rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
> >> actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.
> >
> > I tried to watch this when Showtime first got it. I made it 20 minutes.
> > I was bored with the script.
> >

> But it¹s from the writer of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie
> Society ( 2018)!

As I recall the real story, Elizabeth and Margaret snuck out together
to be with the crowds on V-E night. They had a great time but wound up
having a lot of trouble getting back inside the palace.

Elizabeth had just turned 29 and Margaret was indeed just 14; she
wouldn't turn 15 for three more months. BTW someone who's 14 is a
teenager.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<spr2hm$qc6$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131877&group=rec.arts.tv#131877

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 23:10:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 23:10 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>The Matix Trilogy (HBOMax) The classic movie trilogy starring Keano
>Reeves . . .

Uh oh! Arthur has anim DVR syndrome.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<sprab5$enn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=131900&group=rec.arts.tv#131900

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:23:50 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 01:23 UTC

On 2021-12-20 21:40:34 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Two-day catch-up:
>
>> SAT:
>
>> A Royal Night Out (Showtime Women?) - A highly fictionalized account of
>> then-Princess Elizabeth (a lovely Sarah Gadon) and Princess Margaret
>> (Bel Powley) going out for a "night on the town" on V-E Day in 1945. Of
>> course, they quickly go off the approved itinerary when Margeret
>> escapes a "approved" party, and wackiness ensues as Elizabeth, with the
>> help of a commoner Royal airman (Jack Reynor; the Wiki says "Naval
>> officer", but they repeatedly refer to him as an airman in the
>> film...), try to track Margaret down as she races all over London.
>> While Elizabeth did apparently go out to a party on V-E Day, the
>> rest of this is pure fiction, especially the part where Margaret was
>> actually only 14 at the time, and not a teenager.
>
> I tried to watch this when Showtime first got it. I made it 20 minutes.
> I was bored with the script.

FTR, I'd probably watch Sarah Gadon in almost anything. Also has Emily
Watson playing the (younger) Queen Mum.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<724801381.661707906.064185.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132159&group=rec.arts.tv#132159

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 09:54:29 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 16:54 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

Finished WHAT IF?
And I watched them in order!
Good series. To say anything about any of them would be a spoiler beyond
technically I like them a lot.
Lots of original voices return and the ones that they substitute do a
serviceable job. Large breasted girl from SURFACE does the Black Widow
although it is disconcerting when she’s yelling about creatures with six
legs.
It’s surprising how often Benedict Cumbersnatch shows up. He must be into
it.

Finished THE WITCHER, discussed elsewhere.

A couple more 6 million Dollar Man episodes. They aren’t getting any
better. But the bionic woman is coming up fast. Maybe that will help. Which
reminds me, in the later season episodes Steve says that both his parents
are dead. When the hell did that happen? I was laughing out loud at Donna
Mills playing a 22 year old genius computer programmer trying out for the
Olympics equestrian team when she was pushing 40.

Three more episodes of CASEY JONES one of which had a lot of train action.
Bizarrely the train now has antlers which a friend of mine who’s into these
things says was common place but of course the new footage in the stock
footage isn’t matching.

> --
> Let'a go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<sq150m$trs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132276&group=rec.arts.tv#132276

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 22:29:40 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 06:29 UTC

On 12/22/2021 8:54 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> Finished WHAT IF?
> And I watched them in order!

Good!

snip
> It’s surprising how often Benedict Cumbersnatch shows up. He must be into
> it.

Biting my tongue...Although, have you seen the trailer for the upcoming
Doctor Strange movie...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_UqUm38BI

Warning, this could be considered a spoiler for the Spider-Man movie,
but the trailer is out now...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<s0p8sgd8868a40vs5fcsgcl4hq4lm5cbno@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132323&group=rec.arts.tv#132323

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 06:59:06 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 11:59 UTC

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 22:29:40 -0800, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 12/22/2021 8:54 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> Finished WHAT IF?
>> And I watched them in order!
>
>Good!
>

>snip
>> It’s surprising how often Benedict Cumbersnatch shows up. He must be into
>> it.
>>

>Biting my tongue...Although, have you seen the trailer for the upcoming
>Doctor Strange movie...?
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_UqUm38BI
>
>Warning, this could be considered a spoiler for the Spider-Man movie,
>but the trailer is out now...

Already spoiled for me even though I hadn't seen the latest Spiderman
movie yet. Though I did see the thumbnail for the new Dr. Strange
movie this morning and it was enough to confirm what I had heard. Ah
well, not surprising they would follow up on a good idea.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<1174861114.661962108.207522.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132337&group=rec.arts.tv#132337

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 07:22:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 14:22 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 12/22/2021 8:54 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> Finished WHAT IF?
>> And I watched them in order!
>
> Good!
>

> snip
>> It’s surprising how often Benedict Cumbersnatch shows up. He must be into
>> it.
>>

> Biting my tongue...Although, have you seen the trailer for the upcoming
> Doctor Strange movie...?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_UqUm38BI
>
> Warning, this could be considered a spoiler for the Spider-Man movie,
> but the trailer is out now...

Wow.

Now there’s something they could spend a whole series on!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<sq4piu$sp6$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132551&group=rec.arts.tv#132551

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:39:10 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 15:39 UTC

In article <sq150m$trs$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
> On 12/22/2021 8:54 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> Finished WHAT IF?
>> And I watched them in order!
>> It's surprising how often Benedict Cumbersnatch shows up. He must be into
>> it.
>
>Biting my tongue...Although, have you seen the trailer for the upcoming
>Doctor Strange movie...?
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_UqUm38BI
>
>Warning, this could be considered a spoiler for the Spider-Man movie,
>but the trailer is out now...

I heard that this movie was sppsd to have been released before the new
Spiderman movie.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<1226064474.662055713.655012.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132584&group=rec.arts.tv#132584

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:23:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:23 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <sq150m$trs$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> Finished WHAT IF?
>>> And I watched them in order!
>>> It's surprising how often Benedict Cumbersnatch shows up. He must be into
>>> it.
>>
>> Biting my tongue...Although, have you seen the trailer for the upcoming
>> Doctor Strange movie...?
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_UqUm38BI
>>
>> Warning, this could be considered a spoiler for the Spider-Man movie,
>> but the trailer is out now...
>
> I heard that this movie was sppsd to have been released before the new
> Spiderman movie.

It’s possible but having seen the trailers for both it looks like Doctor
Strange is dealing with the repercussions from the newest Spider-Man movie.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<18CdnYZ1cuIiuVv8nZ2dnUU7-fWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132633&group=rec.arts.tv#132633

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 14:51:18 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 19:51 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>>> Biting my tongue...Although, have you seen the trailer for the upcoming
>>> Doctor Strange movie...?
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_UqUm38BI
>>>
>>> Warning, this could be considered a spoiler for the Spider-Man movie,
>>> but the trailer is out now...
>>
>> I heard that this movie was sppsd to have been released before the new
>> Spiderman movie.
>
>It's possible but having seen the trailers for both it looks like Doctor
>Strange is dealing with the repercussions from the newest Spider-Man movie.

I think they had to make some changes to accomadate the Spider-Man movie.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2021-12-19 (Sunday)

<sqmdst$akj$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133957&group=rec.arts.tv#133957

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:10:05 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:10 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> writes:

> Dexter: New Blood - "Skin of Her Teeth" - This was a pretty good one
> with Dexter thinking he can let the law handle The Kurgan, but the
> Kurgan is two steps ahead of them.

At least they're consistent. The ineffectiveness of local law
enforcement works both for and against Dexter.

-Micky