Ad astra per aspera. [To the stars by aspiration.]

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?super70s
+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitBTR1701
|+- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitanim8rfsk
|+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quittrotsky
||`- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnectedEd Stasiak
|+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitAdam H. Kerman
||+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitBTR1701
|||+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitAdam H. Kerman
|||`- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quittrotsky
||+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitanim8rfsk
|||+- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phThe Horny Goat
|||+- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnectedEd Stasiak
|||`* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitUbiquitous
||| +* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitanim8rfsk
||| `* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnectedEd Stasiak
|||  +* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitmoviePig
|||  |+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phA Friend
|||  ||+- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitanim8rfsk
|||  ||`- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitmoviePig
|||  |`* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phshawn
|||  | `- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitmoviePig
|||  `- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitanim8rfsk
||`- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phThe Horny Goat
|+- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnectedRichA
|`- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phsuper70s
+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phshawn
|+* Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitDimensional Traveler
||`- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quitkensi
|`- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phshawn
`- Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phUbiquitous

Pages:12
OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<super70s-0A39E7.19341630122021@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133885&group=rec.arts.tv#133885

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 19:34:16 -0600
 by: super70s - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 01:34 UTC

In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
have dialed is no longer in service" recording.

This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."

I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
my computer running all the time.

I notice Domino's is running national commercials about "reimbursing
other local restaurants with their delivery app fee" or something like
that as some kind of goodwill gesture so I don't know if that figures
into this at all.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sJ6dnWc4VJej_1P8nZ2dnUU7-RfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133887&group=rec.arts.tv#133887

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit
answering/disconnected their phone?
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 19:51:58 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 01:51 UTC

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
> answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
> have dialed is no longer in service" recording.
>
> This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
> confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
> online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
> time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
> up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
> phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."
>
> I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
> owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
> experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
> always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
> my computer running all the time.
>
> I notice Domino's is running national commercials about "reimbursing
> other local restaurants with their delivery app fee" or something like
> that as some kind of goodwill gesture so I don't know if that figures
> into this at all.

I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<2034299715.662612711.827300.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133900&group=rec.arts.tv#133900

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 20:09:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 03:09 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>> In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
>> answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
>> have dialed is no longer in service" recording.
>>
>> This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
>> confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
>> online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
>> time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
>> up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
>> phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."
>>
>> I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
>> owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
>> experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
>> always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
>> my computer running all the time.
>>
>> I notice Domino's is running national commercials about "reimbursing
>> other local restaurants with their delivery app fee" or something like
>> that as some kind of goodwill gesture so I don't know if that figures
>> into this at all.
>
> I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
> pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.

Lol

I get dominoes but only online because I absolutely hate to talk on the
phone.

I do have to say that that Parker promo with the gallon jug of ranch is
appealing…

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<52vssg54jllf8jmlm7g2f9fr34bdlgpdjb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133912&group=rec.arts.tv#133912

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 22:47:21 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 03:47 UTC

On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 19:34:16 -0600, super70s
<super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
>answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
>have dialed is no longer in service" recording.
>
>This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
>confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
>online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
>time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
>up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
>phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."

I assume he means that not enough people want to work for what they
are offering. The same thing happens at the Schlotsky's down the block
from me. They have limited hours because they don't have enough staff.
My guess is they don't have enough staff because they don't pay enough
as the Publix in the same shopping center has no problem with
staffing.

>I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
>owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
>experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
>always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
>my computer running all the time.

It's probably a local thing as I think each Domino's is a locally run
franchise and so they can set their own salaries. Seems like the owner
isn't willing to pay what the local market is demanding so they are
running short on employees.

>I notice Domino's is running national commercials about "reimbursing
>other local restaurants with their delivery app fee" or something like
>that as some kind of goodwill gesture so I don't know if that figures
>into this at all.

That sounds more like Domino's is either considering or actively doing
deliveries for other local restaurants.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sqlv8l$1sdc$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133917&group=rec.arts.tv#133917

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 22:00:21 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:00 UTC

On 12/30/2021 7:51 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>> In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
>> answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
>> have dialed is no longer in service" recording.
>>
>> This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
>> confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
>> online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
>> time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
>> up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
>> phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."
>>
>> I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
>> owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
>> experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
>> always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
>> my computer running all the time.
>>
>> I notice Domino's is running national commercials about "reimbursing
>> other local restaurants with their delivery app fee" or something like
>> that as some kind of goodwill gesture so I don't know if that figures
>> into this at all.
>
> I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
> pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.

Oh, you fly to Chicago to have pizza? Sounds far fetched.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sqlvcn$tkg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133918&group=rec.arts.tv#133918

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:02:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:02 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
>pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.

You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
pizza west of Chicago.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sqlvln$ucb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133923&group=rec.arts.tv#133923

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 20:07:20 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:07 UTC

On 12/30/2021 7:47 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 19:34:16 -0600, super70s
> <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
>> answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
>> have dialed is no longer in service" recording.
>>
>> This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
>> confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
>> online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
>> time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
>> up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
>> phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."
>
> I assume he means that not enough people want to work for what they
> are offering. The same thing happens at the Schlotsky's down the block
> from me. They have limited hours because they don't have enough staff.
> My guess is they don't have enough staff because they don't pay enough
> as the Publix in the same shopping center has no problem with
> staffing.

This is the "Big Thing" in the economy right now. A lot of people are
refusing to work for too little pay anymore. All the business lobbyists
are complaining to Congress about how no one will come back to work for
them for less than what they were getting before COVID and how horrible
it is for the economy and their companies' quarterly reports but none of
them are willing to pay a decent wage. And if you ask for one they get
very pissed off at you and berate your for being ungrateful and how you
should just take the minimum wage they are offering.

dirty old man.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<yJ6dnZDC5I6tH1P8nZ2dnUU7-cXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133924&group=rec.arts.tv#133924

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 22:08:16 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:08 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
>> pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.
>
> You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
> pizza west of Chicago.

Says the guy from a city which thinks casserole counts as pizza!

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sqm0td$5tr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133929&group=rec.arts.tv#133929

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:28:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:28 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
>>>pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.

>>You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
>>pizza west of Chicago.

>Says the guy from a city which thinks casserole counts as pizza!

I liked stuffed pizza from Edwardo's. One location I lived in, I could
walk to the original location, which he kept when he sold his name to the
franchisor. That location closed decades ago. The franchises bit the dust
but I see one location remains no where near me.

Normally I get thin crust. I've always disliked deep dish.

Stuffed pizza looks like this:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5d79b7dd2e51c637b42ea74e/1570679890623-OO737YC0DVOEH4VPN4LU/edwardos+deep+dish+spinach.pull.jpg

Note that the tomato sauce is the top layer and the cheese is in the
middle. This is what people who don't like stuffed pizza object to.

I don't care for Pizzeria Uno stuffed pizza, the restaurant claiming to
have invented it. The tomato sauce is a little off-putting.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<2000109287.662617461.184522.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133930&group=rec.arts.tv#133930

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 21:28:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:28 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
>> pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.
>
> You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
> pizza west of Chicago.

Fuck pineapple. They put asparagus on pizza. A stalk on each slice like the
spokes of a wheel.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<jp5tsg9b371oejovjcsaqbd8tncc1n1is0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133937&group=rec.arts.tv#133937

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 21:41:24 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 05:41 UTC

On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:02:32 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
>>pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.
>
>You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
>pizza west of Chicago.

Don't know about that but then my only real experience with eastern
pizza was 30 years ago in grad school and I don't remember it being
notably superior to the local stuff.

I >DO< remember the night before my last master's exam where I knew I
knew my stuff and that (a) it was a 4 hour examination, (b) I had had
4 exams in the previous 5 days and (c) I figured I'd do myself more
good having a good meal (pizza night), having a good hot shower so I
felt clean the next morning, be in bed by 9:30, up a 6 reviewing my
notes and having breakfast before the exam at 9.

I definitely ate a lot of pizza in those days!

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<766tsg1pmua77atgseqdhr0g98jkj1l9kk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133939&group=rec.arts.tv#133939

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 21:45:23 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 05:45 UTC

On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 21:28:44 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Fuck pineapple. They put asparagus on pizza. A stalk on each slice like the
>spokes of a wheel.

Uh - that's like gluing an extra penis on Michelangelo's David.....

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sqm6rc$3p2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133945&group=rec.arts.tv#133945

From: kkensing...@gmail.invalid (kensi)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 01:09:49 -0500
 by: kensi - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 06:09 UTC

On 2021-12-30 11:07 p.m., Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> This is the "Big Thing" in the economy right now.  A lot of people are
> refusing to work for too little pay anymore.  All the business lobbyists
> are complaining to Congress about how no one will come back to work for
> them for less than what they were getting before COVID and how horrible
> it is for the economy and their companies' quarterly reports but none of
> them are willing to pay a decent wage.  And if you ask for one they get
> very pissed off at you and berate your for being ungrateful and how you
> should just take the minimum wage they are offering.

Hey, rich assholes out there! Turns out that free market you so adore is
a double-edged sword! Haha!

*snicker*

in here." ~Checkmate

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<rpetsgt26pg0dc8qot3racp4qntm0f1l87@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133959&group=rec.arts.tv#133959

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 03:13:45 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:13 UTC

On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 22:47:21 -0500, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 19:34:16 -0600, super70s
><super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
>>answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
>>have dialed is no longer in service" recording.
>>
>>This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
>>confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
>>online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
>>time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
>>up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
>>phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."
>
>I assume he means that not enough people want to work for what they
>are offering. The same thing happens at the Schlotsky's down the block
>from me. They have limited hours because they don't have enough staff.
>My guess is they don't have enough staff because they don't pay enough
>as the Publix in the same shopping center has no problem with
>staffing.
>
>>I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
>>owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
>>experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
>>always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
>>my computer running all the time.
>
>It's probably a local thing as I think each Domino's is a locally run
>franchise and so they can set their own salaries. Seems like the owner
>isn't willing to pay what the local market is demanding so they are
>running short on employees.
>
>>I notice Domino's is running national commercials about "reimbursing
>>other local restaurants with their delivery app fee" or something like
>>that as some kind of goodwill gesture so I don't know if that figures
>>into this at all.
>
>That sounds more like Domino's is either considering or actively doing
>deliveries for other local restaurants.

Just a quick follow up as I just got an email that my apartment
complex is no longer going to have the office open on Sundays. Now,
the weekend is clearly the biggest time for people to stop buy when
looking to rent a new place so this is likely another case of them not
wanting to pay the money needed to operate the office on the weekend
(well on both Saturday and Sunday.)

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sqmj3l$od8$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133967&group=rec.arts.tv#133967

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 03:39:01 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 09:39 UTC

On 12/30/2021 10:08 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
>>> pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.
>>
>> You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
>> pizza west of Chicago.
>
> Says the guy from a city which thinks casserole counts as pizza!

Moron meet moron. LOL!

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sqn02p$fds$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133987&group=rec.arts.tv#133987

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:20:25 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 13:20 UTC

On 2021-12-30 11:28 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
>>> pizza west of Chicago.
>
>> Says the guy from a city which thinks casserole counts as pizza!
>
> I liked stuffed pizza from Edwardo's. One location I lived in, I could
> walk to the original location, which he kept when he sold his name to the
> franchisor. That location closed decades ago. The franchises bit the dust
> but I see one location remains no where near me.
>
> Normally I get thin crust. I've always disliked deep dish.
>
> Stuffed pizza looks like this:
>
> https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5d79b7dd2e51c637b42ea74e/1570679890623-OO737YC0DVOEH4VPN4LU/edwardos+deep+dish+spinach.pull.jpg
>
> Note that the tomato sauce is the top layer and the cheese is in the
> middle. This is what people who don't like stuffed pizza object to.
>
> I don't care for Pizzeria Uno stuffed pizza, the restaurant claiming to
> have invented it. The tomato sauce is a little off-putting.

The best pizza I ever had was at a Pizzeria Uno outside Boston when I
was there on business 30 years ago. Much to my disappointment, we don't
seem to have Pizzeria Uno in Canada so I've never had a chance to see if
that pizza was a fluke or whether every pizza they make at every
franchisee is great.

And no, I never had the famous Chicago pizzas the times I was there on
business. Now I'm thinking I should have!

--
Rhino

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<75d86688-8fd8-4afa-9c87-73d948a273c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133990&group=rec.arts.tv#133990

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 06:04:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected
their phone?
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:04 UTC

On Thursday, 30 December 2021 at 20:52:06 UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> > In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
> > answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
> > have dialed is no longer in service" recording.
> >
> > This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
> > confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
> > online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
> > time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
> > up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
> > phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."
> >
> > I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
> > owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
> > experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
> > always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
> > my computer running all the time.
> >
> > I notice Domino's is running national commercials about "reimbursing
> > other local restaurants with their delivery app fee" or something like
> > that as some kind of goodwill gesture so I don't know if that figures
> > into this at all.
>
> I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
> pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.

These people who don't want to work? No problem. But just cut them off from ALL money and support from the STATE. If they start acting criminal, line them up and shoot them.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<86ef747e-70dc-4920-84ac-699d6a0a5f69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=134006&group=rec.arts.tv#134006

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:04:36 -0800 (PST)
their phone?
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:04 UTC

> trotsky
> > BTR1701
> >
> > I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
> > pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.
>
> Oh, you fly to Chicago to have lasagna?

FTFY
Everybody knows Detroit style pizza is the best pizza.

https://i.postimg.cc/vBcshYsB/Detroit-style-pizza.jpg
https://ibb.co/NZMjqJ4

https://i.postimg.cc/qqKdf1gH/pizza-map.png
https://ibb.co/1TH4whc

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<e95a35eb-adb6-42b9-91cf-bb0831e8bf7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=134011&group=rec.arts.tv#134011

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:19:41 -0800 (PST)
their phone?
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:19 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> Fuck pineapple.

Hungry Howies Hawaiian with bacon, ham pineapple
and garlic crust is my favorite pizza but pizzas are
damn expensive nowadays if you son’t have a special
offer coupon.

https://i.postimg.cc/y8kt2fGQ/Hungry-Howies-Hawaiian-pizza.jpg
https://ibb.co/tH4kChj

Heard somewhere that pizza joints have the best
cost-to-profit margin of any business.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<super70s-3F7BC4.10482131122021@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=134020&group=rec.arts.tv#134020

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 10:48:22 -0600
 by: super70s - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:48 UTC

In article <sJ6dnWc4VJej_1P8nZ2dnUU7-RfNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> > In the past 4 or 5 months my local Domino's has gone from never
> > answering their phone to a constant busy signal to a "the number you
> > have dialed is no longer in service" recording.
> >
> > This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
> > confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
> > online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
> > time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
> > up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
> > phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."
> >
> > I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
> > owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
> > experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
> > always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
> > my computer running all the time.
> >
> > I notice Domino's is running national commercials about "reimbursing
> > other local restaurants with their delivery app fee" or something like
> > that as some kind of goodwill gesture so I don't know if that figures
> > into this at all.
>
> I can't tell you if it's happening here or not because I only eat quality
> pizza, so I've had no occasion to patronize Domino's.

I consider Domino's to be gourmet compared to Little Caesars, lol.

Little Caesars has one real quirk though with their rather simplified
product line -- they only keep a 3-meat pizza (the only type I ever
order from them) ready "after 4:00 pm." or something so if you order one
earlier in the day they make you wait in the parking lot for 20 minutes
while they get it ready.

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<WqednXwcUf5h4lL8nZ2dnUU7-YmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=134109&group=rec.arts.tv#134109

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 17:10:58 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 22:10 UTC

super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:

>This Domino's has not gone out of business though, apparently they feel
>confident enough to only take orders from walk-in traffic or orders
>online or through their Domino's phone app so they don't have to spend
>time taking phone orders. One time I drove there after nobody would pick
>up the phone and asked the guy at the window, "What's wrong with your
>phone?" and he responded, "Nobody wants to work."

#LetsGoBrandon
#FJB

>I was just wondering if this is only happening with my local franchise
>owner or are Domino's customers in other parts of the country
>experiencing this also? I guess I could always order online but it was
>always just as easy to place a phone order especially since I don't keep
>my computer running all the time.

I do not know about Domino's, but a lot of places in town are like that,
well, at least the ones down the street from me.

--
Let's go, Brandon!

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<WqednX8cUf6fHFL8nZ2dnUU7-YmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=134113&group=rec.arts.tv#134113

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 17:15:20 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 22:15 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>The best pizza I ever had was at a Pizzeria Uno outside Boston when I
>was there on business 30 years ago. Much to my disappointment, we don't
>seem to have Pizzeria Uno in Canada so I've never had a chance to see if
>that pizza was a fluke or whether every pizza they make at every
>franchisee is great.

I cannot say I ever had a bad pizza at Uno in Orlando, but I think the
chain has since gone out of business.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<WqednX4cUf6hHFL8nZ2dnUU7-YmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=134114&group=rec.arts.tv#134114

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 17:16:18 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 22:16 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
>> pizza west of Chicago.
>
>Fuck pineapple. They put asparagus on pizza. A stalk on each slice like
>the spokes of a wheel.

I've had pizza with corn and shrimp on it.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<1203503418.662684259.558406.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=134124&group=rec.arts.tv#134124

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:06:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 23:06 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>> You live in California, home of pineapple on pizza. There is no quality
>>> pizza west of Chicago.
>>
>> Fuck pineapple. They put asparagus on pizza. A stalk on each slice like
>> the spokes of a wheel.
>
> I've had pizza with corn and shrimp on it.

That’s just because the kid making it barfed up the stuff he couldn’t
digest

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: OT: Poll: Has your local Domino's pizza quit answering/disconnected their phone?

<sqo479$n7q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=134127&group=rec.arts.tv#134127

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
answering/disconnected their phone?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 18:37:11 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 23:37 UTC

On 2021-12-31 5:15 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
>
>> The best pizza I ever had was at a Pizzeria Uno outside Boston when I
>> was there on business 30 years ago. Much to my disappointment, we don't
>> seem to have Pizzeria Uno in Canada so I've never had a chance to see if
>> that pizza was a fluke or whether every pizza they make at every
>> franchisee is great.
>
> I cannot say I ever had a bad pizza at Uno in Orlando, but I think the
> chain has since gone out of business.

That's a shame if it's true. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be the first
restaurant that went belly up despite having a good product.

Good news! If this website is up-to-date, there are 38 Pizzeria Uno
locations but none in Florida, let alone Orlando:

https://www.menuism.com/restaurant-locations/pizzeria-uno-4323

--
Rhino