He who laughs, lasts.

arts / rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st / Social distancing

SubjectAuthor
* Social distancingLucretia Borgia
`* Re: Social distancingkat
 `* Re: Social distancingLucretia Borgia
  `* Re: Social distancingkat
   `* Re: Social distancingLucretia Borgia
    `* Re: Social distancingkat
     `* Re: Social distancingLucretia Borgia
      `* Re: Social distancingkat
       `* Re: Social distancingLucretia Borgia
        `* Re: Social distancingkat
         `* Re: Social distancingLucretia Borgia
          `- Re: Social distancingkat

1
Social distancing

<tn9mngltd3qeivo33dppagpgev7n27kh41@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1344&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1344

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Social distancing
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 19:42:05 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 22:42 UTC

Abby came home tonight, so glad they have eased the regs and she could
hug them, that would have looked strange if she didn't lol

Re: Social distancing

<iu25ceFtaf8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1345&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1345

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Social distancing
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:48:26 +0100
 by: kat - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 11:48 UTC

On 28/10/2021 23:42, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> Abby came home tonight, so glad they have eased the regs and she could
> hug them, that would have looked strange if she didn't lol

It wasn't really an easing of regulations, we don't currently have so much of
those ( not that I could tell you what we had when they actually filmed). It
was more a lot of effort put into making it possible within them while keeping
people safe.

There's a bit about it here - over 70 close contact cohorts!

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a37890973/coronation-street-will-mellor-georgia-taylor-social-distancing/

But yes, it was needed for those scenes or they just wouldn't look right.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Social distancing

<hntnngdsfkfmmm10minisimvbn7uk5rhi6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1346&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1346

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 10:29:19 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 13:29 UTC

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:48:26 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 28/10/2021 23:42, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> Abby came home tonight, so glad they have eased the regs and she could
>> hug them, that would have looked strange if she didn't lol
>>

>It wasn't really an easing of regulations, we don't currently have so much of
>those ( not that I could tell you what we had when they actually filmed). It
>was more a lot of effort put into making it possible within them while keeping
>people safe.
>
>There's a bit about it here - over 70 close contact cohorts!
>
>https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a37890973/coronation-street-will-mellor-georgia-taylor-social-distancing/
>
>But yes, it was needed for those scenes or they just wouldn't look right.

Very interesting article, thanks.

Re: Social distancing

<iu323oF46ruU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1347&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1347

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 20:58:45 +0100
 by: kat - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 19:58 UTC

On 29/10/2021 14:29, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:48:26 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 28/10/2021 23:42, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>> Abby came home tonight, so glad they have eased the regs and she could
>>> hug them, that would have looked strange if she didn't lol
>>>

>> It wasn't really an easing of regulations, we don't currently have so much of
>> those ( not that I could tell you what we had when they actually filmed). It
>> was more a lot of effort put into making it possible within them while keeping
>> people safe.
>>
>> There's a bit about it here - over 70 close contact cohorts!
>>
>> https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a37890973/coronation-street-will-mellor-georgia-taylor-social-distancing/
>>
>> But yes, it was needed for those scenes or they just wouldn't look right.
>
> Very interesting article, thanks.

It is, and you have lots of close contact to come.

Covid has made filming difficult. I have a daughter who is a TV Production
Manager. She doesn't work on dramas but more on documentaries, and getting the
crew and the talent to the right places within the various restrictions has been
fun... :-)

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Social distancing

<a2oongh0bbgpjeobqlt1cmuntl2pv1v7f9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1348&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1348

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 18:01:52 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 21:01 UTC

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 20:58:45 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 29/10/2021 14:29, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:48:26 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It wasn't really an easing of regulations, we don't currently have so much of
>>> those ( not that I could tell you what we had when they actually filmed). It
>>> was more a lot of effort put into making it possible within them while keeping
>>> people safe.
>>>
>>> There's a bit about it here - over 70 close contact cohorts!
>>>
>>> https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a37890973/coronation-street-will-mellor-georgia-taylor-social-distancing/
>>>
>>> But yes, it was needed for those scenes or they just wouldn't look right.
>>
>> Very interesting article, thanks.
>>

>It is, and you have lots of close contact to come.
>
>Covid has made filming difficult. I have a daughter who is a TV Production
>Manager. She doesn't work on dramas but more on documentaries, and getting the
>crew and the talent to the right places within the various restrictions has been
>fun... :-)

I can imagine, expect she is glad things are more normal, I know I am!
My bridge club re-opened and although it was scary trying to remember
all the ins and outs, the brain felt much better for a few games. We
have to wear masks and show proof of double vax but nobody minds that!

Re: Social distancing

<iu4pekFe3ngU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1349&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1349

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:43:15 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 11:43 UTC

On 29/10/2021 22:01, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 20:58:45 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 29/10/2021 14:29, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>> Very interesting article, thanks.
>>>

>> It is, and you have lots of close contact to come.
>>
>> Covid has made filming difficult. I have a daughter who is a TV Production
>> Manager. She doesn't work on dramas but more on documentaries, and getting the
>> crew and the talent to the right places within the various restrictions has been
>> fun... :-)
>
> I can imagine, expect she is glad things are more normal, I know I am!
> My bridge club re-opened and although it was scary trying to remember
> all the ins and outs, the brain felt much better for a few games. We
> have to wear masks and show proof of double vax but nobody minds that!

Things are easing, but she recently finished a show which involved travel for
crew and presenter to Iceland*, and is currently working on another travelogue
thought I don't know the details. Different countries, different rules!

*"Iceland with Alexander Armstrong" if you ever get a chance to see it, it's
rather interesting.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Social distancing

<g5jqng9v9tlcktls65htfs1dqertc28poa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1350&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1350

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 10:51:15 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 13:51 UTC

On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:43:15 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 29/10/2021 22:01, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 20:58:45 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It is, and you have lots of close contact to come.
>>>
>>> Covid has made filming difficult. I have a daughter who is a TV Production
>>> Manager. She doesn't work on dramas but more on documentaries, and getting the
>>> crew and the talent to the right places within the various restrictions has been
>>> fun... :-)
>>
>> I can imagine, expect she is glad things are more normal, I know I am!
>> My bridge club re-opened and although it was scary trying to remember
>> all the ins and outs, the brain felt much better for a few games. We
>> have to wear masks and show proof of double vax but nobody minds that!
>>

>Things are easing, but she recently finished a show which involved travel for
>crew and presenter to Iceland*, and is currently working on another travelogue
>thought I don't know the details. Different countries, different rules!
>
>*"Iceland with Alexander Armstrong" if you ever get a chance to see it, it's
>rather interesting.

Will watch for that on firestick and netflix etc. Will remember the
title as my family is loaded with Alexanders :)

My daughter and I stopped off in Iceland for a week back when we could
fly Air Iceland Heathrow to Halifax. It was interesting, they are
different people that's for sure. We took a ride on Icelandic Ponies
and enjoyed the Blue Lagoon - that was actually a pond by a big
thermal power station! We were sitting basking in the water when a
nearby American made some comment and we suggested to him they missed
the boat by not doing the same at Three Mile Island lol

They didn't seem to have dogs and cats, mainly budgies. Possibly
because it would have been very expensive, nothing was inexpensive.

Re: Social distancing

<iu564cFgf8mU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1351&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1351

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:19:38 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 15:19 UTC

On 30/10/2021 14:51, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:43:15 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 29/10/2021 22:01, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>> I can imagine, expect she is glad things are more normal, I know I am!
>>> My bridge club re-opened and although it was scary trying to remember
>>> all the ins and outs, the brain felt much better for a few games. We
>>> have to wear masks and show proof of double vax but nobody minds that!
>>>

>> Things are easing, but she recently finished a show which involved travel for
>> crew and presenter to Iceland*, and is currently working on another travelogue
>> thought I don't know the details. Different countries, different rules!
>>
>> *"Iceland with Alexander Armstrong" if you ever get a chance to see it, it's
>> rather interesting.
>
> Will watch for that on firestick and netflix etc. Will remember the
> title as my family is loaded with Alexanders :)
>
> My daughter and I stopped off in Iceland for a week back when we could
> fly Air Iceland Heathrow to Halifax. It was interesting, they are
> different people that's for sure. We took a ride on Icelandic Ponies
> and enjoyed the Blue Lagoon - that was actually a pond by a big
> thermal power station! We were sitting basking in the water when a
> nearby American made some comment and we suggested to him they missed
> the boat by not doing the same at Three Mile Island lol

On the ponies did you try that move between walk and trot? Looks weird!

> They didn't seem to have dogs and cats, mainly budgies. Possibly
> because it would have been very expensive, nothing was inexpensive.

Have to import most stuff, apart from fish, I guess.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Social distancing

<e40tng9b27cvi33hbhpcc58hbeqrirc35f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1352&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1352

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 08:44:20 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 11:44 UTC

On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:19:38 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 30/10/2021 14:51, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:43:15 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Things are easing, but she recently finished a show which involved travel for
>>> crew and presenter to Iceland*, and is currently working on another travelogue
>>> thought I don't know the details. Different countries, different rules!
>>>
>>> *"Iceland with Alexander Armstrong" if you ever get a chance to see it, it's
>>> rather interesting.
>>
>> Will watch for that on firestick and netflix etc. Will remember the
>> title as my family is loaded with Alexanders :)
>>
>> My daughter and I stopped off in Iceland for a week back when we could
>> fly Air Iceland Heathrow to Halifax. It was interesting, they are
>> different people that's for sure. We took a ride on Icelandic Ponies
>> and enjoyed the Blue Lagoon - that was actually a pond by a big
>> thermal power station! We were sitting basking in the water when a
>> nearby American made some comment and we suggested to him they missed
>> the boat by not doing the same at Three Mile Island lol
>
>On the ponies did you try that move between walk and trot? Looks weird!

I felt they were close akin to the Dartmoor pony, but did carefully
refer to 'horse' at the time as they are a bit sensitive about that!
It bothered my daughter but not so much me as I have always done a
sitting trot.

>> They didn't seem to have dogs and cats, mainly budgies. Possibly
>> because it would have been very expensive, nothing was inexpensive.
>>

>Have to import most stuff, apart from fish, I guess.

Indeed and when we took a walk around the supermarket, we could see
that reflected in the prices there.

Re: Social distancing

<iu7osnFrosU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1353&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1353

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 14:52:04 +0000
 by: kat - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 14:52 UTC

On 31/10/2021 11:44, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:19:38 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 30/10/2021 14:51, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>> Will watch for that on firestick and netflix etc. Will remember the
>>> title as my family is loaded with Alexanders :)
>>>
>>> My daughter and I stopped off in Iceland for a week back when we could
>>> fly Air Iceland Heathrow to Halifax. It was interesting, they are
>>> different people that's for sure. We took a ride on Icelandic Ponies
>>> and enjoyed the Blue Lagoon - that was actually a pond by a big
>>> thermal power station! We were sitting basking in the water when a
>>> nearby American made some comment and we suggested to him they missed
>>> the boat by not doing the same at Three Mile Island lol
>>
>> On the ponies did you try that move between walk and trot? Looks weird!
>
> I felt they were close akin to the Dartmoor pony, but did carefully
> refer to 'horse' at the time as they are a bit sensitive about that!
> It bothered my daughter but not so much me as I have always done a
> sitting trot.
>>

>>> They didn't seem to have dogs and cats, mainly budgies. Possibly
>>> because it would have been very expensive, nothing was inexpensive.
>>>

>> Have to import most stuff, apart from fish, I guess.
>
> Indeed and when we took a walk around the supermarket, we could see
> that reflected in the prices there.

That wasn't something that came out in the documentary, but it was fairly
obvious there isn't a lot of farming, aside from sheep.

What we did see was volcanos from above, Alexander in a pool with whales, and an
"explicit" museum. Among other things of course. :-)

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Social distancing

<lujtngd9cti4cr7q2tvi97baaqi80luoge@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1354&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1354

From: lucretia...@fl.it (Lucretia Borgia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
References: <tn9mngltd3qeivo33dppagpgev7n27kh41@4ax.com> <iu25ceFtaf8U1@mid.individual.net> <hntnngdsfkfmmm10minisimvbn7uk5rhi6@4ax.com> <iu323oF46ruU1@mid.individual.net> <a2oongh0bbgpjeobqlt1cmuntl2pv1v7f9@4ax.com> <iu4pekFe3ngU1@mid.individual.net> <g5jqng9v9tlcktls65htfs1dqertc28poa@4ax.com> <iu564cFgf8mU1@mid.individual.net> <e40tng9b27cvi33hbhpcc58hbeqrirc35f@4ax.com> <iu7osnFrosU1@mid.individual.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 14:22:11 -0300
 by: Lucretia Borgia - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 17:22 UTC

On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 14:52:04 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Have to import most stuff, apart from fish, I guess.
>>
>> Indeed and when we took a walk around the supermarket, we could see
>> that reflected in the prices there.
>>

>That wasn't something that came out in the documentary, but it was fairly
>obvious there isn't a lot of farming, aside from sheep.
>
>What we did see was volcanos from above, Alexander in a pool with whales, and an
>"explicit" museum. Among other things of course. :-)

Yes, volcanos were greatly in evidence, we took a trip to the village
where half of it was submerged in lava with houses still sticking out
of it, really emphasized the danger.

Also in that area, our driver diverted and showed us the huge pen
where they had put Willy of Free Willy fame. It hadn't worked, he was
too used to humans and kept bugging the fishermen, so they decided he
would feel more at home in a pen. Seemed super sad to me, in a way it
would have been better had he remained where he was as it was the only
way of life he knew.

Re: Social distancing

<iu8jsoF5rd1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1355&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1355

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 22:32:55 +0000
<lujtngd9cti4cr7q2tvi97baaqi80luoge@4ax.com>
 by: kat - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 22:32 UTC

On 31/10/2021 17:22, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>> Indeed and when we took a walk around the supermarket, we could see
>>> that reflected in the prices there.
>>>

>> That wasn't something that came out in the documentary, but it was fairly
>> obvious there isn't a lot of farming, aside from sheep.
>>
>> What we did see was volcanos from above, Alexander in a pool with whales, and an
>> "explicit" museum. Among other things of course. :-)
>
> Yes, volcanos were greatly in evidence, we took a trip to the village
> where half of it was submerged in lava with houses still sticking out
> of it, really emphasized the danger.

That was also in the tv show.

> Also in that area, our driver diverted and showed us the huge pen
> where they had put Willy of Free Willy fame. It hadn't worked, he was
> too used to humans and kept bugging the fishermen, so they decided he
> would feel more at home in a pen. Seemed super sad to me, in a way it
> would have been better had he remained where he was as it was the only
> way of life he knew.

talking of food, did you try the local delicacies of sheeps eyes and fermented
shark? :-)

--
kat