Many receive advice, few profit by it. -- Publilius Syrus

arts / rec.arts.drwho / [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

SubjectAuthor
* [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!Your Name
+* [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!Blueshirt
|`* [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!Blueshirt
| +* [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!The Last Doctor
| |`* [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!Daniel65
| | `- [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!Idlehands
| `- [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!Blueshirt
`- [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!Daniel65

1
[NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

<tmb68q$1cpp$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13469&group=rec.arts.drwho#13469

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:27:54 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 21:27 UTC

For those in the UK (or those with a UK-based proxy / VPN server) ...

The Sarah Jane Adventures Returns to iPlayer!
The Doctor's best friend returns to iPlayer with all five series
of The Sarah Jane Adventures available now!

The Sarah Jane Adventures has returned to iPlayer! All fifty-three
episodes of all five series are now available to stream from the
official BBC app. The CBBC show created by Russell T Davies ran
from 2007 to 2011 and starred Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith,
one of the Doctor's most beloved former companions. The Doctor Who
spin-off introduced younger children to the Whoniverse with
slightly less scary thrills, while never losing the same high
quality of storytelling.

Along the way, Sarah Jane faced off against familiar alien faces
like the Slitheen, Sontarans, and Judoon. She even battled the
Trickster himself, the master of the pantheon that had caused
Donna Noble's alternate timeline in Turn Left. There were also
villains such as the squid like Bane, conquering the world with an
alien soft drink, and the sinister Nightmare Man who attacked
people in their dreams. Not to mention the Mona Lisa (who's
revealed to be both alive, and malevolent).

Sarah Jane keeps on saving the world across 53 episodes with the
help of her friends, old and new

But helping Sarah Jane out in her adventures from her Bannerman
Road home are a range of friends, old and new. Her alien
supercomputer 'Mr. Smith' is an invaluable aid from his hiding
place behind the chimney of her attic, as his her loyal robot dog
K9. Her adopted son Luke, and later her adopted daughter Sky, are
the result of alien experiments and possessed of unusual gifts.
The teenage girls from across the road, first Maria in Series One,
and then Rani, are young women following in Sarah's heroic
footsteps. While Luke's best friend at school, Clyde, quickly
becomes an inseparable part of the time.

Not only that, but the Doctor even pops by Bannerman Road a couple
of times, first in the form of David Tennant and then as Matt
Smith. While Sir Alistair, previously Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart,
Jo Jones (nee Grant) and UNIT also appear to lend a hand.

With The Sarah Jane Adventures back on iPlayer, it's the perfect
time for a whole new generation to be introduced to the Doctor Who
universe and the magic of Sarah Jane Smith. Meanwhile a sequel
audio series featuring Rani and Clyde, Rani Takes on the World, is
due from Big Finish Productions in April of next year.

<https://www.blogtorwho.com/the-sarah-jane-adventures-returns-to-iplayer/>

Re: [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

<tmbc06$2svnt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13470&group=rec.arts.drwho#13470

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 23:05:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 23:05 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tmb68q$1cpp$2@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> >
> > For those in the UK (or those with a UK-based proxy / VPN server)
> >
> > The Sarah Jane Adventures Returns to iPlayer!
> > The Doctor's best friend returns to iPlayer with all five series
> > of The Sarah Jane Adventures available now!
> >
> > The Sarah Jane Adventures has returned to iPlayer! All
> > fifty-three episodes of all five series are now available to
> > stream from the official BBC app. The CBBC show created by
> > Russell T Davies ran from 2007 to 2011 and starred Elisabeth
> > Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, one of the Doctor's most beloved
> > former companions. The Doctor Who spin-off introduced younger
> > children to the Whoniverse with slightly less scary thrills,
> > while never losing the same high quality of storytelling.
> >

> A tad boring.

Sarah-Jane Smith was never boring!

Although I thought you would have enjoyed the SJA's... they were kind
of aimed at your level.

Re: [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

<tmcjs0$32dt3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13474&group=rec.arts.drwho#13474

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 21:26:08 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:26 UTC

Your Name wrote on 2/12/22 8:27 am:

> For those in the UK (or those with a UK-based proxy / VPN server) ...
>

>    The Sarah Jane Adventures Returns to iPlayer!
>    ---------------------------------------------
>    The Doctor's best friend returns to iPlayer with all five series
>    of The Sarah Jane Adventures available now!
>
>    The Sarah Jane Adventures has returned to iPlayer! All fifty-three
>    episodes of all five series are now available to stream from the
>    official BBC app. The CBBC show created by Russell T Davies ran
>    from 2007 to 2011 and starred Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith,
>    one of the Doctor's most beloved former companions. The Doctor Who
>    spin-off introduced younger children to the Whoniverse with
>    slightly less scary thrills, while never losing the same high
>    quality of storytelling.
>
>    Along the way, Sarah Jane faced off against familiar alien faces
>    like the Slitheen, Sontarans, and Judoon. She even battled the
>    Trickster himself, the master of the pantheon that had caused
>    Donna Noble's alternate timeline in Turn Left. There were also
>    villains such as the squid like Bane, conquering the world with an
>    alien soft drink, and the sinister Nightmare Man who attacked
>    people in their dreams. Not to mention the Mona Lisa (who's
>    revealed to be both alive, and malevolent).
>
>    Sarah Jane keeps on saving the world across 53 episodes with the
>    help of her friends, old and new
>
>    But helping Sarah Jane out in her adventures from her Bannerman
>    Road home are a range of friends, old and new. Her alien
>    supercomputer 'Mr. Smith' is an invaluable aid from his hiding
>    place behind the chimney of her attic, as his her loyal robot dog
>    K9. Her adopted son Luke,

"adopted son Luke"?? Having seen Sarah Jane in "The End of Time" and
noting the way that ended, I was half expecting Sarah Jane to tell
DoctorDavid that Luke was HIS Son!!
--
Daniel

Re: [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

<tmclml$32i0j$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13477&group=rec.arts.drwho#13477

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:57:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:57 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tmbc06$2svnt$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> A tad boring.
> >
> > Sarah-Jane Smith was never boring!
> >
> > Although I thought you would have enjoyed the SJA's... they were
> > kind of aimed at your level.
>
> Shut up Stephen Wilson1

Clearly the truth hurts, little minds and all that. But there's better
insults out there, I wonder if you could find one ... and maybe even
spell it properly!

Re: [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

<tmd0cq$33aep$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13480&group=rec.arts.drwho#13480

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 13:59:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:HH659kNXuRPe8DPM3ZXMzVs6EPU=
 by: The Last Doctor - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 13:59 UTC

Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <tmbc06$2svnt$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> Sarah-Jane Smith was never boring!
>>>
>>> Although I thought you would have enjoyed the SJA's... they were
>>> kind of aimed at your level.
>>
>> Shut up Stephen Wilson1
>
> Clearly the truth hurts, little minds and all that. But there's better
> insults out there, I wonder if you could find one ... and maybe even
> spell it properly!

I disagree somewhat with your assessment - the SJA plots and character arcs
were often quite complex, suitable for teenagers - so not quite down at
Dave and Aggie comprehension levels.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

<tmd736$33qrj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13482&group=rec.arts.drwho#13482

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 15:54:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 15:54 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tmclml$32i0j$2@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> Shut up Stephen Wilson1
> >
> > Clearly the truth hurts, little minds and all that. But there's
> > better insults out there, I wonder if you could find one ... and
> > maybe even spell it properly!
>
> SJA was really boring.

Yeah, I suppose Mike was right, most of it probably went over your head!

Re: [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

<tmf7tj$3b30n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13492&group=rec.arts.drwho#13492

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 21:20:38 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 10:20 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 3/12/22 2:45 am:
> In article <tmd0cq$33aep$1@dont-email.me>, The Last Doctor
> <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> Clearly the truth hurts, little minds and all that. But there's
>>> better insults out there, I wonder if you could find one ... and
>>> maybe even spell it properly!
>>
>> I disagree somewhat with your assessment - the SJA plots and
>> character arcs were often quite complex, suitable for teenagers -
>> so not quite down at Dave and Aggie comprehension levels.
>
> Champion RTD for creativity!

The asswipe is not even BRIGHT enough to realise when he has been insulted!!
--
Daniel

Re: [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!

<tmfulh$3cpoh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13495&group=rec.arts.drwho#13495

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 09:48:49 -0700
 by: Idlehands - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 16:48 UTC

On 2022-12-03 8:03 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
> In article <tmf7tj$3b30n$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 3/12/22 2:45 am:

>>> Champion RTD for creativity!
>>
>> The asswipe is not even BRIGHT enough to realise when he has been insulted!!
>
> Proverbs 16:27 Living Bible (TLB)
> 27 Idle hands are the devil's workshop; idle lips are his mouthpiece.
> The Living Bible (TLB)

That's nice, but what does that have to do with you being a perpetual
asswipe?

--
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."
- Benjamin Franklin

arts / rec.arts.drwho / [NEWS] "The Sarah Jane Adventures" returns to iPlayer!