From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #233: Holiday Miracle Pet Week and
Devil Legion #1
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:15:02 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20210112;
h=x-gm-message-state:path:newsgroups:date:injection-info
:nntp-posting-host:user-agent:mime-version:message-id:subject:from
:injection-date:to;
bh=LLX37UkJBD8Ce/PO6slS4cSjm9RSICrupehhCvUXq1I=;
b=HRRsHV6THfJfT7jvFz8q3xwwDhVXmkOIntj78e2MLupOZNJTzW4z7eS/3XuAWLU0Gf
1rPq2S2hVpRPcCFqwKlSoI00PPp4MCGMIoa2EJEwATpXs6AXJX+bsUlKRCySUsmVLPnt
sh9jCHivv7kEOp6kkDIMT4FEmY8snrb5YetKpkan8s56qNM3+PI+uvj/vf2H7JBNYu+W
2t88THhcPvN4K1jWo6Z24MgeBHm6XsxglcWqbZlrxXqeyhxhE1mNt3y4N9wsYo2WKVYx
hSp0v09tHHlxFeF5FOPCmtsZwjCAVYKSoQF09K5EEPQJNtHm0MBXFyJsQLD9l9xeSIFH
g8rQ==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:15 UTC

You can sift through the racc list archive
https://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/racc/
or you can try google groups racc for these Holdiay Miracle Pet stories.

And it's Holiday Miracle Pet Week -- or at least it was back in some
week of August 2013. I came up with the idea as a way of being able to
have multiple Holiday Miracle Pets meet up with each other, which considering
how they mostly don't exist past their specific holiday season (well at least
the ones that I created are bound by that) most can't really meet up with each
other.

First we have the Prologue for this Miracle Pet Week by myself (Arthur Spitzer).
Net.ropolis Deputy Mayor Hoss T Age has decided to declare a Holiday Miracle
Pet Week and is throwing a big celebration! How many (if any) of the Holiday
Miracle Pets will show up? Will any of the cool ones show up or will it only
be the lame ones? And can Hoss manage to avoid being kidnapped and held
hostage by terrorists?

And next we have Scott Eiler's Devil Legion #1 the continuing adventures of that
whole Satan's Spine storyline. Is it a clash of the Holiday Miracle Pets?
Who will live and who will die? Perhaps everyone? Perhaps no one? Will
there be hugs?

Find out in...

_
| | Classic
| | =
| | ____ ____ _ ____ ___
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

ADVENTURES #233

=====================
Holiday Miracle Pet Week and Devil Legion #1
=====================

From: Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Date: Sun Aug 11 10:22:41 PDT 2013

Holiday Miracle Pet Week -- a Prologue!!

By Arthur Spitzer

Net.ropolis --
August 11, 2013 --

A man stepped out onto a stage set up in the center of RAC.Arthur Park
surrounded by a vast crowd of people. The man was Net.ropolis's Deputy
Mayor. A Deputy Mayor mostly known for holding the Guinness Book of
World Record's record for being held hostage more than any other person
-- ever. A Deputy Mayor by the name of Hoss T Age.

Deputy Mayor Hoss T Age scanned the crowd nervously trying to spot any
suspicious terrorist looking types. Not spotting any, a more reassured
look took over his face and he adjusted his bow tie. A then he took a
scroll out of his pocket and unrolled it. He cleared his throat and
began to address the crowd before him.

Wiping a little sweat off his brow he said, "Wow! Sure is a scorcher
out here, isn't it? Anyways, I'd like to thank all of you good citizens
-- no, I mean -- Great Citizens -- for showing up for the Monumentous
Event on this very, very hot summer day!! This day -- which will live
forever in the Annals of History!! This day in which we will set aside
a week of the year for those Greatest Living Heroes -- to celebrate
their Great -- Greatness!!

"Yes. You know who I'm talking about! Those Makers of Miracles. Those
Paragons of Pet-itude!! Yes. I'm speaking of none other than the Many,
the Mighty, the -- Holiday Miracle Pets!!!!!!!" The crowd erupted into
a roaring avalanche of cheers and 'Woo, Hoos!!!'

** -- Holiday Miracle Pet Week!! -- **

Elsewhere --
The Net.Mexico Institute for the Criminally Inane --

The Miracle Pet Catcher gazed up at the prison tv screen and watched the
events unfolding in Net.ropolis. "No," he said. "No. No. No. No!
No!! No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,
NO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted at the top of his
lungs and tried to hurl himself at the tv set and drag it down from the
ceiling. A number of guards grabbed him as he continued to claw at the
screen and hauled him away.

Plum Master watched as the guards dragged the Miracle Pet Catcher
kicking, screaming, and frothing at the mouth from the TV Watching Room.
And he looked at the plum in his hand and gently stroked it with a
finger. "Yes. Yes. I agree, Mrs. Plum. A very, Very disturbed
individual. I don't know why they allow sickos like that in here.
What? You want me to do what? Kiss you? Kiss every single part of
you. Well okay, if you insist."

** -- Holiday Miracle Pet Week!! -- **

Meanwhile, Back at the Holiday Miracle Pet Week Gathering --

Deputy Mayor Hoss T Age continued to address the crowd. "Now a lot of
the top Holiday Miracle Pet Scientists said this couldn't be done. Not
Possible! That Holiday Miracle Pets can only exist in there own
specific Holiday Season! That you couldn't say have a Radish in the
same time and place with a Habanero! Can't be done! Well, I say --
Hogwash to that and every other scientific thought!! Today, with the
Miracle of Holiday Miracle Pet Week you are about to see something that
no one has ever witnessed before! Never!! And on an August day at
that! A month in which no Holiday Miracle Pet has showed him or herself
on -- ever!!" An aid quickly walked up to the Deputy Mayor and
whispered something. The Deputy Mayor gave the aid a 'You've got to be
kidding me' sort of look and sighed. "Err. *Ahem* I mean besides of
course Chard the Wiggle-Your-Toes Day Miracle Sperm Whale!

"Anyways -- For the First Time Ever on One Stage -- Every Single Living
Holiday Miracle Pet -- Ever!!! All on the Same Stage!!! All of them!!!
This is not an Elsewhirl!!!!!" The crowd started clapping their hands
while hooting and hollering!!! The Dave Thomas Deluxe University
Marching Band began to play the Jefferson Starship song, 'Miracles'!!!!
The Deputy Mayor shouted to the stage crew, "Raise the Curtains!!
RAISE THE CURTAINS!!!!!"

And the curtains raised all the way up and revealed a floating chunk of
rotting meat. And on that floating chunk of rotting meat was a maggot.
A maggot wearing a tiny little Santa hat. A maggot named -- Parsnip
the Christmas Miracle Maggot!! And the rest of the stage was completely
bare. Nothing.

The crowd went dead silent. The marching band stopped playing. Even
the crickets refused to chirp. Everything was quiet.

Deputy Mayor Hoss T Age looked at the stage with horror in his eyes.
"They're not here? You said they'd be here!!" Parsnip pointed out that
he was here. "None of them!!! Even Yam the Thanksgiving Miracle Yak
couldn't bother to show up? Really!? That bastard!!!"

"God!!! Jesus!!!!" shouted Deputy Mayor Hoss T Age. "This is a
Disaster!! A Complete Disaster!!!!" He pointed to his aids, "This is
your fault!!! Your Fault!! You're All Fired!!!!!" And then he looked
at the crowd. It was no longer quiet. The very, very hot, sweaty, and
angry crowd began shouting various profanities and started to throw
various rotten vegetables. "Quick!! The Dancing Girls!! Get the
Dancing Girls out here!!!" he said edging his way quickly off the stage.
Parsnip also quickly flew his Rotting Meat.Thingee off the stage to
avoid being crushed to death by Dancing Girls and Rotten Vegetables.

As Deputy Mayor Hoss T Age quickly made his way to the Deputy
Mayor-mobile, he focused on the more positive side. It could have been
worse. Much worse! At least he had managed to avoid being kidnapped by
terrorists. At least he wouldn't have to worry about being ransomed for
huge amounts of money. At least that hadn't happened!

Of course at about that same time a group of Luxembourgian Liberation
Fronters popped out of the bushes and dragged him kicking and screaming
to their van.

Credits:

Deputy Mayor Hoss T Age, The Miracle Pet Catcher, Plum Master are Free
For Use characters created by Arthur Spitzer.

Parsnip the Christmas Miracle Maggot and Chard the Wiggle-Your-Toes Day
Miracle Sperm Whale are created by Arthur Spitzer and can be used Free
For Use during either their specific Holiday Seasons or during Holiday
Miracle Pet Week.

Writer's Notes:

And thus Holiday Miracle Pet Week (August 11th to 17th -- and feel free
to post any story set during this week afterwards if you can't make it
by this week) begins...

Arthur "And Possibly Ends..." Spitzer

From: Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Date: Sat Aug 17 20:10:20 PDT 2013

What Has Gone Before: The Devil Legion from Planet Hell is in
Net.ropolis! (Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #56: Satan Wants His Spine
Back!) Some of them are going door to door as missionaries. (Devil
Missionaries from Planet Hell #1) The others are exploiting their
spiritual liberties to do what they will... within two limits. They're
confined to Net.ropolis, and their leader took an oath that they act as
heroes!

As their key to freedom, they brought a zombie devil dog. The dog broke
through spells against devil creatures on the way here. No one's quite
sure how.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #233: Holiday Miracle Pet Week and Devil Legion #1

<suc10q$hl1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1357&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1357

From: sei...@eilertech.com (Scott Eiler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Devil Legion #1
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:34:05 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Scott Eiler - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:34 UTC

On 2022-02-13 13:15, Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> November 1917: On a dark and stormy night, the Flying Ace reports to
> Allied headquarters!
>
> General: "We have an important mission for you, Flying Ace. The
> Germans are sending a naval zeppelin to reinforce their East African
> forces. The airship is flying over Central Powers territory all the way
> to Arabia. Your only chance to fight them over friendly ground will be
> in Tanganyika itself. So, prepare to go to Africa!"
>
> Flying Ace: (salutes, and leaves)
>
> General: "Truly the Flying Ace has few words and much action."
>
> So the Flying Ace has flown his Sopwith Camel from France to Italy,
> Libia, the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, Kenia, and finally the English bases in
> the conquered part of Tanganyika. Now, to strike the enemy!
>
> But wait... a python and a fierce leopard are snarling at him! What is
> the Flying Ace to do?
>
> The leopard yells, "Arriba!" A mariachi band plays in the distance.
>
> ... Huh?

Oh my, I have *entirely* forgotten this story! Indeed I just now
re-read it, and I am still not sure how it ends!

But at least the Devil Dog and I are part of LNH history now! 8{D>

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal. From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.